PDA

View Full Version : OK, so let's quantify the Justine/Serena Quarterfinal:

JustineTime
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:25 AM
Assuming both get through their next match(and I think Serena will have her hands full if a mentally stable Daniela shows up, whereas I think Justine will beat Patty pretty handily), who do you give the edge in this match?

I'm gonna hate myself in the morning(as Bugs Bunny would say), but for my money it's 55-45 Serena. :help:

:bowdown: Please God, let me be wrong, just this once! :bowdown: ;)

What's your numerical take?

Onyxangel
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:31 AM
I love 'em both... and until they prove differently (meaning more than one or two victories on a given surface), I'll always take Justine on clay and Rena everywhere else...

Rena in straight sets.

95-5

Foxy
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:32 AM
I don't know why, but I just have this gut feeling that Justine is gonna beat Serena this time.

I don't know why, but I'm nervous because I think she has the mental edge over Serena and she's been very quiet.

Justine really should have beaten Serena at the NASDAQ. 2 years ago, I would have never said that I think Justine could beat Serena on grass. But this year I think she can if she keeps her level of play up.

Everytime I have this gut feeling with either of the sisters, it's always true.

I'm gonna say 60-40 in favor of Justine.

Onyxangel
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:37 AM
Justine has played well, but she hasn't played anyone near Rena's caliber yet.

Rena wins easy

Foxy
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:43 AM
Onyxangel,

The same can be said about Serena as well.

supergrunt
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:46 AM
Hantuchova's talkin' alot of sh!t, so that is going to be tough. I am not saying that Serena would lose, but I wouldn't look past that.

Donny
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:50 AM
I don't know why, but I just have this gut feeling that Justine is gonna beat Serena this time.

I don't know why, but I'm nervous because I think she has the mental edge over Serena and she's been very quiet.

Justine really should have beaten Serena at the NASDAQ. 2 years ago, I would have never said that I think Justine could beat Serena on grass. But this year I think she can if she keeps her level of play up.

Everytime I have this gut feeling with either of the sisters, it's always true.

I'm gonna say 60-40 in favor of Justine.

Miami was very slow hardcourt. Slow to the point where PMac said that he didn't like this type of surface for Davis Cup matches, and would be picking a much faster hardcourt to play the semis on.

It in no way compares to grass.

trufanjay
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:52 AM
I am not worried about Justine or Serena. They both should win their fourth round matches in straight sets. Justine is playing better but Serena hates losing to the same player twice in a row and this is Serena's surface.

Serena playing doubles is not a good sign for Justine either because that's even more match play and conditioning for Serena. Henin has not been tested and you have got to give Serena the mental edge because she will go into the match with more time on court, meaning a greater chance that she will peak.

JustineTime
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:58 AM
I am not worried about Justine or Serena. They both should win their fourth round matches in straight sets. Justine is playing better but Serena hates losing to the same player twice in a row and this is Serena's surface.

Serena playing doubles is not a good sign for Justine either because that's even more match play and conditioning for Serena. Henin has not been tested and you have got to give Serena the mental edge because she will go into the match with more time on court, meaning a greater chance that she will peak.

OK, but you still haven't quantified your prediction. :p

JustineTime
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:59 AM
Hantuchova's talkin' alot of sh!t, so that is going to be tough. I am not saying that Serena would lose, but I wouldn't look past that.

Likewise. :p

LefandePatty
Jul 1st, 2007, 02:28 AM
Serena and Justine didn't win yet.

trufanjay
Jul 1st, 2007, 02:49 AM
OK, but you still haven't quantified your prediction. :p
Serena :)

Apoleb
Jul 1st, 2007, 02:51 AM
IMO Justine is a slight favorite. 55-45. I haven't been impressed with Serena's play from the baseline. A bit too passive and hesistant, and trying to slice and spin a bit too much. Even against Sequera, she was rallying a lot. I don't think this will beat Justine even though her serve has worked excellently in the 2nd and 3rd round.

trufanjay
Jul 1st, 2007, 02:53 AM
Serena and Justine didn't win yet.
True, but they will.

