PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay's comeback...

The Daviator
Jun 12th, 2007, 12:49 AM
Right, babyport has been delivered, I expect Lindsay is itching to get back onto the practice courts already :angel: :p

So when? :angel:

hurricanejeanne
Jun 12th, 2007, 01:01 AM
I think if she were to make a comeback she's most likely do it for Indian Wells 2008. It just seems so natural that being her home tournament. But if she really, really wanted to she could come back for the start of next season in Australia.

It's nice to dream. :angel:

Lindsayfan32
Jun 12th, 2007, 02:17 AM
I might be the only the one on this board that thinks this but i don't want Lindsay to make a comeback. I think Jagger came long at a perfect time. Lindsay was starting to have mixed results and I want to remember Lindsay as a great champion not a fading star who hung on too long. Lindsay has had a great career and what's there left to prove. Nothing. But on the other hand if the rumor were true and Lindsay did make a comeback I would support her all the way.

Dave.
Jun 12th, 2007, 02:30 AM
It would make my year if she came back. I miss tennis:sad:

GrandSlam05
Jun 12th, 2007, 03:07 AM
The comeback starts now! Lindsay, get to the beach tomorrow and run and swim off those baby pounds!

blumaroo
Jun 12th, 2007, 03:15 AM
Well look what motherhood did for Bammer. Though I don't know how quickly she'll recover. Once you haven't done anything for nine months, it's hard to get back to pro standards fitness level. I now firmly believe for some reason that she is going to take a wildcard in one event or more. Surely when she sees how poorly most of the girls are playing, she can't resist going back out there and showing them how the game is really played?
Indian Wells is too soon I think. I think one of the summer hardcourt tournaments or New Haven.

LindsayRulz
Jun 12th, 2007, 03:47 AM
One WC is still remaining at Wimbledon :lol:

GrandSlam05
Jun 12th, 2007, 03:52 AM
This may sound stupid but part of the reason I want her back is that her last match was a loss to Mauresmo. This just doesn't sit well with me. She's got more left in her. I just know it.

RJWCapriati
Jun 12th, 2007, 04:07 AM
I hope she comes back!!

blumaroo
Jun 12th, 2007, 04:10 AM
This may sound stupid but part of the reason I want her back is that her last match was a loss to Mauresmo. This just doesn't sit well with me. She's got more left in her. I just know it.

Terrible isn't it. Losing to a player you owned for so long. But I guess better than ending your career with a loss to Vakulenko.

RJWCapriati
Jun 12th, 2007, 04:22 AM
Terrible isn't it. Losing to a player you owned for so long. But I guess better than ending your career with a loss to Vakulenko.

lol that is true....comeback or not I will support her. With a 716-188 record thats a little tough to take the chance to possibly tarnish.

mike/topgun
Jun 12th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by GrandSlam05
That's quite what I felt whe Linds announced her decision. But she's had such a great career, that I'd rather remember her that way. Then maybe a little farewell tour in Cali wouldn't do much harm to the young mum. Next year that is.

John.
Jun 12th, 2007, 06:23 PM
It's nice to dream :zzz:

Lindsay wins AO 08 as a wildcard, beating 6 seeds along the way, without dropping a set

michael j magill
Jun 14th, 2007, 04:46 PM
if lindsay does come back it wiil be on her time frame and no one but her and mabay a few close others know if when and why,i say it would most likely to get one final win and go out saying i won my last and final pro match.

Lindsayfanumber1
Jun 15th, 2007, 12:15 AM
:angel: Lindsay Bageled MAria Again in US Open Final :D

RayRob
Jun 15th, 2007, 01:04 AM
I might be the only the one on this board that thinks this but i don't want Lindsay to make a comeback. I think Jagger came long at a perfect time. Lindsay was starting to have mixed results and I want to remember Lindsay as a great champion not a fading star who hung on too long. Lindsay has had a great career and what's there left to prove. Nothing. But on the other hand if the rumor were true and Lindsay did make a comeback I would support her all the way.

Completely agree with you! Lindsay has nothing left to prove, she has one of the greatest win/loss records, won 3 GS's (on different surfaces), up there with the best of them with the most career titles...Gold medal - so few can ever say that in tennis! What's more she achieved all this against all odds, against family circumstances, against peoples name-calling and negativity, in spit of peoples negativity and she did it all for herself to prove to herself she could do it because before all that Lindsay lacked the belief and the only people that seemed to see it in Lindsay was Rob Van't Hoff (how I missed this guy - as lovely as Adam was) and Mary Joe! All she wanted after all this greatness was a family. Hopefully, one day she can make it in the hall of fame.

Rache

hurricanejeanne
Jun 15th, 2007, 02:31 AM

I guess that was the sign that something "wasn't right", looking back. Sure Amelie's a great player but beating Lindsay on hardcourts period translates to something being a miss. And come to find out that she was (most likely) in the early stages of her pregnancy.
The loss has never sat well with me.

I've believed she had more in her since the day she left the sport. It's all up to her, her mind and her body now. She could do it. But I also agree that she has nothing to prove anymore. She's a hall of famer on the way.
But part of me would love to hear her hit the ball again, just one more time.

Lindsayfan32
Jun 15th, 2007, 02:54 AM
Don't you think it's a bit premature for comeback talks right now. Jagger has even hit a week old yet. Give it another six months or so and then let's see where the comeback talk is at. But I'm happy either way.

tennisboi
Jun 17th, 2007, 04:43 PM

I'm totally with you on this she has more left in the tank players like Lindsay & Mary can go on and on cause they don't have to rely on speed so when they get older their game isn't affected cause they get slower. She could come back if she wants but I don't think she will:sad: