PDA

View Full Version : Roland Garros 2007

christos
May 25th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Today we had the draw.
Lena will play with Olga Poutchkova of Russia.

Good luck!

forever_rafter
May 25th, 2007, 05:38 PM
She's number 38 in the world but hopefully Eleni will beat her.

christos
May 25th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Hope she will!

forever_rafter
May 28th, 2007, 09:44 AM
I saw the doubles draw. It's tough. 1st round is winable but in 2nd they might face number 1 seeds ...

forever_rafter
May 28th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Amigos, just saw mixed doubles draw :bounce:

1st round for our girl :

Mara Santangelo ITA
Simon Aspelin SWE
vs.
Eleni Daniilidou GRE
Jurgen Melzer AUT

it can be exciting :) I like Mara too but Eleni is my priority so pame!

christos
May 28th, 2007, 10:15 PM
With Melzer hehe

forever_rafter
May 29th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Eleni is 2nd on Court 12 on Wednesday. Good luck girl!

RayRob
May 30th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been about - new work since september so I've been pretty busy. I seems to have lost track of all things tennis this year and I aim to get back on track as of now.

I'm just watching the scoreboard for Eleni's match...she's doing ok at the moment.

Let's go!
Rache

forever_rafter
May 30th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Eleni lost 5-7,6-0,3-6 :sad: A strange result I must say. So much of doing well in singles :sad:

RayRob
May 30th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Gutted - she lost in three.

She was 3-0 up in the first and lost that set, then she won the second 6-0, and in the final set she was also 3-0 up and then lost. What's going on? I have a feeling that she was playing better than her opponant for most of the match but now and again had a wobble. Unfortunately these "wobbles" cost big time. I know she has plenty of doubles to go at, so lets hope she does well there.

The grass season is upon us and we all know she loves the grass. I'm off to the DFS Classic as always so hopefully I will see her there again.

forever_rafter
May 30th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Gutted - she lost in three.

She was 3-0 up in the first and lost that set, then she won the second 6-0, and in the final set she was also 3-0 up and then lost. What's going on? I have a feeling that she was playing better than her opponant for most of the match but now and again had a wobble. Unfortunately these "wobbles" cost big time. I know she has plenty of doubles to go at, so lets hope she does well there.

The grass season is upon us and we all know she loves the grass. I'm off to the DFS Classic as always so hopefully I will see her there again.

It's true she has still ladies doubles and mixed doubles left but it's only doubles and we wouldn't get to see her on TV even if she was in the finals...Grass is ahead, agree but she must be more consistant.

christos
May 30th, 2007, 03:56 PM
:sad: She could have won this, anyway good luck in the rest!
With Lena and Konstantinos Economidis lost in 2n round, no Greece left in main draws......:sad:

forever_rafter
May 30th, 2007, 04:48 PM
:sad: She could have won this, anyway good luck in the rest!
With Lena and Konstantinos Economidis lost in 2n round, no Greece left in main draws......:sad:

I never though a day would come on which a male Greece tennis player went further in main draw of any GS than Eleni did....

christos
May 30th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Yes, neither do I but it happened! Good for us!

guizzy
May 31st, 2007, 12:37 PM
I can't understand how can Eleni be so unstable in a match. Anyway todays she has the double match.

Court 5 - 11:00 Start
- Sophie Lefevre (FRA)/Aurelie Vedy (FRA) vs. Yuliana Fedak (UKR)/Kaia Kanepi (EST)
- Vania King (USA)[12]/Jelena Kostanic Tosic (CRO)[12] vs. Emmanuelle Gagliardi (SUI)/Francesca Schiavone (ITA)
- Nicole Pratt (AUS) vs. Lucie Safarova (CZE)[25]
- Vera Dushevina (RUS)[15]/Tatiana Perebiynis (UKR)[15] vs. Marion Bartoli (FRA)/Milagros Sequera (VEN)
- Jill Craybas (USA)/Yaroslava Shvedova (RUS) vs. Eleni Daniilidou (GRE)/Jasmin Woehr (GER)

Good luck there girl.

christos
Jun 1st, 2007, 05:37 PM
A win finally in doubles though.Lena and Woehr won, 6-1 6-4.
Well done!

forever_rafter
Jun 1st, 2007, 09:09 PM
Yep, they won :) Tough job in 2nd round doubles and 1st round mixed doubles ahead of them though.

christos
Jun 3rd, 2007, 09:31 AM
Βoth matches lost.....:-(
Doubles, 6-7 0-6 to Raymond/Stosur
Mixed,6-3 6-7(5) 1-0(9) (I dont understand what is this)

forever_rafter
Jun 3rd, 2007, 09:42 AM
Βoth matches lost.....:-(
Doubles, 6-7 0-6 to Raymond/Stosur
Mixed,6-3 6-7(5) 1-0(9) (I dont understand what is this)

Not sure how it is at GS but recently in doubles 3rd set is like a tiebreak played until 10 points (instead of 7) or two points advantage.

christos
Jun 3rd, 2007, 05:10 PM
OK, thanks forever rafter for this