PDA

View Full Version : Jelena Pandzic Cheering Thread!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

davidmario
Dec 18th, 2010, 03:56 PM
she has been practicing in germany the last week and is now back in usa

networthy
Dec 18th, 2010, 06:30 PM
^ Good to know. Thanks for the information, davidmario :wavey:

croat123
Dec 18th, 2010, 07:08 PM
can't wait to see her in plantation :)

ma re
Dec 19th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Yeah, thanks for the info! Now we can say that it's certain her plans don't include Melbourne. Oh well, hopefully she'll do really well on these American ITF's and make sure she reaches RG qualies.

networthy
Jan 10th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Jelena's back in action this week! She's playing in the $25K in Plantation, FL. In R1 she goes against the #7 seed, Cadantu (#248). Good luck, Jelena!

Whoever wins is guaranteed to play a qualifier in R2.

networthy
Jan 10th, 2011, 08:48 PM
^ I just noticed that Cadantu has been on a bit of tear since late last year. She's 27-4 since October and 17-2 since November :worried:

Good luck, Jelena!

ma re
Jan 11th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Yes, that will be tough as it seems, but playing a qualifier next looks like good enough of a motivation. Would be really nice if she'd open the season with a win like this - over a solid, in-form opponent.

Ajmo Jele:bounce:

networthy
Jan 12th, 2011, 03:43 AM
Jelena's back in action this week! She's playing in the $25K in Plantation, FL. In R1 she goes against the #7 seed, Cadantu (#248). Good luck, Jelena!

Whoever wins is guaranteed to play a qualifier in R2.

Jelena lost in straights: 64 64 :sad:

croat123
Jan 12th, 2011, 04:24 AM
ugh...i was gonna to watch the next round :sad:

ma re
Jan 17th, 2011, 07:53 PM
25k Lutz (clay) R1: J. Pandzic - A. King; she beat her once already (finals of Sumter 10k last year, hard, 3 sets) so there shouldn't be many problems at the start of this tourney. Good luck Jelena!

ajmo!
Jan 17th, 2011, 08:45 PM
GL Jele, and Cadantu also made it to finals in Plantation.

networthy
Jan 20th, 2011, 01:01 AM
25k Lutz (clay) R1: J. Pandzic - A. King; she beat her once already (finals of Sumter 10k last year, hard, 3 sets) so there shouldn't be many problems at the start of this tourney. Good luck Jelena!

First win of the year for Jelena, and in a convincing fashion:
Jelena PANDZIC (CRO) defeated Alexis KING (USA) 6-0 6-2 :yeah:

In R2 she plays the Spreminator Terminator, Beatrice Capra. Good luck, Jelena!

ma re
Jan 20th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Nice start:) Hope she can keep it up, there's a lot of room to collect nice points until May.

ajmo!
Jan 20th, 2011, 10:25 AM
:bounce:

manager19
Jan 20th, 2011, 08:54 PM
yes, she can keep it up :)

Pandzic - Capra 6:3 6:3 very good win for Jele :)

here to help out ma re, networthy, lucic fan ... you people are doing a great job here :)

networthy
Jan 20th, 2011, 10:48 PM
yes, she can keep it up :)

Pandzic - Capra 6:3 6:3 very good win for Jele :)

here to help out ma re, networthy, lucic fan ... you people are doing a great job here :)

Thanks for the encouraging words, manager19, and more importantly for the news about Jelena's excellent win today!

networthy
Jan 20th, 2011, 10:54 PM
^ They're only done with R2 and already all the seeds in Jelena's half are out: Larcher de Brito (1), Capra (3), Klaffner (5) and Mayr (6). This is an excellent chance for an unseeded player to make the final.

In the QF Jelena plays Camila Giorgi (#324; CH 197). Camila beat Jelena pretty easily (63 62) last Oct. in Rock Hill. Get the revenge, Jelena!

ajmo!
Jan 20th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Two really good wins against talented players :eek: :banana:
GL in QF!
Welcome manager19 :worship:

ma re
Jan 21st, 2011, 08:07 AM
Great job Jele:D

ma re
Jan 21st, 2011, 08:02 PM
Oh shit, lost 1 & 3 to Giorgi. It was the second time that she's lost in straights to this girl (last year in Rock Hill 25k semis it was 3 & 2). Too bad really, but the season has only just begun so I expect Jele to get much better in the months to come.

tennismaster8820
Jan 21st, 2011, 09:32 PM
Nice, I'm so glad she beat Capra! :yeah:
Good luck further! :yeah:

networthy
Jan 31st, 2011, 03:11 AM
Jelena took another small step up in the rankings this week, up from #279 to #265.

ma re
Feb 11th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Quali draw of Memphis WTA is out and Jelena is in it:bounce:

Here's her section of the draw:
(3)PEERS, Sally AUS v STEVENSON, Alexandra USA
PANDZIC, Jelena CRO v (5)FORETZ GACON, Stephanie FRA

Since there's just 16 players in there, I guess they'll have to win just two rounds to qualify instead of the usual three, right?

Foretz is currently exactly 100 spots away from her best ever ranking of 62, but she's still the favorite of course. I'm surprised to see they've never played eachother, eventhough both are in their late 20's. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this one goes. I hope Jelena is well prepared and will be ready for a fight.

Ajmo Jele!!!

networthy
Feb 12th, 2011, 02:27 AM
Here's her section of the draw:
(3)PEERS, Sally AUS v STEVENSON, Alexandra USA
PANDZIC, Jelena CRO v (5)FORETZ GACON, Stephanie FRA

Lost 1 and 4 :sad:

ma re
Feb 12th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Ouch:help:

ma re
Apr 2nd, 2011, 10:21 AM
Anyone knows what's up with Jelena? She hasn't played in well over a month now. Only played 3 tournaments this year (winning just 2 out of 7 matches played), all in the States (along with FED Cup, of course), but after that she disappeared and is nowhere to be found on any entry lists, in the States or elsewhere:confused: Hope it's not an injury again...:sad:

ajmo!
Apr 5th, 2011, 07:14 PM
She's on a Dothan 50k list.

ma re
Apr 5th, 2011, 07:44 PM

Andreas
Apr 14th, 2011, 09:56 PM

Late withdrawal :sad: I don't know if she is injured, but I really wish she would play more and finally fulfil her potential.

foppl
May 5th, 2011, 08:27 PM
I have heard that Jelena's days as a touring pro are over. It saddens me, but I cannot for the life of me imagine that being on tour (unless one is a top player)is much fun.

ajmo!
May 6th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Again? :sad:

ma re
May 6th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Can't say I'm surprised, but definately a sad news if it turns out to be true.

davidmario
May 6th, 2011, 09:55 PM
She will play for my club this summer (RTHC Bayer Leverkusen)...
I'll ask her if i see her around.

ma re
May 7th, 2011, 07:49 AM
She will play for my club this summer (RTHC Bayer Leverkusen)...
I'll ask her if i see her around.

