PDA

View Full Version : *~* dIfFeReNt ClAsS oN gRaSs*~* Serena's Wimbledon support (stalk) thread

Pages : [1] 2

SJW
Jun 5th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Just under three weeks to go :woohoo: And I couldn't wait to create a thread. Sorry. :o
I have a good feeling about this Wimbledon.
FORZA SERENA!

martina83
Jun 5th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Go Serena...does anyone know what she will be seeded there? I know that she will probably be ranked #7 after French so would they seed her higher than that b/c of her good results there?

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 5th, 2007, 08:39 PM
I hope you're right :yeah: Good Wimbly for Ree!

SJW
Jun 5th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Go Serena...does anyone know what she will be seeded there? I know that she will probably be ranked #7 after French so would they seed her higher than that b/c of her good results there?

Very unlikely she'll be bumped.
But seeding and draw placement at Wimbledon should (will?) mean less at Wimbledon than in Australia.
Her serve seems to be in pretty good shape. And she won't be suckered into that horrendous clay-court style on grass. Bam Bam and thank you man.
Forza :)

PatrickRyan
Jun 5th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Im Dying to see a Serena Sharapova rematch at Wimbledon :drool:

winone23
Jun 5th, 2007, 09:16 PM
This year's Wimby will be good!

serenaforever
Jun 6th, 2007, 02:08 AM
Serena is always awesome at Wimbledon.
She will do very well here. (hopefully)

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 6th, 2007, 02:40 AM
omg Serena on grass :drool:

-VSR-
Jun 6th, 2007, 02:47 AM
I have a good feeling about Wimbledon, also.

I cannot wait. :D

santhuruu
Jun 6th, 2007, 06:35 AM
Okay Serena, stay healthy and hopefully you will get some good rest and practice, and I hope you are going to have a great time at Wimbledon, and you will probably only have a good time when you win there:p Sooo Come on Serena kill everyone who stands in your way to the title!

Craigy
Jun 6th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Grass = confident Craig!
She is gonna win it this year :rocker2:

StarDuvallGrant
Jun 6th, 2007, 01:09 PM
:woohoo:

Lulu.
Jun 6th, 2007, 03:20 PM
I also have a good feeling about this Wimbledon. She is gonna do very well :D

Olórin
Jun 6th, 2007, 03:34 PM
I can't wait for Wimbledon....hope she meets Justine like in 2003 :p

:inlove:
Jun 6th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Can't wait to see Serena play well on grass again. :woohoo:
I'm giddy with confidence that she will win that plate. :drool: :banana:

serenaforever
Jun 6th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Grass = confident Craig!
She is gonna win it this year :rocker2:

:lol:

Serendy Willick
Jun 8th, 2007, 12:00 AM
She should be REALLLLY motivated after her last showing here. If she wins this, I think she can take the US Open as well.

Lulu.
Jun 8th, 2007, 05:32 PM
She should be REALLLLY motivated after her last showing here. If she wins this, I think she can take the US Open as well.

Thats how I feel. It would be awesome if she could get the last two Slams of the year

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 8th, 2007, 05:56 PM
3 out of 4 slams....show a certain other player how to win the slam finals you are in lol no names mentioned of course :lol:

serenaforever
Jun 8th, 2007, 10:20 PM
3 out of 4 slams....show a certain other player how to win the slam finals you are in lol no names mentioned of course :lol:
LOL LOL LOL

To give you guys a hint, this player's name rhymes with "Lustine Menin".

Diesel
Jun 9th, 2007, 03:38 PM

The French was a hiccup. I want her to take motivation from the feeling of winning the Australian and wanting that again the grandest stage of Wimbledon and the fact that she didn't show at the French. Serena can do it.

serenaforever
Jun 9th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Serena should do great here. She rocks on grass, so with minimum UE's and that fighting spirit, Rena is going to be a force to be reckoned with. She also does very well on hardcourt. Once again, minimum UE's and her fighting spirit will see her through in Flushing Meadows.

harloo
Jun 9th, 2007, 04:42 PM
I'm nervous as always but I hope Serena is able to put the French behind her. I know Justine will be ready for her if they meet up again, good luck Serena!! Keep fighting!!

serenaforever
Jun 9th, 2007, 05:26 PM
I'm nervous as always but I hope Serena is able to put the French behind her. I know Justine will be ready for her if they meet up again, good luck Serena!! Keep fighting!!

I usually get nervous before Wimby, too, but I'm not nervous yet...

Craigy
Jun 9th, 2007, 05:28 PM
I'm never nervous before Wimbledon. :hearts:

serenaforever
Jun 9th, 2007, 06:34 PM
I'm never nervous before Wimbledon. :hearts:

You don't have to rub it in.:rolleyes: :lol:

Olórin
Jun 9th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Im not nervous either, no-one can beat her if she's on her game there :shrug:

aisha
Jun 9th, 2007, 08:20 PM
:drool:

Il Primo!
Jun 9th, 2007, 11:59 PM
It was about time! Now, it's Serena's turn to shine from Wimbledon to NYC! Her game is fixed, so is her mental. She's dying for avenving herself and correct this little hiccup in RG.
My favorite couple of mounths of the year, so excited :bounce:
As usual, never worried by Serena, the last time was in Hobart, but definitely not anymore.
Serena, do your job! :p

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 10th, 2007, 01:01 AM
I'm excited! I wanna see what she's gonna wear :hearts: And I know she's gonna TEAR UP that SW19 grass :hearts:

serenaforever
Jun 10th, 2007, 12:28 PM
I'm excited! I wanna see what she's gonna wear :hearts: And I know she's gonna TEAR UP that SW19 grass :hearts:

Don't get your hopes up. The all-white rule hinders Serena's ability to light up the courts.

serenaforever
Jun 10th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Counting today: there are 15 days until Wimbledon.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 10th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Don't get your hopes up. The all-white rule hinders Serena's ability to light up the courts.

I know, but I mean in 2000 it was purple, 2001 was blue, 2002 it was gold, 2003 was orange, 2004 was gold again, 2005 :o was pink, and now I'm waiting to see what her accent color will be this year :bounce:

serenaforever
Jun 10th, 2007, 12:56 PM
I know, but I mean in 2000 it was purple, 2001 was blue, 2002 it was gold, 2003 was orange, 2004 was gold again, 2005 :o was pink, and now I'm waiting to see what her accent color will be this year :bounce:

Still, those dresses don't have nothin' on the Cat Suit.

