PDA

View Full Version : EastBourne To Be Wild

goldenlox
May 31st, 2007, 08:22 PM
Get your motor running. Head out on the highway..:drive: :banana: :music: :rocker2: :rocker: :banana:

Petrova signs up for Eastbourne
http://www.lta.org.uk/NR/rdonlyres/290544F2-95CD-470E-AB82-CCD4703CE505/0/NadiaPetrova140.jpg
World No.12 Nadia Petrova from Russia will be among the tennis stars competing at this year’s International Women’s Open in Eastbourne from 18-23 June.

The 24-year-old had a fantastic season in 2006, winning five Tour titles and climbing to No.3 in the world.
She has had a solid start to the 2007 season, winning her seventh career title in Paris in February. Having withdrawn from last year’s Eastbourne event with a hip injury she will be making her Devonshire Park debut this year.
Nadia will join world No.1 and defending champion Justine Henin, world No.3 Svetlana Kuznetsova and world No.5 and defending Wimbledon champion Amelie Mauresmo in the main draw of the event.
International Women’s Open Tournament Director Gavin Fletcher said: “It is great news that we will have another top 20 player battling it out at this year’s International Women’s Open.
“The field is incredibly strong this year and there is sure to be some really exciting tennis to watch throughout the tournament.
“With Henin, Mauresmo and Kuznetsova already confirmed it is a fantastic opportunity to watch some of the world’s very best female athletes.”

goldenlox
Jun 1st, 2007, 11:20 AM
The field is incredible strong this year and there is sure to be some really exciting tennis to watch throughout the tournament.
"With Justine Henin, Amelie Mauresmo and Svetlana Kuznetsova already confirmed it is a fantastic opportunity to watch some of the world's very best female athletes."
Tickets are currently on sale for the International Women's Open which offers tennis fans a fantastic opportunity to watch some of the world's finest players. Ticket information is available from the Box Office on 01323 412000. Qualifying for this year's event will take place between Saturday 16 and Monday 18 of June 2007. The main draw will be played between Monday 18 and Saturday 23 of June 2007 at Devonshire Park, Eastbourne. Each day's play will commence at 11:30am.

Chrisi
Jun 1st, 2007, 04:18 PM
I've never thought that there would be so fast so good news. It seems as if the problem with her back is not so terrible. My hopes for Wimbledon are coming back ;)

goldenlox
Jun 1st, 2007, 06:50 PM
I love the song I used for this title :drive: :banana: :music: :rocker2: :rocker: :banana:

I like smoke and lightning
Heavy metal thunder
Racin' with the wind
And the feelin' that I'm under

Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space
:banana: :banana:

Ferosh
Jun 15th, 2007, 04:22 AM
I'm going. Hopefully Nadia has sorted out her back problem. :cool:

I've never thought that there would be so fast so good news. It seems as if the problem with her back is not so terrible. My hopes for Wimbledon are coming back ;)

I've gotten confirmation from her team that the injury was not as bad as originally thought. Nadia returned to Moscow after Roland Garros to take care of personal business.

:banana: :yeah:

goldenlox
Jun 16th, 2007, 05:37 PM
(7)LI, Na vs KIRILENKO, Maria
SAFAROVA, Lucie vs GROENEFELD, Anna-Lena
DECHY, Nathalie vs MORIGAMI, Akiko
BYE vs (3)PETROVA, Nadia

(6)PEER, Shahar vs QUALIFIER
BAMMER, Sybille vs REZAI, Aravane
SUGIYAMA, Ai vs SANTANGELO, Mara
BYE vs (2)MAURESMO, Amelie

Dechy is good on grass, so this is not easy.

Chrisi
Jun 16th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Dechy is nearly always a danger for her :confused: :help: But if she'll win it draw isn't the worst!

Good luck, Nadia :)

goldenlox
Jun 17th, 2007, 09:05 PM
I'm going to see Eastbourne on tv from Thursday on.
I told Nadia on her website that I want to see her play, so she has to win her early rounds this week.

goldenlox
Jun 19th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Nadia starts with Dechy on Wednesday.

goldenlox
Jun 19th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Li is out so Nadia will probably play Bammer, if she beats Nat.
I should get the Thursday match on tv.

goldenlox
Jun 20th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Nadia and Nat are 4-4 in the first set

goldenlox
Jun 20th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Nadia won the 1st set 75. She's one set from playing Bammer

goldenlox
Jun 20th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Nadia was up 75 41, and lost 4 straight games

goldenlox
Jun 20th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Nat had a set point on her serve and Nadia broke for 75 55

goldenlox
Jun 20th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Nadia won 75 75

goldenlox
Jun 20th, 2007, 05:49 PM
The 3 afternoon QF's are on the Tennis Channel tomorow. I haven't seen the Thursday schedule yet.
Someone I know at the tournament said Nadia practiced for more than an hour with Lena D., and that Nadia didn't look happy.

Nadia will have to learn that her parents are from a different generation. They have a different perspective on things.

RR-87
Jun 20th, 2007, 06:00 PM
good win :D

Dechy plays good tennis recently so two sets win is good result.

Now take out Bammer :rocker2:

hope she wins the whole thing, Nadia needs it so much.

goldenlox
Jun 20th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Nadia's match is on tv tomorrow. I'll look to see if she's depressed. I reccommend chocolate.

cheyk
Jun 20th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Nadia will have to learn that her parents are from a different generation. They have a different perspective on things.
What do you mean with that about her parents? What´s up with them?

goldenlox
Jun 20th, 2007, 10:27 PM
I think Nadia feels her parents are still too tough on her.
I'm going to watch this match, and give my analysis of Nadia's game heading into Wimbledon.

cheyk
Jun 20th, 2007, 11:19 PM
I think Nadia feels her parents are still too tough on her.

So she is depressed?

goldenlox
Jun 20th, 2007, 11:27 PM
I don't think so. I think tennis at the highest level is a hard job, and that's all Nadia was saying.

goldenlox
Jun 20th, 2007, 11:56 PM
I hope that's true.

Foot's Fingers
Jun 21st, 2007, 10:15 AM
Good win over Dechy who has beat Momo on this surface as i remember

Good Luck vs Bammer today

Chrisi
Jun 21st, 2007, 10:36 AM
I hope this post is true...can't imagine a tour without Nadia.
Good luck against Bammer today. Hopefully an intersting match :rolleyes:

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 12:48 PM
Nadia is on court now

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 12:54 PM
Bad forehand error on the 2nd point. She should have been more under control. Not getting her 1st serves in.
Bammer is starting slowly

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 12:57 PM
Sloppy forehand down the line in game 2. Nadia is moving well. Bammer held with some 1st serves. Nadia is too close to the baseline on her returns, she should stand further back.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 01:03 PM
Nadia holds easily. When her first serve goes in, she has too much for Bammer.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 01:05 PM
Nadia missing some easy down the line shots on both sides. Bammer held, but Nadia had plenty of chances. Too many ue's that game.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 01:09 PM
Nadia held, but she needs more first serves against better players. Maybe go to body, or down the center, but too many second serves.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 01:12 PM
Big ue on 2nd serve return at 15-30, then another bad return, and another. Nadia awful on serve returns so far.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 01:22 PM
Bad forehand ue at 15-40, still a bp. Then another. Nadia is not playing well. Bammer is not a grass court player

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 01:26 PM
Now Nadia is close to losing this set. Bammer is much smarter tactically than Nadia.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 01:36 PM
Awful error at 5-5 0-15. Bammer just plays a clay court match, and waits for Nadia's errors.
0-40
Nadia came back to hold for 6-5, but this level is below what she was playing in the 2005 Wimbledon QF

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 01:43 PM
After the match I'm going to count how many serve return errors Nadia made. She is standing too close, she's always handcuffed.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 01:48 PM
Nadia should forget about serve and volley, she's really isn't comfortable there.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 01:53 PM
Nadia has played very clutch on key points, 6-6 in tiebreak.
But Nadia comes to net at the wrong times. I'll have to watch this match a few times more
Nadia loses the first set.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 02:00 PM
Nadia will lose in 2 sets unless she figures out she has to return the serve, not crowd the line.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 02:05 PM
The one thing Nadia has done well is not be mentally down. She's playing a poor tactical match, but she's still competing. She hasn't given up and started overhitting everything.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 02:09 PM
Nadia is a better clay courter than Bammer, and a better grass court player. But while Bammer plays steady, Nadia throws away points with wild misses.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 02:18 PM
The linespeople stink here. Nadia was broken, and now she's starting to fall apart mentally.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 02:22 PM
Nadia finally got a break. So she hasn't lost it mentally. Win this set, and she should win the match.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 02:38 PM
Nadia had a bp, but again, she's not playing smart. Don't chip and charge on such a big point as that deuce

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 02:46 PM
Nadia is serving at 4-5, it's hold or lose.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 02:49 PM
Nadia played a good game there, for 5-5. Still in trouble.
Another huge game for a break. Now Nadia is playing smart and being accurate.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 02:56 PM
Nadia just played 3 super games. She waited until she was almost out, then suddenly, she plays like a champion.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 02:58 PM
Nadia called for the trainer. This has been a long match. This seems like the right pecs, which are taped.
Now Nadia is lying on her stomach. She might as well retire. You want to be healthy next week

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 03:07 PM
Starting to get sloppy again in set 3

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 03:15 PM
Nadia called the trainer again.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 03:34 PM
This match totally turned at 45 in the second. Nadia, being mentally tough, just took control.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 03:44 PM
Nadia getting sloppy againg. That swinging volley at 52 30-15, you cannot miss that.
Bammer is a great competitor.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 03:55 PM
A 3 hour match. I don't know how they do it. I got tired watching it.

