PDA

View Full Version : Roland Garros 2007

Gerben
May 25th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Misa will play Severine Bremond (31) in the first round. If she wins, she'll probably face Shenay Perry. Could she make it to the third round, she might meet Serena Williams again.

Misa's part of the draw:

Séverine Bremond FRA [31] vs. Michaëlla Krajicek NED
Olivia Sanchez FRA [WC] vs. Shenay Perry USA
Milagros Sequera VEN vs. Virginie Razzano FRA
Tszvetana Pironkova BUL vs. Serena Williams USA [8]

Good luck Misa!

By the way she's still the next one to be seeded if any seed withdraws before the schedule of play for Sundays will be released. So then she'll be somewhere else in the draw.

Dinkie
May 25th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Pfff, why don't you start with a seeded player again, Misa? That girl does not have any luck in her GS draws. Bremond certainly will be tough and has home advantage, good luck Misa, kick some French ass!!

Gerben
May 25th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Pfff, why don't you start with a seeded player again, Misa? That girl does not have any luck in her GS draws. Bremond certainly will be tough and has home advantage, good luck Misa, kick some French ass!!
She had some luck down under, and lost. I think this draw isn't that bad. I have a pretty good feeling about it (hope I'm not proven wrong next week!).

DutchieGirl
May 25th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Well I'm not entirely happy with the draw. While Bremond's at least only 31st seed, we all know what happened in Hobart, and that was on one of Misa's BETTER surfaces. Although Bremond hasn't exactly been playing well lately, Misa's been up and down all year. I think if she can beat Bremond, she has a good shot at the 3rd round. That would be nice, as then it's not so much pressure to defend all those Rosmalen points. ;)

chantie
May 26th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Good luck Misa!!!:angel:

Kick some ass in Paris!!!:devil:

dulkogii
May 27th, 2007, 10:04 PM
(1) Raymond/Stosur vs. Birnerova/Mirza
Craybas/Shvedova vs. Daniilidou/Woehr
Azarenka/Chakvetadze vs. Jans/Rosolska
Szavay/Uhlirova vs. (13) Garbin/Tu

(12) King/Kostanic Tosic vs. Gagliardi/Schiavone
Parmentier/Sanchez vs. Nakamura/Tanasugarn
Haring/Huck vs. Sun/Sun
Dechy/Mauresmo vs. (8) Medina Garrigues/Ruano Pascual

(4) Peschke/Stubbs vs. Coin/Pichet
Paszek/Zahlavova Strycova vs. Grandin/Granville
Muller/Navratilova vs. Harkleroad/Koryttseva
Morariu/Schnyder vs. (16) Camerin/Dulko

(11) Peer/Safina vs. Pennetta/Vinci
Ivanovic/Kirilenko vs. Jankovic/Li
Foretz/Pin vs. Cornet/Fedossova
Hradecka/Voracova vs. (7) Srebotnik/Sugiyama

(5) Chan/Chuang vs. Benesova/Voskoboeva
Bychkova/Obziler vs. Dominguez Lino/Parra Santonja
Johansson/Sfar vs. Rezai/Vakulenko
Gajdosova/Morigami vs. (9) Likhovtseva/Vesnina

(14) Kuznetsova/Petrova vs. Molik/Santangelo
Mattek/Stewart vs. Ehritt-Vanc/Rodionova
Bremond/Cohen-Aloro vs. Hsieh/Perry
Llagostera Vives/Martinez Sanchez vs. (3) Yan/Zheng

(6) Groenefeld/Suarez vs. Krajicek/Radwanska A
Kloesel/Razzano vs. Kudryavtseva/Laine
Cetkovsa/Safarova vs. Bondarenko/Bondarenko
Bammer/Schruff vs. (10) Husarova/Shaughnessy

(15) Dushevina/Perebiynis vs. Bartoli/Sequera
Lefevre/Vedy vs. Fedak/Kanepi
Poutchkova/Wozniak vs. Bardina/Poutchek
Loit/Pratt vs. (2) Black/Huber

Reckoner
May 27th, 2007, 11:42 PM
So Misa got bumped to first thing tomorrow which sucks because it will be like 3 or 4 in the morning here.

Good luck tomorrow.

Gerben
May 28th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Good, convincing victory by Misa! She beat Bremond 6-3 6-3 to win her first match at Roland Garros. :)
She started slow, 0-2, but then her shots were steady and Bremond started to make lots of errors.

Anyway, finally a second round at a Grand Slam again and good prospects even for a third round!

DutchieGirl
May 28th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Yep...funny what a kinder draw can do ehh? ;)

obiku
May 28th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Misa congrats :bounce:

Gerben
May 29th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Next match will be tomorrow (wednesday) against Shenay Perry. She should win that.
The match will be played at court #12. Don't know if there are camera's. If not, the NOS will probably have a camera, but I don't know if they can show it live.

DutchieGirl
May 29th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Meh - not like I can see it anyway. :(

Gerben
May 30th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Misa won first set 6-4 but lost the second 5-7. :scared:

Gerben
May 30th, 2007, 03:21 PM
But she won! 6-4 5-7 6-1. Crucial game was at 3-1 in the third set with Perry serving. Misa took the game on her 4th breakpoint and Perry's resistance was gone.

Next up: Serena Williams (probably). Good luck Misa!

DutchieGirl
May 30th, 2007, 09:07 PM
:banana:

Reckoner
May 30th, 2007, 09:39 PM
YEEEEEESSS!!!!

Awesome. What a third set there.

Elwin.
May 31st, 2007, 01:05 PM
In doubles. Misa and Aga won R1 against the as 6th seeded; Groenefeld and Suarez[6]

Michaella Krajicek/Agnieszka Radwanska def. Anna-Lena Groenefeld/Paola Suarez[6] 6-2/6-0!!

Great result girls!! :)

Gerben
May 31st, 2007, 02:43 PM
That makes three matches, three wins!

Probably tomorrow she will face Serena Williams. They first met in Rome a couple of weeks ago, where Misa lost to Serena 4-6 1-6. Hoping for a better result this time.

DutchieGirl
May 31st, 2007, 09:20 PM
:woohoo: Misa got last match - I can follow the scores after basketball! :D

Gerben
May 31st, 2007, 09:24 PM
Great for me too, because I'll be home from work by that time!
But I'm not sure it will be broadcasted though. The NOS only broadcasts till 17:50 and I doubt that Eurosport will broadcast it; they probably prefer Court Chatrier.

Gerben
Jun 1st, 2007, 06:37 PM
She lost 3-6 4-6 :sad:
But she played ok, not very good, but ok. At least it was two games better than in Rome.

Anyway, good tournament for Misa. Hopefully she can play a few more matches in doubles and then it's time for grass!

DutchieGirl
Jun 1st, 2007, 10:56 PM
Well she's had alot better tournament this year than all her previous tries. ;)

Reckoner
Jun 2nd, 2007, 04:10 AM
Well she's had alot better tournament this year than all her previous tries. ;)

Yes, I think she had a great showing this year and I hope that she will improve on that next year. However, we've got the grass tournies starting up shortly and I know she will do well there. ;)

DutchieGirl
Jun 2nd, 2007, 06:16 AM
Yes, I think she had a great showing this year and I hope that she will improve on that next year. However, we've got the grass tournies starting up shortly and I know she will do well there. ;)

It will be interesting to see how she will do at Rosmalen this year - the field was fairly strong, and if she gets a nice draw at Wimby then 3rd-4th round is totally not out of the question.

Gerben
Jun 2nd, 2007, 10:06 AM
She's playing Birmingham too, so three grass tournaments in a row. She will most likely be seeded at Wimbledon.

DutchieGirl
Jun 2nd, 2007, 11:18 PM
I know she is - I was the one who gave the info on Martijn's webpage! :p

Gerben
Jun 3rd, 2007, 08:55 AM
I know she is - I was the one who gave the info on Martijn's webpage! :p
You didn't mention Birmingham though, and as it may be important for a seeding at Wimbledon I thought I should mention it here too for those who didn't know yet (I was pretty sure you knew already ;) ).

DutchieGirl
Jun 3rd, 2007, 09:05 AM
You didn't mention Birmingham though, and as it may be important for a seeding at Wimbledon I thought I should mention it here too for those who didn't know yet (I was pretty sure you knew already ;) ).

True, but at the time I was thinking more about her defending her points (or at least some of em) at Rosmalen. ;)

Gerben
Jun 3rd, 2007, 11:16 AM
Glad we cleared that up then ;)

DutchieGirl
Jun 3rd, 2007, 11:18 AM
:yeah: ;)

chantie
Jun 3rd, 2007, 12:24 PM
Misa/Aga in 3rd round doubles!!:) :worship: They won 6-4, 6-1!!!!:D