-VSR-
Jun 10th, 2007, 03:18 PM

Maybe it'll be green or black. :lol:

serenaforever
Jun 10th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Maybe it'll be green or black. :lol:

Maybe it will be a white catsuit.

b_o_r
Jun 10th, 2007, 04:44 PM

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/9469/serenaoutfitfb5.png
Its just a white version of the French Open dress:sad:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 10th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Nothing's for sure until she walks onto Centre Court :wavey::lol:

Lulu.
Jun 10th, 2007, 05:17 PM
It looks like it has some blue trim on there. Besides Serena will rock it with some cool bling :D

serenaforever
Jun 10th, 2007, 06:02 PM
It looks like it has some blue trim on there. Besides Serena will rock it with some cool bling :D

She always does.

SJW
Jun 10th, 2007, 06:21 PM

IMO some of her nicest outfits have come at Wimbledon...I just loved the 2001 purple one and the 2004 Warrior Princess piece :D

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 11th, 2007, 05:23 AM
Wimby starting in 2 weeks!!! :bounce: my most hated part of the season is over and now we can get back to Serena winning easily instead of having long drawn out point :rolleyes: she will be winning in classic Williams style and then it will be on to flushing meadows!!!

serenaforever
Jun 11th, 2007, 01:17 PM
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/9469/serenaoutfitfb5.png
Its just a white version of the French Open dress:sad:

You never know...
We won't know exactly what she's wearing until we actually SEE her wearing it WHILE she is playing.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 11th, 2007, 02:56 PM
that dress will look nice especially with the accessories like the FO dress...when she's all blinged up she will be rocking SW 19

Olórin
Jun 11th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Remember in 2002 when she wore that sort of golden crown/hairband don't know how to describe it :lol: ...I think she should wear a diamond tiara :angel:

serenaforever
Jun 11th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Remember in 2002 when she wore that sort of golden crown/hairband don't know how to describe it :lol: ...I think she should wear a diamond tiara :angel:

Might as well, The Queen deserves some sort of crown.:worship: :worship: :worship: :lol:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 12th, 2007, 01:08 PM
And a throne :D and what better way to reassert herself than on the throne of Wimbledon

Donatello
Jun 12th, 2007, 04:51 PM
On BBC after the Women's final RG they were supposed to talk about Henin. Most of the time the anchorwoman, Virginia Wade, was talking about Serena. It seems that in the UK the WS dominance still resonates. Rightfully so : 5 finals in 6 years ... let's make it 6 out of 7 this year. :tennis: :clap2:

Olórin
Jun 12th, 2007, 05:14 PM
On BBC after the Women's final RG they were supposed to talk about Henin. Most of the time the anchorwoman, Virginia Wade, was talking about Serena. It seems that in the UK the WS dominance still resonates. Rightfully so : 5 finals in 6 years ... let's make it 6 out of 7 this year. :tennis: :clap2:

Virginia Wade has great respect for Serena and Venus. There was an article a while ago in Tennis Magazine where Virginia Wade was picking her ideal player, i.e. Chris Evert's mental toughness, Navratilova's serve, and she picked Serena's return. Wise woman :yeah: Serena was the only active player to get a mention :) It's a shame everyone can't appreciate Serena and hold her in that esteem.

serenaforever
Jun 13th, 2007, 03:45 PM

Virginia greatly respects the WS. She understands everything they have done for the women's game.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 14th, 2007, 12:49 PM
shame the americans can't.....they hold MaSha in higher esteem than anyone and boy did they feel retarded after the AO final....MaSha also made them feel even more stupid but telling them she ain't changing her nationality to play under the american flag...oh well...the sisters should come and play for Barbados!! :D

starin
Jun 14th, 2007, 03:08 PM
shame the americans can't.....they hold MaSha in higher esteem than anyone and boy did they feel retarded after the AO final....MaSha also made them feel even more stupid but telling them she ain't changing her nationality to play under the american flag...oh well...the sisters should come and play for Barbados!! :D

lol....Mary Carillo said Sharapova was the better player after Serena def. Sharapova in the AO '05 SF.
US Tennis and Tennis elite = WS haters (in general). Although BBC crew is very fair with almost all the players. That's why I'd prefer to watch with their coverage. (although completely unbiased when it comes to british players but ;) :) )

SJW
Jun 14th, 2007, 05:37 PM
US commentators focus a lot more on negativity than positivity. Like I watched the Eurosport version of the AO final for the first time a couple of days ago, and they were swooning over Serena, saying stuff like "she thinks that at her best, no one can stop her, and I completely agree. This proves it, although she's even probably only at 80% right now". It's just nice to listen to the British commentators, because British people in general just appreciate greatness (since we're shit at everything).

Craigy
Jun 14th, 2007, 05:45 PM
US commentators focus a lot more on negativity than positivity. Like I watched the Eurosport version of the AO final for the first time a couple of days ago, and they were swooning over Serena, saying stuff like "she thinks that at her best, no one can stop her, and I completely agree. This proves it, although she's even probably only at 80% right now". It's just nice to listen to the British commentators, because British people in general just appreciate greatness (since we're shit at everything).

British commentators are great. They always say nice things about every player, and think Serena is the best :hehehe:

starin
Jun 14th, 2007, 07:25 PM
British commentators are great. They always say nice things about every player, and think Serena is the best :hehehe:

lol...that doesn't hurt in endaring them to my heart but really they are very nice about every player. I rarely hear them say something negative unless a player does something really out of line. Plus they're funny as hell sometimes. Unlike Carillo who just comes off as bitter and never ever pleased with anything.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 15th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Oh don't even start with Carillo....she was the one that started the whole "the sisters are ruining tennis" bit....I remember at the AO before the Petrova match they were all saying Serena had no chance...then on to the JJ match....Serena had no chance....Peer match - Serena had no chance....Vaidisova match - Serena had no chance....MaSha match - Serena had no chance...Miami - Serena had no chance vs JH....they did the same thing with Venus in 05 at Wimby...they kept repeating that MaSha would blow Venus off the court.....I love it when their faces are rubbed in the dirt :D

Slutiana
Jun 15th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Oh don't even start with Carillo....she was the one that started the whole "the sisters are ruining tennis" bit....I remember at the AO before the Petrova match they were all saying Serena had no chance...then on to the JJ match....Serena had no chance....Peer match - Serena had no chance....Vaidisova match - Serena had no chance....MaSha match - Serena had no chance...Miami - Serena had no chance vs JH....they did the same thing with Venus in 05 at Wimby...they kept repeating that MaSha would blow Venus off the court.....I love it when their faces are rubbed in the dirt :D

thats why i CANT wait until wimbly;:devil:

winone23
Jun 15th, 2007, 07:31 PM

:worship: :worship: :worship: I would have talked about Serena more too. That final was so boring.

winone23
Jun 15th, 2007, 07:33 PM

When they kept saying Serena had no chance her chances got better and better. She made them all look like fools.