That would be nice.

Maybe she'll change her mind if you mention that she's got some loyal supporters here on the forum...:lol:

ajmo!
Jul 15th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Well, maybe she's ready for ANOTHER comeback.

She's on 100k Vancouver list, starting in the first week of August.

She still has good rank but probably will have to play good to defend points.

Hope she actually comes back and has no injuries ever again.

croat123
Jul 15th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Comeback :hearts:

ma re
Jul 15th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Well isn't that a nice news:)

networthy
Jul 15th, 2011, 07:32 PM

Exciting news! I hope she does well but I'm doubtful. The game moves and changes so fast these days that it's easy for a player to get left behind.

Maybe she'll change her mind if you mention that she's got some loyal supporters here on the forum...:lol:

It looks like your idea worked, ma re :lol:

ma re
Jul 15th, 2011, 07:46 PM
It looks like your idea worked, ma re :lol:

Yeah, that must've been the reason:lol:

Kevin.
Jul 23rd, 2011, 04:38 AM
she is in Stanford Q taking on 8th seeded #198 Sharon Fichman!

networthy
Jul 23rd, 2011, 05:26 AM
she is in Stanford Q taking on 8th seeded #198 Sharon Fichman!

:eek: I didn't expect Jelena to come back at the WTA level right away. I was expecting a $50K or $75K.

Anyway, best of luck to her!

ajmo!
Jul 23rd, 2011, 10:48 AM
Welcome back!!!

Fichman is really in good form, I think she won 50k few weeks ago.

And also I hope this comeback isn't just for this one tournament since she lives somewhere in California.

ajmo!
Jul 30th, 2011, 10:05 AM
After losing 62 62 to Fichman it's time for the first win of this comeback.
In San Diego QR1 she plays WC Amelia Herring.

networthy
Jul 30th, 2011, 10:50 PM
In San Diego QR1 she plays WC Amelia Herring.

Jelena won 63 61 :yeah:

Next match, against Craybas, will be much tougher :scared:

ma re
Jul 31st, 2011, 07:12 AM
Great start! Really nice to see her back:)

Hele.
Jul 31st, 2011, 10:33 AM

networthy
Jul 31st, 2011, 09:35 PM
Jelena up a break against Craybas, 53...

networthy
Jul 31st, 2011, 10:06 PM
^ Never mind. Jelena lost the first set 76 (2) :rolleyes:

networthy
Jul 31st, 2011, 11:01 PM

She withdrew last week :(

ajmo!
Aug 1st, 2011, 08:57 AM
She withdrew last week :(

Yes, but to plays Carlsbad.

networthy
Aug 1st, 2011, 06:49 PM
Yes, but to plays Carlsbad.

Ah, of course--I didn't think of that! :facepalm:

davidmario
Aug 2nd, 2011, 12:33 PM
What's her next tournie? Good performance against Craybas I guess...

ajmo!
Aug 2nd, 2011, 03:24 PM
Craybas won R1 match 61 61 actually.

davidmario
Aug 3rd, 2011, 03:58 PM
yeah she is very solid. nothing special tho but Jelena should play some challengers first to get back her rhythm and then start the WTA-qualies..

ajmo!
Aug 3rd, 2011, 06:02 PM
well, she probably did this because she has no many to travel to asia where are next wta events.. on the other hand, challengers are played in stated during the hole year. still, just gueesing

davidmario
May 11th, 2012, 09:53 PM
practiced with her today!! she will play the club matches in the second league of germany for my club rthc bayer leverkusen :)

networthy
May 11th, 2012, 10:58 PM
practiced with her today!!

^ That's awesome! :yeah:

she will play the club matches in the second league of germany for my club rthc bayer leverkusen :)

Does she have any intention of playing professional tournaments again?

davidmario
May 12th, 2012, 02:30 AM
^ That's awesome! :yeah:

Does she have any intention of playing professional tournaments again?

will ask her when we play again. but I doubt it... I heard she has a coaching job in america now and lives there for good.

davidmario
Jun 7th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Had a conversation with her today. Very nice woman. We call her "Jelle" here :)
She is playing a national tournament right now here in Leverkusen. She is seeded 1 and won today easily so she is in the Quarters already. http://www.tvpro-online.de/tvpro/index.php?action=public&todo=tableau&mandantid=1097&vaid=36&tnid=1&tabid=0&startpos=0&endpos=1000&filterva=#tndata
We will have a 10k in Leverkusen starting on the 18th of June and we are working on getting her a QWC.
She said she had a calf injury that never really went away when she tried her protected ranking comeback. She also mentioned that she had only used that protected ranking for 6 of the 8 possible tournaments and only got to know after that she could've asked for another protected ranking that would've frozen her around 200.
She said that she is trying to make it into Qualies of tournaments in the Netherlands or in Germany. She will stay the whole summer here in Germany. She needs one more point to get a ranking and that would make everything easier for her.
She said she will not get any wildcards in Croatia (because she's Serbian originally? but thats me assuming it)...
So let's all hope she gets that point here in Leverkusen when we will have that 10k :) I am actually working in the tournament desk so I will give some reports. :wavey:

I also have to mention that she is in super shape! Very well trained body and she is winning every singles match here in the 2nd Bundesliga :)

ma re
Jun 7th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the report davidmario, always nice to hear news about Jelena. Sad to hear, though, that (assuming it's true) most of our challenger tournament directors are nationalistic retards, which honestly wouldn't even surprise me. After all, she is playing under our flag so shouldn't really matter where her ancestors came from.

But onto tennis, great to hear that she is interested in making another comeback (I've honestly lost count of her comebacks by now...:lol:) after all the trouble that she's had. She's definately still capable of nice things in this sport, if health is to serve her.

Now she is another one of our reasons to look forward brightly to the rest of 2012!

networthy
Jun 7th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the report, davidmario.

I would loooooove a Pandzic comeback! :hearts:

networthy
Jun 7th, 2012, 10:23 PM
I just checked, and Jelena has 9 points from two tournaments. The tournaments were July 25 and August 1 2011 so if she can pick up at least one point before then, she'll re-enter the rankings (though not even in the top 1000).

Good luck, Jelena--regardless of what she decides to do!

davidmario
Jun 8th, 2012, 02:13 AM
I just checked, and Jelena has 9 points from two tournaments. The tournaments were July 25 and August 1 2011 so if she can pick up at least one point before then, she'll re-enter the rankings (though not even in the top 1000).

Good luck, Jelena--regardless of what she decides to do!

she might make the 1000 with 10 points, dontcha think? anyway, I'm pretty sure she can qualify at that 10k and even win it :) Her backhand is awesome!

networthy
Jun 8th, 2012, 03:13 AM
she might make the 1000 with 10 points, dontcha think?

No. This week, for example, players with 10 points are ranked 1040-1068. To be in the top 1000, she would need at least 12 points.

anyway, I'm pretty sure she can qualify at that 10k and even win it :) Her backhand is awesome!

I see she's #23 in the list of alternates, so she might not make it without a QWC. If she gets one, then she might go far, as the entry list is pretty weak. The highest-ranked player on the Q list is #769 and on the MD list is #392.

Her backhand is awesome!

Great to hear it!

davidmario
Jun 8th, 2012, 08:39 PM
she will probably have to play a QWC shoot out tournament since all QWC have been handed out already :(

but that would be only 1-2 matches against weak local scrubs.

networthy
Jun 8th, 2012, 09:12 PM
she will probably have to play a QWC shoot out tournament since all QWC have been handed out already :(

but that would be only 1-2 matches against weak local scrubs.

That's great news. A lot of tournaments don't have QWC shoot-outs, so this gives Jelena an excellent opportunity because, like you said, she'll be playing local scrubs :)

networthy
Jun 13th, 2012, 08:34 AM

davidmario, will you have information about the Leverkusen pre-Q event? When does it start?

Also, I see Jelena is #6 on the list of alternates. Perhaps she'll make it into the Q draw automatically?

networthy
Jun 14th, 2012, 08:23 PM
I see she's #23 in the list of alternates, so she might not make it without a QWC. If she gets one, then she might go far, as the entry list is pretty weak. The highest-ranked player on the Q list is #769 and on the MD list is #392.

Also, I see Jelena is #6 on the list of alternates. Perhaps she'll make it into the Q draw automatically?

Jelena has made it onto the Q acceptance list for next week's $10K Koeln. She should have an excellent chance to qualify: the highest-ranked player on the Q list is now #1079--and by the time the Q draw comes out there probably won't be any ranked players on it.

networthy
Jun 17th, 2012, 05:38 AM
So great to see Jelena's name in a tournament draw again! :bounce:

http://beta.itftennis.com/procircuit/tournaments/women's-tournament/info.aspx?tournamentid=1100026657

She should be able to qualify, since there are no ranked players in her section. Good luck, Jelena!

But she's already 29 years old :sobbing:

networthy
Jun 17th, 2012, 08:53 PM
$10K Koeln, QR1

Jelena PANDZIC (CRO) def. Lizanne JINKERTZ (GER) 6-0 6-0 :bounce:

Welcome back, Jelena!!!

ajmo!
Jun 18th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Jele :yeah:

fcBarcelona
Jun 18th, 2012, 10:16 PM
QR2
Jelena Pandzic (CRO) d. Lidia Usinger (GER) 61 61

QR3
Jelena Pandzic (CRO) d. Carolin Drescher (GER) 60 61

networthy
Jun 18th, 2012, 10:44 PM
^ Great! She lost just three games in three matches :yeah:

In R1 Jelena plays Arginbayeva, a 19-yo with a #1141 CH ranking. Whoever wins will likely have to play the top seed, Zeballos (#393) :scared:

Jelena should be able to win her first match. That would allow her to re-enter the rankings, which would be a nice little accomplishment.

Good luck this week, Jelena!

davidmario
Jun 18th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Her qualie opponents were too young and not mature enough. Some had solid techniques but Jelle was just raping them. She even smashed her racquet on the ground after she hit 2 DFs to lose her first game of the match at 6-0 3-0 :lol:
She will play Wednesday and I'm pretty sure she will have no troubles.
Then, she should play against her team mate (RTHC Bayer Leverkusen) Zeballos. They both practiced a lot together so I'm assuming Jelle has her game plan already in her mind :)
She is so friendly and gets a lot of support here in Leverkusen since she came to this club at a very young age and we offered her father a job as the court maker or however you call it ;) Unfortunately she had this car accident in 2003 that didnt allow her to play for 5 years or so but she is still fit.
On Sunday, before her first round qualie match she also played in the Bundesliga and lost to Lisjak 3 and 3. People told me Lisjak was playing too fast for Jelena and she had no chance. But maybe Jelena was tanking for the 10k since she is eager to get those ranking points ;)

networthy
Jun 19th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Btw, Jelena is on the acceptance list for next week's $10K Breda (NED). But she's the #73 alternate :help:

Maybe an SE? :devil:

davidmario
Jun 19th, 2012, 09:37 PM
11am tomorrow :)

networthy
Jun 20th, 2012, 09:46 PM
(Q)Jelena Pandzic (CRO) d. Aselya Arginbayeva (KAZ) 60 60

Thunderous comeback to a MD! With this, Jelena will re-enter the rankings :yeah:

In R2 she plays the top seed, Zeballos, who had to struggle (76 63) to beat a Q.

Good luck, Jelena!

davidmario
Jun 20th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Zeballos is her friend - both play for the club where the tournament is being held and she is a member now for already 15 years. Her father slobodan works here as a court keeper and is very proud. I had a very nice conversation with him. He said she will be here for another 2-3 months and will play tournaments in the netherlands and somewhere around Germany.
Zeballos was lacking power today as the courts were slow and wet. We will see.
Btw, Jelena was extremely happy after her win and she looked relieved and joked that its like the 7th time she re-entered the WTA rankings :lol:
Second match on center court tomorrow and spobox.tv will stream the match, but I fear that its only watchable from a german IP adress...

ma re
Jun 21st, 2012, 07:45 AM
This next match will say a lot, but a win (even quite an easy one) by Jelena wouldn't surprise me, as she is ATM more fresh - not just in terms of stamina, but mentally as well - than many of the Tour regulars. I have a feeling Jelena 3.0 will go far;) Not sure who originally came up with this, but for those of you who don't know...
- there was "Jelena" (the original)
- then there was "Jelena 2.0" (came after years recovering from the car crash)

So unless I missed one of her reincarnations, this must be Jelena 3.0:D

Oh, and, great that we have an "insider" as well!

networthy
Jun 21st, 2012, 08:52 AM
I have a feeling Jelena 3.0 will go far;) Not sure who originally came up with this, but for those of you who don't know...