I love Patty but she won't shake Justine. Serena has the edge over Hantuchova. Justine and Serena won't admit it but I seriously think they have both looked pass Patty and Hantuchova. They are the two most confident women in the game and when they hit the practice court they have each other in mind, knowing their meeting is inevitable. They respect each other enough to know that the other will hold their end of the bargain. That's the beauty of this rivalry.

supergrunt
Jul 1st, 2007, 02:54 AM
Justine just gets everything back :(

supergrunt
Jul 1st, 2007, 02:55 AM
But you know what, Maria beat Serena easily in that Wimbledon final, and then she beat her again at the YEC, and then she had three match points at the 2005 AO. You would think that Serena would never beat Maria 1 and 1, but she did. She figured her out. Last year Jankovic beat Serena in straights by the same score that Justine did. What did Serena do? She came back and beat Jankovic in straights. I think that she will figure Justine out.

trufanjay
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:00 AM
IMO Justine is a slight favorite. 55-45. I haven't been impressed with Serena's play from the baseline. A bit too passive and hesistant, and trying to slice and spin a bit too much. Even against Sequera, she was rallying a lot. I don't think this will beat Justine even though her serve has worked excellently in the 2nd and 3rd round.
That is true, but Serena has a good chance of peaking in that match. Pay attention to the way she plays Hantuchova also. Justine has not been tested. Serena will be ready for the serve because she played Molik, she will be ready to pass Justine at the net because of doubles, and the serve and return are automatic. Justine has a chance but she knows that this is not clay so I don't think she can use her previous match over Serena as a confidence booster. Serena can play horrible tennis for one or two rounds and then turn it on when she needs to. Serena won't be able to handle a loss to Justine for the second time in a row on her favorite surface at her favorite grand slam. I just don't see Serena allowing that to happen. But Justine still has a slight chance because it's not a 100% chance that Serena will play well.

60-40, the two-time champion.

JustineTime
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:00 AM
Serena :)

quantify
verb express as a number or measure or quantity;

eg 55-45 :p

trufanjay
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:02 AM
quantify
verb express as a number or measure or quantity;

eg 55-45 :p
Read my previous post and tell me what you think :p

DownTheLine21
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:04 AM
Although I'm not prepared to write off Hantuchova, I think Serena would prevail in this QF encounter. 65-35

Bruno71
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:51 AM
Serena 51-49

When I look at the matches played in the tournament so far against the opposition they faced, I would go with Justine, but when the surface comes into play in a later round, I give a slight edge to Serena. I also have this niggling feeling that Justine is overdue for a bad day...and I should add that is the opposite of what I would want to happen.

TSequoia01
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:31 AM
If Serena is as serene as she was against Sequira, and does not allow Justine to stand 6 ft behind the baseline with no penalty on her service. She should defeat Justine. Justine is in the best form of anyone playing so Rena had better bring it. 55/45 Serena.

Orion
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:31 AM
I honestly think that the two of them will never again enter a match with one of them as "the favorite" or anything of that sort. They both have the ability to take it to one another, but they also both have the ability to completely flare out without a lot of energy (Serena at the French, Henin for about 3/4 of a set, which (with Serena's play improved) was what it took, at Miami).

If I were betting, I'd say Henin because she'll have the easier 4th rounder and they might be playing two days in a row. That said, Serena is perfectly capable of crushing Hantuchova, and beating her at tennis too! BUT, I still have more confidence in Henin's multiple match stamina than Serena's. Henin's played a lot of matches in the past month, but I get a sense that if she starts strongly, Serena's going to be in trouble.

The longer the match, the better I think Serena will do, though. Henin's footspeed inevitably starts to wear thin around the two hour mark, whereas Serena's stays pretty steady.

SO, I'm going to go out on a limb and say if Henin wins, it's in straight sets. If Serena wins, it's in three.

G1Player2
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:36 AM
I honestly think that the two of them will never again enter a match with one of them as "the favorite" or anything of that sort. They both have the ability to take it to one another, but they also both have the ability to completely flare out without a lot of energy (Serena at the French, Henin for about 3/4 of a set, which (with Serena's play improved) was what it took, at Miami).

If I were betting, I'd say Henin because she'll have the easier 4th rounder and they might be playing two days in a row. That said, Serena is perfectly capable of crushing Hantuchova, and beating her at tennis too! BUT, I still have more confidence in Henin's multiple match stamina than Serena's. Henin's played a lot of matches in the past month, but I get a sense that if she starts strongly, Serena's going to be in trouble.