Il Primo!
Jun 16th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Hope Serena plays with much more agressivity in London. She kind of lost this attitude by mixing and varying her shots during the clay season.

Craigy
Jun 16th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Hope Serena plays with much more agressivity in London. She kind of lost this attitude by mixing and varying her shots during the clay season.

She will :devil:

Il Primo!
Jun 16th, 2007, 04:48 PM
She will :devil:

She better! I want the arrogant/bossy Serena back!:devil:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 20th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Serena's seeding..... #7 :)

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 20th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Can't wait to see her tear up the grass :devil:

starin
Jun 20th, 2007, 06:45 PM
I really hope to see her be as aggressive as she was in Miami (B4 the Final). She was playing as close to her best until the Final as she has in the past few years. Mixing it up won her match against Henin in Miami but that should never be her plan A. Just a backup when all her strokes are failing her as in the Miami Final. She tried to be too "cute" @ the FO and it backfired. She just needs to hit through the field.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 20th, 2007, 07:51 PM
omg yes that will be a sight to behold :devil: just seeing her over power everyone

SJW
Jun 20th, 2007, 07:59 PM
On ESPN Classic (UK version) today they were replaying some past wimbledons.

Purely by coincidence, I stumbled upon the 2000 and 2002 championships (one was in the morning, one in the evening) and my gosh it made me nostalgic for the days when Williams reigned supreme at Wimbledon. Hopefully one gets the trophy back this year (all behind Serena, but Venus is my #2 for Wimbledon only). Serena was so amazing before the semi in 2000 :( And in 2002 she was out of this world :worship:

Craigy
Jun 20th, 2007, 09:00 PM
On ESPN Classic (UK version)
UK version? :eek:

Slutiana
Jun 20th, 2007, 09:08 PM
OMG i didnt knoe they show tennis on that channel!!

Craigy
Jun 20th, 2007, 09:22 PM
There's a UK version? :o
OMFG what channel? tell me now now now now now :drool:

martina83
Jun 20th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Hopefully as the 7th seed she can win 7 straight matches and lift the winners trophy on 7-7-07... coincidence?:)

Craigy
Jun 20th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Hopefully as the 7th seed she can win 7 straight matches and lift the winners trophy on 7-7-07... coincidence?:)

She was the 7th seen in Australia 2005 and US Open 1999 :banana:

LindsayRulz
Jun 20th, 2007, 09:51 PM

:eek:

-VSR-
Jun 20th, 2007, 10:27 PM

Also, it could be the 7th All Williams Grand Slam final.

SJW
Jun 20th, 2007, 10:46 PM
UK version? :eek:

YES! :p Channel 442 on Sky.

OMG i didnt knoe they show tennis on that channel!!

YUP!!!! The majority of it is old school flashbacks of Wimbledon (70s, 80s) but I guess since Wimbledon is near they're spending an hour on each recent year. Or something.

Craigy
Jun 20th, 2007, 11:47 PM
YES! :p Channel 442 on Sky.
I wish I knew about this earlier :sobbing:

Watching
Jun 21st, 2007, 11:11 AM
They do player profiles sometimes too. And rivalry programs. And classic matches occasionally.

SJW
Jun 22nd, 2007, 09:46 AM
Serena draws Henin in the QF.
Loves it. This is not clay.

Jun 22nd, 2007, 10:42 AM
Serena's draw is fantastic. She'll win. :) :angel:

winone23
Jun 22nd, 2007, 11:01 AM
Go Serena!!!! May you or Venus take the title!!

Craigy
Jun 22nd, 2007, 11:03 AM
Scared, as always :)
Must remain positive. Its ok, Wimbledon 2002 is coming on soon :hearts:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 22nd, 2007, 11:13 AM
:yeah::bounce: Can't wait :bounce:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 22nd, 2007, 11:13 AM
And their doubles draw looks :drool:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 22nd, 2007, 12:03 PM
COME ON!!!! such a pretty draw :) I smell an Henin shalacking :o I hope she and Venus get to the finals :)

starin
Jun 22nd, 2007, 01:52 PM
she has to face some big servers on her way to the QF.
Hopefully she can beat Henin and make it to her 4th Wimbledon final. Vamos Serena!!
but one match at a time. lol

Craigy
Jun 22nd, 2007, 01:55 PM
:hearts: Watched the Wimbledon 2002 ESPN classic thing :hearts:

alex.stef
Jun 22nd, 2007, 02:58 PM
#0 and the most important thing: Serena must win the title (Roddick also :p )
#1 Serena must smash & crush Henin for this RG if they play each other
#2 what about an all Williams final? it's perfectly possible because of the draw
#3 would it be possible that their 1st round doubles match to be on one of the center courts? I mean, they are huge stars and also playing with some Britains in UK

Go Serena! Go Roddick! Beat'em all !!!

dreamgoddess099
Jun 22nd, 2007, 03:10 PM
she has to face some big servers on her way to the QF.
Hopefully she can beat Henin and make it to her 4th Wimbledon final. Vamos Serena!!
but one match at a time. lol

Big servers aren't a problem for Serena if she returns well, she just needs to focus on having her return and serve clicking, everything else falls into place. And she can definitely kick Justine's ass on this surface, there's no slowing down of Serena's power and serve on this stuff. Serena just needs to place relaxed focused tennis, no more stressing herself out and playing tight like she did in Paris.

-VSR-
Jun 22nd, 2007, 03:55 PM
I'm very excited for this years Wimbledon, with doubles being played, it's going to awesome! :D

silverwhite
Jun 22nd, 2007, 04:00 PM
I'm very excited for this years Wimbledon, with doubles being played, it's going to awesome! :D

Me too. I hope they go far into the doubles tournament so we can get to watch some of their matches. :D

Serena's draw is pretty tricky, IMO. Molik, Stosur and Hantuchova are inconsistent but when they are on, they can be dangerous. :unsure:

Craigy
Jun 22nd, 2007, 04:28 PM
Molik - no chance vs Serena.
Stosur - same.
Hantuchova - Serena has her number ;)

venusdemilo
Jun 22nd, 2007, 05:31 PM
Serena has a decent draw. Could be better but certainly could be worse. Damn Justine in the quarters again :fiery: but Serena cannot play any worse than she did against her at the FO so... we'll see. Good luck babe. :kiss:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 22nd, 2007, 07:30 PM
She's got a good draw (singles and doubles) and I fully expect her to have her hands full on her flight to Vermont :yeah:

StarDuvallGrant
Jun 23rd, 2007, 03:44 AM
Serena draws Henin in the QF.
Loves it. This is not clay.

Logic always wins out :lol:

Jun 23rd, 2007, 09:35 AM
Most exciting Wimbledon since at least 2003. :hearts: I just can't wait! Allez!

-VSR-
Jun 23rd, 2007, 05:25 PM

I agree. It seems like she's healthy, fit, and focused. Doubles is an added bonus. :yeah:

sweetpeas
Jun 23rd, 2007, 05:37 PM
Doubles is an added bonus.

Yes,just love it!!!!!SERENA VENUS.....ONE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 24th, 2007, 12:58 AM
ahh gonna be so much better then 03 cause they aren't injured :)

Brooks.
Jun 24th, 2007, 01:37 AM
I hate when the Williams draw Hantuchova..she always plays her best against them :scared:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 24th, 2007, 02:46 AM
but they always beat her :lol:

and Serena's not going to gain 50 pounds before Saturday, so relax :lol:

StarDuvallGrant
Jun 24th, 2007, 05:19 AM

I agree. I'm excited about both Serena and Venus' draws let alone the fact they are playing doubles.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 24th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Serena 2nd on Court 2 Monday, after Hingis :wavey:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 24th, 2007, 11:52 AM
why they keep putting them on that court I will never know :rolleyes: and JJ gets centre court against a brit which means that girl will be so nervous JJ will literally just have to put the ball in the court :o

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 24th, 2007, 12:07 PM
why they keep putting them on that court I will never know :rolleyes: and JJ gets centre court against a brit which means that girl will be so nervous JJ will literally just have to put the ball in the court :o

Janko's on big court because she's playing a British player :lol:

that'll probably be Serena's only match off of Court 1 or Center

Craigy
Jun 24th, 2007, 12:24 PM
:weirdo: Wimbledon.
Stupid Brits. JJ vs Anne will be so boring. :yawn:
Oh well, at least there is interactive coverage here.

Slutiana
Jun 24th, 2007, 12:30 PM
:weirdo: Wimbledon.
Stupid Brits. JJ vs Anne will be so boring. :yawn:
Oh well, at least there is interactive coverage here.

And you call youself britsh??!!?!!:p

it will be interesting..anne has played on that court before so JJ will be the one choking...GO ANNE!

anyway..back to serena...GO SERENA!;)

winone23
Jun 24th, 2007, 01:52 PM
can't wait to see Serena, back on grass.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 24th, 2007, 01:57 PM
I know :lol: last year was so shitty :lol:

:sobbing: thank GOD that's over :yeah:

starin
Jun 24th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Good luck to Serena!!
hopefully she avoids that Graveyard of champions curse!
which is total bs cuz Wimbledon purposely puts struggling former champions who they think will lose on that court.

Craigy
Jun 24th, 2007, 04:06 PM
And you call youself britsh??!!?!!:p

it will be interesting..anne has played on that court before so JJ will be the one choking...GO ANNE!

anyway..back to serena...GO SERENA!;)

British players suck. I don't think Anne even has a game. :help:

serenaforever
Jun 24th, 2007, 08:43 PM
GO SERENA!

Slutiana
Jun 24th, 2007, 08:43 PM
British players suck. I don't think Anne even has a game. :help:

:o

cant wait 4 serena...i hope cavaday finishes martina off quickly coz i cant wait

serenaforever
Jun 24th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Good luck to Serena!!
hopefully she avoids that Graveyard of champions curse!
which is total bs cuz Wimbledon purposely puts struggling former champions who they think will lose on that court.

I sure hope so.

Il Primo!
Jun 24th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Wimbledon has to upgrade Serena! She's not the race of the players playing in the Court 2!
Anyways, I hope she kills the match tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing her outfit too. Good luck Serena! :yeah::bounce:

Vaidisova
Jun 25th, 2007, 01:32 AM
Serena shouldn't have many problems tomorrow in her first match.

Good luck!

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 25th, 2007, 03:12 AM
will everyone be here to cheer her on?? I will :D predicting a 6-3 6-1 scoreline...something of that nature

SJW
Jun 25th, 2007, 06:36 AM
Come on, while I'm surprised Jankovic gets Centre Court billing she IS playing a Brit so the organizers probably thought to get that out of the way.
If anything I think they are more than confident in Serena's abilities. She'll get centre the next match, and Court 1 the match after. I'd prefer to have Court 2 first round than against Molik (if she gets there) in R2 or Hantuchova in R4 for example. Then I really WOULD be mad :p

Jun 25th, 2007, 07:10 AM
Serena 6-1 6-2? Yum.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 25th, 2007, 07:32 AM
1, 1, and done ;)

Il Primo!
Jun 25th, 2007, 09:58 AM
I predict a 60 61 with only 2 UEs a la 2002 first round

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 25th, 2007, 10:24 AM
I would DIE :hearts::inlove::lol:

Craigy
Jun 25th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Pretty easy first set, very easy 2nd.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 25th, 2007, 10:43 AM
IF she gets to play today :rolleyes::o

f'ing rain

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 25th, 2007, 11:02 AM
fuck this, I'm not staying up anymore :lol:

I know Serena'll win, I'm going to bed :wavey:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 25th, 2007, 11:24 AM
LOL LOL I wanna see tennis!!! all this rain!!!! this is just like Paris!!

and le xiax....wouldn't it be amazing if she did that :drool:

winone23
Jun 25th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Good luck on your first match Serena!!

Stamp Paid
Jun 25th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Anybody know if Oracene is there?

Craigy
Jun 25th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Didn't like what I saw there. Hopefully Richard has another long talk with her and gets her being far more aggressive.

Il Primo!
Jun 25th, 2007, 05:23 PM
LOL LOL I wanna see tennis!!! all this rain!!!! this is just like Paris!!

and le xiax....wouldn't it be amazing if she did that :drool:

A pity Serena doesn't agree:o I didn't see her today but by reading your reports, it seems like she's not agressive enough, a la RG.
She didn't have this attitude before, I still didn't figure out the reason of those low starts. Laziness?:confused:

Nervermind, as Craig said, I'm sure Richie is going to motivate her, hopefully. She's getting too kind and friendly, it's not good for her game :o :p

Jun 25th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Agreed. She needs a talk with Richard to get her fired up. A very mediocre, bland start. Nowhere near aggressive enough.

Vaidisova
Jun 25th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Serena won 7-5 6-0 and is into the R2.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 25th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Serena wins 7-5 6-0 :D ....didn't move all that good though...looks like there may be something to the hamstring problem cause it seems to have affected her serve as well...great job nonetheless....was 5-4 down in the 1st and never looked back

Jun 25th, 2007, 06:53 PM
I'm worried. :sobbing:

Il Primo!
Jun 25th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Serena wins 7-5 6-0 :D ....didn't move all that good though...looks like there may be something to the hamstring problem cause it seems to have affected her serve as well...great job nonetheless....was 5-4 down in the 1st and never looked back

:scared:

starin
Jun 25th, 2007, 07:46 PM

i agree. her movement also was not that good. I don't think she'll win Wimbledon this year but I do hope she makes it to the quarters at least and gives Henin a battle this time. not fade away like she did at the French.

The way I look at is that this is part II of her career. I remember watching TTC WS Unstringed (or whatever its called..lol) and their agent Carlos said that part I of the WS career is over. Ended in 2006 and that from 2007 this is the second arc of their career. Serena has won her first slam and I think she'll struggle againts Henin (like she did againt Capriati in multiple slam QF) and gradually get more and more fit and faster. My hope is by next year after playing all this season she will be much fitter and faster and start to win slams again and begin her domination of the tour. Vamos Serena!!

Oh and good luck againt Molik!! don't lose to the chick who has lost to Melanie SOuth and Vania King on grass!!!!

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 25th, 2007, 08:26 PM
I hope the day off will help to cure the hammy and she'll be up for a straightaway dispatch of Alicia :yeah:

Go Ree :bounce:

tennisjunky
Jun 25th, 2007, 09:32 PM
how many greats can play crappy and still win the second set 6-0? ok so she's off, but she must have done something right. one match never has anything to do with the next so if she's healthy i wouldnt worry so much.

great job taking care of business today serena!

SJW
Jun 25th, 2007, 10:37 PM
SJW comes bearing gifts :D
Don't say I never bring y'all nothin.
Who jams her way into getting tickets for centre court, but instead chooses to spend 90% of her time on her damn feet claiming her territory on the standing area of court 2?
Who goes to south west London looking like a million dollars yet won't move when it starts to rain because she knows it will be hard to get back up to the free standing once Serena comes back? :mad:
I took more pictures but they all suck because I was cold and wet and miserable today and couldn't really be bothered. I was longing for my scarf and gloves in soon-to-be-july
Anyway it's good to see Serena back on the green stuff. She will need to improve against Molik, who played really well today :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/SJW/serena4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/SJW/serena5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/SJW/serena6.jpg

Bless Serena...she's really popular here...everyone was cheering for her :D She stopped to sign autographs as she left court two where she was basically swamped. :D

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 25th, 2007, 10:58 PM
:sobbing: Thanks so much :hug:

Ok, you have share Rafa with me :wavey:

dulkogii
Jun 26th, 2007, 12:11 AM
come on serenaaaaaaaa!

StarDuvallGrant
Jun 26th, 2007, 02:40 AM
I love the love she receives at Wimbledon.

Sir Stefwhit
Jun 26th, 2007, 03:17 AM
Personally I wouldn't put too much stock into anyone one match, especially with Serena. We've been watching her play for over 10 years now and it's like some of us still haven't learned anything. Serena runs hot and cold, love it hate, whatever, that's just the way it is. In 2002 (Wimby) she battled to beat Els Callens 7-6,7-6, not exactly the score one when think of for Serena vs. Els on grass, nonetheless she went on to win that year. What about against Loit @2003 Australian, again not her best match and a pretty scarry start, but again she went on to win. Now I'm not saying that she's going to win this year, just that it's too early to be concerned. I know her draw is tough, but let's not forget she is Serena Williams.

SJW,
Thanks for the great photos. Mark my words, one day I'll be sitting with you on center court cheering our beloved Serena on- maybe next year. Till then hold down the fort and represent for us Serena fans.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 26th, 2007, 04:39 AM
SJW,
Thanks for the great photos. Mark my words, one day I'll be sitting with you on center court cheering our beloved Serena on- maybe next year. Till then hold down the fort and represent for us Serena fans.

I hope there's room for another :wavey: ;)

Jun 26th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Thanks so much for that SJW. :hearts: :yeah: :D :kiss:

Stamp Paid
Jun 26th, 2007, 08:35 AM
LMAO@that rep Reggie. :rolls:

Olórin
Jun 26th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Lead on the cheers for Serena SJW :yeah:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 26th, 2007, 01:59 PM
you're so lucky...I wanna go too :hysteric: did you get her autograph?

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 26th, 2007, 02:58 PM
LMAO@that rep Reggie. :rolls:

It's my song that I sing to myself whenever I see him. Now my *ahem* friend has caught onto it, and he always asks me, "Are you gonna leave me for Roger this week?" :lol::rolls: GOD that man OOZES SEX :lol:

In the words of Alexyss, he could DEFINITELY share some "encoded" information with me via heat seeking missile :lol:

winone23
Jun 26th, 2007, 03:45 PM
I like Serena's outfit it looks cute on her.

SJW
Jun 26th, 2007, 05:00 PM
I love the love she receives at Wimbledon.

Me too, although it IS kinda strange. For example, most other places if the opponent served for the set, the crowd would be right behind the opponent. When Domingues-Lino broke, there was an element of panic and disappointment from the crowd. It was funny, especially as I tend to not make any noise during live matches and just sit and observe. What makes it funny is there are some people who try to make out that they don't really like her, yet put themselves in extreme danger to just get her autograph. If I see Hantuchova or Henin, I just walk straight past them.

