PDA

View Full Version : In Praise of...Sugiyama

Halardfan
Jun 30th, 2007, 09:03 PM
This last few years, after the retirement of JHD, my interest in tennis has waned sooooo much. But credit to the lovely Ai Sugiyama, I re-discovered some of that old fire cheering her on against Sharapova today.

I think a look at Sugiyama's career, a world class singles player, all-time great doubles player, model pro, best doubles partner my fave ever had....all this and hontoni kawaii desu yo!
Ai Sugiyama, top lass.:)

Nicolas
Jun 30th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Jhd??????

ViennaCalling
Jun 30th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Jhd??????

Julie Halard-Decugis .... you're 9 years old, aren't you? :lol: ;) :p

AmeDevotee
Jun 30th, 2007, 09:53 PM
This last few years, after the retirement of JHD, my interest in tennis has waned sooooo much. But credit to the lovely Ai Sugiyama, I re-discovered some of that old fire cheering her on against Sharapova today.

I think a look at Sugiyama's career, a world class singles player, all-time great doubles player, model pro, best doubles partner my fave ever had....all this and hontoni kawaii desu yo!
Ai Sugiyama, top lass.:)

Ai: :awww: I've always liked her. :hug:

AJZ.
Jun 30th, 2007, 10:11 PM
:hug: Halardfan
That's so nice :)

IanRadi
Jun 30th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Sugi :hug:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 30th, 2007, 11:00 PM
I have always loved SUGI :kiss: I saw her live in person against Monica Seles back at the US OPEN :hearts: I also remember her great matches against Amy Frazier :worship: Win or lose , she is always a class act... just like Amy .:kiss:

urklerlay
Jun 30th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Ai is great. One of the few players who looks like she actually enjoys playing tennis for a living.

Buitenzorg
Jul 1st, 2007, 12:20 AM
Ai still playing solid tennis :kiss: I watched her match againts Maria ;)

Reuchlin
Jul 1st, 2007, 12:54 AM
Ai and JHD made a great doubles team! LOVED THEM.

1star
Jul 1st, 2007, 02:52 AM
I have always loved SUGI :kiss: I saw her live in person against Monica Seles back at the US OPEN :hearts: I also remember her great matches against Amy Frazier :worship: Win or lose , she is always a class act... just like Amy .:kiss: So ture. i watched her match against Peng in China Open, no complain,no excuse regardless of the biased crowd cheering for Peng :yeah:

hingis-seles
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:22 AM
I was so impressed with Ai's play against Maria. She played a fantastic match. I love how she always looks so happy on court. It truly is fun for her. She's a great champion.

PamShriverRockz
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:39 AM
Yeah Ai is great :yeah:

Halardfan
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:27 AM
I think the Sharapova match score doesnt reflect how well Sugiyama played, she was rather unlucky, and I thought the whole rain thing at the end was unfortunate.

She is a bundle of energy, fascinating to watch, and the singles is poorer without her.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:32 AM
I love Sugi!

schorsch
Jul 1st, 2007, 09:22 AM
sugi sugi sugi is so much fun. it would be so boring without her. she's just everywhere and she's faster then the wind and she's so kawaii.

Nervenbuendel
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:16 AM
One has to admire Ai's fitness and her gentlewoman's attitude; not to mention her pefect sense of fashion (her white dress at Wimbledon was as tasteful as ever). Go Ai! :hearts:

~Eclipsed~
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:47 AM
It's a shame she couldn't play the whole match like she did at the beginning of each set. The score definitely would have been closer. Might even have taken a set.

She is a lot of fun to watch. It's too bad she couldnt' pull off the upset.

Ballbasher
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:35 AM
Ai is a great player her match against Maria was great of course I wanted Maria to win but I wanted that Ai played well too :D

RayRob
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:24 AM
Sugiyama is awesome...I was at Wimbledon on Court 1 that Saturday and I was cheering for Sugi. She keeps ploughing on and is certainly a great example to all!

Hashim.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:53 AM
Sugi is really nice :kiss:

AJZ.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:10 PM
Sugiyama is awesome...I was at Wimbledon on Court 1 that Saturday and I was cheering for Sugi. She keeps ploughing on and is certainly a great example to all!

:hug:
I would've loved being there :)