PDA

View Full Version : Roland Garros Cheering Thread!

Craigy
May 25th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Serena is the 8th seed for Roland Garros. It's her first time playing here since 2004!
Here are Serena's most likely opponents:

1st round: Pironkova
2nd round: Razzano/Sequera
3rd round: Perry/krajicek/Bremond
4th round: Safina
1/4 final: Henin
1/2 final: Venus/Jankovic/Dementieva/Vaidisova
FINAL: Kuznetsova/Ivanovic

Good luck Serena!

Vaidisova
May 25th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Hopefully she will win her first 3 rounds easily because it gets tougher with (likely) Safina.

:inlove:
May 25th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Allez Serena! Nice first 4 rounds. Was hoping for Serena-Henin F, but come on Serena!!!!!!!!!!! :hearts:

MrSerenaWilliams
May 25th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Allez Ree! :rocker2:

Il Primo!
May 25th, 2007, 10:59 AM
I'm happy with her draw! Good luck Serena!:love:

archie4
May 25th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Serena has a pretty decent draw! She should be able to play herself into the tournament with some good early matches and then be ready for Safina in the 4th Round. Serena can surely beat Safina, and then she'll have a shot at Justine in the QF. This should be a GREAT match :worship: ! Starting at the quarters, all matches will be tricky, but I have a good feeling about this tournament. Serena really seems focused and wants to do well in Paris! She hasn't been a part of the Roland Garros draw for the last two years, so she wants to make a strong return.

Olórin
May 25th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Come out firing Ree:hearts: :bounce:

BuTtErFrEnA
May 25th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Let's goo0o0o0o0o Serena!!!!! :D win your 2nd title here

RichyRena
May 25th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Hmm pretty tuff draw but could be worse good luck serena!! im just worried about the Justine QF. Does anyone know why Jankovic withdrew from her Semi Match?

BuTtErFrEnA
May 25th, 2007, 05:56 PM
"gastrointestinal illness"....I'm actually happy she got JH earlier come to think of it....maybe it can work in her favour so that she doesnt let JH get into a groove

venusdemilo
May 25th, 2007, 06:34 PM
I think she has a nice draw. Shouldn't be a tough match until Safina (possibly) in the round of 16. Then the potential rubber match with Henin in the quarters. Good luck Serena!

Brooklyn90
May 25th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Best of luck Rena! :)

Becool
May 25th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Go Serena!!!!!

sweetpeas
May 25th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Best of luck,my Serena!!Just do you? Then you"ll get your 2 slam of this year!!!!!!!!!!!!I will be at your side, bitting nails and all!Have fun?

Lulu.
May 25th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Pretty good draw. Best of luck Rena :yeah:

Vaidisova
May 25th, 2007, 07:27 PM
I'm so excited for her to be playing in Paris again! I hope she plays on Sunday, but I think it is supposed to rain all week. :unsure:

aisha
May 25th, 2007, 07:59 PM
That draw is sooooo rigged for Momo! :rolleyes: :tape:

Anyways, good luck Serena! :yeah:

Sir Stefwhit
May 25th, 2007, 10:35 PM
One would think after all this time the nerves wouldn't be as bad as I already know they're going to be, but that's what it's all about. It's that excitement that only Serena can bring. I like her draw, even Justine in the QFs. It's likely that any run would have to involve a showdown with Juju and better to get her early where anything can happen and nerves aren't as big a part.

Alright me fellow Serena fans almost time to get the party officialy started!!!

Craigy
May 25th, 2007, 11:24 PM
That draw is sooooo rigged for Momo! :rolleyes: :tape:

Anyways, good luck Serena! :yeah:
She won't do anything special anyway.
Hopefully she gets to play Wozniacki in the 2nd round...Caro could so take her :lol:

serenaforever
May 26th, 2007, 01:12 AM
GO SERENA!

serenaforever
May 26th, 2007, 01:13 AM
Rena's first true test will be Henin in the quarterfinals,
assuming she is consistant and keeps the UE's to a minimum.

winone23
May 26th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Serena has a good draw, Go Serena!!!!

MrSerenaWilliams
May 26th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Come on Ree :yeah:

Mina Vagante
May 26th, 2007, 08:50 AM
i'm a bit sad that ree and juju have to meet early in a grand slam it's a match-up worthy of any final

winone23
May 26th, 2007, 09:52 AM
i'm a bit sad that ree and juju have to meet early in a grand slam it's a match-up worthy of any final

Yeah it is way too early.

serenaforever
May 26th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Serena has a good draw, Go Serena!!!!

I know, I like the draw as well.

serenaforever
May 26th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Yeah it is way too early.

I would also prefer a meeting in the later rounds,
but it will be a good match regardless. (Assuming they both make it to the quarterfinals)

Vaidisova
May 26th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Serena plays first on LENGLEN tomorrow!!!

serenaforever
May 26th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Serena plays first on LENGLEN tomorrow!!!