I did :p

Funny--I thought the same thing. Jelena 2.0 would have only lost one or two games (Jelena 1.0 was 1999-2003; Jelena 2.0 was 2007-2009).

networthy
Jun 21st, 2012, 09:01 AM

So unless I missed one of her reincarnations, this must be Jelena 3.0:D

You did ;)

Jelena 1.0: April 1999-March 2003
Jelena 2.0: May 2007-January 2009 (came back after 4 years, 2 months)
Jelena 3.0: May 2010-February 2011 (came back after 1 year, 4 months)
Jelena 3.1: July 2011-August 2011 (mini-comeback, after 5 months; it's version .1 because she didn't drop out of the rankings)
Jelena 4.0: June 2012-??? (came back after 10 months)

So this is the fourth time Jelena will have entered or re-entered the rankings:

+ May 1999
+ July 2007
+ June 2010
+ July 2012

fcBarcelona
Jun 21st, 2012, 02:09 PM
jelena leads 61 41

fcBarcelona
Jun 21st, 2012, 02:38 PM
jelena won 61 63

croat123
Jun 21st, 2012, 04:17 PM
jele :D

ma re
Jun 21st, 2012, 04:21 PM
As expected, she is fresh and eager to show her best:)

Good luck in the next round!

ajmo!
Jun 21st, 2012, 05:32 PM
:banana:

networthy
Jun 21st, 2012, 06:29 PM
jelena won 61 63

Impressive :eek: :eek:

Too bad she next has to play the other Croat in the draw (Primorac) but at least one of them will be in the SF. Hopefully it'll be Jelena so that she can get an SE into $10K Breda next week.

With today's result, Jelena will re-enter the rankings around 950. Keep going!

auntie janie
Jun 21st, 2012, 07:06 PM
:eek: Totally missed this latest incarnation! Nice to have her back. Jelena 2.0 was one of my favorite players to follow, so steady in her rise up the rankings. :worship:

networthy
Jun 22nd, 2012, 10:43 PM
$10K Koeln QF: (Q) Jelena Pandzic (CRO) d. (Q) Iva Primorac (CRO) 60 63

In the SF she plays Fabikova. Good luck!

fcBarcelona
Jun 23rd, 2012, 12:28 PM
Jelena in final!

Pandzic J. (Cro) d. Fabikova K. (Cze) 61 61

MKhromachev
Jun 24th, 2012, 11:49 AM
http://www.spobox.tv/tennis/sommercup-2012/live-sommercup-2012

Stream for the final, so nice to see Jelena playing again :)

MKhromachev
Jun 24th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Pandzic - Kimmelmann 2:6 6:1 4*:5 match suspended ... Jelena saved 6 match points in last game

croat123
Jun 24th, 2012, 02:26 PM
:eek:

Let us know when play starts again

croat123
Jun 24th, 2012, 02:46 PM
hopefully the rain stops soon! come on jele!

Krijes Sedam
Jun 25th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Julia KIMMELMANN (GER) def. Jelena PANDZIC (CRO): 6-2 1-6 7-5

tennismaster8820
Jun 25th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Very bad match, Jelena could have easily won it...

Hele.
Jun 25th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Well, great come back no matter this loss in the final. Congrats Jele! :D

davidmario
Jul 5th, 2012, 02:33 PM
she qualified in a 25k without problems but then she lost first round 3-6 5-7 to Melnikova who is playing well at the moment.
she is on the alternate list at 49 for zvegemem next week.

networthy
Jul 10th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Jelena re-entered the rankings this week at 865, with just three tournaments :yeah:

But in order not to drop out of the rankings again, she must pick up at least 1 more point by the week of July 23 (or July 30, if it's not a $10K/$25K).

davidmario
Jul 17th, 2012, 01:25 AM
She is visiting her aunt in Croatia right now. But I dont see her on any entry lists :sad:

ma re
Jul 17th, 2012, 08:15 AM
In other words, she's taken a vacation along the coast (my guess):lol: Oh well, let's hope some fresh mediterranean air will do her good;)

networthy
Aug 16th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Jelena is into the QF at $10K Brcko :yeah:

In R1 she humbled the #3 seed, Prislan (#489), 2 and 2.

In R2 she destroyed Zafirova (#748), 0 and 1.

Jelena next plays 17-yo Koprcina, so a Croat will advance to the SF from that quarter.

ma re
Aug 17th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Jele is back, and it seems she's hungry for some bagels and breadsticks:devil:

ajmo!
Aug 17th, 2012, 09:30 AM
:yeah:

networthy
Aug 17th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Today in the QF Jelena beat Koprcina 62 61. In the SF she plays the top seed, Bremond (226, CH 93).

Also, she's in the doubles final with fellow Croat Karla Popovic.

Good luck, Jelena!

Hele.
Aug 17th, 2012, 10:30 PM
It will be interesting to see her against Bremond (who beat Mrdeza in 25k final not that far ago if I'm not wrong.)

vladekCRO
Aug 18th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Jelena won 6-3 6-3 :)

In final she will play against 17 year old Tamara CUROVIC from Serbia

ma re
Aug 18th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Jelena won 6-3 6-3 :)

In final she will play against 17 year old Tamara CUROVIC from Serbia

I know that Bremond is not where she once was, but this result still deserves a :worship:

Good luck in the final!

ajmo!
Aug 18th, 2012, 08:57 PM
GL Jele!
BTW that's Irina Bremond, not Severine if you think so ma re. Severine is know Beltrame, and Iryna married her brother I believe.
Something like that.

networthy
Aug 18th, 2012, 11:09 PM
BTW, Jelena won the doubles title with Popovic :yeah:

networthy
Aug 18th, 2012, 11:40 PM
With today's win, Jelena will re-enter the rankings around #860. If she wins the final, it'll be around #795.

By the way, this will be the fifth time that Jelena will have entered or re-entered the rankings:

+ May 1999
+ July 2007
+ June 2010
+ July 2012
+ August 2012

:rolleyes: I wonder what the record is? :lol:

But seriously, the record can't be much higher, can it?!?

ma re
Aug 19th, 2012, 07:08 AM
GL Jele!
BTW that's Irina Bremond, not Severine if you think so ma re. Severine is know Beltrame, and Iryna married her brother I believe.
Something like that.

You figured out correctly, this is not the first time I mistakened one for another:lol:

croat123
Aug 19th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Jele won :)

Hele.
Aug 19th, 2012, 03:44 PM
:cheer:

ajmo!
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:35 AM
75,000 Albuquerque, NM should be next. 56 in alts.

mic12
Sep 20th, 2012, 04:21 PM
she pulled out of Albuquerque, but she is now the 8th alternate in 50K las vegas. don't know if she can make it. it starts in a couple of days.
She is also on the list for the 25K in Troy,AL on the 10th of october. 23rd alternate, but I think she should make it there. It would be so great to see her play more.

ajmo!
Sep 21st, 2012, 01:43 PM
Party Rock Open :bounce:

mic12
Sep 25th, 2012, 04:08 AM
She didn't make it into qualies for Las Vegas, but she is already in the qualies for the 25K in Troy on the 8th!

mic12
Sep 27th, 2012, 05:25 PM
number 24 in qualies for 25K in Troy
number 38 alt for Rocky Hill 25K. but those clean up fast, so I think she should make it into the qualies. if she makes it to the final of Troy might be hard to make it into the qualy draw. but I am getting too far ahead.

ma re
Sep 27th, 2012, 06:30 PM
number 24 in qualies for 25K in Troy
number 38 alt for Rocky Hill 25K. but those clean up fast, so I think she should make it into the qualies. if she makes it to the final of Troy might be hard to make it into the qualy draw. but I am getting too far ahead.

