PDA

View Full Version : What's the story about bumping between Daniela and Serena?

kantele
Jul 1st, 2007, 12:47 AM
Q. So there's going to be no bump, no Serena slamming into you on the changeovers this time?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: I hope not (laughing).

Q. So you're going to walk around her?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: I don't know, I haven't really thought about that (smiling).

Had there been an incident between them before?

Derek.
Jul 1st, 2007, 12:48 AM
LA 2006.

It wasn't anything big really.

le bon vivant
Jul 1st, 2007, 12:54 AM
LA 2006.

It wasn't anything big really.You damn sure spazzed out like it was.

kantele
Jul 1st, 2007, 12:55 AM
I would like to see that incident (and probably i'll have a big laugh on that). Is it on youtube or somewhere?

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:00 AM
If it happins again i say sign them both to a match in a WWE Cage Match :p

iPatty
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:04 AM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=255453&highlight=daniela+serena+controversy

derek, you did kinda spaz out. :o

le bon vivant
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:10 AM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=255453&highlight=daniela+serena+controversy

derek, you did kinda spaz out. :o

I swear they acted like Daniela was some kind of fragile, porcelain princess and Serena was the mean little girl who pulled her off the shelf and broke her. :awww:

supergrunt
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:22 AM
Yeah what happened was Daniela was like "She never moves for anyone and so I didn't move"... and then Serena called her a bitch under her breath and Daniela accused Serena of taking an unecessary time out. Daniela was just jealous and completely out of line. :shrug:

Derek.
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:23 AM
I was mad because people were accusing Daniela of being a liar and making up crap.

The incident itself was not a big deal.

Derek.
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:23 AM
Yeah what happened was Daniela was like "She never moves for anyone and so I didn't move"... and then Serena called her a bitch under her breath and Daniela accused Serena of taking an unecessary time out. Daniela was just jealous and completely out of line. :shrug:

Bitch please. :o

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:26 AM
Bitch please. :o

:lol:

supergrunt
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:29 AM
Daniela bumped into Serena.Why did she expect Serena to do? Bow down?

Derek.
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:29 AM
Daniela bumped into Serena.Why did she expect Serena to do? Bow down?

Why would Daniela bump into Serena?

She doesn't have a history for starting controversy. :rolleyes:

supergrunt
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:34 AM
Why would Daniela bump into Serena?

She doesn't have a history for starting controversy. :rolleyes:

Daniela said that Serena wants everyone to move for her.Therefore, she wanted to prove something and she bumped into Serena.I guess,like you said, it is not that big of a deal.

Derek.
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:36 AM
Daniela said that Serena wants everyone to move for her.Therefore, she wanted to prove something and she bumped into Serena.I guess,like you said, it is not that big of a deal.

Don't you have some trollish threads to start?

supergrunt
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:38 AM
Don't you have some trollish threads to start?

I find it funny how when you have nothing to say to protain to the topic because you have been told you stray away.Interesting.

Derek.
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:46 AM
I find it funny how when you have nothing to say to protain to the topic because you have been told you stray away.Interesting.

It was referring to you trying to start crap which you said in this thread by saying Daniela is a liar, jealous, and out of the line so it does pertain to this topic, :weirdo:.

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:47 AM
You tell him, supergrunt.

le bon vivant
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:48 AM
I find it funny how when you have nothing to say to protain to the topic because you have been told you stray away.Interesting.:help::spit::tape:

supergrunt
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:51 AM
All of you can kiss my @ss :armed:

supergrunt
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:53 AM
Sorry pertain. :ras:

DaniMasha3
Jul 1st, 2007, 12:57 PM
When Derek said it want a big deal i think he was saying that it isnt anymore and it was in the past and then everyone kinda attaked him. I think it was sorta uncalled for.

SJW
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:06 PM
You damn sure spazzed out like it was.

LMAO. Indeed. :lol:

Knizzle
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:08 PM
A gust of wind prolly blew Dani into Serena. No big deal.

Craigy
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:27 PM

Does it have a sticker of Serena? on it? :)

Marshmallow
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:32 PM
A gust of wind prolly blew Dani into Serena. No big deal.

:spit: The truth.

What i find more hilarious was the words used by journalist. No serena SLAMMING into you. If Serena slammed into Daniela, there'd probably be broken bones, daniela in tears fearing she'll never walk again and a lawsuit.

However, i hope this adds fireworks to the fourth round match. I hope Serena reads this.

DimaDinosaur
Jul 1st, 2007, 01:38 PM

Bias much? :lol:

Jean-Pierre.
Jul 1st, 2007, 02:39 PM
Derek. and supergrunt, the two biggest trolls duking it out. :spit:

Bijoux0021
Jul 1st, 2007, 02:57 PM
I swear they acted like Daniela was some kind of fragile, porcelain princess and Serena was the mean little girl who pulled her off the shelf and broke her. :awww:
Hasn't it always been this way when it comes to Williams sisters? The other players can be bigger, taller and stronger than them, yet it's always the sisters who are portrayed in the media and on tennis boards as those big scary monsters who are out to scare those fragile little white girls.

Derek.
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:03 PM

If I'm a troll then what are you? :spit:

Derek.
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:04 PM
When Derek said it want a big deal i think he was saying that it isnt anymore and it was in the past and then everyone kinda attaked him. I think it was sorta uncalled for.

Thank you. :hug:

Bijoux0021
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:10 PM

What i find more hilarious was the words used by journalist. No serena SLAMMING into you. If Serena slammed into Daniela, there'd probably be broken bones, daniela in tears fearing she'll never walk again and a lawsuit.

However, i hope this adds fireworks to the fourth round match. I hope Serena reads this.
That's very typical of the journalists. They've always tried to exaggerate any minor incident involving a Williams sister to make her look bad, because they know the negativity is what sells the most copies and gets 10 times the attention. You won't see positive articles on the sisters get to two pages on this board, but you always see the negative ones get 15-20 something pages.

Jameka, Forever!
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:57 PM
I blame Dani for this bumping incident between her and Serena. I blame Dani for the past bumping incidents between her and Gael Monfils. She's a disgrace to all that is holy and pure.

supergrunt
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:58 PM
She bumped into Gael Monfils??? :eek:

sharapovarulz1
Jul 1st, 2007, 04:02 PM
I cant find a video of it anywere!

sharapovarulz1
Jul 1st, 2007, 04:19 PM
Could be Daniela has a crush on Serena?

Shut up you moron! :rolleyes:

Maryamator
Jul 1st, 2007, 04:59 PM
Shut up you moron! :rolleyes:

:haha: calm down:hug:

beecharmer
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:13 PM

Honey, fat CUSHIONS the blow

Kunal
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:19 PM
nothin big

rockstar
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:20 PM
here we go again...

Marshmallow
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:21 PM

:spit: :rolls:

Derek.
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:25 PM
I blame Dani for this bumping incident between her and Serena. I blame Dani for the past bumping incidents between her and Gael Monfils. She's a disgrace to all that is holy and pure.

:spit:

Marshmallow
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:29 PM
That's very typical of the journalists. They've always tried to exaggerate any minor incident involving a Williams sister to make her look bad, because they know the negativity is what sells the most copies and gets 10 times the attention. You won't see positive articles on the sisters get to two pages on this board, but you always see the negative ones get 15-20 something pages.

True. This may seem like a naive question, but i still don't quite understand why Serena especially gets such a rough time with media as opposed to some other girls. Simon Reed interviewed Serena williams after the molik match and had the nerve to ask "Angry serena came out today, what that REALLY necessary" (with a disapproving tone). Next day, some other female that shall remain nameless, was SCREAMING like a caged beast, while winning her match EASILY (6-0, 2-0) and her opponent making countless errors, and there was no mention of it AT all, during her interview.

Though i have to say, the man interviewing serena sounded very intimidated. Nervous. I suspect he was sweating uncontrollably too, because he stuttered a few times. Even though Serena was laughing and smiling.