YES!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Vaidisova
May 26th, 2007, 02:14 PM
This means I'll have to wake up at 4 AM :lol:

-VSR-
May 26th, 2007, 02:52 PM
I'm gonna be up at 5:00 watching the live feed over the internet. The things I do for these girls. :lol:

Brooklyn90
May 26th, 2007, 04:18 PM
does anyone know a good place to get a live feed?

Vaidisova
May 26th, 2007, 04:28 PM
I think TTC will have live streaming, but I'm not sure which courts they are showing tomorrow.

http://video.tennischannel.com/schedule.jsp

SJW
May 26th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Good luck to Serena. Hopefully she'll take it match by match and not too much pressure on herself, even if her FO title is lonely :p
If she keeps the errors down and serves well, she is the favourite for the title. Being a better overall player > being a better "surface player".

RichyRena
May 26th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Good Luck Serena!!! Is her match the one on Eurosport at 10 in the UK? I just realised this is the girl who knocked out venus in AO :| hope the trend doesnt continue, I doubt it because that girls GS record is pretty poor. Must have been a one off :D

Craigy
May 26th, 2007, 06:00 PM
This means I'll have to wake up at 4 AM :lol:

Are you getting up? :p

Vaidisova
May 26th, 2007, 06:05 PM
just realised this is the girl who knocked out venus in AO :| hope the trend doesnt continue, I doubt it because that girls GS record is pretty poor. Must have been a one off :D

Since beating Venus at AO, Pironkova has only defeated 1 top 20 opponent - Anna Lena Groenefeld at Wimbledon last year. So I'm not too worried.

Are you getting up? :p

Of course. :p

SJW
May 26th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Good Luck Serena!!! Is her match the one on Eurosport at 10 in the UK? I just realised this is the girl who knocked out venus in AO :| hope the trend doesnt continue, I doubt it because that girls GS record is pretty poor. Must have been a one off :D

Serena isn't Venus.
It looks like torrential rain guys, I'm sorry to inform you that it looks like you may be waking up at unsociable hours for nothing :(

serenaforever
May 26th, 2007, 07:11 PM
GOOD LUCK, SERENA!

I'm so excited...

serenaforever
May 26th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Serena isn't Venus.
It looks like torrential rain guys, I'm sorry to inform you that it looks like you may be waking up at unsociable hours for nothing :(

Great...

BuTtErFrEnA
May 27th, 2007, 03:22 AM
I have church tomorrow morning :hysteric: so I'm supposed to get a good night's sleep...but it's my girl so I'll wake up for you and interrupt my night's sleep for you :devil:

and about the rain....are you in Paris (if so I'm so0o0o jealous and we need to be friends when you come back :lol: )?? plz don't think it's a stupid question!! LOL ....it's good that she's on first though...then she won't have to worry about others finishing their matches before her like it was at the US Open last year.. :rolleyes:

Brooklyn90
May 27th, 2007, 04:38 AM
does it start 4am central time?

dynamoRockstarr
May 27th, 2007, 05:19 AM
well i know ill b up. and the rain better stop or ill b :fiery: angry:fiery: 2 wake up 2 suspended play. well, are we sum dedicated fanz or wut. lol! My aunt will b getting 5 channels of tennis for free this weekend. i need direct tv bad!!!!

SERENA or VENUS ALL THE WAY!!!!!

Vaidisova
May 27th, 2007, 09:07 AM
US people can watch match http://video.tennischannel.com/schedule.jsp feed 1

SJW
May 27th, 2007, 10:23 AM
I have church tomorrow morning :hysteric: so I'm supposed to get a good night's sleep...but it's my girl so I'll wake up for you and interrupt my night's sleep for you :devil:

and about the rain....are you in Paris (if so I'm so0o0o jealous and we need to be friends when you come back :lol: )?? plz don't think it's a stupid question!! LOL ....it's good that she's on first though...then she won't have to worry about others finishing their matches before her like it was at the US Open last year.. :rolleyes:

No London. Was gonna go to Paris but it didn't work out in the end.
The first few days are supposed to have rain/thuunderstorms.

serenaforever
May 27th, 2007, 12:25 PM
No London. Was gonna go to Paris but it didn't work out in the end.
The first few days are supposed to have rain/thuunderstorms.

That's too bad...
I've always wanted to go to RG....

RichyRena
May 27th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Dam well Serena is fighting hard...how many set points did she save?Like 4 or 5 lol. Im just worried about which serena will come back out on court, will she be focused and hit winners straight away? or will she need to take a couple of games before finding her form, if its the 2nd one she may lose the 1st set. I saw on eurosport when they went inside richard was talking to serena, she didnt look happy at all so hopefully he has told her what to work on.

serenaforever
May 27th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Dam well Serena is fighting hard...how many set points did she save?Like 4 or 5 lol. Im just worried about which serena will come back out on court, will she be focused and hit winners straight away? or will she need to take a couple of games before finding her form, if its the 2nd one she may lose the 1st set. I saw on eurosport when they went inside richard was talking to serena, she didnt look happy at all so hopefully he has told her what to work on.

