PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else still depressed?

Olórin
Jun 6th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Anyone else still depressed about Serena's loss? I thought Id got over it yesterday, but I just can't stop thinking about it. I've never seen Serena play so badly in a Grand Slam QF, and the way she ended the match was just:eek:

Please tell me Im not the only one who feels like this:help: :lol:

-VSR-
Jun 6th, 2007, 03:37 PM
I'm surprisingly over it. :lol:

alex.stef
Jun 6th, 2007, 03:39 PM
nope, you're not the only one. i'm still so sad that i don't get to see her tomorrow in the semis and saturday in the final :( eventough i tried as much as i could to repress this sadness, as i'm in my final exams period
she seemed so determined to win the title, but...

Olórin
Jun 6th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Im still doing exams also, Serena winning would have cheered me up :(

PatrickRyan
Jun 6th, 2007, 04:03 PM
I was never depressed over her loss, at least Serena is back and playing good and healthy again for the first time since 2003, and her first time playing the French since 04. Serena's season has been amazing so far, winning Australia and Miami. She's already beat Maria twice this year and Justine. So im still really happy about that! :)

SJW
Jun 6th, 2007, 04:20 PM
I have never been this down about a loss. I've been mad, or whatever, but I'm just like...*sigh* about it.
I hate to give Serena a hard time, especially knowing how much pressure she puts on herself. But I really got the feeling she didn't try...and I'm disappointed about that. No intensity or fight...It's not so much her losing, it was her attitude about it.
I guess she's allowed one match where she looks like she's expecting to lose.

DokicForever
Jun 6th, 2007, 04:29 PM
I am a bit down about the result to be honest. But i am sure she will learn from it and she will come back stronger in the upcoming tournaments.
Good luck Rena!!!

:inlove:
Jun 6th, 2007, 05:18 PM
I'm still depressed about the lack of fight she showed, but not the actual result. Just looking forward to Wimbledon now...

Lulu.
Jun 6th, 2007, 05:20 PM
I was mad at first but Im over it now. On to Wimbledon :)

DokicForever
Jun 6th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Yes exactly on to Wimbledon!!!!
:D

serenaforever
Jun 6th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Not really. Just getting ready for Wimby...

doni1212
Jun 6th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Yes, I am. But if Sharapova wins, I'll be even more depressed. I guess I don't mind an all Serbian final, sigh.

mentos
Jun 7th, 2007, 01:49 AM
I'm over it and looking foward to grass and hard courts.

Craigy
Jun 7th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Nope. I set myself up for the loss. I knew it was coming. If I thought she was gonna win and and she did end up losing, I would be hurt for months.

serenaforever
Jun 7th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Nope. I set myself up for the loss. I knew it was coming. If I thought she was gonna win and and she did end up losing, I would be hurt for months.

That's the way to do it.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 7th, 2007, 05:55 PM
I'm over it, but I'm not going to watch the finals or anything :shrug:

SJW
Jun 7th, 2007, 06:27 PM
That's the way to do it.

I disagree completely.
Yes I wasn't expecting her to win on clay, but on any other surface I believe Serena will win every single match. If she loses, ok, but I know better than to doubt her (off of clay ;))

Olórin
Jun 7th, 2007, 06:40 PM
That's the way to do it.

Yes that would've been a good idea :( Except with Serena talking about winning the FO and how determined she seemed to be I just couldn't help thinking she would pull it off!!! She could've too! The amount 2nd serves Justine was giving her, 2002/2003 clay Serena would've kicked Justine's arse!:devil:

RAA
Jun 7th, 2007, 07:20 PM
i'm very disappointed as I really see her as the only current player to have a decent shot at the calendar grand slam.

but I can't be too disappointed after the Oz open.. i mean.. that should really keep me happy for at LEAST six months.:p

b_o_r
Jun 7th, 2007, 09:45 PM
As limp as Serena played, only her and Vesnina has taken 7 games off her:D

serenaforever
Jun 7th, 2007, 11:40 PM
I disagree completely.
Yes I wasn't expecting her to win on clay, but on any other surface I believe Serena will win every single match. If she loses, ok, but I know better than to doubt her (off of clay ;))

?????????
That's what I was talking about. On clay, she is inconsistant. Sometimes you have to brace yourself for a loss, because, unfortunately, there are better clay-courters than Rena. But, on grass/hardcourt, you should NEVER doubt her.I agree with you, why are you disagreeing with me?

Serendy Willick
Jun 7th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Serena just didnt have the proper clay court preparation this year. Only one clay court tourn with her losing in the quarters. Serena was the last AMERICAN standing period and she lost to the woman who will probably win the title on Saturday. The bottom line is this, Roland Garros is Justine Henins house and until someone knocks her off, thats the way its gonna be. Its time to move on to Wimbeldon and focus really hard because if Serena take this, I thinks shes got a great shot at taking the US as well.

StarDuvallGrant
Jun 8th, 2007, 10:59 PM
I didn't care too much about this loss because I didn't see the usual stuff in her. I know Serena cares and she has this deep fire in her but there was something off about that match and after it was over, the loss lingered for a couple of hours in terms of bewilderment with Serena's attitude and then I was over it. Expectations about what's next took over.

friendsita
Jun 9th, 2007, 05:30 AM
Anyone else still depressed about Serena's loss? I thought Id got over it yesterday, but I just can't stop thinking about it. I've never seen Serena play so badly in a Grand Slam QF, and the way she ended the match was just:eek:

Please tell me Im not the only one who feels like this:help: :lol:

Yeah, It was her worst performance by far... :rolleyes:
Hopefully she'll return next year and put things in order ;)

Craigy
Jun 9th, 2007, 12:01 PM
It was definitely not her worst performance by far. :lol:

sweetpeas
Jun 9th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Nope. I set myself up for the loss. I knew it was coming. If I thought she was gonna win and and she did end up losing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serena is back and playing good and healthy again for the first time since 2003, and her first time playing the French since 04. Serena's season has been amazing so far, winning Australia and Miami. She's already beat Maria twice this year and Justine. So im still really happy about that!

Iam looking foward to grass and hard courts.

serenaforever
Jun 9th, 2007, 02:43 PM
It was definitely not her worst performance by far. :lol:

I agree.
She's had worse.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 11th, 2007, 05:37 AM
I'm more disappointed in her lack of spirt than her loss...I wanted her to go down swinging and guns blazing...but she didn't seem to interested..probably day dreaming about winning Wimby :lol:

serenaforever
Jun 11th, 2007, 01:14 PM
I'm more disappointed in her lack of spirt than her loss...I wanted her to go down swinging and guns blazing...but she didn't seem to interested..probably day dreaming about winning Wimby :lol:

:lol:

Let's hope she's more focused this time and wins her third title!

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 11th, 2007, 03:01 PM
I think if she wins wimby I won't have to watch tennis the rest of the year until the YEC....she would have won 2 of 4 GS titles and the biggest tier 1 and will prove she is still head and shoulders above everyone else even when not at 2002 form

Olórin
Jun 11th, 2007, 03:30 PM
I think if she wins wimby I won't have to watch tennis the rest of the year until the YEC....she would have won 2 of 4 GS titles and the biggest tier 1 and will prove she is still head and shoulders above everyone else even when not at 2002 form

So you wouldn't watch her even in the Final of the USO? :confused: Why the YECs?

serenaforever
Jun 11th, 2007, 03:48 PM

You won't even watch her at the USO? Why not?

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 12th, 2007, 01:04 PM
not saying I wouldn't lol....it was just to express how satisfied I would be with the season already that I could just sit back and enjoy those two because of how great they are...

Stamp Paid
Jun 12th, 2007, 05:07 PM
I didnt think she had enough preparation and match play on the clay to win, and she wasn't plaing well enough either. that combined with her attitude during the match, I didn't dwell long after this match.

Olórin
Jun 12th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Btw, not sure if everyone's seen this but just thought I'd post Henin's comments in response to Serena saying Henin just had to turn up:

"Well, it's her opinion," the Belgian said. "I thought I did a good job. I see it from my point of view, and I did everything I could to control the match."

"She didn't look very aggressive," Henin said. "So I just understood, if I was mentally and emotionally under control today, I was going to win this match."

Is it just me or doesn't the last comment equate to: I understood she was playing rubbish so I knew that if I could not do a massive choke job I could win in no time :lol:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 12th, 2007, 11:00 PM
LOL....isn't she basically supporting the claim Serena made?

Donatello
Jun 13th, 2007, 12:09 AM
I think it is clear from these comments that Justine knows she wasn't playing a real Serena.

Donatello
Jun 13th, 2007, 12:15 AM
I'm was kind of shocked after she lost, but Henin winning the final and Federer being ouplayed by Nadal made me remember that clay court tennis is an artform in itself and hard to master by American players, reaching the QF with so little clay court match practice is pretty good actually.

supergrunt
Jun 13th, 2007, 12:26 AM
It made me feel better that Federer lost.

serenaforever
Jun 13th, 2007, 03:36 PM
LOL....isn't she basically supporting the claim Serena made?

Pretty much.

serenaforever
Jun 13th, 2007, 03:38 PM
I'm was kind of shocked after she lost, but Henin winning the final and Federer being ouplayed by Nadal made me remember that clay court tennis is an artform in itself and hard to master by American players, reaching the QF with so little clay court match practice is pretty good actually.

It certainly is. The art of winning on clay courts is hard to master.

Donatello
Jun 13th, 2007, 11:14 PM
But just now I was watching the match again just to get it out of my system for good.
the stats of the first set(4-6) in points made... ( when it comes to Serena it sometimes look like I have no life but :p :p )

-------------------- S --- J
Serena serves : 2 --- 4
Justine serves : 2 --- 4
S --------------->: 4 --- 2
J ---------------->: 3 --- 5
S --------------->: 4 --- 0 love game
J ---------------->: 4 --- 6 break point Serena
S --------------->: 4 --- 0 love game
J ---------------->: 1 --- 4
S --------------->: 4 --- 1
J ---------------->: 2 --- 4 chokes on 2 set points
-------------------------- +
------------------- 30 --- 30

...just really shows how Justine really blasted Serena of the court. :rolleyes:

the thing is, Serena is too fast for slow style tennis

the thing is, Serena's biggest opponent is her own easily distracted self.

anyway looking at how easy those serving games went (apart from the first) I'm extremely optimistic about Wimby. :cool:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 14th, 2007, 01:13 PM
well yea that's true...because if her serve was that effective on clay imagine how it will be now :drool: