PDA

View Full Version : 4 pics.

Cassius
Jul 1st, 2002, 11:20 PM
Here are 4 pics from Daniela's win over Jelena:).
http://www.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/bv017_07.jpg
http://www.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/bv120_07.jpg
http://www.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/bv119_07.jpg
http://www.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/bv118_07.jpg

Cassius
Jul 1st, 2002, 11:22 PM
Here is Daniela's post-match interview:

'D. HANTUCHOVA/J. Dokic

6-4, 7-5

MODERATOR: First question, please, for Daniela Hantuchova.

Q. Would you say this is the biggest win of your career?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Well, I mean, yeah, I think it's one of my biggest wins because I have beaten a couple of the Top-10 players. But, you know, this is Grand Slam, and that really means something. So I'm just really happy the way I played today. And, yeah, I have to say it's one of my biggest wins, yeah.

Q. Did the rain break come at the right time for you? Jelena was ahead in the second set, wasn't she?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Yeah, well, I think the rain break helped me a little bit because I started really well, and I was pleased the way I played the first set. But then I had a few chances at the beginning of the second set, which I didn't take. I lost a bit of concentration. After the rain break, I came back fresh, and I was very confident. I'm just really happy that I came back in the second set, and I just did anything what it takes, you know, to win that second set. And I was really happy the way I played.

Q. Are you surprised that you got the chances, given that she's ranked higher than you?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: No, I mean, not at all. I played her already twice, and I won both matches. So I was very confident about this one. You know, I'm just really happy that it happen now in the Grand Slam, which means something more than in the other tournaments. Yeah, I was definitely really happy about this win.

Q. Serena is going to be a formidable opponent in the quarterfinals.
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Well, I'm just looking forward for this match very much because, I mean, it's for me first time in quarterfinals of a Grand Slam, and that's very excited for me - especially here in Wimbledon. I've got nothing to lose. So I just going to go out there and, you know, try to do my best. I'm really looking forward.

Q. Have you played on the show courts before here?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: I played last year Venus on Court No. 1, and then the mixed doubles final.

Q. What have you learned about grass this year? How are you more confident on the grass?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Definitely I'm really confident about the way I'm hitting the ball on grass, especially, you know, having an English coach has helped me a lot how to play on grass. I just I think I got more experience than I had last year. And, yeah, I think it's a really, really big advantage to have an English coach that knows, you know, how to play on grass.

Q. What are the special things you feel better about?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: I mean, it's just, you know -- it helps me a lot when I'm, you know, trying to go for it and being aggressive because it's a fast surface. Also, you know, trying to come in, it's much easier on grass than on other surface because, you know, the opponent has got not many chances to hit a good shot. And also it helps me with the serve because it's fast. So I'm really -- I really like to play on grass.

Q. Do you get the feeling, Daniela, you're a real crowd favorite here?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Yeah, definitely. I mean, I really love that atmosphere. I really feel like every day I've got more and more friends on my side. It's really a great feeling when you're out there and you know the crowd is supporting you and it helps you - and that can make a big difference.

Q. Is it at other tournaments or particularly at Wimbledon that you have such support?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Especially here in England, I'm getting a lot of fans. And it's for me very exciting. I just, you know, hope to keep it like it is. Hopefully, you know, when they come to watch me, I hopefully, you know, can show them some of the good tennis. I just really enjoy playing here in England.

Q. When you play against Serena, it will be a high-profile match. Are you perhaps proud of the fact that you've been able to show that - although you have all this attention, male attention - that you can play good tennis, unlike other people who might suggest because you are good looking you may not be able to compete?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Exactly. I'm really happy about this fact. You know, the people like to talk about the other things, too, but I think that I proved this tournament that they can talk about my tennis, too, a lot. I'm just really happy the way I played. And, as I said, I'm just trying to be focused on my tennis.
You know, people like to talk about that other stuff, too. But I'm really happy that I proved that my tennis is the most important thing for me.