I know. I hope she comes out fighting.

-VSR-
May 27th, 2007, 02:35 PM
I kept falling back asleep as I was watching the live feed on TTC. That shit is boring to watch with no sound at all besides the announce talking after every point. So I ended up going back asleep after the rain delay and I'm glad I did.

I hope Serena comes back out ready to win. :D

Vaidisova
May 27th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Hopefully she starts off better whenever the match resumes.

Vaidisova
May 27th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Serena wins 57 61 61! She played so much better in the 2nd and 3rd sets. Good to see her picking her game up. :yeah:

MrSerenaWilliams
May 27th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Great win Ree! Nice to see her pick up her game after that break in the 2nd :yeah:

Onto the 2nd round! And I'm glad it was a 3 setter...the more practice the better :yeah: Anything to get ready for Justine :bounce:

LDF
May 27th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Serena :woohoo:

After she went a break down in the second set, her standard of play rose dramatically and she came up with some terrific winners. The conditions were extremely tough; the courts were sooo slow.

Lulu.
May 27th, 2007, 06:47 PM
She got it together in the last 2 sets and got the job done. The more court time the better :D

serenaforever
May 27th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Serena was fantastic today.
Let's hope she keeps it up!

Andy.
May 28th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Great fight back win, she really showed her class in the last two sets. Well done Ree. Great outfit too.

serenaforever
May 28th, 2007, 01:53 AM
Great fight back win, she really showed her class in the last two sets. Well done Ree. Great outfit too.

I hope she doesn't have to comeback to win
any of her other matches. I hope she's in control
for the entire match.

MrSerenaWilliams
May 28th, 2007, 05:23 AM
I'm glad the last 2 sets were easier :yeah::bounce:

Keep it up Ree!

BuTtErFrEnA
May 28th, 2007, 10:32 AM
yea with the last two sets being easier after the rain delay it was almost like she played two matches with one being tough and one being easy...and the practice she gets from it...priceless....hopefully she plays next on wednesday....I went to church and came back with her up 2-1 and watched the rest from there....so0o0o great...God is good :D praying for you in the next rd Serena :D :D

serenaforever
May 28th, 2007, 01:15 PM
I'm glad the last 2 sets were easier :yeah::bounce:

Keep it up Ree!

I know, I couldn't take the tension in the first set.
I'm glad it got easier from there.

serenaforever
May 28th, 2007, 01:17 PM
yea with the last two sets being easier after the rain delay it was almost like she played two matches with one being tough and one being easy...and the practice she gets from it...priceless....hopefully she plays next on wednesday....I went to church and came back with her up 2-1 and watched the rest from there....so0o0o great...God is good :D praying for you in the next rd Serena :D :D

I came back from church with Rena leading 5-7 3-1.
I was confused, because last time I knew, Serena wasn't doing so well,
but then she was kicking butt. I didn't get it.

winone23
May 28th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Congrats Serena!

Vaidisova
May 29th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Serena will play M.Sequera in the second round.

StarDuvallGrant
May 29th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Good luck in the next round!

Craigy
May 29th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Does anybody know how Sequera plays?

b_o_r
May 29th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Does anybody know how Sequera plays?

Counter-puncher, not a good server, good mover. Serena should win 2 and 2 or 2 and 1:)

MrSerenaWilliams
May 29th, 2007, 03:11 PM
I'm really excited that it's Sequera as opposed to Razzano...Craig got me spooked out about Virginie :scared:

b_o_r
May 29th, 2007, 04:26 PM
I'm really excited that it's Sequera as opposed to Razzano...Craig got me spooked out about Virginie :scared:

I'd rather have her face some resistance than cruise to victory. She needs to find her groove while still playing under pressure

MrSerenaWilliams
May 29th, 2007, 04:56 PM
true :shrug:

serenafan08
May 29th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Serena knows how to raise the level of her game better than anybody out there. But she's got to get out of the gates quicker if she wants to have a chance to come away with the trophy here. I'm sure she'll make the right adjustments.

Vaidisova
May 29th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Serena is the last match on Chatrier tomorrow. I hope she will be able to get her match done with!

BuTtErFrEnA
May 29th, 2007, 06:39 PM
hopefully all the matches before her finish with time enough for her to play her full match....and hopefully there isn't any rain

serenaforever
May 29th, 2007, 07:35 PM
GO SERENA!

Hope there isn't any rain...

