PDA

View Full Version : Paid Subscriptions is the worst thing wtaworld ever did !

Just Do It
May 13th, 2007, 08:32 PM
I cant believe they did this ! So i have to pay 25$ if i wanna have bigger avatars. And that "VIP FORUM" is just ... funny :haha:

Big minus for WTAWORLD ! :booooo:

FrenchY52
May 13th, 2007, 08:33 PM
:boo:

Petkorazzi
May 13th, 2007, 08:35 PM
I also think it's not a good thing but I'm sure they had some reasons to make it .. I'm sure it's not cheap to run a Forum with 48000+ Members :help:

CanIGetAWhat
May 13th, 2007, 08:42 PM
I cant believe they did this ! So i have to pay 25$ if i wanna have bigger avatars. And that "VIP FORUM" is just ... funny :haha:

Big minus for WTAWORLD ! :booooo:You have an option of paying $9.99 or $24.99.

$9.99 is pretty reasonable.

UDACHi
May 13th, 2007, 08:45 PM
i don't understand why the mods get to be premium members for free. :confused:

Effy
You have an option of paying $9.99 or $24.99.

agree, $9.99 is not that much ;)

FrenchY52

Who would pay anything to use an avatar :tape:

Just Do It
May 13th, 2007, 08:48 PM

1. Money is not a problem
2. I dont have a credit card
3 My father wont give me his credit card for this
4. It is stupid to pay 10 or 25 $ for this shit
5. I hope I wont get banned because of this thread

;)

Belco
May 13th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Who would pay anything to use an avatar :tape:

your not paying to use your avatar at the moment :rolleyes:

Belco
May 13th, 2007, 08:58 PM

;)

when i come to serbia ill let u use my credit card :cool: as long as i type in the numbers and u close ur eyes :p :p

Just Do It
May 13th, 2007, 09:01 PM
your not paying to use your avatar at the moment

Bigger avatar :)

Meteor Shower
May 13th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Its not an 'addition' to WTAWorld as much as its about breaking even with the cost of the site. You shouldn't pay 10$ to use the avatar, but you should pay 10$ to make sure the website you are visiting almost daily for a few years can keep being online.

The bigger avatars and V.I.P forum are just a ways to draw people into supporting the site. (I just happen to think there are other ways to do that)

Belco
May 13th, 2007, 09:06 PM
The bigger avatars and V.I.P forum are just a ways to draw people into supporting the site. (I just happen to think there are other ways to do that)

Thats not where the benefits will stop.. im sure they will find new creative ways to lure you guys in with more extras :)

CrossCourt~Rally
May 13th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Bigger avatar :)

..and one that magically moves like Mr Mickey Mouse :p

Belco
May 14th, 2007, 05:36 AM
..and one that magically moves like Mr Mickey Mouse :p

:p

Jeff
May 14th, 2007, 07:26 AM

Well, you have over 9,000 posts, and you haven't yet been visiting this site yet for even one year. This tells me that you visit here frequently, and probably would be disappointed if it no longer existed.

If you have experience with websites and bandwidth and maintenance, then you would understand the time, effort and cost that goes into running them, especially when they are continually growing as wtaworld is. Wtaworld isn't forcing you to donate anything. Yes you have to pay if you want avatars now, but of course they have to make money somehow, and experience from my own site I have learned that it's rather difficult to get donations from people without offering them something. And yes, just to receive an avatar and "VIP Lounge" is ridiculous (in my opinion) if that's the only reason you do it. The reason I'd donate the money is because I know it helps a site that I visit frequently and appreciate.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
May 14th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Well, you have over 9,000 posts, and you haven't yet been visiting this site yet for even one year. This tells me that you visit here frequently, and probably would be disappointed if it no longer existed.

If you have experience with websites and bandwidth and maintenance, then you would understand the time, effort and cost that goes into running them, especially when they are continually growing as wtaworld is. Wtaworld isn't forcing you to donate anything. Yes you have to pay if you want avatars now, but of course they have to make money somehow, and experience from my own site I have learned that it's rather difficult to get donations from people without offering them something. And yes, just to receive an avatar and "VIP Lounge" is ridiculous (in my opinion) if that's the only reason you do it. The reason I'd donate the money is because I know it helps a site that I visit frequently and appreciate.