Q. Have you had a lot of endorsements, sponsorship deals?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Well, I mean, these things are taken care of by my agent and manager, so I'm just focusing on my tennis.

Q. Who is your coach?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Nigel Sears.

Q. How will you celebrate tonight?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Well, I mean, definitely we're going to have a nice dinner. I just will be focused on my next match. I will get a nice rest, get ready for the next one. But definitely we're going to have a nice dinner.

Q. Do you have any family here with you?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Yeah, my parents are here with me together. They both are here. And my coach, so.'

She's such a lovely (and humble) girl:).

kournikovafan13
Jul 2nd, 2002, 04:05 AM
Nice interview:) Thanks Cassius

Cassius
Jul 2nd, 2002, 04:34 AM
Here are 4 more pics. I got these from the WTAStarz Wimbledon gallery.
http://photos.wtastarz.com/data/1bri-wimb02pic271.jpg
http://photos.wtastarz.com/data/1bri-wimb02pic272.jpg
http://photos.wtastarz.com/data/1bri-wimb02pic273.jpg
http://photos.wtastarz.com/data/1bri-wimb02pic274.jpg

adlysha babalu
Jul 2nd, 2002, 06:38 AM
yeahh..nice interview!! she's nice..at last she has more popularity

Irish
Jul 2nd, 2002, 09:52 PM
Thanks for posting the pics and interview Cassius. She is so humble. :D

EVAspeed
Jul 2nd, 2002, 11:53 PM
*sigh*

:love:

lemon
Jul 3rd, 2002, 11:03 PM
!@#$ did ESPN,etc show either the Serena or Jelena match?!? I was gone this weekend......:(

lemon
Jul 3rd, 2002, 11:08 PM
WOW! she has BIG biceps almost larger and defined as mine =P lol
*sigh* :drool:

Irish
Jul 4th, 2002, 12:41 AM
Lemon-ice, from what I saw on TNT, they showed Daniel's match from when it was 6-4 2-4, love-15, after the rain delay. I hate to break it to you since you didn't get to see it :sad: but Daniela was playing great. She came back to win the second set, 7-5.

lemon
Jul 4th, 2002, 12:50 AM
:sad: :sad: :sad: but oh well she won against Jelena :bounce::bounce: :bounce:

Cassius
Jul 4th, 2002, 04:50 AM
Here is Daniela's interview after losing to Serena:

'S. WILLIAMS/D. Hantuchova

MODERATOR: First question, please, for Daniela.

Q. How hard was that with the weather, coming and going, playing?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Well, I mean, it was pretty tough because if you have to come out of the court a couple of times, and was hard to, you know, keep concentrated the whole day. But, I mean, we both had the same conditions, so was the same for both of us. I mean, it's just something that, you know, I mean, belongs to Wimbledon, too. You can't do anything about the weather. So, I mean, I was all right with that.

Q. Can you talk about how tough it is to return her serve?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Yeah, I mean, she was serving unbelievable today. I mean, she hit some really good serves on important points. And that made the difference in the match. I think she was playing really very, very well today.

Q. Is that as tough a serve as you've faced?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Well, I guess so because, I mean, she really hit a big one when she needed. Like I had a couple breakpoints, she always hit like 110, 115 first serve. It's really hard to do anything about it. I mean, she was serving really great.

Q. What do you think your game still needs to be able to compete on equal terms?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Well, I mean, I think in Aussie showed, when I played Venus, that I can play with these players. But I still got a lot to learn. You know, they got more experience than me and more power. But I think I've got, you know, other things that I can use on the court. So I think it's just a matter of experience.

Q. Is there something you can regret from this match, something you didn't do well?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Well, I mean, those breakpoints I had, I just couldn't do anything because she served so well. Then I think at the beginning of the second set, I hit some shots that I shouldn't have hit. Like I was a little bit in a rush when I had that point for 2-1 in the second set. Then the rain came. I was a little bit sort of rushing, not hitting the right shot. She got into the lead. You know, it's really hard to stop them when they were up and they feel good. You know, they just go for the shots. I mean, in the first set I was pleased the way I was hitting the ball. Even though after the rain break I felt like, you know, I could still do something about the match, but she was just too good today.

