PDA

View Full Version : Honestly, how bad...

supergrunt
Jun 8th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Do you think that Serena played?

serenaforever
Jun 8th, 2007, 01:34 AM
As much as I hate to say it, the last one. I can't believe I'm going to say this:
Justine was outstanding. Henin was playing at a very high level. Even if Serena was on, it would have been tough to beat Henin. Afterall, it is clay.

supergrunt
Jun 8th, 2007, 01:51 AM
You picked th last one? I completely disagree. :shrug:

serenaforever
Jun 8th, 2007, 02:42 AM
You picked th last one? I completely disagree. :shrug:

Everyone has their own opinion.

StarDuvallGrant
Jun 8th, 2007, 02:52 AM
I was bothered by Serena seeming not to play her game. There were moments where it looked like she woke up and was going to go with plan A, Serena Williams, and then she reverted back to what lost her the match. If Justine actually outplayed Serena I would have felt worse about the match but I felt bad not mainly for the loss but Serena's attitude and the such.

-VSR-
Jun 8th, 2007, 03:35 AM
I, honestly, think Serena played horrible. No fight, determination or heart. :sad:

winone23
Jun 8th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Serena didn't play her best because she's saving it for Wimbledon.

Olórin
Jun 8th, 2007, 12:24 PM
I wouldn't say this on GM as I would get labelled as deluded and a bad loser, but I think Serena was right in that she said a) it was the worst Serena has ever played in a GS QF b) it was horrendous disasterous etc. c) Justine DID do more than turn up, BUT Serena was right when she said that she has played against Justine before when Justine herself has been playing a lot better.

Olórin
Jun 8th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Also, I thought the 1st set was OK in quality but the second set was really poor. This match certainly won't go in the record books!

serenaforever
Jun 8th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Also, I thought the 1st set was OK in quality but the second set was really poor. This match certainly won't go in the record books!

It certainly won't be one to remember...

serenaforever
Jun 8th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Serena didn't play her best because she's saving it for Wimbledon.

I doubt it because I think she really wanted to win RG...
Although, she certainly didn't play Henin as though she wanted to win...

starin
Jun 8th, 2007, 02:53 PM
does anyone think that with Serena's current movement what it is atm, that she might not be able to beat Justine on a consistent basis (and worse might lose to her consistently)?
Don't get me wrong...Serena of 2002 would still dominate Justine very easily but its much easier now to get Serena out of position and easier to beat her if you can get her on the move. In 2002 Serena was at her most dangerous when on the move. So I'm just wondering is 2007 Serena not as good as 2007 Justine?

serenaforever
Jun 8th, 2007, 03:09 PM
does anyone think that with Serena's current movement what it is atm, that she might not be able to beat Justine on a consistent basis (and worse might lose to her consistently)?
Don't get me wrong...Serena of 2002 would still dominate Justine very easily but its much easier now to get Serena out of position and easier to beat her if you can get her on the move. In 2002 Serena was at her most dangerous when on the move. So I'm just wondering is 2007 Serena not as good as 2007 Justine?

Have faith!
2007 Serena can beat 2007 Justine easily, if Rena is on...

Diesel
Jun 8th, 2007, 03:13 PM

No.

starin
Jun 8th, 2007, 03:38 PM
yes it was Serena's worse QF performance cuz this is the first QF she has ever played that she has lost in straight sets. ooops nvm she lost to Davenport 64 62 @ USO QF in 2000. So this is her 2nd worse loss at a slam QF.

Olórin
Jun 8th, 2007, 03:54 PM
She played better in the 2000 QF imo though, Davenport was on a really good run having got the Wimbledon Final and had a successful hardcourt season, and Serena had a nigglinh injury apparently.

Serena's movement is not an issue, well at least imo Manatee ;) On clay yes it was, everywhere else, hell no! She moves better than Justine everywhere else. She's such a natural mover on grass especially, it will serve her well :)

Craigy
Jun 8th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Are you kidding me? I swear, if supergrunt starts spamming the Serena forum now :mad:

Olórin
Jun 8th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Are you kidding me? I swear, if supergrunt starts spamming the Serena forum now :mad:

Is he really that bad :shrug: Just a little enthusiastic maybe :p

Craigy
Jun 8th, 2007, 04:51 PM

You weren't here when all the Serena? business went out of control :p

Olórin
Jun 8th, 2007, 04:54 PM

Oh, ok then:)

serenaforever
Jun 8th, 2007, 04:57 PM

I'm confused.

Lulu.
Jun 8th, 2007, 05:28 PM
I, honestly, think Serena played horrible. No fight, determination or heart. :sad:

I have to agree. That was not the normal Serena out there

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 8th, 2007, 05:39 PM
I think JH played better against JJ...Serena didn't show anything in that match..don't know why...she won more games than JJ so she must have been doing something right..however it was probably the worst I have seen her play...granted I don't see her in regular tournies outside miami so she could have had worse but this is the worst I've seen...even if JH would have won I'd feel better if Serena played better than she did

Soothing
Jun 8th, 2007, 11:15 PM
We all want Serena to do well at Wimby but this last tournament and some of the comments she's been making lately, specifically the comment about the glass being half empty. I don't know what typs of mind frame she's in right now. You know it takes alot out of you to fight like she fights. Right now mentally she seems kinda fragile. But I have faith that she'll come out swinging since the press is pretty much punking her right now. I agree with Manatee about the movement to a certain extent. Serena isn't going to be able to dictate all points against someone like Henin. She's going to have to improve her movement signifigantly and not just on clay.