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 04:41 PM
Nadia will probably play Amelie, who will serve and volley. Nadia will have to get her first serves in, and hold.
It's most important to leave Eastbourne healthy. You want to play Wimbledon, not miss it 2 years in a row.

cheyk
Jun 21st, 2007, 05:08 PM
Thanks goldenlox with the comments

Chrisi
Jun 21st, 2007, 07:29 PM
Nevertheless a great fight. Perhaps she needs matches like that to get her confidence back!

Good luck against Amelie!

goldenlox
Jun 21st, 2007, 08:31 PM
I thought Nadia's big problem today was returning serve. She has to be better vs Amelie. Today was a hard day, if Nadia withdraws from tomorrow's match, I would understand. Very hard work today.

Lovesunair
Jun 21st, 2007, 09:05 PM
Today was a hard day, if Nadia withdraws from tomorrow's match, I would understand. Very hard work today.
i don't think she will :) She watched Amelie's match today, and she said before that "it would be nice to play here with someone from top 10" - so great chance to try :)

Foot's Fingers
Jun 22nd, 2007, 10:10 AM
Momo next

Both not on theirs best

Go Nadia!!!

Foot's Fingers
Jun 22nd, 2007, 10:10 AM
i don't think she will :) She watched Amelie's match today, and she said before that "it would be nice to play here with someone from top 10" - so great chance to try :)

Yes I noticed this as well NAdia was looking for her next opponent

Hope she is healthy

goldenlox
Jun 22nd, 2007, 01:23 PM
Nadia is not playing well so far today, Amelie has a set point at 5-2

goldenlox
Jun 22nd, 2007, 01:32 PM
Nadia got a let cord to give her a break point at 5-3, but just missed her next shot. Another bp. A 3rd bpAmelie df's and Nadia is back on serve 45

goldenlox
Jun 22nd, 2007, 01:36 PM
Nadia played an awful game at 45 and was broken at 15, down 46

goldenlox
Jun 22nd, 2007, 01:40 PM
Nadia just retired from the match.

RR-87
Jun 22nd, 2007, 03:21 PM
i hope it's not serious. I was watching the whole match and was just away for a minute after srt point and when I came back Nadia already retired. I hope Nadia just thinks ahead of Wimbledon ;)

Ferosh
Jun 22nd, 2007, 03:54 PM
Henin, Mauresmo advance at Eastbourne

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070622/ap_on_sp_te_ga_su/ten_eastbourne_3
29 minutes ago

EASTBOURNE, England - Defending champion Justine Henin needed less than an hour to beat Marion Bartoli 6-1, 6-3 Friday to reach the final of the Eastbourne International. She will face Amelie Mauresmo, who advanced when Nadia Petrova retired with an injury after losing the first set 6-4.

The top-seeded Henin broke serve immediately to go up 2-0 in the first set, and then hit a backhand winner down the line to earn a second break for 5-1. Henin served out for the set, holding off the only break point she faced in the match when Bartoli made a backhand error.

"I had a very good first set," Henin said. "I played very consistent and could move her a lot, and then I lost a little bit my intensity for a few games."

Bartoli offered more resistance in the second set behind a strong serve and tied Henin at 3-3 before the top-ranked Belgian won the last three games.

Henin clinched the win on her second match point, when Bartoli's backhand sailed long.

Mauresmo was in control throughout the first set, breaking for 4-2 when her opponent netted a backhand volley.

"I'm here to play sets and matches so it would probably have been good to have another set, but I just take it the way it is," Mauresmo said. "I'm definitely happy about the way I played. I have still to work on the serve, but overall I'm happy to be on the grass and having the opportunity to maybe get another title."

Petrova hurt her pectoral muscle during Thursday's quarterfinal against Sybille Bammer. She said she felt pain when she served and did not want to risk further damage before Wimbledon, which begins Monday.

"This morning I had a difficult time warming up," she said. "I couldn't do any serves."
------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure she'll be fine for Wimbledon. Rest up as much as you can Nadia; and please, no excessive workout routines.

Chrisi
Jun 22nd, 2007, 04:08 PM
I think it wasn't so worse. Just a tactic for Wimbledon. Hopefully she'll be totally fit there and play some awesome matchtes :rolleyes:

Fight Nadia :hearts:

Lovesunair
Jun 22nd, 2007, 10:14 PM
Nadia looked not bad in match with Mauresmo, she had some good volleys and her serve wasn't bad. It's right decision to withdraw

Take a some rest and good luck!

Chrisi
Jun 23rd, 2007, 11:30 AM
Her serve became defnitely stronger than in the last matches at the last tournaments!