Q. Do you have a different set of clothes for cold weather?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Yeah, well, I had this match clothes that I'm supposed to wear here in Wimbledon. For cold weather, not really.

Q. So there's no chance of putting something else on which is not on the agenda?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Well, I mean, I had one thing that I would put on if it would be really cold. But otherwise, that's what I have to play in.

Q. How can you sum up the tournament for you? You will leave Wimbledon with a good souvenir?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Yeah, I think I really had a great tournament. It was the first time for me that I reached the quarterfinals. I played one of the best players in the world. It was a great experience for me. I'm still playing mixed here, so I'm going to enjoy that. But definitely I think it was a great, great week. I mean, the crowd was really excellent. Especially today, I really enjoyed to playing out there. I felt like they were behind me. So, I mean, I just really enjoy playing here in England. Was great.

Q. The necklace that you always wear, is that a lucky charm?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Yes.

Q. If so, why is that?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: It's just something that I love. It has brought me a lot of luck. I've got a lot of great memories for this. It's just something that I like to wear. Yeah, it's my favorite thing.

Q. Did you two meet up in the rain break? What did you do during the rain breaks?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Well, I met with my coach, and we were trying to think about what would be the best, you know, what should I change on the court. I was just trying not to waste with my energy and just to be focused on my tennis, but at the same time be calm and be prepared whenever they called us to go on the court.

Q. How long have you been with Nigel Sears?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: One year.

Q. What do you feel Nigel has given your game?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Well, he gave me a lot. I have learned so many things, not only mentally but also tactically. And physically he made me much stronger. Yeah, I really enjoy working with him.

Q. What effect do you think it has on the women's tour to have two siblings competing at the top?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: I think the woman's tennis at the moment is really on a high level. I mean, Serena and Venus are just playing unbelievable tennis. I think it's great to have them on the top. But I think there are many other players that are also playing great. I think it's on a really high level. I just hope it's going to be like this.

Q. Did you have any idea before coming to London that you might be hyped up as the new Kournikova?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Well, I mean, Nigel, because he's English, he tried to prepare me for this little bit. I never thought it's going to be that big. You know, obviously I think there has been a lot of stuff in the papers about me. But, I mean, I'm really glad that you were able to write about -- a lot about my tennis, too.

Q. Has this tournament changed something in the perspective you see, the tennis?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Well, definitely gave me a lot of experience, especially the fact that, you know, I felt like the crowd was behind me, was something really excited. I think that can help me one day a lot in a big match here. So I'm already now looking forward for next year's Wimbledon.'

Cassius
Jul 4th, 2002, 04:54 AM
http://www.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/bv112_09.jpg
http://www.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/bv113_09.jpg

lemon
Jul 4th, 2002, 05:52 AM
:eek: whoa Daniela looks PO'ed in the first picture above!

Stoopy
Jul 7th, 2002, 03:40 AM
Lol, ya. :eek: Those are all great pictures, and the interviews are interesting too... thanks for posting.

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Well, I mean, I think in Aussie showed, when I played Venus, that I can play with these players. But I still got a lot to learn. You know, they got more experience than me and more power. But I think I've got, you know, other things that I can use on the court. So I think it's just a matter of experience.

I think that's a really great attitude.:D

Cassius
Jul 7th, 2002, 04:40 AM
Great site STOOPY:D.
I love:hearts: your photo gallery!!!!!!
I'll see if I can find any Daniela pics on my hard drive. If I can find any that you haven't got (and any that aren't copywrited;)), I'll send them to you:D.
I left a little message in your guestbook:D.

Stoopy
Jul 7th, 2002, 07:12 PM
Wow, thanks. :D I'm so happy someone actually visited at last, lol. I just put it up the other day. And about the pics, that'd be really great! I'd definitely put them up. :D