The longer the match, the better I think Serena will do, though. Henin's footspeed inevitably starts to wear thin around the two hour mark, whereas Serena's stays pretty steady.

SO, I'm going to go out on a limb and say if Henin wins, it's in straight sets. If Serena wins, it's in three.

Good analysis. But I still maintain that Serena is the favorite (slight) on any surface other than clay.

marion127
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:43 AM
yes Good analysis

Bruno71
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:48 AM

Justine still looked fast against Mauresmo in the latter part of their match at Eastbourne. With Justine, to me, it seems more like she can go away for a time in a match, sometimes to come back and sometimes not.

Calypso
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:07 AM
I'd say Serena 55-45.

a) Both playing at 100% : Serena def. Henin 6-4,7-5.

b) Serena at 95% vs Justine at 100% : Justine def. Serena 6-2,4-6,6-3.

c) Serena at 100% vs Justine at 95% : Serena def. Justine 6-3,6-2.

d) Both playing at 95% : Serena def Justine 7-5,2-6,7-5.

I don't think situation (d) will happen. One or both will come out firing:armed: !If Serena is playing her best on grass, she wins regardless of how Justine is playing.

For Justine to win this potential QF, Serena has to be playing less than her best, (b) ; and erratic, especially off the ground because her serve is usually so dependable. However, I could be very wrong:lol: .

Serena better be practicing to counter the low slices and blocked returns Justine will throw in.

I predict Serena in 3, similar to the Miami match, but without the bagel:scared:

Petersmiler
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:50 AM
Oh God. I really don't want to pick this one!

If they both get there, I would have to go with 60-40 in favour of Serena. I still think Justine has a bit of a mental barrier when it comes to Serena. I think RG and Miami may have helped her confidence, but I'm still not absolutely sure.

Whatever happens, I hope it's a fantastic match. I hope Justine wins, but I really think Serena will win this one. Please prove me wrong Justine!

Rosslyn
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:58 AM
It's going to be disappointing match once again...Serena is affraid of making UEs so she plays safe, Justine wins easily

frontier
Jul 1st, 2007, 09:36 AM
This match is going to be determined by serena's nerves,if she is nervous she wont win but if she comes out and play her usual aggressive game she will win.

AlwaysGraf
Jul 1st, 2007, 09:46 AM
Let's not jump the gun. They both have to get there, but one thing I will say, this rivalry has been the best thing about this year. Simply fantastic. I really don't know what to expect with this potential match. I'm fucking raging that I have to work, but I will totally be rooting for Justine. Come on!!!!!

rottweily
Jul 1st, 2007, 09:47 AM
I question the mental stability of people with bible quotes in their signature...

TSequoia01
Jul 1st, 2007, 09:48 AM
This match is going to be determined by serena's nerves,if she is nervous she wont win but if she comes out and play her usual aggressive game she will win.

Serena knows she must be aggressive, but she must keep her ue's down as well. Not always going for the winner on the first or second shot but maybe the third of fourth. All the time on the attack. When Justine stands 6 feet behind the baseline to counter her serve, come in and put away the volley. If she does this and executes she will win.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:20 AM
I think that the advantage is 65-35 Serena. I'm sure Justine will do her best to make it a competitive match, but Serena is more aggressive than Amelie 10 fold. Serena has a bigger serve (which the grass will accentuate) more penetrating shots (ditto) and not to mention the confidence of winning twice, reaching a final, a semi, and a quarter. So, I think Serena should win this one in straights. Even if she loses a set, I'd still have 100% confidence in her.

MistyGrey
Jul 1st, 2007, 11:07 AM
70-30 for Serena IMO.

But Allez Justine!

Ceri
Jul 1st, 2007, 11:16 AM
I think that the advantage is 65-35 Serena. I'm sure Justine will do her best to make it a competitive match, but Serena is more aggressive than Amelie 10 fold. Serena has a bigger serve (which the grass will accentuate) more penetrating shots (ditto) and not to mention the confidence of winning twice, reaching a final, a semi, and a quarter. So, I think Serena should win this one in straights. Even if she loses a set, I'd still have 100% confidence in her.

