PDA

View Full Version : The New GOLD Wimbledon Rackets for Venus and Serena

SerenaSlam_1
Jun 21st, 2007, 01:53 AM
Williams Sisters Go Gold At Wimbledon

By Tennis Week
06/20/2007

The All England Club's clothing rule prompts players to wear white at Wimbledon. Former Wimbledon winners Venus and Serena Williams will cast a golden glow on the grass courts at The Championships racquets this year.

The Williams sisters, who have combined to claim five Wimbledon singles and two doubles titles, will be playing for the first time with brand new Wilson [K] Factor gold limited edition racquets at next week's Championships.

Both Williams sisters switched to [K]Factor technology at the beginning of the 2007 season. Serena won the Australian Open in January playing with a [K] Factor racquet for the first time in a major tournament and Venus captured the Memphis title wielding a [K] Factor frame.

Wilson has created two special edition racquets featuring 22 [K]arat gold, which both sisters will officially debut at Wimbledon. Serena will play with a pure black frame and Venus with a pure white version, both featuring real 22 carat gold leaf laid into the frame.

"I can't think of a better place to play with a racquet made with real gold than Wimbledon," said Serena. "I love the look of this racquet and the fact that [K]Factor technology has brought the added control I was seeking in my game. It has made a real difference and could put me in contention for the title again."

Only 650 of each model of the [K]Factor gold limited edition racquets will be available worldwide for sale to the public this summer at a recommended retail price of $500. Venus and Serena will each autograph and donate 10 [K]Factor gold limited edition racquets for auction.

HERES THE ACTUAL LINK FOR WHAT THE RACKETS LOOK LIKE

http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2007/06/20/534814/KFactorlimitededitiongoldrackets.JPG

alex.stef
Jun 21st, 2007, 09:12 AM
thank you for posting a photo

maddogz48
Jun 21st, 2007, 07:03 PM
The racquets look nice. :)
$500 is too much for a racquet.

sweetpeas
Jun 22nd, 2007, 04:51 PM
thanks....