MrSerenaWilliams
May 29th, 2007, 07:36 PM
:bounce: The forecast is looking clear so far so :yeah:

:hysteric: too bad i'll be in a meeting, and I won't be able to see the match :sad: Will anyone be taping it?

serenaforever
May 29th, 2007, 07:38 PM
:bounce: The forecast is looking clear so far so :yeah:

:hysteric: too bad i'll be in a meeting, and I won't be able to see the match :sad: Will anyone be taping it?

I'll be at school. :rolleyes:

At least there won't be any rain. :woohoo:

RichyRena
May 29th, 2007, 08:07 PM
I will be doing nothing :D so I can watch it, although at around the same time as Serena's match there is most likely rodger federer or before his match Justine Henin, So Im not sure which Eurosport Will be broadcasting :(. Same with Venus's match, Mauresmo is due to play around the same time so only time will tell, but I wish both luck :D

winone23
May 29th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Good luck Serena!

serenaforever
May 30th, 2007, 12:09 AM
I will be doing nothing :D so I can watch it, although at around the same time as Serena's match there is most likely rodger federer or before his match Justine Henin, So Im not sure which Eurosport Will be broadcasting :(. Same with Venus's match, Mauresmo is due to play around the same time so only time will tell, but I wish both luck :D

Not sure what ESPN2 will be broadcasting.....

StarDuvallGrant
May 30th, 2007, 01:24 AM
The time around everything seems so long and things are really slow. It's having a great impact on my enjoyment of the tournament.

MrSerenaWilliams
May 30th, 2007, 03:58 AM
I hope my meeting gets out so I can see my Ree :hearts:

Vaidisova
May 30th, 2007, 05:12 PM
The ESPN commentators said Serena's match has been moved to tomorrow.

Vaidisova
May 30th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Serena plays 2nd on Chatrier tomorrow.

-VSR-
May 30th, 2007, 06:17 PM
She should be first... actually she should have played today and not been last after two mens matches. :rolleyes:

urock34
May 30th, 2007, 07:08 PM
well the problem is that maria is also second so they will probably be switching around.

Olórin
May 30th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Cmon Serena double bagel tomorrow!!!

MrSerenaWilliams
May 30th, 2007, 09:19 PM
F'ing schedule...I dunno why they put her after TWO ATP matches :o

BuTtErFrEnA
May 30th, 2007, 11:49 PM
especially after gael "I can't win a straight set match at the FO" monfils...don't they look at the weather and say...ok we'll put the women on first since the most they can play is 3 sets so let's get them on and off...I'll be waking up early to make sure I'm here for this match...hope she does it in easy straight sets but she'll have to find her groove after not playing since sunday :rolleyes: ....

Vaidisova
May 31st, 2007, 02:27 AM
I hope the men's match isn't a 5 setter or something.

Anyway good luck Serena!

BuTtErFrEnA
May 31st, 2007, 09:40 AM
knowing the men at this tournament...it's not nadal or federer so I'd be surprised if it wasn't a 5 setter :rolleyes: at least there are no signs of rain yet :unsure:

Vaidisova
May 31st, 2007, 02:15 PM
Serena into the 3r after a 6-0 7-6 win!

BuTtErFrEnA
May 31st, 2007, 02:16 PM
SERENA WINS!!!! :banana:

SJW
May 31st, 2007, 02:18 PM
She should be first... actually she should have played today and not been last after two mens matches. :rolleyes:

Erm rescheduled/postponed matches are ALWAYS second on the same court. It's not fair to make players wait around all day then put them first at 11am the next morning.

Congrats Serena. Another great win...good luck in round 3 :yeah:

Vaidisova
May 31st, 2007, 02:22 PM
Now Serena plays Krajicek, who she just beat back in Rome

MrSerenaWilliams
May 31st, 2007, 02:30 PM
I think it'll be something like 3 and 4 for Ree

Il Primo!
May 31st, 2007, 02:49 PM
BRAVO Serena!:banana: I saw the first set! She's very conscencious and serious. She does play like a real clay courter and I'm loving it :drool:.
She got her dress fixed in the boobs deparment, it looks flawless now.
The crowed seemed enthusiastic at the end of the match, it's good to see she's getting applause like a true queen.
Vamos for the next round against Krajicek! :rocker:

dulkogii
May 31st, 2007, 05:55 PM
come on serena!! good luck the next round against krajicek!

winone23
May 31st, 2007, 05:56 PM
well done Serena!

BuTtErFrEnA
May 31st, 2007, 07:33 PM
She's last on Lenglen tomorrow so she needs to steamroll as soon as she gets on

Vaidisova
May 31st, 2007, 08:03 PM
I think it is supposed to rain again so not sure if Serena will get her match in. :(

serenaforever
May 31st, 2007, 08:50 PM
Nice work, Serena!

serenaforever
May 31st, 2007, 08:51 PM
Good luck against Krajicek!

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 1st, 2007, 01:48 PM
thankfully davydenko won the 1st set so hopefully he makes quick work of his opponent and then it's Lena D and we know how much she loves 3 set matches LOL....hopefully though she can do it in straight sets AND the rain can hold off just so she can start her match

venusdemilo
Jun 1st, 2007, 02:06 PM
Good luck Ree vs. Krajicek. You can do it!

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 1st, 2007, 02:53 PM
davydenko won the 2nd set...at the closing stages of the third...he needs to pull through now so Lena D can get on court and get off

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 1st, 2007, 03:18 PM
davydenko done so now it's time for Lena D....hopefully she can have an easy match :unsure:

Craigy
Jun 1st, 2007, 03:19 PM
I bet Demented goes to 3 sets and wins 10-8. It would just be my luck.

Craigy
Jun 1st, 2007, 03:41 PM
How typical. Bartoli is probably gonna win this 1st set. Then lose the 2nd. Then go up 5-0 in the 3rd and lose it :)

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 1st, 2007, 04:08 PM
Come on Marion....do the job...QUICKLY :o

Craigy
Jun 1st, 2007, 04:09 PM
Yeah. 2nd set. Bartoli up a break and Demented keeps coming back.

Craigy
Jun 1st, 2007, 04:26 PM
Biggest game here. DON'T CHOKE BARTOLI!

Craigy
Jun 1st, 2007, 04:26 PM
oh great 0-15 :o

Craigy
Jun 1st, 2007, 04:27 PM
0-30 :sad:

Craigy
Jun 1st, 2007, 04:28 PM
ARGHHHHHHH! Marion chokes. 4-4 send set. Looks like we are in for a final set :o

Craigy
Jun 1st, 2007, 04:30 PM
break again Marion :sobbing:

Craigy
Jun 1st, 2007, 04:33 PM
:D She did!
6-2 5-4 go go go:drool:

Craigy
Jun 1st, 2007, 04:33 PM
Ok I'll stop spamming now :o

RichyRena
Jun 1st, 2007, 04:36 PM
Haha craig im the same I want this match over soon so we get to see serena play. Because im pretty sure after nalbandians match they will broadcast Henins so im hoping that mens match goes into 5 sets :D

Vaidisova
Jun 1st, 2007, 06:11 PM
Serena won 6-3 6-4 and is into the 4th round!

winone23
Jun 1st, 2007, 06:15 PM
Congrats Serena!The last American standing!

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 1st, 2007, 06:19 PM
as usual!!! :D great going Serena!!

Vaidisova
Jun 1st, 2007, 07:42 PM
The next match with Safina could be tough

serenaforever
Jun 1st, 2007, 08:07 PM
The next match with Safina could be tough

I think it will be a difficult match....

tennisjunky
Jun 1st, 2007, 08:17 PM
safina could be dificult, but theres also a chance that serena could steam roll her. safina attacks and has weapons thats why she makes us serena fans a little nervous, but serena loves opponents like her. serena will be playing the kind of match she likes so if she is on it could be over quick. depends on which serena shows up.

SJW
Jun 1st, 2007, 09:01 PM
Good luck in round 4 Serena...with you every step of the way :bigclap:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 1st, 2007, 10:41 PM
I hope she'll get what she needs from this match to kill Justine and win the CGS :yeah:

Couver
Jun 1st, 2007, 11:11 PM
Serena usually takes it to another gear during the 2nd week. I think if she can get past Safina, she'll up her play in the QF if she makes it. I think Safina will be tough, but Serena's play has been consistent enough for me to believe she can win that match.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 2nd, 2007, 10:39 AM
http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040908/040908_alves_vmed_11a.standard.jpg
remember her?

She's on Suzanne Lenglen Court right now....:unsure::scared:

I hope she's not the chair umpire for the Serena/Henin quarterfinal (assuming they meet, which is almost assured to happen)
http://hello.typepad.com/hello/images/serena.jpg

The thought of Henin, Alves, and the French Open crowd all together is a FRIGHTENING thought :unsure::scared::bolt:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 2nd, 2007, 10:43 AM
They would be incredibly stupid if they do that...I think Safina could be tough as well but her inconsistency this year is quite shocking...Serena should win in 2 tough sets but believe that she will get what she needs from this match to go after JH in the next rd and send JH home crying AND without another RG trophy :devil:

venusdemilo
Jun 2nd, 2007, 12:23 PM
I hope she'll get what she needs from this match to kill Justine and win the CGS :yeah:

She already has a CGS, she can get another with a win here and her 9th slam title, tying Monica Seles :drool:

Craigy
Jun 2nd, 2007, 02:36 PM
That umpire has never been the umpire in one of Serena's matches ever since that US Open match. Well as far as I can remember.

Vaidisova
Jun 2nd, 2007, 03:02 PM
Serena plays Dinara first up on Chatrier tomorrow!

Mina Vagante
Jun 2nd, 2007, 05:02 PM
i'm actually quite confident that ree will win quite convincinly. 6-4 6-4

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 2nd, 2007, 07:48 PM
She already has a CGS, she can get another with a win here and her 9th slam title, tying Monica Seles :drool:

CGS= Calender Grand Slam :wavey:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 2nd, 2007, 07:51 PM
That umpire has never been the umpire in one of Serena's matches ever since that US Open match. Well as far as I can remember.

I sure hope not :unsure: that would almost make me shit my pants :unsure: I hope they use that guy that was in Miami for the heckler :o incident. He's GREAT :yeah::hearts:

urock34
Jun 2nd, 2007, 07:54 PM
It should be a fairly easy match just because Safina isn't a very good mover. Like Martina said, she only needs to hit one good ball before she gets a short ball to put away. Safina is a lot like Misa just a little bit better at everything

Craigy
Jun 2nd, 2007, 08:02 PM
It should be a fairly easy match just because Safina isn't a very good mover. Like Martina said, she only needs to hit one good ball before she gets a short ball to put away. Safina is a lot like Misa just a little bit better at everything

Don't underestimate Safina. She is a great player. When she's on, she can hurt Serena. Just like she did in Beijing 2004.

The Daviator
Jun 2nd, 2007, 08:29 PM
Safina is streaky, Serena could win 6-3 6-1, or 7-5 in the third or worse :unsure:

Hope she makes it to the 1/4s :worship:

Lindsayfanumber1
Jun 2nd, 2007, 10:49 PM
Good luck Rena :)

winone23
Jun 3rd, 2007, 12:00 AM
Keep moving forward Serena, good luck!!

serenaforever
Jun 3rd, 2007, 12:58 AM
GO SERENA!

LindsayRulz
Jun 3rd, 2007, 01:19 AM
Go Serena!

urock34
Jun 3rd, 2007, 03:19 AM
As long as serena takes her chances i see serena and justine coming up on tuesday

Mikey B
Jun 3rd, 2007, 09:21 AM
serena is looking like she's in her demolition AO Final mode!! she seems really calm at the start of this one... not missing and not screaming!!

Vaidisova
Jun 3rd, 2007, 10:29 AM
Serena into the QF after a 6-2 6-3 win!!!

SJW
Jun 3rd, 2007, 10:31 AM
VERY good match from Serena....24 winners to 16 UFEs according to the BBC statistics (I think the people doing the stats on the RG website are always drunk because they always seem so wrong).

I much prefer this Serena...especially first set Serena. She played devastatingly within herself :eek: No grunting, no displayed emotion, just raw controlled power. If she plays like that in the QF...well....;)

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 3rd, 2007, 10:38 AM
:banana: :banana: :woohoo: :woohoo: "moving on up, moving on up" (jeffersons theme people ;) )quarterfinal points :) best of God's blessings in your next match :) I'm actually shocked by this score....she must have been playing really well to get that score against safina...

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 3rd, 2007, 10:42 AM
^ she played VERY well today :yeah: I really think she's gonna go all the way. That first set was SICK :eek: Even in the second, when Safina pressed, she held her ground, and won it without making life hard on herself....:sad: if only Venus could have managed to do that the other day :sad:

Vaidisova
Jun 3rd, 2007, 12:51 PM
As expected Serena will be playing Justine in the QF.

venusdemilo
Jun 3rd, 2007, 12:55 PM
Yesssssss! Now go whip Justine's tush on Tuesday! Stupid draw, this should be the dang final instead of a QF.

SJW
Jun 3rd, 2007, 01:13 PM
Expect an afternoon match, a watered down surface and a rude crowd.
Bring it :)

Rod the Bama
Jun 3rd, 2007, 03:08 PM
Very impressive win by Serena today. :clap2: She really put together a nice clean match. Next up is the match we`ve all been wanting to see since the draw was released. It`s time for Serena to end Justine`s Reign of Terror and stick it some more to those stupid French losers in the crowd. :devil:

venusdemilo
Jun 3rd, 2007, 03:43 PM
The de facto Roland Garros final is upon us.... and Serena, if you play the way you played today, you will win!

Lindsayfanumber1
Jun 3rd, 2007, 03:45 PM
:)

Mina Vagante
Jun 3rd, 2007, 04:04 PM
cmon ree ;) i rekon she's ready for justine

serenaforever
Jun 3rd, 2007, 04:24 PM
Nice job against Safina, Rena!

Couver
Jun 3rd, 2007, 06:45 PM
Serena's stats were pretty good. I think it'll be a really tough match, but I think she'll leave everything on court win or lose, which is all you can ask for. Hopefully she's watched some of Henin's matches and sees what she needs to do.

Brooklyn90
Jun 3rd, 2007, 08:30 PM
Relive the Serena vs. Justine drama-5 of thier 9 matches!
http://serenazone.blogspot.com/2007/06/serena-vs-henin-rematch-relive-drama.html

winone23
Jun 3rd, 2007, 08:32 PM
Congrats Serena I know you can defeat Justine!

venusdemilo
Jun 3rd, 2007, 09:05 PM
http://serenazone.blogspot.com/2007/06/serena-vs-henin-rematch-relive-drama.html

:worship: Cool beans, paco! Looks like most of their matches have been barn burners.... just like I suspected. They're gonna leave it all out on the court Tuesday... but of course I want Serena to come out on top :kiss:

Olórin
Jun 3rd, 2007, 09:26 PM
Serena is ready, it is time! :) Give us a great match Ree and do yourself justice :worship:

Jun 3rd, 2007, 10:18 PM
Here it comes...I believe it, Serena.

DokicForever
Jun 3rd, 2007, 10:36 PM
Come on Rena i know you can win!!!
Go get em!!

serenaforever
Jun 3rd, 2007, 11:26 PM
GO SERENA!

serenaforever
Jun 3rd, 2007, 11:26 PM

Thanks for the awesome videos!

StarDuvallGrant
Jun 4th, 2007, 04:32 AM
:clap2: Serena - keep it going!

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 4th, 2007, 07:03 AM
:yeah: Keep up the steam-rolling Ree :yeah:

SJW
Jun 4th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Good luck in the Quarter-Final Serena, behind you every step of the way :bigclap:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 4th, 2007, 12:03 PM
just do your best Serena...expect nothing more and want nothing less....I think she actually has the potential to steamroll JH if she plays how we know she can play simply because when she is imposing her game her opponent has to wait until she comes down a level and if not too bad...just hope it lives up to all the hype though but if Serena steamrolls it will have still lived up to the hype for me :)

VishaalMaria
Jun 4th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Let's go Serena. :)

SJW
Jun 4th, 2007, 03:46 PM
So Serena is second on Chatrier, with matches starting at 12.00 (11.00 BST, 6.00 EST). That means she'll probably start at around 14.00 local time.

Craigy
Jun 4th, 2007, 04:36 PM
:woohoo: I'll see it! Don't know if that's a good thing or not. I do get stressed out during big matches :lol:

SJW
Jun 4th, 2007, 05:07 PM
God I'm planning to go out and get completely wasted tonight and hopefully miss it (or at least the start of it).
Why not, it's worked for the Australian Open finals :lol:

serenafan08
Jun 4th, 2007, 05:13 PM
She's looking good. I have confidence in Serena - I think she can pull this thing off. Can't wait! :bounce:

Jun 4th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Yay, my TV's broken. :) Talk about luck. :yeah:

:explode: :mad: :bigcry: :timebomb:

serenaforever
Jun 4th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Serena has been playing very well, she can definately pull off the upset.

Slutiana
Jun 4th, 2007, 08:33 PM
good luck rena :yeah: just do your best

im soo excited yet soo nervous lol

Vaidisova
Jun 4th, 2007, 08:35 PM
I'm nervous too! Don't think I'll be able to sleep easily tonight. :p

StarDuvallGrant
Jun 5th, 2007, 03:19 AM
DVR is a godsend at the moment :lol:

Jun 5th, 2007, 07:48 AM
I'm too excited. :scared: :bounce:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 5th, 2007, 11:43 AM
up next :bounce:

they're doing a BIT of watering to the court :unsure: I hope they're not trying to pull a Serena/Mauresmo from 2003 :unsure:

Stamp Paid
Jun 5th, 2007, 11:43 AM
I wish Oracene was here. :scared:
Good luck!! :D

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 5th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Serena VERY icy in her pre-match interview :yeah:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 5th, 2007, 11:46 AM
they're walking on right now :yeah:

fairly warm reception for Serena :shrug:

Stamp Paid
Jun 5th, 2007, 11:51 AM
I hope Serena has 2003 on her mind. the anger will focus her for the whole match.

But watch her come out tight. :lol:

StarDuvallGrant
Jun 5th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Serena has to fight period.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jun 5th, 2007, 01:17 PM
it's all over :sad:

Couver
Jun 5th, 2007, 01:44 PM
I have mixed feelings about this match. Obviously she lost so I'm sad, but to say I was ultra confident she would win would be a lie. I was nervous because obviously Serena is not a natural clay court player, and I don't think she got the clay court practiced she needed. When she won RG and even in 2003 she just seemed stronger on it.

With that said I don't think it's such a bad loss either. I think Serena will think it is and that's good because it will fuel her to do better. Either way I think she got much needed match practice in for Wimbledon, and she should be able to go far there.

alex.stef
Jun 5th, 2007, 01:52 PM
why, serena?! why?! straight sets to henin ?!?!?! u simply gave up at the middle of the 2nd set. and all went wrong from that awfull smash u hit in the very 1st game of the match which gave henin a break. a decisive break
u said u wanted a baby brother for the 2002 RG title at home...
next time, before RG, u MUST GO to charleston, berlin and rome because u are not a tennis godess yet to defeat everyone when u want, whenever and on any surface, as we so sadly saw today
:(

Brooklyn90
Jun 5th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Did anyone else notice that she just gave up at the end? When she was serving she wasn't even trying.
But oh well great run to the QF :yeah:

Craigy
Jun 5th, 2007, 02:14 PM
On to Wimbledon. I'm already in Wimbledon mode :lol: Wimbledon :hearts:

Brooklyn90
Jun 5th, 2007, 02:18 PM
On to Wimbledon. I'm already in Wimbledon mode :lol: Wimbledon :hearts:

:haha:
I can't wait :bounce: :bounce:

tennisjunky
Jun 5th, 2007, 02:27 PM
win some, lose less. she's got one major in the bag and a chance to add two more. keep the faith.

Lulu.
Jun 5th, 2007, 02:30 PM
What will be Rena's ranking after her Quarterfinal performance? :)

Il Primo!
Jun 5th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Too bad for Serena :hug: I was sure she would win, I'm overconfident with her! :o Hope she's not devasted :unsure:
I hope she meets Henin in Wimbledon and NY to avenge herself!

Olórin
Jun 5th, 2007, 02:48 PM
I have mixed feelings about this match. Obviously she lost so I'm sad, but to say I was ultra confident she would win would be a lie. I was nervous because obviously Serena is not a natural clay court player, and I don't think she got the clay court practiced she needed. When she won RG and even in 2003 she just seemed stronger on it.

With that said I don't think it's such a bad loss either. I think Serena will think it is and that's good because it will fuel her to do better. Either way I think she got much needed match practice in for Wimbledon, and she should be able to go far there.

That's pretty much my feeling too. After she lost the first set I had a bad feeling as I thought if she was going to win that she would come out focused and never let Justine get the better of her. It's a shame she couldn't make it three sets, but something was not right today. It is THE worst performance she has put in, in a GS QF, it makes the 2004 QF to Jen look like a high quality tennis display from Serena :haha: I guess even Serena needs more match practice than that.

Anyway, Im not as gutted by this match as I thought I would be, considering the Calendar Slam has been derailed....still my fav GS of the year is up next, go Serena:hearts: She will want to win even more badly now, next year too, Im sure she will get FO number two, one day, even if someone else has to knock out Justine I don't care, she should've won it 2003, so I'll take another FO by any means:fiery:

Btw did anyone notice at the end how silent the commentators had gone? They just couldn't believe what they were seeing, that service game where Serena got broken at 5-3 was the worst Serena service game I've ever seen :o

harloo
Jun 5th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Did anyone else notice that she just gave up at the end? When she was serving she wasn't even trying.
But oh well great run to the QF :yeah:

I felt like she just gave up and to me it was more the fact that Serena felt chained. She usually pumps herself up with cmons and fist pumps and today we didn't see any of that. It was like Serena was so subdued during the entire match which isn't her style at all. I really think Serena was worried about how the crowd would react if she displayed any emotion.

I still think Justine would of still won but Serena is a fighter, something was wrong with her. Win or lose she should never play that way again.:)

Craigy
Jun 5th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Oh well. I just wanna move on from Roland Garros. Wimbledon is were I'm at :banana: :rocker2:

-VSR-
Jun 5th, 2007, 03:42 PM
:sad:

Serena. You played very un-Serena-like today. Bring it all to Wimbledon and kick some ass. :armed:

Jun 5th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Extremely dissapointing, but at least I didn't watch the match. I'd be sobbing my eyes out if I had.

The grass is where it's at anyway. :drool:

Mina Vagante
Jun 5th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Extremely dissapointing, but at least I didn't watch the match. I'd be sobbing my eyes out if I had.

The grass is where it's at anyway. :drool:

yeeeeer:worship: too bad the grass season is so short:sad:

winone23
Jun 5th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Serena played a great RG, on to Wimbledon it will be better.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 6th, 2007, 02:37 AM
yea she got to the QF with little match play on the clay in years but still disappointed she didn't at least fight...on to wimby....03 replay anyone...losing to JH then demolishing her on centre court wimby :devil:

LindsayRulz
Jun 6th, 2007, 02:38 AM
I don't get why she tryed to finish the points so early in the rally. She should have been more patient, it seemed like she was already on grass! :lol:

Anyway I'm sure she will have a better tournament at Wimbledon :hug: and lol at Craig who has already switched his RG Avatar/Signature pics to wimbly pics :lol:

Lulu.
Jun 6th, 2007, 03:22 PM
She played well to not have played many matches on clay. Quarters at the French is cool :yeah:

serenaforever
Jun 6th, 2007, 06:15 PM
There aren't enough Wimbledon's a year... :sigh: