serenaforever
Jun 3rd, 2007, 04:55 PM
This was Rena's strongest match so far.
She's going to need an awesome display to beat
Henin (assuming Henin is not upset). What
did you guys think of today's match?

RichyRena
Jun 3rd, 2007, 08:04 PM
Hmm yeah I think she gave her best performace so far in the tournament, but she was helped alot by safina's UFE and sloppy play and IMO players who play the williams sisters if they make alot of UFE it usually allows the sisters to win easly. But I was scared when serena fell over, it was a nasty fall but im glad she is ok, any news on that fall? her fitness is improving alot which is great :D her return of serve today was pretty good and hitting the ball deep worked really well. She does have a really good shot at JH becuase I dont think she has been playing that well, also she is yet to face a real challenge in the draw. I just really hope she makes it all the way.

serenaforever
Jun 3rd, 2007, 11:31 PM
I also noticed that Serena's movement was superb today...

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 4th, 2007, 12:20 PM
she definitely moved better today...she does need to keep the ball deep....I realised in the santangelo match when mara hit the ball flat and deep she got short balls back from JH but was never able to hit winning shots...she kept the ball deep against safina and it forced her to play defense the whole match...attacking the 2nd serve was also very good...the fact that she was waiting INSIDE the baseline..even the kickers up to Serena backhand didn't work cause she took the ball so early and flattened it out...the variation she showed as well with hitting some angled forehands cross court....the slice backhand at times not often enough imo cause she was able to get it deep and force safina to play defense....the drop shot she hit was excellent....net play is also good...she has to choose her chances at the right time and when she gets bp chances she needs to take them all...keep in her comfort zone and do nothing outside of it....good match today and I hope she continues tomorrow

Olórin
Jun 4th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Up the court, up the court, up the court Serena :D That's the way to finish Henin :D Keep those UEs down and don't come out nervous like you did in Miami :rolleyes: And you will be able to do this....

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 4th, 2007, 01:22 PM
I think Serena will be less nervous because its clay...that's why I think this match plays more into her hands in terms of expectations

serenaforever
Jun 4th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Hopefully Serena comes out firing and pulls this out. If she keeps down the UE's and hits deep shots to Henin, she should be okay.