PDA

View Full Version : Weather forecast for next week?

JennyS
Jul 1st, 2007, 02:44 PM
anyone have a link to a good website for the London weather forecast? Thanks.

Rik.
Jul 1st, 2007, 02:47 PM
Today 55% rain
Monday 70% rain
Tuesday 65% rain
Wedneday 55% rain
Thursday 20% rain
Friday 20% rain
Saterday 10% rain

http://www.zoover.nl/engeland/london_en_south_east/londen/weer

MistyGrey
Jul 1st, 2007, 02:49 PM
Monday not looking good! :(

JennyS
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:14 PM
Today 55% rain
Monday 70% rain
Tuesday 65% rain
Wedneday 55% rain
Thursday 20% rain
Friday 20% rain
Saterday 10% rain

thanks! And wow, a lot of rain is a comin!

Maria Croft
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:15 PM
Today 55% rain
Monday 70% rain
Tuesday 65% rain
Wedneday 55% rain
Thursday 20% rain
Friday 20% rain
Saterday 10% rain

That's actually better then I thought it would be :help: :p

Craigy
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:16 PM
thanks! And wow, a lot of rain is a comin!

It's actually not as bad as this week.
Monday is the worst day. There's not really meant to be any prolonged rain, just showers :)

ToeTag
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:46 PM
Monday,Tuesday, and Wednesday have a greater chance of rain then not. Wimbledon is already behind; so I wonder at what point does the committee decide to have the atp matches reduced to B/3? Personally, I would love to see this. If only to see the consternation from the "men have more depth" crowd.

rod99
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:59 PM
Monday,Tuesday, and Wednesday have a greater chance of rain then not. Wimbledon is already behind; so I wonder at what point does the committee decide to have the atp matches reduced to B/3? Personally, I would love to see this. If only to see the consternation from the "men have more depth" crowd.

never. men should never play best of 3 in a grand slam.

RayRob
Jul 1st, 2007, 04:05 PM
anyone have a link to a good website for the London weather forecast? Thanks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3564 - very basic but been fairly spot on...get's there info from the Met Office...the met office site is slightly more detailed then the BBC one and is also where the Wimbledon organisers get their weather info from.

Met office London & SE England weather: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/se_forecast_weather.html

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:53 PM
Erm, thats because Europe's weather blows :shrug:

John.
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:57 PM
They could have played today, but no. Tradition is more importnat than getting through the backlog of matches :(

Dexter
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:00 PM
Fantastic. :yeah::o

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:11 PM
Its not bad at all actually. A day where the forcast is that there is a 70% chance of rain means only that there is good possibility that there will be some interuption. But it also suggests that there is a possibility that there will be no rain at all. Most likely on a day like that one can expect interuptions totaling probably no more than 2 or 3 hours. The important thing is that it looks unlikely that any day next week will be a total washout. As long as that is the case all is well.

Sure they will be delays next week but the schedule allows for substantial delays before the is a major problem. I am actually very optimistic the tournament will be finished on time.

papru
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:28 PM
neverending story :lol:

thrust
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:35 PM
They should have played today! Not to play on MS is silly and old fashioned, like much of Wimbledon.

sharapovarulz1
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:38 PM
Well atleast it looks ok for the 2 finals!

PamShriverRockz
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:39 PM
Weather was quite nice in London today. :rolleyes:

I'm convinced they don't play because Virginia Wade likes to relax all day with her glass of sherry and cucumber sandwiches.

John.
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:43 PM
Weather was quite nice in London today. :rolleyes:

I'm convinced they don't play because Virginia Wade likes to relax all day with her glass of sherry and cucumber sandwiches.

:haha:That wouldn't surprise me at all

SJW
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:52 PM
They could have played today, but no. Tradition is more importnat than getting through the backlog of matches :(

Do you really think that would be appropriate or even feasible with the Diana concert going on? :confused:

John.
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:54 PM
^^^Yes. Why not?

Live 8 took place on the day of the Ladie's final 2 years ago.

SJW
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:01 PM
^^^Yes. Why not?

Live 8 took place on the day of the Ladie's final 2 years ago.

Ok three major differences:

1) It was a saturday. Public transport is nowhere near as good on a Sunday
2) That was scheduled in advance, not last minute
3) This is the "People's Princess", and to be honest, as unfair and narrow-minded as it seems, because she was a royal, and because it's her birthday, and because it's 10 years since she died almost, today is "more important" than raising money for people in poverty. This concert is made out to be some kind of sacred event. Speaking as an English person and not a tennis fan, I think that playing on an anniversary such as this would have been in poor taste and criticised beyond measure.

Plus they're not far enough behind in play to even consider it.

John.
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:06 PM
Ok three major differences:

1) It was a saturday. Public transport is nowhere near as good on a Sunday
2) That was scheduled in advance, not last minute
3) This is the "People's Princess", and to be honest, fairly or unfairly, because she was a royal, and because it's her birthday, and because it's 10 years since she died almost, today is made out to be some kind of sacred event. Speaking as an English person and not a tennis fan, I think that playing on an anniversary such as this would have been in poor taste and criticised beyond measure.

Plus they're not far enough behind in play to even consider it.

I see your point and I agree with them.

However, as a rule, why is there a need not to play on the middle Sunday of the tournament every year. When was the last Wimbledon that was completely rain free? 1995 :shrug:

The weather is always a problem, so I don't understand why they never play on the Sunday. It would make the possibility of having a 3rd Monday, or getting way behind in the schedule less likely.

Just my opinion :)

DownTheLine21
Jul 1st, 2007, 09:31 PM
I see your point and I agree with them.

However, as a rule, why is there a need not to play on the middle Sunday of the tournament every year. When was the last Wimbledon that was completely rain free? 1995 :shrug:

The weather is always a problem, so I don't understand why they never play on the Sunday. It would make the possibility of having a 3rd Monday, or getting way behind in the schedule less likely.

Just my opinion :)

Speaking of the possibility of a third Monday, what is the latest day that Wimbledon has ever ended due to bad weather?

Rod the Bama
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:42 PM
Speaking of the possibility of a third Monday, what is the latest day that Wimbledon has ever ended due to bad weather?

I remember they played on a third Monday around about `92 i think to complete the men`s doubles final. BTW i saw in the forecast that there`s a good chance of light rain, which means that there`s a good chance of getting action on the courts tomorrow.

K-Dog
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:51 PM
They had to play either the whole or part of the men's final on Monday in 2001. I think that the ladies final occured on Sunday as well.

Btw, the weather was awesome today for Diana's concert. Maybe the weather will hold out for tomorrow as well.