Good analysis - I think that's fair. I'd give the slight edge to Serena 55-45 at the moment, because she has won wimbledon, unlike Justine, and her grass game is stronger I believe, Justine's titles at Eastbourne notwithstanding. I like both players a lot but because Serena already has Wimby titles I want Justine to win one. So, slight edge to Serena but if Justine comes out all guns blazing, she has every opportunity. Hope we're in for a good match and not a damp squib!

Dave.
Jul 1st, 2007, 11:24 AM
I hope this match happens and I hope it will live up to it's hype this time. I suppose Serena would be the favourite but I am really nervous for her. The start of the match is the most important IMO. Justine is playing better and we all know how mentally tough she has become. She rarely (if ever) puts in a poor performance. We know she will come out firing, while Serena takes a bit of time to get going. She can't afford to do that here as Justine is too good a frontrunner. Serena has to stick it out in the early games and try and get a lead or stay with Justine at least.

All of this grasscourt pedigree of Serena won't be as relevant as it would have been say 2 or 3 years ago. The courts have slowed down dramatically and Justine is certainly comfortable playing on them from the baseline. Serena will need to serve 100% right from the go and cut out all the unforced errors. She will need to be aggressive and set up points to get to the net, not be passive and waiting for Justine's backhand to strike. Serena needs that first strike in every point.

All that said, it will be a very hard task for both of them, and I fully believe Serena has the confidence to do all of the above. My only scare is that Justine will come out and break a sloppy Serena in her first service game and hold onto that for the rest of the set. If Serena can get a good start and do the right things then she wins.

tennisfan2480
Jul 1st, 2007, 12:00 PM
Well I look at it this way:

Serena's pissed at the French QF. She says she played awful, Justine played well, ON CLAY, and the score was 6-4, 6-3. That's not a blow-out for someone who lost and said they played awful. Also, Serena's hamstring is better and Justine's ankle is so-so.

I would think a sharper Serena, ON GRASS, would 'win' in a similar 6-4, 6-3 scoreline, it's only a difference of a few games. But that's all speculation. Justine may still win. Their (whoever wins) mental fortitude will win the day.

Onyxangel
Jul 1st, 2007, 12:46 PM

Normally I would never do this to you because I'm a fan of your posts, but the discrepancy did catch my eye....:bolt: ;)

Vlad Tepes
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:06 PM
Justine is in good form and I bet she really wants to win the only GS tournament that is missing from her collection and to record a first time non-clay win over Serena. If she maintains a high first-serve percentage and takes control of the match from the beginning, Justine can very well win. However, this is grass and Serena is on the other side of the net, and we all know that she is capable of comming back and winning a match even after being behind, so I guess the chances are quite even. I'd give a slight advantage to Serena, as her game is more suited for grass and she is always incredibly dangerous at Wimbledon. 55-45 seems about right and considering the great champions these two ladies are I wouldn't venture to give more than 60-65% chances to any of them, as they are both fully capable of lifting the trophy without dropping a set, imho.

bandabou
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:56 PM
Both have to win another match first...but the QF is too close to predict. If Serena had her 2002/2003 heck even 2004/2005 movement, this would have been a no-contest. But the movement isn't there...so that's the thing I'm worried about. With Serena it's twofold: she isn't moving as good as she used NOR is she as agressive as she used. So she needs to work on one of those factors or Justine might well win.

AlwaysGraf
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:57 PM
Well I look at it this way:

Serena's pissed at the French QF. She says she played awful, Justine played well, ON CLAY, and the score was 6-4, 6-3. That's not a blow-out for someone who lost and said they played awful. Also, Serena's hamstring is better and Justine's ankle is so-so.

I would think a sharper Serena, ON GRASS, would 'win' in a similar 6-4, 6-3 scoreline, it's only a difference of a few games. But that's all speculation. Justine may still win. Their (whoever wins) mental fortitude will win the day.

Funny, in my wee tennis head, I kinda thought, well a few yrs ago, it was a rather close french semi between the two, and then an easy 3 and 2 was it win at wim for serena after that. So, this year justine had a mp at miami and a relatively straightforward win at the french, so i kinda think that going by that and the fact henin is a different player than in 03 then this match could and should be closer than in 03

Bijoux0021
Jul 1st, 2007, 02:31 PM

Don't forget that Justine won Eastbourne just one day prior to the start of Wimbledon, so she's had plenty of match play and lots of time on Grass.
Nonetheless, if Serena plays well, she should win.