I was just baffled.

winone23
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:15 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

winone23
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:20 PM

Funny you give off vibes being a troll too, great way to throw yourself in the party.

Bijoux0021
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:10 PM
True. This may seem like a naive question, but i still don't quite understand why Serena especially gets such a rough time with media as opposed to some other girls. Simon Reed interviewed Serena williams after the molik match and had the nerve to ask "Angry serena came out today, what that REALLY necessary" (with a disapproving tone). Next day, some other female that shall remain nameless, was SCREAMING like a caged beast, while winning her match EASILY (6-0, 2-0) and her opponent making countless errors, and there was no mention of it AT all, during her interview.

Though i have to say, the man interviewing serena sounded very intimidated. Nervous. I suspect he was sweating uncontrollably too, because he stuttered a few times. Even though Serena was laughing and smiling.

I was just baffled.
It's just a false perception that many white people have of blacks in general, especially in America. And that is blacks are to be feared, intimidating, ect...I mean given the history of slavery, apartheid and all kinds of other injustices black people have suffered in the hands of whites for hundreds and thousands of years, you would think it's blacks who are justified to fear and intimidate by whites. After all, they've had the power to keep blacks from getting an education, housing, make a living and just simply exist. Period.

So when you have the media who are made up of 95% of those journalists with that type of perception, they consciously or unconsciously show these kinds of biases and double standards towards Venus and Serena. It's the same attitude that when blacks show confidence in their abilities to succeed, they are called arrogant and all kinds of other derogatory names, because some people who are already insecure feel threatened. When whites show the same confidence, they are called smart and confident. When Serena diplays her emotions on courts, people use animal characteristics to describe her. Yet some other player can display worse emotions than Serena, they don't see her as bullying her opponents. In fact, she's not even asked about her behavior, let alone being called an animal. To them, it's fighting spirit and determination. It's very sad, but that's the reality.

aod2k9
Jul 1st, 2007, 09:04 PM
Lets end this. Serena Williams > That Danielia girl...

Hantuchova is the biggest biotch you will ever find. She thinks she is all tough and she looks like a 12 year old girl. Maybe she would get more respect if she would stop eatting after her matches and then throwing it back up.

And PAHHLEEEASEEE...If Serena was purposely going to bump into her, she would cease to exist today. It would be like Germany taking over Czechoslovakia during the start of World War II...Swiped off the map.

Bruno71
Jul 1st, 2007, 09:11 PM
This makes me want to see Bartoli play Serena. What a bump that could be!

ASerenusFan
Jul 1st, 2007, 09:28 PM
It's just a false perception that many white people have of blacks in general, especially in America. And that is blacks are to be feared, intimidating, ect...I mean given the history of slavery, apartheid and all kinds of other injustices black people have suffered in the hands of whites for hundreds and thousands of years, you would think it's blacks who are justified to fear and intimidate by whites. After all, they've had the power to keep blacks from getting an education, housing, make a living and just simply exist. Period.

So when you have the media who are made up of 95% of those journalists with that type of perception, they consciously or unconsciously show these kinds of biases and double standards towards Venus and Serena. It's the same attitude that when blacks show confidence in their abilities to succeed, they are called arrogant and all kinds of other derogatory names, because some people who are already insecure feel threatened. When whites show the same confidence, they are called smart and confident. When Serena diplays her emotions on courts, people use animal characteristics to describe her. Yet some other player can display worse emotions than Serena, they don't see her as bullying her opponents. In fact, she's not even asked about her behavior, let alone being called an animal. To them, it's fighting spirit and determination. It's very sad, but that's the reality.

yes, I am white and now ashamed to be white, your post is so true, white people have victimised blacks for centuries, yet still like to portray blacks as intimidating thugs.

BUBI
Jul 1st, 2007, 09:41 PM

This man has a solution:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncd6iscjfbI :eek:

sharapovarulz1
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:39 PM
:haha: calm down:hug:

Lol im calm now :D

beecharmer
Jul 1st, 2007, 11:12 PM

Or it could be that Serena bumped Hantuchova. Who'd have thunk it.

