PDA

View Full Version : NEW COACH FOR KIM!!!!!!

gokimmie
Jul 2nd, 2002, 05:52 PM
Good news everyone,Kim and Lei have hired Mark Dehous as her new coach,he signed a one year contract and will start at the end of august,before the us open.
Mark had worked with kim before,he replaced Carl when his wife had their baby,and apparently,Kim and Marc hidded off well.
The best of luck to them both!!!!!!!!!!

arn
Jul 2nd, 2002, 06:42 PM
I think that's a good choice :) :) :)

I hope he can do the same (or better) job as Carl :)

Elske
Jul 2nd, 2002, 07:11 PM
oh that's great news:)

Dehous nieuwe trainer van Clijsters (02/07/02)

Kim Clijsters heeft een nieuwe trainer. Marc Dehous traint de Limburgse gedurende 1 jaar.

Vader Lei Clijsters meldde liet aan het persagentschap Belga weten dat Dehous zijn functie zowat een week voor de start van de US Open, toernooi dat op 26 augustus op Flushing Meadow begint, opneemt.

Marc Dehous is trainer van de Vlaamse Tennisvereniging VTV en verving begin 2000 al Carl Maes gedurende een maand. Hij won toen met Clijsters het toernooi van Hobart.

De 19-jarige Kim Clijsters en Carl Maes gingen op 12 juni in alle vriendschap uiteen na een samenwerking die meer dan zes jaar duurde. Nieuwe en andere interesses voor de tennistrainer waren de aanleiding voor "de vroegtijdige breuk". En onze nummer vijf van de wereld vond eveneens dat "een nieuwe wending in haar tennisbegeleiding mogelijk" was.

Voor het toernooi in Wimbledon trok Clijsters de Oostenrijker Harald Mair aan maar werd al in de tweede ronde uitgeschakeld door de Russische Elena Likhovtseva.

Cilla
Jul 2nd, 2002, 08:17 PM
Good 4 Kimmy to hire someone that she is familiar with!:D

Lleyki
Jul 2nd, 2002, 08:25 PM
This is great news :D
But who will coach her in the meantime???

Come-on-kim
Jul 2nd, 2002, 08:28 PM
CONGRATS!!! I hope they'll do a great job together!!!!!!

Let's go Kim and Marc!!!

Who will coach her in Stanford,...?

Lleykimmy1
Jul 7th, 2002, 10:09 AM
I think it's good for Kim to have a new coach out there !!!

I wish her the best !!
:cool:

Lleyki
Jul 7th, 2002, 12:42 PM
YAY!!! A new kimmie fan :bounce:
Hi Lleykimmy1 :wavey:
Welcome and happy posting

jenglisbe
Jul 7th, 2002, 04:47 PM
exactly did Mark work with her before??

KaseyL
Jul 8th, 2002, 10:41 AM
:wavey: LLeykimmy1, welcome!

KaseyL
Jul 8th, 2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by jenglisbe
exactly did Mark work with her before??

jenglisbe,

They worked together at the beginning of 2000, Kim won Hobart then btw and played at the Australian Open, as Carl Maes had to stay in Belgium because his wife was expecting a baby. Prior to 2000, Kim was coached by Mark when she started in the futures and sattelites.

Mark also coached Els Callens in the past, but only for a brief period.

He is not a top coach from the circuit, but he is trusted by the Clijsters family. He has been a coach of Elke when she entered the Flemish Tennis School at Wilrijk too.

He has quited his job as a coach at the Flemish Tennis Association (VTV) and is going to work with Kim for one year as of the mid of August.