You're welcome guys. Hopefully I'll be in a better mood to take pictures at the beginning of next week :wavey:

Vaidisova
Jun 26th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Serena plays Molik first up on Court 1 tomorrow.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 26th, 2007, 09:30 PM
:D that's great.....if it rains she doesn't have to wait on anyone to play.....hope she plays better than the 1st match

starin
Jun 26th, 2007, 10:54 PM
:D that's great.....if it rains she doesn't have to wait on anyone to play.....hope she plays better than the 1st match

me too. Venus already gave me a hear attack. I hope Serena puts in a nice solid performance and win. Good Luck Serena!!!

Stamp Paid
Jun 27th, 2007, 04:09 AM
So glad Oracene is here. I believe Oracene does for Serena what Richard used to do for Venus.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 27th, 2007, 05:12 AM
yeah, I'm VERY glad that Oracene is there :yeah:

darrinbaker00
Jun 27th, 2007, 06:12 AM
yeah, I'm VERY glad that Oracene is there :yeah:
Oracene, Shmoracene! Everyone, AND THE ROCK MEANS EVERYONE, knows that Isha is the REAL difference-maker! ;)

Il Primo!
Jun 27th, 2007, 11:26 AM
I don't know why, I love Oracene too! As you all said, it's good to see her there, she's a tough one! I remember at the 05OZ when Serena played like shit to defeat Petrova, Ms Price grabbed Rena and threatened "Things can be like that anymore"(kind of, actually I'm translating from the french :p ). Then Serena trained hard and won the tournament.

Oracene :hearts:

Vaidisova
Jun 27th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Serena won 7-6 6-3 and is into the 3rd round :D

LDF
Jun 27th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Serena :clap2:

Certainly an improvement on her first round performance. She did well to fight back from 1-4 in the first, as Alicia was serving well and giving Serena fits with her slice backhand.

Nice to see 10 aces from Serena :yeah:

She was very emotional on court again :p

Craigy
Jun 27th, 2007, 03:03 PM
So glad she found her serve :worship:
Movement needs to improve, especially to the forehand side.

SerenaSlam_1
Jun 27th, 2007, 03:16 PM
next opponent she juss got beat in three sets to m. sequera...so this is great news

PatrickRyan
Jun 27th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Serena really needs to step it up if she wants to beat Justine. But great serving today from Serena :worship:

starin
Jun 27th, 2007, 03:26 PM
i wish she would stop hitting with so much topspin all the time. Her ground strokes overall aren't nearly as penetrating or hit nearly as hard as she can hit the ball. If molik can get to most of those balls guarantee that Justine will have enough time to get there and hit a good return shot. Of course once she starts going for her shots and starts flattening out her strokes/hitting them harder and starts missing I'll be complaining that she needs to hit with more spin. :tape:

Overall I just hope she can stroke the ball better. Like she was in Miami b4 the final. When she hits the ball well (i.e. harder, flatter and more penetrating) there's a nice pop sound I hear come off her racquet. I only heard that once today. Too timid and playing it too safe. Hopefully doubles helps her gain confidence in her strokes. Plus she needs to move better (if her hamstring allows it) and she needs to get down lower for some of her shots.

Il Primo!
Jun 27th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Agree with you manetee. Too much topsin in Serena's ball makes her lose her agressivity and efficacity.

Jun 27th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Much more aggressive in that 2nd set. Nice drop shots, harder hitting, better serving and dealt with Alicia's slice better. :yeah: :cool:
Allez vs Milagros!

Craigy
Jun 27th, 2007, 05:45 PM
If she struggles vs Sequera I won't be happy.
Serena needs to hit the ball like she did in Australia :worship:

Olórin
Jun 27th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Please improve Serena:sad: I'll kill myself if you lose to Justine :(

You should be playing way better than this, where's your Miami form gone:help:

starin
Jun 27th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Please improve Serena:sad: I'll kill myself if you lose to Justine :(

You should be playing way better than this, where's your Miami form gone:help:

:hug:

lol...its okay if she does lose. It's not the end of the world. She's already won a slam this year and is only 25. Look at this year as the first year of the 2nd part of her career. The first part of her career while great is over. It ended at the AO '06. Just like after she won her first USO she struggled a little to get past the QF hump. I think in the same way she lost to Capriati in the QF a few slams she will struggle with Justine for a little bit. Capriati along with Venus were the best players at that time as Justine is the best player now. She needs to find her confidence and calm her nerves. She's put a lot of pressure on herself to follow up that AO and Miami win. She just needs to work things out mentally and clear up her head of all that pressure and she wil do well again.

mentos
Jun 27th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Girlfriend made me late for work this morning.

I'm glad her play improved in the second set...but

this sh!t has got to stop!

I request one, just one drama free match...I'm tired of Hyde. Where the frig is Jekyll.

GOOD LUCK SERENA!

Olórin
Jun 27th, 2007, 06:48 PM
:hug:

lol...its okay if she does lose. It's not the end of the world. She's already won a slam this year and is only 25. Look at this year as the first year of the 2nd part of her career. The first part of her career while great is over. It ended at the AO '06. Just like after she won her first USO she struggled a little to get past the QF hump. I think in the same way she lost to Capriati in the QF a few slams she will struggle with Justine for a little bit. Capriati along with Venus were the best players at that time as Justine is the best player now. She needs to find her confidence and calm her nerves. She's put a lot of pressure on herself to follow up that AO and Miami win. She just needs to work things out mentally and clear up her head of all that pressure and she wil do well again.

Thanks :) I think you're right about the pressure she's putting on herself. It's like after Miami, she was sort of unofficially the best player in the world, then Justine reclaimed that over clay. But now in my mind Serena has to prove she's the best player again, I don't want everyone saying Justine is better:fiery:

sweetpeas
Jun 27th, 2007, 07:29 PM
How do Sequera play? I know it,must be good to get to the 3round?

starin
Jun 27th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Thanks :) I think you're right about the pressure she's putting on herself. It's like after Miami, she was sort of unofficially the best player in the world, then Justine reclaimed that over clay. But now in my mind Serena has to prove she's the best player again, I don't want everyone saying Justine is better:fiery:

who cares what everyone says. People have doubted and put down the WS from day one. And they have constantly proven themselves the best. Serena is the better player but Justine might be the better player atm. Most of these people who say Justine is the best say it because they are tennis purist and love what Justine represents. Serena on the other hand is antithetical to what they want in tennis. The only reason Sharapova/Vaidisova get byes is that they are white and vaguely pretty. Let the other people say what they will it doesn't change that Serena is 8 time slam champion and the only active to have one a slam while unseeded. That's an amazing acheivement in itself.

Olórin
Jun 27th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Very true :worship:

She needs to win though! Period.

Vaidisova
Jun 27th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Serena/Venus doubles match is scheduled 4th on Court 18 tomorrow

venusdemilo
Jun 27th, 2007, 08:14 PM

Court 18, wow, is that a show court?

Anyway, good luck girls :kiss:

Craigy
Jun 27th, 2007, 08:17 PM

Oh I'm so watching :drool:

winone23
Jun 27th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Good win Serena keep fighting!

starin
Jun 27th, 2007, 08:47 PM
is there a livestream link for that match anywhere? I'm too cheap to buy Wimbledon live just to watch the WS play doubles. it ain't worth it.

SJW
Jun 27th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Court 18, wow, is that a show court?

Anyway, good luck girls :kiss:

Yes, the biggest after Centre, Court 1 and Court 2 I believe.
Serena....meh. Play better next match :D Nice lil talk at the net between two of my favourite players :kiss:

DokicForever
Jun 27th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Good Luck Rena for the rest of the tournament!!!

Jun 27th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Allez with Venus. :D
And stop whining on court. :(

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 27th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Good win Ree! Now just get that movement together please :wavey: That was kinda :unsure: But glad that you're through without TOO much of a heart attack. :yeah:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 27th, 2007, 10:29 PM
LOL repeat of FO match...I thought it would be...hopefully Serena can steamroll on Friday after some match play in the doubles...Sequera shouldn't pose too much of a problem...but then again we didn't think LDL would either lol...

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 27th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Good win Ree! Now just get that movement together please :wavey: That was kinda :unsure: But glad that you're through without TOO much of a heart attack. :yeah:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 27th, 2007, 10:40 PM
that match was a good test for her with the slice bh and with some powerful groundies coming her way that mix up will serve her as practice for the potential QF...from what I saw she didn't do too badly...she was ok...better than the last match but Molik did play a solid match and Serena ended with 30+ winners and 18 UFE....which means she should have won like how she did at the AO final but its just testament to how well Molik was playing...she didn't shrink...she had the potential to mix it up unlike MaSha

SerenaSlam_1
Jun 28th, 2007, 12:54 AM
everyone keeps sayin how serenas movement needs to impprove her movement was good it was the best but i mean it seems as if that injury was nonexistent she ran down drop shots n all of that....even mary jo commented on her superb movement...

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 28th, 2007, 12:04 PM
yea she did...there was one rally where she was out of camera shot and out of the court then ran back down the next shot...her fitness has improved..so has her movement

Olórin
Jun 28th, 2007, 12:50 PM
everyone keeps sayin how serenas movement needs to impprove her movement was good it was the best but i mean it seems as if that injury was nonexistent she ran down drop shots n all of that....even mary jo commented on her superb movement...

Yeah she's moving really well actually. It's her ground strokes that are worrying me, she's not hitting as deep and powerfully as she should be on a consistent basis. She's hitting lots of winners, but not as many outright winners as she should be hitting.

I am being over critical though, Im sure her serve will continue to improve and hopefully her groundies will become more impressive as the tournie goes on, like in Paris.

Olórin
Jun 28th, 2007, 12:58 PM
I hope it's like Miami where she plays good but not exceptionally in the first two rounds then really turns it on for the big match :D

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 28th, 2007, 03:11 PM
well that was her first match on grass since 2005, so this should be MUCH better :yeah:

LDF
Jun 28th, 2007, 03:45 PM
The BBC did a nice interview with Serena today - she showed them contents of the handbag she carries onto court :lol:

She has a PSP and was pleased to say that she always beat Federer on it ;)

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 28th, 2007, 04:41 PM
1 and 3 :yeah: nice job team Williams :bounce:

Craigy
Jun 28th, 2007, 05:11 PM
The BBC did a nice interview with Serena today - she showed them contents of the handbag she carries onto court :lol:

:speakles: I missed it! :(

SJW
Jun 28th, 2007, 05:28 PM

:lol: Number 4 in the world from 300.
Something similar to her singles career :lol:

Craigy
Jun 28th, 2007, 06:40 PM
I hope they get playing tomorrow, but I heard the weather is meant to be crap! :(

Craigy
Jun 28th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Serena 2nd on Centre Court after Gonzalez! :D

Slutiana
Jun 28th, 2007, 07:16 PM

starin
Jun 29th, 2007, 02:05 AM
Serena 2nd on Centre Court after Gonzalez! :D

good luck Serena!! kick some butt and play your plan A agressive tennis.

winone23
Jun 29th, 2007, 03:57 AM
Good luck Serena

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 29th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Go Serena!!! what's the weather supposed to be like?? Gonzalez likes to take his sweet time playing...he's needs to move off the court let the real champion play :)

Slutiana
Jun 29th, 2007, 05:00 PM
yay....she won the first 6-1 with a nice volley....go rena:D

Vaidisova
Jun 29th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Serena won 6-1 6-0 :D

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 29th, 2007, 05:20 PM
yea!!!!!!!!!!! exactly the type of match she needed...whoever is next...watch out ;)

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 29th, 2007, 05:21 PM
btw 27 winners 11 UFE...82% winning on 1st serve 64% winning on 2nd serve...6 aces no df

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 29th, 2007, 05:24 PM
and btw....43 mins!!!!!!

venusdemilo
Jun 29th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Serena crushed that poor girl. No mercy! That's what I like to see... but thanks to Blake and Gonzo, I didn't see a shot.

SJW
Jun 29th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Serena was awesome today :D Hopefully she keeps it up :yeah:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 29th, 2007, 06:40 PM
:woohoo: Great stuff from Ree! She's REALLY rounding into form :bounce:

StarDuvallGrant
Jun 29th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Good match by Serena. I'm hoping she keeps this up and continues to step it up each round. Wimbledon is hers really.

