PDA

View Full Version : Elena Baltacha and her latest injury

Paul Hayman
May 26th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Does anyone know what is now wrong with Britain's Elena Baltacha? She was apparently recently playing in a tournament in Changwon Korea and had to pull out. It is reported in sportinglife.com, however they don't say what the injury was.

Any ideas anyone? Any idea how long it will be before she's back to fitness? Will she make Wimbledon?

Farina Elia Fan
May 26th, 2007, 08:50 PM
no sorry - but i expect she will be back for the grass :wavey:

Mforensic
May 27th, 2007, 03:31 PM
She is on list the list for Surbiton.......I beleive after playing match after match it would be muscle fatigue.

Europe rocks
May 27th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Hoping it is just fatigue. She needs to get plenty of rest after 3 tough weeks in Korea. The only other player who could have been as active as her over that time would be Jankovic :tape:

Paul Hayman
May 28th, 2007, 08:01 PM
If it's muscle fatigue surely she could have recovered sufficiently to play in the qualifying rounds for the french. How long does it take a professional athelete to recover - even if they are British!

Paul Hayman
May 28th, 2007, 08:03 PM
How long does it take a British player to recover from muscle fatigue? Surely even a Brit would have had sufficient time to recover for the qualifying rounds of the French?

Mforensic
May 28th, 2007, 09:30 PM
How long does it take a British player to recover from muscle fatigue? Surely even a Brit would have had sufficient time to recover for the qualifying rounds of the French?

Ummmm...the red clay is not her best surface. I think she would rather prep herself for the grass season and save her SR for a surface she can make an impact on.

aimeeuk
May 29th, 2007, 02:41 PM
:D When I read the topic title I thought she was re-injured. Thankfully it seems not good luck on the grass Elena.

Mforensic
May 30th, 2007, 12:23 AM
She's good for Surbiton!

LCS
May 31st, 2007, 12:39 AM
a surface she can make an impact on.

She can't even make a impact on a piece of butter! Baltacha can barely win matches on grass and hard...so...

Paul Hayman
Jun 2nd, 2007, 04:06 PM
:D When I read the topic title I thought she was re-injured. Thankfully it seems not good luck on the grass Elena.

I started this thread because it was reported on Sportinglife.com that she was re-injured. It is just conjecture that she is not. No-one seems to know for certain one way or the other as far as I can see. Anyway its all moot; being a Brit there's probably not much difference in the standard of her play when she's injured to when she's not. She'd have still gone out in the first of second round of the qualies.

McDonalds are missing useful staff (like Baltacha, Keothovong and co.) that are instead being subsidised by the LTA to go on a world tour for ten years. Wasters.

Farina Elia Fan
Jun 2nd, 2007, 10:16 PM
I started this thread because it was reported on Sportinglife.com that she was re-injured. It is just conjecture that she is not. No-one seems to know for certain one way or the other as far as I can see. Anyway its all moot; being a Brit there's probably not much difference in the standard of her play when she's injured to when she's not. She'd have still gone out in the first of second round of the qualies.

McDonalds are missing useful staff (like Baltacha, Keothovong and co.) that are instead being subsidised by the LTA to go on a world tour for ten years. Wasters.

how about you play them and see how poor they are?

Baltacha has beaten many good players like Coetzer and Srebotnik - how many players can say they reached a 3rd round of a major.

Keothavong has been our most consistant player for ages - I strongly believe had she not injured her knee a couple of years ago she would be top 100

Slutiana
Jun 3rd, 2007, 08:32 AM
how about you play them and see how poor they are?

Baltacha has beaten many good players like Coetzer and Srebotnik - how many players can say they reached a 3rd round of a major.

Keothavong has been our most consistant player for ages - I strongly believe had she not injured her knee a couple of years ago she would be top 100

and shes reached 2 remember....soon they'll both be in top 100 and that troll will be eating his words

Mforensic
Jun 4th, 2007, 10:27 AM
I beleive that Bally could have been inside the to 100 if it weren't for her injuries. There is still hope. I wouldn't listen to that fool!

Petkorazzi
Jun 4th, 2007, 08:46 PM
She beat Leanne Baker 63 76 I think

Mforensic
Jun 4th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Yes she did....so this thread is dead!