PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay's double bagel vs Kostanic?

MikeJones
May 11th, 2007, 09:56 PM
At 2006 US Open

Does anyone know where the video of this match is? I saw her match vs Schnyder and Srebotnik, but never saw this match!

hurricanejeanne
May 11th, 2007, 10:33 PM
I didn't see this match either, it was going on while I was at work that day. The only matches I saw of the 2006 US Open were her first round (vs. Zakopalova) and her quarterfinal loss to Justine. I had to livescore her matches vs. Srebotnik and Schnyder.

I'd like to see this match too! Lindsay, at age 30, her final slam, still baking double bagels. :worship:

MH0861
May 11th, 2007, 10:48 PM
They showed the first set and the very end of the match I think on TV :D

LindsayRulz
May 11th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Before Youtube deleted all tennis videos there was some highlights of the Lindsay-Kostanic matche... I've never seen this match too. the only matches I watched live at this tournament was the tie-break against Srebotnik and the quater final loss.

The Daviator
May 12th, 2007, 02:29 PM
That event was funny, Lindsay went from two extremes, winning 6-0 6-0 and then winning after saving mps, in back-to-back matches :lol:

harry121
May 13th, 2007, 03:54 AM
I actually got to see this match at the US Open, well part of it. Cause Lindsay was in such a rush to get off and hang with Jon, that it was practically over by the time we arrived.

Can i bore you all with my story?

Here am i, a little Aussie, 2nd day in New York, heading off to US Open to see my hero Lindsay. Had no idea when she was going to be on (the hotel we were staying at didn't have any info on the order of play for that day ... Side note: all the melbourne hotels provide this info at their Receptions when the Aus Open is on, which is fantastic).

Rock up to US Open. Totally excited, ready to burst. Find out Lindsay is first match on Centre Court, i mean, Arthur Ashe... and we get stuck in this huge, never ending cue, just trying to get into the place ... unbelievable. Anyway, i eventually got in, i left my travelling buddy holding my bags still stuck in the cue, and i raced in and found Lindsay at 2 - 0 up in 2nd set. It was all over in the blink of an eye, but she was the first person i saw at US Open, and she ended up being the last player i got to see (i was there for her match the next night that got rained out... but i got to see her warm up.) Anyway, i was so happy that i got to see her.

I'm sorry i rambled, and unfortunately i don't have a copy of the match that i can download for you, but it is one i'll always remember.

Lindsayfan32
May 13th, 2007, 04:08 AM
I actually got to see this match at the US Open, well part of it. Cause Lindsay was in such a rush to get off and hang with Jon, that it was practically over by the time we arrived.

Can i bore you all with my story?

Here am i, a little Aussie, 2nd day in New York, heading off to US Open to see my hero Lindsay. Had no idea when she was going to be on (the hotel we were staying at didn't have any info on the order of play for that day ... Side note: all the melbourne hotels provide this info at their Receptions when the Aus Open is on, which is fantastic).

Rock up to US Open. Totally excited, ready to burst. Find out Lindsay is first match on Centre Court, i mean, Arthur Ashe... and we get stuck in this huge, never ending cue, just trying to get into the place ... unbelievable. Anyway, i eventually got in, i left my travelling buddy holding my bags still stuck in the cue, and i raced in and found Lindsay at 2 - 0 up in 2nd set. It was all over in the blink of an eye, but she was the first person i saw at US Open, and she ended up being the last player i got to see (i was there for her match the next night that got rained out... but i got to see her warm up.) Anyway, i was so happy that i got to see her.

I'm sorry i rambled, and unfortunately i don't have a copy of the match that i can download for you, but it is one i'll always remember.

Harry don't be sorry for rambling about Lindsay I for one enjoy reading them anytime someone has a Lindsay story to tell. Ramble any time.

Lindsayfanumber1
May 18th, 2007, 07:50 PM
I HAVE THIS MATCH ON DVD GUYS..
but when i "close" the cd on my dvd to see it on others DVD or the computers.. My computer doesnt read the DVD.. Does anyone know how to do it?

LDF
May 18th, 2007, 08:02 PM
I remember watching this match. Lindsay just had one of those days when everything was working: her serve, her backhand, her forehand...she even pulled off a few drop shot winners! :lol:

She wasn't bothered by Kostanic's leftiness at all and was in total control thoughout. I think Jelena only hit 2 or 3 winners. Whilst Lindsay played well, Kostanic seemed nervous in front of such a large crowd and never established a proper rhythm - mainly due to Lindsay smacking huge groundstrokes past her for a lot of the time ;)

I also remember being a little disappointed with her movement in that match; sometimes she just looked sluggish on the rare occasion she had to run. But it didn't matter, as the scoreline shows. :p

MikeJones
Jun 10th, 2007, 06:38 AM
but when i "close" the cd on my dvd to see it on others DVD or the computers.. My computer doesnt read the DVD.. Does anyone know how to do it?

Can someone give any help?? :D

Lindsayfan32
Jun 10th, 2007, 07:35 AM

I know this might be stating the obvious bu have you tried other dvds in that player? Another thing you may be able to try is reinstalling the dvd drivers and the player software. My laptop spat the dummy at my dvd rom drive and the second suggestion fixed it, and it has ran ever since. It could just be dud copy too.

Is the dvd single or double layered? Some of the older dvd drives read single layered disks only. It should be written on the front of the dvd or if the back is dark blue or a dark color its double layered and if a light blue or light color it's single layered. My laptop only reads single layer and the same thing happened to me. if you can get someone to copy it for you on a single layered disk it may work on your drive.

If you get it to work could you please upload it on megaupload :hatoff:

Hope one of above helps :)