JustineTime
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:10 PM
60-40, the two-time champion.

:yeah:

:p

Craigy
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:11 PM

I hate you.

Rex59
Jul 1st, 2007, 04:12 PM
Justine is the likely winner. She may have had doubts before her match in Miami, where she basically dominated Serena before collapsing in the final game in the second set. Those doubts were erased at the French, where she handily dismissed Serena and has confidence that she can best Serena on grass. Serena at present is too emotional, attempting to will herself to this title, similar to her performance at the French, and she will have difficulty in besting a consistent and matured Justine. Serena knows that Justine is her foremost rival today and it does affect her psyche. When a rival is in your head, a player will overcompensate by going for too much rather than play their normal game as the game unfolds. Serena will overhit a lot in rallies in the attempt to blast Justine off the court, creating a lot of unnecessary UFEs. Plus, the crowd will be neutral, as opposed to the partisanship viewed at Miami, where, for once in her career, Serena had support, which may have contributed to Justine's collapse. If the match occurs, Justine should win in 2 sets. If it goes 3 sets then Serena will win, for it will take more than 2 sets for Serena to calm down and play her normal game.

winone23
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:07 PM
I'm giving the edge to Serena because of her will to win this match. Serena will find a way to win by any means necessary.

John.
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:10 PM
I give a slight edge to Serena, but she is going to have play exceptional from beginning to end.

Juju has looked so good this Wimbledon, but I can't see her beating Serena on grass.

SV_Fan
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:13 PM
Serena is pissed off like in 03' she wants to kick justines a*s so badly. She was right ever since 03 a different Serena has been at the French Open. She does have unfinished business with her amd that is clear. Serena might have to demolish Hantuchova so she can get to Justine because Serena went into the match without her fight. She could of won that but she didn't show that fight and that will to win. So she wants to settle this once and for all.

maximus82
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:16 PM
I think Henin has played much better than Serena at this point of the tournament...but that rarely seems to matter for Serena. I'm guessing she'll come out guns blazing and Henin will be overpowered....so 65-35 in favor of Serena. (but please prove me wrong juju :banana: :banana:)

SV_Fan
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:21 PM
Here's what Im trying to say Justine has been playing low ranked players wualifiers etc.

Serena has played Alicia Molik, Sequera some girl in this first round. She has had a different level of competiton than what Justine has and plus her doubles so she should be confident.

Conor
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:39 PM
I dont think Justine will lose a set this tournament... how bold I know! :devil:

Orion
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:48 PM
I understand that Hantuchova is a far better player (on grass) than Schnyder, but that's just at Wimbledon. Henin's beaten MAURESMO in the past week. That's the toughest opponent anyone in the top ten will have until the quarterfinals.

At the same time (wow, I do use that expression a lot), Serena's playing doubles is a crucial piece of the puzzle. The more time she gets honing the aggression she displays at the net, the more dangerous she will be. If she comes in on her returns (definitely doable if she's serving well and Henin returns at her usual 5-6 feet behind the baseline), she's going to make Henin work very hard. I don't think Serena's as good at volleying as Mauresmo, but she's got a better serve. ANYWAYS, at this point, I'm kind of hoping that (barring Kuznetsova from winning over Jankovic) the final is Serena vs. Mauresmo, in a dramatic three setter. Mauresmo should be pretty clear until the semifinals, and I think she can handle Sharapova, Kuznetsova, and Venus.

If I were to pick the match that would be best for tennis, I'd say Serena and Mauresmo. If I were to pick the match best for ME, Kuznetsova and Jankovic.

IAM#1
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:22 PM
Serena has to step up and play AGGRESIVELY.. I LOVE THE WILLIAMS and will always root for them but Serena has to play some spot on tennis.. going for her shots.. She needs to channel the time she whooped Mauresmo @ the French, and Sharapova @ the Aussie. My gut is saying this match is going to be EXTREMELY TIGHT.. Justine will succumb to NERVES... Serena in 3!

supergrunt
Jul 1st, 2007, 09:33 PM
We are acting like Henin is Federer. She is not. Serena will not have to play the match of her life to win. She could be at 70% and still pull it off in three close sets. But she won't play 70%, she'll be motivated and play her best.. and that is why she will win.

Bruno71
Jul 1st, 2007, 09:39 PM
I don't think Serena's as good at volleying as Mauresmo, but she's got a better serve.