If she reaches the semis, I think she gets an SE and lands into the MD right away on the next one (because they're of equal category). That is, unless some rules have changed recently.

mic12
Oct 4th, 2012, 09:00 PM
oh cool! i didn't know about that. She is pretty high on the list of alts in another 25K in the south the week after too. So 3 weeks in a row of Jelena. I hope she plays well!

mic12
Oct 7th, 2012, 12:48 AM
jelena's draw is out. she is seeded! Ha! first round an unranked opponent, last round possibly first seed in qualies. she should qualify.

xcrtbckhnd
Oct 7th, 2012, 01:07 AM
GL Jelena!!!!

mic12
Oct 7th, 2012, 10:12 PM
won first round of qualifying 61 61. Another player with no ranking (but beat her opponent 60 60) is up next.

mic12
Oct 8th, 2012, 11:33 PM
shouldn't have been this hard:
(10)Jelena Pandzic (CRO) d. Kristi Boxx (USA) 76(1) 26 62
but now into the final round of qualifying! Ajmo Jelena!

mic12
Oct 9th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Jelena qualified!

davidmario
Oct 10th, 2012, 12:28 AM
niceee
wished her good luck on fb before the QD had been made. guess it helped:)
now against WC whoriskey. talented american. reached the final of ratingen, but lost easily. Jelena shoud destroy whoriskey's one handed backhand with her fast two-hander!

networthy
Oct 10th, 2012, 03:01 AM
Jelena couldn't have asked for a much better draw than against Whoriskey in R1.

Let's hope she gets the win, as it would raise her ranking by almost 100 spots, from 774 to ~685-690.

Good luck!

xcrtbckhnd
Oct 10th, 2012, 03:56 AM
Great work qualifying and perfect draw for Jelena!!! Good chance to go far here!!!!

davidmario
Oct 10th, 2012, 07:28 AM
I told Jelle to work Whoriskey's one handed backhand :oh:

networthy
Oct 10th, 2012, 11:55 PM
[Q] Jelena Pandzic (CRO) def. [WC] Caitlin Whoriskey (USA) 63 46 62 :bounce:

She next plays the #8 seed, Adriana Perez (#272).

Ajmo, Jelena! :armed:

mic12
Oct 11th, 2012, 12:12 AM
nice! made it back into the top 700! keep going!

Hele.
Oct 11th, 2012, 04:25 PM

ma re
Oct 11th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Nice to see Jele climbing back again for the millionth time, but still such a loooooong way to go to get to where she belongs.

Keep it up girl:bounce:

xcrtbckhnd
Oct 12th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Tough 2nd round loss but shes playing next week too!

mic12
Oct 15th, 2012, 02:07 AM
in 2nd round of qualifying at rock hill 25K

mic12
Oct 16th, 2012, 02:08 AM
in last round of qualifying!
Jelena Pandzic (CRO) d. (10)Romana Tedjakusuma (INA) 61 63

mic12
Oct 16th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Jelena qualified, plays the 8th seed in the first round. If she wins, likely plays the same player she lost to a few days ago.
(8)Sharon Fichman (CAN) v (Q)Jelena Pandzic (CRO)
Adriana Perez (VEN) v (Q)Alexandra Kiick (USA)

networthy
Oct 16th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Jelena qualified

NID :cheer:

plays the 8th seed in the first round. If she wins, likely plays the same player she lost to a few days ago.
(8)Sharon Fichman (CAN) v (Q)Jelena Pandzic (CRO)
Adriana Perez (VEN) v (Q)Alexandra Kiick (USA)

Ugh. Tough draw. Fichman reached the final at her last two tournaments (both $25Ks), including last week in Troy. Against Perez, Jelena won only 4 games.

mic12
Oct 17th, 2012, 02:36 AM
even worse, Jelena has played her 3 times and lost all 3 (twice during her career high year). I still have faith.

davidmario
Oct 17th, 2012, 03:42 AM
Ajde Jelle!

mic12
Oct 17th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Jelena lost in the first round (for the 4th time to Ficher, who according to her wikipedia site is a moonballer)
(8)Sharon Fichman (CAN) d. (Q)Jelena Pandzic (CRO) 64 61
Good news is she is going to play qualifying for one more 25K and a 50K the week after that. It's gotta be frustrating to have to win 3 matches to get 1 point!

networthy
Oct 18th, 2012, 12:22 AM
^ :sad:

To think that Jelena was once ranked #136 in the world...

mic12
Oct 18th, 2012, 12:27 AM
I know...but apparently even then she lost to Fichman

davidmario
Oct 18th, 2012, 03:19 AM
Jelena lost in the first round (for the 4th time to Ficher, who according to her wikipedia site is a moonballer)
(8)Sharon Fichman (CAN) d. (Q)Jelena Pandzic (CRO) 64 61
Good news is she is going to play qualifying for one more 25K and a 50K the week after that. It's gotta be frustrating to have to win 3 matches to get 1 point!

GlJHalqevRE
Not really a classic moonballer but she hits with a lot of tospin so her strokes bounce out of Jele's comfort zone. She lakes players who hit hard and flat to her backhand so she can hit it even harder and even flatter back.

mic12
Oct 18th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Jelena is on the list for the 75K in Phoenix. Hopefully she'll make it into the qualies!

mic12
Oct 21st, 2012, 12:14 AM
(8)Jelena Pandzic (CRO) v Emily Ottsen (USA)
Alexandra Champion (USA) v Hayley Carter (USA)
Mia King (USA) v Katherine White (GBR)
(9)Kristy Frilling (USA) v Kayla Symone Price (USA)

she should qualify easily. hopefully she can go further than the last 25ks this time and get some points!

networthy
Oct 21st, 2012, 11:45 PM
Jelena PANDZIC (CRO) [8] def. Emily OTTSEN (USA) 6-0 6-0 :yeah:

croat123
Oct 22nd, 2012, 02:35 AM
not bad :p

mic12
Oct 23rd, 2012, 12:49 AM
(8)Jelena Pandzic (CRO) d. Hayley Carter (USA) 67(7) 63 61
harder than it should have been, but a point is a point! :)
one more round to qualify... plays (9)Kristy Frilling in the last q round.
ranking is up to 686 now.

networthy
Oct 23rd, 2012, 01:15 AM
(8)Jelena Pandzic (CRO) d. Hayley Carter (USA) 67(7) 63 61
harder than it should have been, but a point is a point! :)

Ouch--much too close for comfort against a junior whose JCH ranking is 540.

but a point is a point! :)
ranking is up to 686 now.

Not yet. She needs to qualify to get a point.

one more round to qualify... plays (9)Kristy Frilling in the last q round.

Frilling could be tough. Just last week she destroyed Albanese (CH ranking 158) 2 and 1. Good luck, Jelena!

networthy
Oct 23rd, 2012, 09:12 PM
Good news and bad news.

The good news is Jelena qualified :cheer: She beat Frilling easily, 63 61.

The bad news is that in R1 she plays the #3 seed, Dubois :help: She won $25K Troy two weeks ago and reached the SF at $25K Rock Hill last week. Really unfortunate considering some of the other Q placements: another Q, Abramovic, Marand, Gabueva.

mic12
Oct 23rd, 2012, 10:10 PM
that's too bad that she gets dubois in round 1. but dubois is someone who has been consistently in the 100-150 range for the past 8 years. This is where Jelena would have been (at least!) if not for the injuries/accidents. it will be interesting to see how she matches up. hopefully it goes better than against fichman last week. she needs to start winning more rounds in the 25ks if she is going to go up in ranking significantly. Hopefully she has better luck with the draws in the 50K and 75 K she is supposed to play next.

mic12
Oct 24th, 2012, 12:15 AM
i just looked up the head to head. Dubois has won twice, Jelena beat her once. The score was never close.

mic12
Oct 25th, 2012, 12:19 AM
(3)Stephanie Dubois (CAN) d. (Q)Jelena Pandzic (CRO) 64 61
:( good luck in qualifying at that 50K in texas next week.
she is the 20th alternate for the 75K in phoenix. don't know if she'll get in.

mic12
Oct 28th, 2012, 02:10 AM
jelena's draw at the 50K in texas. i think she should be able to qualify. she only has to play 2 matches.
2)Romana Tedjakusuma (INA) v BYE
Melina Ferrero (ARG) v Nicole Robinson (USA)
Sophia Bursulaya (USA) v Molly Scott (USA)
(6)Jelena Pandzic (CRO) v BYE

xcrtbckhnd
Oct 28th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Gl jelena!!!

mic12
Oct 28th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Jelena will be playing Molly Scott tomorrow for 4 points
Molly Scott (USA) d. Sophia Bursulaya (USA) 62 60

mic12
Oct 28th, 2012, 09:47 PM
molly scott has no ranking. jelena should win this easily

mic12
Oct 28th, 2012, 09:49 PM
and looking at the round after that, if she has to play Tedjakusuma, it should also not be hard,Jelena beat her at Rocky Hill a few weeks ago 61 63.

vladekCRO
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:48 PM
(6)Jelena Pandzic (CRO) d. Molly Scott (USA) 63 63

Qualifying round against Tedjakusuma

mic12
Oct 29th, 2012, 11:38 PM
good job jelena! She gets 4 points here for 1 win, finally! last 2 tournaments she had to play 3 matches to get just 1 point!
She should be at around 640 with this. and around 630 if she qualifies. moving up nicely! She is 12th alternate for the 75K Phoenix. still hoping she gets in!

xcrtbckhnd
Oct 30th, 2012, 01:34 AM
Win again jelena!

mic12
Oct 30th, 2012, 09:16 PM
(6)Jelena Pandzic (CRO) d. (2)Romana Tedjakusuma (INA) 75 62
yay!
unfortunately in round 1 she plays a seed Chi Chi Scholl. She's really had horrible luck with main draw placement for 3 tournaments now!

mic12
Oct 30th, 2012, 09:42 PM
good news is that scholl lost to the same 2 players that jelena did. so maybe there is hope.

mic12
Oct 30th, 2012, 09:42 PM
in the last 2 tournaments i mean

networthy
Oct 30th, 2012, 10:27 PM
(6)Jelena Pandzic (CRO) d. (2)Romana Tedjakusuma (INA) 75 62

unfortunately in round 1 she plays a seed Chi Chi Scholl. She's really had horrible luck with main draw placement for 3 tournaments now!

:fiery: especially when the Q placements include Sotnikova, Ferris and Melichar :banghead:

mic12
Oct 31st, 2012, 11:10 PM
(8)Chi Chi Scholl (USA) d. (Q)Jelena Pandzic (CRO) 64 64
:(
possibly Jelena's last match of the year. She is 11th on the alternate list for next week. not looking good.
current ranking ~630.

xcrtbckhnd
Nov 1st, 2012, 04:09 AM
Tough loss but just glad shes back

Krijes Sedam
Nov 1st, 2012, 10:46 AM
(She is 11th on the alternate list for next week. not looking good.

8th today. fingers crossed.

mic12
Nov 1st, 2012, 04:26 PM
right now she is 4th. so hopefully!!

davidmario
Nov 1st, 2012, 08:42 PM
right now she is 4th. so hopefully!!

if you see that there are two md wc's already given to players in qualyfying and there are two wcs for players in front of her on alternate liste, that puts her on the no1 position at alternates so She will get in, pretty sure;)

mic12
Nov 1st, 2012, 09:06 PM
i hope you are right, but those people are not assigned numbers. WCs aside, there are still 3 in front of her: Cako, Scholl and Slater. So 3 people have to not show up.

mic12
Nov 2nd, 2012, 07:06 PM
today she is 3rd on the alternate list! Only Slater and Albanese ahead of her. Hopefully it works out!

networthy
Nov 2nd, 2012, 07:26 PM
if you see that there are two md wc's already given to players in qualyfying and there are two wcs for players in front of her on alternate liste, that puts her on the no1 position at alternates so She will get in, pretty sure;)

i hope you are right, but those people are not assigned numbers. WCs aside, there are still 3 in front of her: Cako, Scholl and Slater. So 3 people have to not show up.

mic12 is correct: the WCs are not part of the numbered list.

Given that she's #3 on the list as of today, there's a decent chance she'll get in.

mic12
Nov 4th, 2012, 02:50 AM
she is not in the qualy draw and i see Albanese and Slater who were just ahead of her did. So she missed out by one! that really sucks!

mic12
Nov 4th, 2012, 02:53 AM
although i dont understand how Pluskota who was ranked behind her on the alternate list made it in?!?

networthy
Nov 4th, 2012, 03:56 AM
although i dont understand how Pluskota who was ranked behind her on the alternate list made it in?!?

Maybe Jelena didn't show up? :confused: :shrug:

davidmario
Nov 5th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Maybe Jelena didn't show up? :confused: :shrug:

i think she didnt show up. maybe it was too risky for her to not make it into the draw. who knows. definitely a missed opportunity!

mic12
Dec 13th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Jelena!! Why aren't you entered in that 25K in Florida first week of January??

davidmario
Mar 7th, 2013, 10:08 PM
on the entrylist in ipswich 25k starting mar18 :eek:

networthy
Mar 7th, 2013, 10:41 PM

eeeeeeeek!!!

Comeback #283

Seriously, is there anyone with a more :weirdo: career arc than Pandzic?

mic12
Mar 7th, 2013, 10:51 PM

thats super exciting. I've been checking for her every week since January, and this is the first time I gave up, and there she is!
Good luck Jelena!

mic12
Mar 7th, 2013, 10:54 PM
why is she in australia??

davidmario
Mar 10th, 2013, 07:19 AM
why is she in australia??

she is on priority 1 for the 25k in australia after the one in ipswich. I guess she is playing the 25k series over there :)

mic12
Mar 10th, 2013, 07:09 PM
she is on priority 1 for the 25k in australia after the one in ipswich. I guess she is playing the 25k series over there :)

but there are only the 2 tournaments. Is that worth going all the way to australia?

davidmario
Mar 10th, 2013, 08:07 PM
but there are only the 2 tournaments. Is that worth going all the way to australia?

:shrug: we will see ;) maybe easier points.

xcrtbckhnd
Mar 11th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Glad to see her giving it another go!

networthy
Mar 16th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Ipswich draw is out. Bye in R1. In R3, likely Jessica Moore (CH #132). Hopefully Jelena trained hard during her time off :scared:

vladekCRO
Mar 17th, 2013, 02:09 PM
(12)Jelena Pandzic (CRO) d. (wc)Martina Hudaly (AUS) 60 60 :)

Moore is next

croat123
Mar 17th, 2013, 02:18 PM
decent scoreline for her first match back

ajmo!
Mar 17th, 2013, 09:35 PM
:yeah: probably last attempt of a comeback, or probably last new career she starts. gl

networthy
Mar 17th, 2013, 09:54 PM
:yeah: probably last attempt of a comeback, or probably last new career she starts. gl

Nah. This is just the first comeback of the rest of her career :lol:

ajmo!
Mar 18th, 2013, 12:01 PM
(12)Jelena Pandzic (CRO) d. (3)Jessica Moore (AUS) 63 26 64

MD:
(1)Olivia Rogowska (AUS) v (Q)So-Ra Lee (KOR)
(Q)Jelena Pandzic (CRO) v (Q)Nives Baric (AUS)

vladekCRO
Mar 18th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Nice :)

Winnable first round, it would be nice to see what she can do against Rogowska.

croat123
Mar 18th, 2013, 03:35 PM
should pick up some points and a good test in the second round :yeah:

networthy
Mar 18th, 2013, 10:16 PM
In R3, likely Jessica Moore (CH #132). Hopefully Jelena trained hard during her time off :scared:

(12)Jelena Pandzic (CRO) d. (3)Jessica Moore (AUS) 63 26 64

Jelena trained hard during her time off :oh:

vladekCRO
Mar 20th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Ipswich (AUS), First round
(Q)So-Ra Lee (KOR) d. (1)Olivia Rogowska (AUS) 64 61
(Q)Jelena Pandzic (CRO) d. (Q)Nives Baric (AUS) 63 63
Sachie Ishizu (JPN) d. Rika Fujiwara (JPN) 63 61
Sally Peers (AUS) d. (5)Nudnida Luangnam (THA) 62 62

Seeds from her section are out, nice chance for quarterfinals/semis :oh:

croat123
Mar 20th, 2013, 01:27 PM
agreed, although so-ra lee is pretty good and will be a decent test

networthy
Mar 21st, 2013, 08:03 AM
Jelena beat Lee 64 62 :yeah:

Career comeback #23,387 :cheer:

In the QF she plays Sachie Ishizu. Good luck!

vladekCRO
Mar 21st, 2013, 11:16 AM
well done, keep it up Jele :cheer:

xcrtbckhnd
Mar 21st, 2013, 02:14 PM
Win them all Jelena! !!!

davidmario
Mar 21st, 2013, 09:27 PM
I will probably see her again this summer and practice with her! Can't wait to ask her about her intentions. Her backhand really gives me trouble in practice :scared: :lol:

Bleeth
Mar 22nd, 2013, 01:55 AM
was *5:2 up, and of course she got broken when serving for the set.:(

mic12
Mar 22nd, 2013, 02:03 AM
was *5:2 up, and of course she got broken when serving for the set.:(

still won the first set, tho!

Greco
Mar 22nd, 2013, 02:23 AM
63 32

GO ! http://www.forum.hr/images/smilies/cheer.gif

Bleeth
Mar 22nd, 2013, 02:36 AM
and she lost a break, 4:3*.Hope Jelena will be in the semis when i wake up tomorrow.

mic12
Mar 22nd, 2013, 03:03 AM
and she is!

xcrtbckhnd
Mar 22nd, 2013, 04:22 AM
Yeah Jelena! !!!

networthy
Mar 22nd, 2013, 07:10 AM
Excellent comeback tournament!

Will she get an SE for next week's $25K?

networthy
Mar 22nd, 2013, 07:44 AM
Time to update the list of Jelena's comebacks:

Jelena 1.0: April 1999-March 2003 (49 tournaments; entered the WTA rankings May 1999, for the first time)

-- Stopped for 4 years, 2 months --

Jelena 2.0: May 2007-January 2009 (38 tournaments; re-entered the rankings July 2007)

-- Stopped for 1 year, 4 months --

Jelena 3.0: May 2010-February 2011 (18 tournaments; re-entered the rankings June 2010)

-- Stopped for 5 months --

Jelena 3.1: July 2011 (2 tournaments; didn't drop out of the rankings)

-- Stopped for 10 months --

Jelena 4.0: June-November 2012 (8 tournaments; re-entered the rankings July 2012)

-- Stopped for 4.5 months --

Jelena 4.1: March 2013-??? (??? tournaments; didn't drop out of the rankings)

Jelena has entered or re-entered the rankings four times :eek:

ma re
Mar 22nd, 2013, 08:42 AM
Excellent comeback tournament!

Will she get an SE for next week's $25K?

If her semifinal match will make it impossible for her to participate in next week's qualies, then yes (my guess is this'll probably happen).

Great job Jele!

networthy
Mar 22nd, 2013, 08:53 AM
As of today, Jelena will move up in the rankings from 633 to ~490-495 :yeah:

ma re
Mar 22nd, 2013, 08:56 AM
Considering how far she flew for these tournaments I'm guessing that she is aiming qualies of RG and W - hope it happens!

vladekCRO
Mar 22nd, 2013, 12:19 PM
She must play final to get SE

networthy
Mar 22nd, 2013, 10:09 PM
She must play final to get SE

QD for next week is out and Jelena isn't on it. I assume that means she got an SE into the MD.

vladekCRO
Mar 22nd, 2013, 10:15 PM
I read bad information, Jelena has SE even with semi final. Glad for that :)

Greco
Mar 23rd, 2013, 02:26 AM
75 21 http://www.forum.hr/images/smilies/cheer.gif

Greco
Mar 23rd, 2013, 02:49 AM
Wiiiiiiin !

75 64 http://www.forum.hr/images/smilies/cheer.gif

networthy
Mar 23rd, 2013, 06:13 AM
Final against Storm Sanders :eek:

davidmario
Mar 23rd, 2013, 07:40 AM
:woohoo: So Jelena was really prepared for this trip to Australia:eek: GL in the final! How high will she jump in the rankings?

ajmo!
Mar 23rd, 2013, 10:16 AM
:banana: What a nice tournament for her.

vladekCRO
Mar 23rd, 2013, 10:58 AM
:woohoo: So Jelena was really prepared for this trip to Australia:eek: GL in the final! How high will she jump in the rankings?

Up to 448 :worship: 404. if she wins in final

Next week she will play also in Australia (clay tournament), this is her section of draw:

(3)Sacha Jones (AUS) v Rika Fujiwara (JPN)
Shuko Aoyama (JPN) v (SE)Jelena Pandzic (CRO)
Nicha Lertpitaksinchai (THA) v Q
(6)Junri Namigata (JPN) v Q

Go Jele :cheer:

Hele.
Mar 23rd, 2013, 10:42 PM
Wow, great comeback!

Greco
Mar 24th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Jelena win !!

75 26 62 http://www.forum.hr/images/smilies/cheer.gif

TOP 450 again http://www.forum.hr/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

networthy
Mar 24th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Wow. Can't believe Jelena won a $25K in her comeback tournament :eek:

She obviously trained effectively during her time off :yeah:

networthy
Mar 24th, 2013, 06:21 AM
She'll move up from 633 to ~410 :bowdown:

One win next week would get her back into the top 400, at around ~385.

Good luck!

davidmario
Mar 24th, 2013, 07:48 AM
:woohoo: go jelle! :rocker:

vladekCRO
Mar 24th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Amazing :woohoo:

ma re
Mar 24th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Well our girls are sure kickin' ass this week :cool:

Congratulations Jelena, what a way to come back! Surely, she was also lucky with the draw not to play more than one seeded player throughout the tournament, but what's important is that she made the most of it. With this confidence I'm sure only exhaustion can stand in her way next week. She is a player who definately belongs to higher tiers of ITF and lower of WTA in general, and I'm pretty sure we'll see her there by the end of the year. The important thing is to stay healthy and motivated of course, and I'd say she doesn't lack motivation - at least not now after winning a title :lol:

Now if you'd excuse me, I have a certain thread to update ;)

vladekCRO
Mar 24th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Well our girls are sure kickin' ass this week :cool:

With this confidence I'm sure only exhaustion can stand in her way next week.

One more thing, next week tournament is on clay, transition from hard surface to clay is always tough.

networthy
Mar 24th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Surely, she was also lucky with the draw not to play more than one seeded player throughout the tournament, but what's important is that she made the most of it. With this confidence I'm sure only exhaustion can stand in her way next week.

One more thing, next week tournament is on clay, transition from hard surface to clay is always tough.

In addition to exhaustion and the transition to clay, Jelena might also have to deal with a much tougher draw next week.

Not to take anything away from her amazing accomplishment but she had a fairly easy route to the title this week. As ma re said, she played against only one seeded player--and it was the #9 seed at that.

Next week she could meet Sacha Jones (#3 seed; world #183 and CH #150) as early as R2. One very encouraging sign is that Sanders beat Jones in Ipswich before losing to Jelena a few rounds later. On the other hand, Jones might be extra motivated to not lose in the early rounds again.

We'll find out how Jelena does soon enough. Good luck, Jelena!

vladekCRO
Mar 24th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Jelena has been absent for a long time and IMO she will get/or she already is very tired. I expect exit in second or third round, but I wouldn't be unhappy if Jelena disapproves me :lol:

ma re
Mar 24th, 2013, 11:01 AM
If my data is correct (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=371821) this is her first singles title above a 10k level :eek:

Given her quality I find that stat shocking!

vladekCRO
Mar 24th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Yes, I was also pretty surprised when I saw that :eek: And I didn't knew that she has 100K title in doubles :worship:

And one more excellent information, singles title number 10 for Jelena :cheer:

ma re
Mar 24th, 2013, 11:15 AM
And I didn't knew that she has 100K title in doubles :worship:

Yes, that one is from one of her three million previous comebacks :lol: Jokes aside, she is an excellent doubles player (OK, maybe not excellent, but certainly very good) and I'm sure we'll see her in doubles matches very soon.

Hele.
Mar 24th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Congrats Jelena! :bounce: Is she better than ever now? :unsure: :cheer:

ajmo!
Mar 24th, 2013, 12:23 PM
:banana: :bounce:

networthy
Mar 26th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Shuko Aoyama (JPN) d. (SE)Jelena Pandzic (CRO) 61 62 :sad:

Who would have predicted that two days after winning the biggest title of her career, she would lose 1 and 2 in R1? :spit:

ajmo!
Mar 26th, 2013, 10:40 AM
:eek: :sad:

http://www.tennis.com.au/wa/files/2013/03/Pandzic-Sanders-Cooper-Ebelthite-Ipswich1-410x287.jpg

Hele.
Mar 26th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Maybe she just was too tiered after 8 matches last week and didn't adapt well after travel. :shrug: It is a shame she couldn't win at least one match and get 8 pts but it is ok. ;)

mic12
Mar 29th, 2013, 05:28 AM
she is on the list for a 25K and then a 50K in the US. She means business!

networthy
Apr 1st, 2013, 10:08 PM
As expected, huge move up in the rankings this week from Jelena: from 633 to 404 :cheer:

Too bad, though, that she didn't win her R1 match last week. That would have bumped her into the 300s.

mic12
Apr 1st, 2013, 11:26 PM
jelena withdrew from the 25k next week (late withdrawal?) but is still on the list for the 50K the week after. hope she makes it.

ma re
Apr 2nd, 2013, 07:47 AM
She'd need some serious luck to make it into Wimbledon qualies this year, but USO is more than doable for a player of her abilities.

davidmario
Apr 16th, 2013, 05:38 PM
she didnt go. players before and behind her on the alternate list made it in, though. maybe it was too much of a risk:shrug: Anyway she soon should be able to enter lists with her new ranking

vladekCRO
Apr 21st, 2013, 09:38 PM
$50.000 Charlottesville, first QR
Jelena Pandzic (CRO) d. (wc)Trelsie Sadler (USA) 61 61

(5)Katerina Kramperova next

xcrtbckhnd
Apr 22nd, 2013, 12:15 AM
Keep going Jelena!!!!

ajmo!
Apr 22nd, 2013, 08:23 PM
64 46 1-0, Pandzic to serve

vladekCRO