PDA

View Full Version : Venus not shown in ESPN's prelude to Wimbledon, just like Serena in Australia

GracefulVenus
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:08 AM
At the beginning of each days of coverage of Wimbledon on ESPN there is a prelude with theme music that showcases the previous champions of the event. Venus Williams is a 3 time champion (the most of any women currently playing) and is not showcased in the prelude. Sharapova and Mauresmo (both 1 time champions) are showcased along the likes of Evert, Martina N., Martina H., and Steffi Graff, but not Venus. :confused:

I also noticed the same thing with Serena and the Australian Open prelude. Serena is also a three time champion of that event and was not pictured. ESPN needs to get with the program and showcase my girls. May be petty, but I have nothing better to complain about today. :cool:

heytennis
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:12 AM
How about you try not complaining at all then?

GracefulVenus
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:13 AM
How about you try not complaining at all then?

Then I won't get to talk to folks like you :devil:

Donny
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:13 AM
Serena wasn't a three time champion at the time of the 07 AO.

And the Wimbledon intro clearly featured Serena, a two time champ.

GracefulVenus
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:18 AM
Serena wasn't a three time champion at the time of the 07 AO.

And the Wimbledon intro clearly featured Serena, a two time champ.

My point is that niether are shown in the preludes of the events that they are most dominant at. Venus isn't shown in any! But you have players that have won the event once that are pictured!

supergrunt
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:51 AM
I agree.

mckyle.
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:59 AM
racism.

floco
Jul 1st, 2007, 04:00 AM
For Mauresmo, she is only part of the prelude because she is the defending champion ;)

supergrunt
Jul 1st, 2007, 04:02 AM
racism.

Why must you bring race into everything? Are you a racist?

floco
Jul 1st, 2007, 04:04 AM
racism.

Really? Cause personally I am getting tired of seeing Serena against Sequera at every rain delay... on the same ESPN! Or even their doubles match... :rolleyes:

.Andrew.
Jul 1st, 2007, 04:04 AM
Venus used to be in the prelude. I remember her exactly being after Sampras. It was her winning in 2000 when she jumped pretty high when winning :lol:

Amelie has to be in it because she is the defending champion.

Reuchlin
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:13 AM
Im sure that Venus doesnt care, why do you?

plantman
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:18 AM
What's next?.............WTF-- They only show 5 sec. of so and so, and 15 sec. of so and so!!!!!!!!:lol:

mckyle.
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:26 AM
Why must you bring race into everything? Are you a racist?

yeah, i'm racist for claiming racism :smash:

and you wonder why you are the official retard and troll :lol:

supergrunt
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:21 AM
yeah, i'm racist for claiming racism :smash:

and you wonder why you are the official retard and troll :lol:

No, you're being sarcastic. :)

Jameka, Forever!
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:39 AM
If ESPN leave out Venus from the opening showcase of past Wimbledon champions, they will succeed by erasing the three titles she won. I don't feel sorry for Venus, because she still have two U.S. Opens to live with.

mckyle.
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:46 AM
No, you're being sarcastic. :)

ugh. just die already please :smash:

GracefulVenus
Jul 1st, 2007, 02:02 PM

Venus doesn't care about lots of things that go on in the tennis world, and if it was your fav player, you probably would care too. Dumbass

SunriseSunset
Jul 1st, 2007, 02:50 PM
It's typical. They just HAVE to show Pova because she fits the Golden girl image (skin colour, blonde hair). Serena and Venus don't fit that.

No matter what, as long as they keep winning, one day the organisers won't be able to ignore them anymore.

The same happens in England too. At the end of the day, when they show the video of all the play throughout the day, Pova gets shown a billion times and everyone else (even the no1 players Federer and Henin) get shown less.

Bijoux0021
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:03 PM
It's typical. They just HAVE to show Pova because she fits the Golden girl image (skin colour, blonde hair). Serena and Venus don't fit that.

No matter what, as long as they keep winning, one day the organisers won't be able to ignore them anymore.

The same happens in England too. At the end of the day, when they show the video of all the play throughout the day, Pova gets shown a billion times and everyone else (even the no1 players Federer and Henin) get shown less.
EXACTLY!

mckyle.
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:20 PM
racism.

Dan23
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:26 PM

EXACTLY!

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/1666/nodsr4.gif

cellophane
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:31 PM
HATERZZ!!!!!

mckyle.
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:32 PM
rack1zm. it's only rack1zm.

darrinbaker00
Jul 1st, 2007, 04:26 PM
Billie Jean King won more Wimbledon singles titles (six) than Venus and Serena have combined (five), but she was also left out. Just thought I'd throw that out there. ;)

supergrunt
Jul 1st, 2007, 04:54 PM
racism.

Why do feel the need to bring racism into everything? Are you a racist?

supergrunt
Jul 1st, 2007, 04:55 PM
rack1zm. it's only rack1zm.

Why do you feel the need to bring rack1zm into everything? Are you a rack1zt?

Craigy
Jul 1st, 2007, 04:56 PM
Why do you feel the need to bring rack1zm into everything? Are you a rack1zt?

Well then we should ask you... Why do you bring Serena into everything?

GracefulVenus
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:09 PM
Billie Jean King won more Wimbledon singles titles (six) than Venus and Serena have combined (five), but she was also left out. Just thought I'd throw that out there. ;)

Wow, that sucks!

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:36 PM
There's only so much space to put champions, I'm sure it wasn't an intentional thing...they love the Williamses over at ESPN.

winone23
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:56 PM

She cares because she is a tennis fan that actually watches tennis and wants to know why a 5 time finalist and 3 time champ is not featured in ESPN's prelude. It's that simple.

40-0
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:13 PM
Well on Espn here they have venus as first in the left side, 2000 win. Then on the preview for next day they have her too.