There was a stat on here the other day that showed that Amelie's 1st serve average speed was 1 mph higher than Serena's so far in the tourney. I think she places it every bit as well, too. But one thing I noticed in the Eastbourne final is that Mauresmo's serve worsened as the match lengthened. Also, I know Serena is capable of serving even better than she has.

supergrunt
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:00 PM
There was a stat on here the other day that showed that Amelie's 1st serve average speed was 1 mph higher than Serena's so far in the tourney. I think she places it every bit as well, too. But one thing I noticed in the Eastbourne final is that Mauresmo's serve worsened as the match lengthened. Also, I know Serena is capable of serving even better than she has.

But Serena's serve is still bigger and she gets more aces... and she can count on it more.

Callystarr
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:03 PM
I think that Serena Williams has been more impressive thus far in this competition. Serena Williams had a MENTALLY prepared hard hitting Alicia Molik, and was able to fight her off pretty handily. Destoryed the Venezuelan. I'm sorry Serena's serves are going to be a bit too much for Justine to be able to handle on this surface.

Serena Williams 85-15

Bruno71
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:07 PM
But Serena's serve is still bigger and she gets more aces... and she can count on it more.

Actually, thru 3 rounds now, Amelie has 23 aces to Serena's 20.

supergrunt
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:10 PM
Actually, thru 3 rounds now, Amelie has 23 aces to Serena's 20.

Ok, so does Amelie have a better serve than Serena?

Bruno71
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:11 PM
Ok, so does Amelie have a better serve than Serena?

Did I say that? Just that her stats are better so far.

supergrunt
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:13 PM
Ok then if you're not trying to prove anything then shut up. :)

Bruno71
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:14 PM
Ok then if you're not trying to prove anything then shut up. :)

Oh super retard and troll, how you always do brighten my day. :inlove:

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 1st, 2007, 11:01 PM
Imma kick all of yall asses if Serena and Justine done make it to the quarter final..because yall will have jinxed them lol

Thanx4nothin
Jul 1st, 2007, 11:08 PM
If i had to quantify it then i would give it 60-40 to Serena, simply because i expect big things from her metally in the possible meeting.

Thanx4nothin
Jul 1st, 2007, 11:09 PM
Did I say that? Just that her stats are better so far.

Ace wise but who has more DF? I haven't seen them yet...

Orion
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:44 AM
Ace wise but who has more DF? I haven't seen them yet...

Aces, Mauresmo leads 23 to 20
Double faults, Serena leads (?) 7 to 14
1st Serve Win %, Mauresmo leads 79 to 74
1st Serves In %, Serena leads at (roughly) 58 to 50.

It looks like Mauresmo's been going for more on her serve in the early rounds, with her average speed up a bit, while Serena's working her way into that kind of quality on her serve.

I'd love to see the two play in the final (although I'd prefer Kuznetsova-Jankovic) to see the two best servers (at the moment) in the game, plus two of the most stunningly athletic players playing contrasting styles.

I'd give the serving edge to Serena. She places it better than anyone in the game, and she's not even serving at her best yet.

morningglory
Jul 2nd, 2007, 02:08 AM
99.99%-0.01% Serena :rocker2:

Wolverines08
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:22 AM
I say more like 57% to 43%!!!

Serena!!!

Orion
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:48 PM
After today, anyone changing their numbers?

Orion
Jul 4th, 2007, 07:43 PM

Well, I was wrong...

*JR*
Jul 4th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Assuming both get through their next match(and I think Serena will have her hands full if a mentally stable Daniela shows up, whereas I think Justine will beat Patty pretty handily), who do you give the edge in this match?

I'm gonna hate myself in the morning(as Bugs Bunny would say), but for my money it's 55-45 Serena. :help:

:bowdown: Please God, let me be wrong, just this once! :bowdown: ;)

YOU of all ppl should know that its trivializing "God" to ask "Him" for a certain result in a mere sporting match. :p Were I religious, I wouldn't Pray Patty loses, just wish and hope for it. (Plus of course give opponents info on kicking her ass when possible, as I do anyhow). :tape:

Save your prayers for things like nobody getting hurt, etc. you blasphemizer! :lol:

Apoleb
Jul 4th, 2007, 07:55 PM

:bowdown: