PDA

View Full Version : Eastbourne Junior Event

tobi
Jun 19th, 2007, 11:45 PM
No Draw,matches from the OOP

http://downloads.lta.org.uk/webservices/TempResults/Eastbourne/oop.pdf

First Matches - Starting at 11.00

Tatiana Bua (ARG) v Irina-Camelia Begu (ROU)
Tammy Hendler (BEL) v Malena Gordo (ARG)
Madison Brengle (USA) v Laura Slater (GBR)
Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) v Jocelyn Rae (GBR)
Oksana Kalashnikova (GEO) v Stefanie Cornish (GBR)
Katharina Brown (GBR) v Gail Brodsky (USA)

2nd matches - Not Before 14.00

Oksana Kalashnikova (GEO) v Irina-Camelia Begu (ROU)
Tammy Hendler (BEL) v Gail Brodsky (USA)
Laura Slater (GBR) v Tatiana Bua (ARG)
Malena Gordo (ARG) v Jocelyn Rae (GBR)
Madison Brengle (USA) v Stefanie Cornish (GBR)
Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) v Katharina Brown (GBR)

Derek.
Jun 20th, 2007, 03:11 AM
Good luck to:

Caroline Wozniacki :D :banana: :worship:
Oksana Kalashnikova :D
Tamaryn Hendler :)

Sharapova's_Boy
Jun 20th, 2007, 04:57 AM
Davai Oksana.

tony kirilenko
Jun 20th, 2007, 11:59 AM
tamaryn hendler won one match yesterday against rae and lost against brown

eagles07
Jun 20th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Does anyone know any of these results or how the brits did ???

Derek.
Jun 20th, 2007, 09:07 PM
There's like no way to find out what happened. :help:

Kevin.
Jun 21st, 2007, 01:41 AM
i thought Wozniacki was gonna stopplayin juniors after 06 USO??

Derek.
Jun 21st, 2007, 04:02 AM

She only played this for extra match practice on grass.

It's not even a real tournament anyway.

jamatthews
Jun 21st, 2007, 10:50 AM
Jocelyn Rae def Malena Gordo 7-6 6-3

2 days play and we've had 3 results (2 without scores). :lol:

Better than normal I think. ;)

tony kirilenko
Jun 21st, 2007, 11:53 AM
tammy has won yesterday against gordo (6-3, 6-4) and brodscky 6-4 1-6 11-9 (super tie break)

today she plays against wozniacki

sorry i don t know results of other players

jamatthews
Jun 21st, 2007, 09:08 PM
Four British prospects acquitted themselves well in the round-robin stages of the junior event running alongside the International Women’s Open in Eastbourne.

Katharina Brown won two of her five group matches, with Jocelyn Rae, Laura Slater and Stefanie Cornish all claiming one victory apiece.

Brown produced a superb performance to beat Belgium’s Tammy Hendler 6-3, 6-2, and overcame her compatriot Rae 5-7, 6-2, 10-2.

She also came within a whisker of pulling off an upset against highly-rated American Gail Brodsky, narrowly going down 6-3, 2-6 10-8.

Big-serving Rae’s win came against Malena Gordo of Argentina 7-6 (5), 6-3, but she was the only player to give the tournament favourite, Denmark’s Caroline Wozniacki, a scare.

Rae took the Dane to a second set tie-break before slipping to a 6-1 7-6(2) defeat. However, it was the only time in the group stages that Wozniacki conceded more than three games in a set.

Rae believes the tournament has been a valuable boost for the British girls as they look for future success on the WTA Tour.

She takes on her best friend Cornish in an all-British showdown to decide ninth and 10th spot on Friday, and said: “It is hard to play your best mate and I am not really looking forward to that. But the tournament has been a great experience and will help me a lot.”

In the second group Slater held her nerve to see off Irina-Camelia Begu of Romania, thanks to some excellent returning and consistent groundstrokes.

However, Slater went down to fellow Brit Cornish 6-4, 6-4, in a group that was comfortably won by Madison Brengle of the United States.

Brengle and Wozniacki will square off in Friday’s final, while every player will compete one more time in a round of play-offs.

1st - Wozniacki vs Brengle
3rd - Hendler vs Kalashnikova
5th - Brodsky vs Begu
7th - Brown vs Bua
9th - Rae vs Cornish
11th - Gordo vs Slater

LegionArgentina
Jun 22nd, 2007, 04:07 AM
Anyway good experience for our argies :hug:

Ravsieg
Jun 22nd, 2007, 05:03 AM

She won the Osaka Mayors Cup after the infamous default at USO, that was her last tourney.

auntie janie
Jun 22nd, 2007, 05:23 PM
Any news on the final?

Monica_Rules
Jun 22nd, 2007, 06:26 PM
Not yet no.

jamatthews
Jun 22nd, 2007, 08:32 PM
Brengle won 6-3 ret :sad: I hope Caroline is ok for Wimbledon.

Katharina Brown led a stirring British performance on the final day of the junior event running alongside the International Women’s Open at Eastbourne.

Brown, 17, managed an impressive seventh place finish thanks to a resounding 6-4, 6-2 victory over Tatiana Bua of Argentina.

With a English father and a German mother, Brown is based near Hamburg, but relished being a home crowd favourite this week after receiving her British passport just days ago.

She said: “It is great for me to play for Britain and I loved it at Eastbourne. It was an amazing experience to play at the same tournament as great players like Amelie Mauresmo.

“I got some good match practice as well and I enjoyed playing on grass for only the second time in a tournament.”

In an all-British clash for ninth and 10th, Stefanie Cornish from Essex beat close friend Jocelyn Rae, 7-5, 4-6, 10-7.

Laura Slater battled hard in her playoff for 11th and 12th, narrowly going down to Argentina’s Malena Gordo, 7-6 (3), 2-6, 10-8.

The event was won by Madison Brengle of the United States, when opponent Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark withdrew injured after losing the opening set 6-3.