Thanx4nothin
Jul 1st, 2007, 11:12 PM
Oh dear here we go again...love how a bumping incident transformed into a discussion of slavery and african american archetypes, any hooooooowww Serena didn't move, Daniela didn't either, why exactly was it (A) Serena's fault and (B) Such a big deal?

Jean-Pierre.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:28 AM
Lets end this. Serena Williams > That Danielia girl...

Hantuchova is the biggest biotch you will ever find. She thinks she is all tough and she looks like a 12 year old girl. Maybe she would get more respect if she would stop eatting after her matches and then throwing it back up.

And PAHHLEEEASEEE...If Serena was purposely going to bump into her, she would cease to exist today. It would be like Germany taking over Czechoslovakia during the start of World War II...Swiped off the map.

:haha:

morningglory
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:45 AM
Oh dear here we go again...love how a bumping incident transformed into a discussion of slavery and african american archetypes, any hooooooowww Serena didn't move, Daniela didn't either, why exactly was it (A) Serena's fault and (B) Such a big deal?

:lol: Such is the way of this board... :lol:

cellophane
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:06 AM

Will you ever just shut the fuck up an get off the "I can't come up with excuses, so I'll make it about race!" soapbox? :help:

LeonHart
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:42 AM

It's very sad you think this way. Anyways you can think the world is against you and make things worse for yourself

Natash.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:32 AM

:lol: :tape:

mandy7
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:40 AM

OH NO YOU DIDN'T! :o

So Disrespectful
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:43 AM
Please stop with the racial paranoia people. The fact is, Serena weighs twice as much as Daniela, hits the ball harder and is generally a more assertive person on and off of the court. That is why she is perceived as the person in the wrong in this case.

Daniela was trying to make a point, and there are no hard feelings between the two anymore.

bandabou
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:58 AM

I was just baffled.

Not gonna cry rascism or anything..but this is a good point. What was the point for the reporter to bring this whole bumping thing up?? Just stirring trouble.

bandabou
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:25 AM
Please stop with the racial paranoia people. The fact is, Serena weighs twice as much as Daniela, hits the ball harder and is generally a more assertive person on and off of the court. That is why she is perceived as the person in the wrong in this case.

Daniela was trying to make a point, and there are no hard feelings between the two anymore.

Why?? Daniela was the one who chose to bump or not to step aside..

mandy7
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:33 AM
Why?? Daniela was the one who chose to bump or not to step aside..
Why should she have to step aside?
It's not like Serena is the fucking venus williams :p.

bandabou
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:55 AM
Why should she have to step aside?
It's not like Serena is the fucking venus williams :p.

:lol: Je snapt het..

Donatello
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:32 AM
:lol: Je snapt het..

I don't get it but then again I haven't been reading this thread.

mandy7
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:33 AM
williams fans , the most dumbest and retarted people that ever lived.
i can't wait when those two fat bitches are out of the tournament.
Then everthing is legal again :wavey:

Dude.
Venus is not fat, so you're the one looking dumb now

on behalf of me and a lot of other Daniela fans, we distance ourselfs from this post

mandy7
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:40 AM
thank gawd. that has to be one of the dumber posts out there. And people wonder why WS fans get defensive. cuz posters and some writers say shite like that.

Haha, well, the williams fans have a couple of loonies as well
as do the sharapova fans
and don't forget the serbs :lol:

and there's nothing wrong with a bit of an arguement
but calling venus fat is just silly
i just hope it's not a reason for some venus 'fans' to bash Daniela's size now

peace man :smoke:

Donatello
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:43 AM
there has to be a tennis player whose name happens to be Venus Williams and who's also really fat on a tennis tour somewhere you know, so maybe he/she/it is right

Thanx4nothin
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:46 AM
See my other comment.

homogenius
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:07 AM

You mean like these white guys who are so intimidated by Venus's success that they refuse to date her ?