Craigy
Jun 29th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Much much better today. Great serving again :drool:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 29th, 2007, 07:38 PM
She really played like a Wimbledon Champ today :worship: She didn't need anything CLOSE to her best, but she still put on a good show :yeah:

starin
Jun 29th, 2007, 07:51 PM
She really played like a Wimbledon Champ today :worship: She didn't need anything CLOSE to her best, but she still put on a good show :yeah:

yeah it was good today. But really Sequera was unable to challenge Serena even a little bit on grass. Serena's groundstrokes were very penetrating this match (2nd set) finally. Good luck against Hantuchova!!
I'm really nervous about that match for some reason. Hantuchova is having her best year on tour since 2001/2002. And she's beaten Serena before so she'll have that confidence going. but Vamos Serena!!

Il Primo!
Jun 29th, 2007, 07:52 PM
I saw her. I enjoyed it :drool: Daniela isn't even a threat.

Il Primo!
Jun 29th, 2007, 07:53 PM
yeah it was good today. But really Sequera was unable to challenge Serena even a little bit on grass. Serena's groundstrokes were very penetrating this match (2nd set) finally. Good luck against Hantuchova!!
I'm really nervous about that match for some reason. Hantuchova is having her best year on tour since 2001/2002. And she's beaten Serena before so she'll have that confidence going. but Vamos Serena!!

When Serena weighted 39855567446888888888886552445 kilos. Yeah, right:o

supergrunt
Jun 29th, 2007, 09:40 PM
People are getting too exciting. She did her job. That's all. :shrug:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 29th, 2007, 10:23 PM
When Serena weighted 39855567446888888888886552445 kilos. Yeah, right:o

exactly, and she STILL almost pushed it to a third.

SJW
Jun 29th, 2007, 11:53 PM

What do you think a support thread is for? Smart up.

Craigy
Jun 30th, 2007, 12:01 AM
First of all the word is EXCITED.
Secondly, no we aren't :weirdo: I can't believe this is coming from the one who is like "SERENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" in some thread titles.

winone23
Jun 30th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Great win Serena!! I hope the show the Williams doubles match.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 30th, 2007, 12:46 AM
The dubs match is up 3rd on Court 13, and Vee has the first match on Court 2. I dunno :unsure: I hope she's not too tired, but I think they should still be able to handle AMG and VRP

supergrunt
Jun 30th, 2007, 03:22 AM
What do you think a support thread is for? Smart up.

o

:p YEAH SERENA GOOD JOB WHOAH YEAH :aparty: :bounce: :dance: :crazy:

Stamp Paid
Jun 30th, 2007, 03:41 AM
I still can't believe supergrunt had the nerve to bring his ass into the Serena forum.

PatrickRyan
Jun 30th, 2007, 07:08 AM
What a great win today from Serena :yeah: Very impressive :)
Good luck in doubles tomrrow :bounce:
Dani will be a tough apponent, she's been playing really well so far this year and tournament, but Serena will pull it out in 2.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 30th, 2007, 08:09 AM
I think Ree should win it 4 and 2 or some combination of 6 games or less. :yeah: No less than 10 though :unsure:

and I think dubs should be a straightaway affair :yeah:

Mina Vagante
Jun 30th, 2007, 08:55 AM
serena played well within herself, there wern't too many violent 'cmons' but still was dictating every point. serve was on and she hit very few silly errors. haha the crowd were gasping at every winner and aces she hit :D

Jun 30th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Well done, Serena! ;) :yeah: :D Very good match. Now time to destroy Daniela. :angel:

Il Primo!
Jun 30th, 2007, 10:56 AM
We have to wait until Monday to see Serena vs Dani :( Way too long :o
She and her sister will beat AMG and VRP IMO, especially on grass ;)

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 30th, 2007, 11:03 AM
yeah, this will be fun to watch :lol:

and since it's on NBC, they should show the match

Il Primo!
Jun 30th, 2007, 11:08 AM
I only saw play once together. It was the 02 OZ final against VRP and Suarez. Even their outfits were matching to each other. And yes, it was fun indeed, especially since Team Williams won this final :)

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 30th, 2007, 01:12 PM
'03? :scratch:

Craigy
Jun 30th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Yeah 2003 Australian Open final.

Il Primo!
Jun 30th, 2007, 01:23 PM
My bad, it was 03 indeed and Serena Slam ;) (I have to admit I was supporting Venus and that loss hurt badly :o )

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 30th, 2007, 01:38 PM
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/506/12003-ausopen428.jpg http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/506/12003-ausopen435.jpg :hearts:

StarDuvallGrant
Jun 30th, 2007, 08:19 PM
serena played well within herself, there wern't too many violent 'cmons' but still was dictating every point. serve was on and she hit very few silly errors. haha the crowd were gasping at every winner and aces she hit :D

I especially loved that part. How well Serena played within herself and was intense - she's aware things will get harder and she needs to tighten things up a bit.

Jun 30th, 2007, 08:50 PM
I'm very excited. She's playing better and more intense.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 30th, 2007, 09:09 PM
That NBC interview :drool:

She's gonna KICK SOME ASS!

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:29 PM
I think her nervousness in the first 2 rds was because she wasn't sure about her hamstring but I think now that it has stopped hurting her as she said she's able to do things more freely instead of worrying about it....unfortunately my summer job starts tomorrow so no tennis for me :( but I will be following it online :)

Il Primo!
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:26 PM
Serena is in pain. It seems to be serious.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:30 PM
What a FIGHTER! :sobbing:

Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:38 PM
I have never been so happy with rain before in my life.
Hopefully it lasts until the end of the day! :angel: :o
Serena...Just what a champion.

LindsayRulz
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:39 PM
OMG it's hard to watch :sad: at least it stated rainning.

Il Primo!
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:39 PM
I'm kind of relieved! She doesn't deserve this. Hopefully rain arrived! Rain is gonna save Rena like it saved Venus in 2003 against Kim Kong...I hope so :scared:

That sucks.. I was thinking about that two days ago, don't ask me why...

Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:41 PM
That ace to get to a tiebreak...
I just love her so much. :sobbing:

Craigy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:00 PM
Serena is such a fighter :awww:

Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:07 PM
Allez.

StarDuvallGrant
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:54 PM
Sucks. I'm at work and the it's just as bad reading the responses as it is taking note of a match by scoreboard.

venusdemilo
Jul 2nd, 2007, 06:07 PM
Who here was bawling their eyes out when Serena went to the ground? I know I was. :sad:

Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:24 PM
Amazing.
:bigcry:

Slutiana
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:31 PM
Amazing.
:bigcry:

Just Amazing

tennisjunky
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:47 PM
no words left to describe this woman!