Well said!!! I donated because I love this site and i would hate for it to close down!!!

bionic71
May 14th, 2007, 07:40 AM
I've been using the site since 2001 and I welcome the opportunity to support its continued operation in some way.

I can remember being able to donate money to the site a few years ago, but that option was removed.

Until the journals start working again though... I am reluctant to subscribe as they have been out of action for 2 months or so now...but will certainly subscribe do once they are up and running again.

Avid Merrion
May 14th, 2007, 08:38 AM
I've been using the site since 2001 and I welcome the opportunity to support its continued operation in some way.

I can remember being able to donate money to the site a few years ago, but that option was removed.

Until the journals start working again though... I am reluctant to subscribe as they have been out of action for 2 months or so now...but will certainly subscribe do once they are up and running again.

agreed. what's the deal with the blogs/journals anyway? waiting 2 months for a fix is excessive in anyone's book.....

Just Do It
May 14th, 2007, 08:39 AM
..and one that magically moves like Mr Mickey Mouse

:rolls:

bionic71
May 14th, 2007, 08:45 AM
agreed. what's the deal with the blogs/journals anyway? waiting 2 months for a fix is excessive in anyone's book.....

hi doll...not sure what the journal problem is..

As I only use the site to follow results, catch up with a few select people and play that PAW game as a work distraction....the journal is the only other reason I access the site now. I post very infrequently otherwise.

The journal was a nice way of staying in touch with site...but as that is not working I am now reconsidering what the site has to offer me at all.

ZeroSOFInfinity
May 14th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Can I pay with VCash? I have loads of it :devil:

Yasmine
May 14th, 2007, 08:58 AM
i don't understand why the mods get to be premium members for free. :confused:
This membership is a way to support the site financially and help it keep going. Mods and admins support the site already by doing their job.

Dementinator
May 14th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Heres my take on it..

stuff costs money! these sites cost a fortune to run and WTAworld is the 69th biggest forum in the world..the funds have to come from somewhere and advertising makes up a big proportion of that.

The idea of a premium package is for those of us who can comfortably afford to pay, it helps the finacing and gives a little back, the free option is there for the people who cannot pay or for whatever reason its not possible for them, they dont miss out, the board is still here for them, everyone wins.

The VIP lounge ,bigger avatars etc are NOT the reson a lot of poeple wish to a little back.

There are 3 types of consumers in this world, trust me, I run a PC business...

The ones who for various reason simply do not have the funds and there should be no reason for them to miss out..
The ones who can pay and dont mind a small fee for what has been many years of fun..
The ones who expect everything for nothing, why should they pay at all, its their right to have an expensive service for bupkiss..

I think its a good idea and may secure the future of the board for years to come..no one is missing out and paying is optional.

Avid Merrion
May 14th, 2007, 09:38 AM
hi doll...not sure what the journal problem is..

As I only use the site to follow results, catch up with a few select people and play that PAW game as a work distraction....the journal is the only other reason I access the site now. I post very infrequently otherwise.

The journal was a nice way of staying in touch with site...but as that is not working I am now reconsidering what the site has to offer me at all.

hiya :kiss:

*sighs* looks like our gentle complaining isn't prompting any action either :lol:

i miss my and everyone else's blogs :awww: and the folks i kept in touch with via them as well....

Yasmine
May 14th, 2007, 09:58 AM
I think that once the new design/update will be running smoothly, blogs/journals will be sorted out.

Avid Merrion
May 14th, 2007, 10:16 AM
thanks Yasmine :) i hope you're right...

Louis Cyphre
May 14th, 2007, 10:21 AM

nobody put a gun to your head to pay. You can use wtaworld for free so i can see whats your problem :confused: And dont forgot that somebody pays to maintain this site and you can use it without paying anything, the Paid Subscriptions are more for people who want to support this website. If you dont want its ok but to make strange threads ... i dont understand that.

Kart
May 14th, 2007, 10:24 AM

;)

You are entitled to your opinion and you won't get banned for this thread.

It is however not a Bug/ Reported Error or a Question and hence not relevant to this forum. Therefore, I am closing it.

On a side note, here's some interesting reading for you:

http://www.bedtime.com/html/fox_and_grapes.html