PDA

View Full Version : Avatars...

Craigy
May 10th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Oh come on!!!
95x95 for an avatar? What's going on there?
Please make it 140x140! :awww:

LindsayRulz
May 10th, 2007, 11:14 PM
It's too small :sad:

Ceze
what was the previous size allowed?

LindsayRulz
140x140

The Daviator
140 x 140 is still allowed :shrug:

Steve
May 10th, 2007, 11:16 PM
I beleive it was 100x100

They are smaller because we need to offer site supporters perks for helping keep the site running financially. Its not like we can have a BBQ each summer :lol:

Craigy
May 10th, 2007, 11:17 PM
:crying2: But we all love avatars :ras:

Steve
May 10th, 2007, 11:19 PM
:crying2: But we all love avatars :ras:

I know I hear ya. but you have to look at it from both sides. It hurt having to do that. and the pm box size too. :sad:

Craigy
May 10th, 2007, 11:20 PM
PM's suck anyway.
Why couldn't you get rid of signatures or something? :o

star
May 10th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Can't they at least be 100x100? 96x96 is such a random size.

Craigy
May 10th, 2007, 11:23 PM
:sobbing: I really liked making avatars too :(

Steve
May 10th, 2007, 11:23 PM
The official "make avatars bigger" avatar

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/uncleroger/wta.jpg

Vaidisova
May 10th, 2007, 11:31 PM
I like mine. :angel:

Rocketta
May 10th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Hey so site supporter stuff is coming back? :bounce: Where do I sign up? :banana:

Craigy
May 10th, 2007, 11:39 PM
So do the mods and stuff get to have bigger avatars?

Vaidisova
May 10th, 2007, 11:39 PM
The premium account stuff is in the CP under Paid Subscriptions. I already signed up.

Steve
May 10th, 2007, 11:40 PM
So do the mods and stuff get to have bigger avatars?

The staff will receive premium memberships free since they are site supporters and we couldnt keep it running without them. premium memberships = bigger avatars

Craigy
May 10th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Oh well, nevermind then.
On with the rampage :lol:

Craigy
May 10th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Well could you at least make this my avatar, since everybody else still has their 140x140 avatar? Please?
http://i3.tinypic.com/4m1bq5i.jpg

hurricanejeanne
May 10th, 2007, 11:45 PM
So wait, we have to PAY to have the larger avatars?
And what is the point in having an avatar if it's going to be the size of my thumbnail? :( :fiery: :sad:

And RIP Craig's avatar threads. :sad:

iPatty
May 10th, 2007, 11:49 PM
mine's still in tact.

and i'll never change it.

Rocketta
May 10th, 2007, 11:53 PM
The premium account stuff is in the CP under Paid Subscriptions. I already signed up.
Thanks but who knew they were going put such a huge icon under your name? :scared:

dybbuk
May 10th, 2007, 11:54 PM
This sucks :o

It wouldn't be so bad if my lastest big avatar ever was one I really liked :sad:

LindsayRulz
May 10th, 2007, 11:55 PM
This sucks :o

It wouldn't be so bad if my lastest big avatar ever was one I really liked :sad:

Same here :sad:

I like this one but I would prefer a Lindsay avatar :(

Craigy
May 10th, 2007, 11:56 PM
:mad:

Cat's Pajamas
May 10th, 2007, 11:58 PM
I am disgusted :o

My current avatar sucks and after that I will have to go down in size :crying2:

Please change it back! :hysteric:

Some of us can't pay for premium memberships :mad:

Craigy
May 10th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Well could you at least make this my avatar, since everybody else still has their 140x140 avatar? Please?
http://i3.tinypic.com/4m1bq5i.jpg

Take it thats a no then?

Jessie181
May 11th, 2007, 12:05 AM
That is just plain bullsh..
Why can't you guys just reduce the size of signatures? some people have super long signatures..why won't you guys reduce that instead of avatars?
that's stupid.

Craigy
May 11th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Why can't you guys just reduce the size of signatures? some people have super long signatures..why won't you guys reduce that instead of avatars?
that's stupid.

Exactly. People would pick avatars or signature anyday.

gumoll
May 11th, 2007, 12:10 AM
very bad :(

Derek.
May 11th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Of course I have a Kirilenko avatar when they do this. :lol:

Craigy
May 11th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Take it thats a no then?

It would be nice if you could at least say No.

Steve
May 11th, 2007, 12:42 AM
It would be nice if you could at least say No.
No

Edit: and you dont have to run around being a hater

star
May 11th, 2007, 12:51 AM
I'd buy premium if not for that icon thing. I don't like it. :tape:

dybbuk
May 11th, 2007, 12:59 AM
No

Edit: and you dont have to run around being a hater

He has some right to be. He has made avatars for how long now? All of that went down the drain, as only a handful of people will even be able to use them now. Secondly, he's 16 y/o, as am I, do you really expect us to pay money to have a normal sized avatar? Avatars are (were I guess now) a huge part of WTAworld, and not only did you cruelly ruin all the work avatar makers did, you are making people pay to have a picture next to their name basically. You do all this, yet still allow people to have signatures that take up 2/3's of the entire page themselves.

Steve
May 11th, 2007, 01:05 AM
He has some right to be. He has made avatars for how long now? All of that went down the drain, as only a handful of people will even be able to use them now. Secondly, he's 16 y/o, as am I, do you really expect us to pay money to have a normal sized avatar? Avatars are (were I guess now) a huge part of WTAworld, and not only did you cruelly ruin all the work avatar makers did, you are making people pay to have a picture next to their name basically. You do all this, yet still allow people to have signatures that take up 2/3's of the entire page themselves.
But the sites still free for those who are unable or choose not to pay. Our intention is to keep the site free for everyone. And in order for that to happen there has to be some sort of revenue to cover the monthly fees and hardware. Hence the ads and premium memberships.

dybbuk
May 11th, 2007, 01:17 AM
But the sites still free for those who are unable or choose not to pay. Our intention is to keep the site free for everyone. And in order for that to happen there has to be some sort of revenue to cover the monthly fees and hardware. Hence the ads and premium memberships.

Could you not entice people to donate without making such a radical change in the avatar size? 96x96 is a huge change that ruins avatars now. Any avatar that size looks horrible. So why not make the free accounts size to actually be big enough that it is worth it to have avatars? Then maybe cutting down the length of free accounts signatures?

Dan23
May 11th, 2007, 01:18 AM
I can live with this one until at least the end of RG :p

If each avatar everyone uploaded overwrote the previous one wouldnt that save space? Rather than having all previous ones stored as the forum seemed to do before?

Rocketta
May 11th, 2007, 01:22 AM
that's stupid.
I know you guys are upset about Avatars but just think back to when they closed the site down for lack of revenue. Text based signatures are no where near as big as graphics so the savings in bandwidth from cutting down signatures doesn't compare to the savings from avatars. I don't think any of us want to go back to where we almost lost the site because it was too much of a financial burden to the owners? I know it's hard for teens to pay for memberships, it would've been hard for me in my teen years. Have y'all even considered asking your parents to pay? I would if I was 16. My mom would say no but I would try. :o

Steve
May 11th, 2007, 01:22 AM
Avatar size isnt about space being used nor is it a ploy to entice people to become premium. Its the standard we use on all of the sports forums within the VS network.

dybbuk
May 11th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Sorry :lol: Finding out it has nothing to do with the financial state of this board really just made this all worse :lol:

Erika_Angel
May 11th, 2007, 01:29 AM
To be honest, I didn't even notice that many were smaller :shrug: ... and just checking, I guess there not lol. I guess you can only change to a smaller avatar now is that right?

Rocketta
May 11th, 2007, 01:29 AM
well learn something new everyday. :lol:

Well it use to be about space. :spit:

hurricanejeanne
May 11th, 2007, 01:37 AM
To be honest, I didn't even notice that many were smaller :shrug: ... and just checking, I guess there not lol. I guess you can only change to a smaller avatar now is that right?

Yeah, if you go to change your avatar, it'll have to be the newer, smaller size.

It's just sucky, I loved the larger avatars, it helped make each poster identifiable through their avatar a lot of the time, personalized it more. It's sad that they have to be shrunk down.

Scotso
May 11th, 2007, 01:47 AM
I'm glad my avatar is something I can keep for a while.

Scotso
May 11th, 2007, 01:49 AM
I'd buy premium if not for that icon thing. I don't like it. :tape:

Me, either. It's so big and gaudy.

I also really hate the new icon beside tabs. Is it some multicolored tennis ball? It's so ugly.

BARBIE
May 11th, 2007, 02:01 AM
I'm glad my avatar is something I can keep for a while.

Yup, mine too :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Steve
May 11th, 2007, 02:06 AM
Sorry :lol: Finding out it has nothing to do with the financial state of this board really just made this all worse :lol:
?? You might want to read it again

dybbuk
May 11th, 2007, 02:13 AM
Avatar size isnt about space being used nor is it a ploy to entice people to become premium. Its the standard we use on all of the sports forums within the VS network.

I read it perfectly the first time, thanks :)

You say here that it has nothing to do with saving space, correct?

You also say it has nothing to do with trying to entice people to pay, correct?

It is simply a 'standard'. I read it correctly, you might have been the one to type incorrectly, go back and check. :)

Steve
May 11th, 2007, 02:16 AM
I read it perfectly the first time, thanks :)

You say here that it has nothing to do with saving space, correct?

You also say it has nothing to do with trying to entice people to pay, correct?

It is simply a 'standard'. I read it correctly, you might have been the one to type incorrectly, go back and check. :)
Ill pm you to explain, no sense in boring everyone with a conversation between the two of us.

Paule22
May 11th, 2007, 02:23 AM
But it's correct in a way...

Steve
May 11th, 2007, 02:35 AM
Well, ill post my pm here but thats the end of it. I dont want to get into financial discussions. Id rather ya'll just use the board and have fun, let us carry the burden :lol:

In regards to your misunderstanding. VS has purchased servers therefore space is no longer an issue Avatars are not intended to entice people however we should be able to give something back to those who have supported the site. VS is technically in debt with the tennis forums and there are still monthly bandwidth payments. Various forms of revenue have to be explored to recoup the costs. I think its a fair trade to keep the site free for you all to enjoy.

selyoink
May 11th, 2007, 03:16 AM

Though Craig is practically unrecognizable now.

Alicia Rocks
May 11th, 2007, 06:42 AM
Damn :(

Sammy 4 eva!!!
May 11th, 2007, 06:43 AM
Ohh I accindently changed them!!!! Grr please change them back it perosnlised everyone!!!!! I'm goin to miss them!!!!

Lunaris
May 11th, 2007, 08:38 AM
96x96 :lol:
One of the biggest boards out there has probably the smallest avatars. That's the way how to make it attractive and comfortable for its members. :cool:

With each and every "upgrade" I am more and more scared. What will come next? Paying for changing usernames? Oh, wait... that's not that bad idea...

FrenchY52
May 11th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Pfffffffffffffffffffffffff
:( :sad: :(

FrenchY52
May 11th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Now i have to keep this Monica avatar forever :sobbing:

star
May 11th, 2007, 12:19 PM
With each and every "upgrade" I am more and more scared. What will come next? Paying for changing usernames? Oh, wait... that's not that bad idea...

I would actually do that. A lot. :o I'd rather pay for that than for avatars.

Meteor Shower
May 11th, 2007, 12:25 PM
I don't get it, why won't we get a normal site avatars (130x130) like before and the premium members would get (deservably) much bigger sizes (260x260)?

96x96 is like joking at us, I'd rather non-avatars at all.

Kim's_fan_4ever
May 11th, 2007, 12:26 PM
:(

Patrick S
May 11th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Why does avatars have to be stored on the server? Why can´t it be stored and hotlinked from places like photobucket, that is after all what these kind of services are made for. Then you wouldn´t have to worry about extra bandwidth costs.

wtn_amanda
May 11th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Why does avatars have to be stored on the server? Why canīt it be stored and hotlinked from places like photobucket, that is after all what these kind of services are made for. Then you wouldnīt have to worry about extra bandwidth costs.

Then you have to worry about the reliablity of third-party servers. For example, if the servers hosting avatars wtaworld, it would slow down the load of pages of the site and the team would have less control over the quality of service. And I guarantee people would think WTAworld was at fault in situations were dead avatars caused pages to load at a snails pace :)

Cage
May 11th, 2007, 04:27 PM
I think wtaworld should be trying to make profit to be honest. Fees dont come out of no where. They have been running a great server for us to post and enjoy and when they ask for us to help them we complain about avy's :shrug: unfair .. no not unfair i think its fair to pay something back to them.

LDF
May 11th, 2007, 04:39 PM
:(

Thankfully I'll be happy to keep this avatar for a long time, but I understand other people's frustrations.

Uranus
May 11th, 2007, 06:49 PM
OMG the new avatars are so small!

Belco
May 11th, 2007, 06:57 PM
OMG the new avatars are so small!

<----------- look what premium can get you :angel:
ask somebody who has a paypal account to sign up for you :)

Sammy 4 eva!!!
May 12th, 2007, 03:06 AM
I'm goin to get Pemium!!!

RJWCapriati
May 12th, 2007, 05:58 AM
Guess I'm stuck with Lindsay for a while!! :yeah: :smash:

LindsayRulz
May 12th, 2007, 06:05 AM
Guess I'm stuck with Lindsay for a while!! :yeah: :smash:

And me with a Jen! :lol:

RJWCapriati
May 12th, 2007, 06:53 AM
And me with a Jen! :lol:

I love yours.....we should have traded a while back!!

Привет
May 12th, 2007, 09:21 AM
I can't decide which is more of an eyesore, the tiny avatars or the premium member icons.

Привет
May 12th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Look's like I'm stuck with Misha's back for awhile then :lol:

Rocketta
May 12th, 2007, 09:38 AM
<------------------------ ;)
I can't decide which is more of an eyesore, the tiny avatars or the premium member icons.

Belco
May 12th, 2007, 09:43 AM
maybe they need a tennis theme in the premium tag things.. might stop ppl complaining of sore eyes

Edward.
May 12th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Oh come on!!!
95x95 for an avatar? What's going on there?
Please make it 140x140! :awww:

I know, its a joke. Its a shame the admins are more in favour of lining their pockets with money while shafting the loyal members of this site in the process.

I'm really sorry man, its completely shit and completely unfair that your avatar thread will now die. :hug:

Rocketta
May 12th, 2007, 03:15 PM
I know, its a joke. Its a shame the admins are more in favour of lining their pockets with money while shafting the loyal members of this site in the process.

I'm really sorry man, its completely shit and completely unfair that your avatar thread will now die. :hug:

Well that's completely baseless and unfair. If they wanted to line their pockets they would've stripped all the features from free members and offered subscription services a long time ago. :rolleyes:

Edward.
May 12th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Well that's completely baseless and unfair. If they wanted to line their pockets they would've stripped all the features from free members and offered subscription services a long time ago. :rolleyes:

Lets not put up any false pretenses shall we?

I belong to many forums, most of them much bigger than this one, and not a single one scrounges off its members for money and penalises them when they refuse to pay.

Craigy
May 12th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Be careful Edward, if you complain too much you'll be banned from having an avatar or signature :) Because that's how the great admins like to sort problems out instead of talking :yeah:

Rocketta
May 12th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Lets not put up any false pretenses shall we?

I belong to many forums, most of them much bigger than this one, and not a single one scrounges off its members for money and penalises them when they refuse to pay.

So? What does that have to do with the motives of the creators of this site? :scratch:

You do know how and by who this board was started right? I mean get some perspective it's an avatar not timeout in the corner.

and quite frankly, most of the complaints aren't coming across as morality issues but more, I can't pay therefore it stinks. Alot of the complaints would be null invoid if people could pay for the service, imo.

Fyi, if you think the majority of the people who ponied up the money did so for the few extra ammenities offered I have some swamp land to sell you.

Belco
May 12th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Be careful Edward, if you complain too much you'll be banned from having an avatar or signature :) Because that's how the great admins like to sort problems out instead of talking :yeah:

some forums dont even let u have avatars

WhatTheDeuce
May 12th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Why not let the non-paying members have the 140x140 avatars (like they always were) and let the premium and lifetime members have the 144x168 larger ones.

Blah, it's too bad. Everyone's avatar thread is closing and the hundreds of ones I've made feel useless now. :(

Come on, Steve.

Edward.
May 12th, 2007, 03:52 PM
So? What does that have to do with the motives of the creators of this site? :scratch:

You do know how and by who this board was started right? I mean get some perspective it's an avatar not timeout in the corner.

and quite frankly, most of the complaints aren't coming across as morality issues but more, I can't pay therefore it stinks. Alot of the complaints would be null invoid if people could pay for the service, imo.

Fyi, if you think the majority of the people who ponied up the money did so for the few extra ammenities offered I have some swamp land to sell you.

The site was running perfectly fine before, and now this "upgrade" has come along, and we are supposed to believe the forum is dying on its legs and needs to rob its members of cash to survive. I just dont buy it.

If you need to scrounge, do so, but penalising the loyal members of this site for not agreeing to do so is completely wrong and totally shit IMO.

Be careful Edward, if you complain too much you'll be banned from having an avatar or signature Because that's how the great admins like to sort problems out instead of talking

Oh, none of the crazy ideas of the pseudo-fascists running this site surprise me anymore. These are the same bunch that banned me for a month for posting a photoshopped photo, while allowing a thread full of photoshopped avatars in NT forum to stay open.

Craigy
May 12th, 2007, 04:08 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who is upset with the avatar size reduction.
I don't think its fair making a 16 year old pay, just to use an avatar.
Its not like I care about the rest of the stuff in a premium account.

Belco
May 12th, 2007, 04:19 PM

If that 16 year old really wants that avy sooooo soooo much then they can visit http://www.resize2mail.com/advanced.php and resize the avy. EASY!

gumoll
May 12th, 2007, 04:21 PM
:yawn:

stupid small avatars :rolleyes:

Craigy
May 12th, 2007, 04:25 PM
If that 16 year old really wants that avy sooooo soooo much then they can visit http://www.resize2mail.com/advanced.php and resize the avy. EASY!

Uhm just no.

Belco
May 12th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Uhm just no.

why no? thats the only way you can reuse the avys that were made for 140x140..

Rocketta
May 12th, 2007, 04:34 PM
The site was running perfectly fine before, and now this "upgrade" has come along, and we are supposed to believe the forum is dying on its legs and needs to rob its members of cash to survive. I just dont buy it.

If you need to scrounge, do so, but penalising the loyal members of this site for not agreeing to do so is completely wrong and totally shit IMO.

Oh, none of the crazy ideas of the pseudo-fascists running this site surprise me anymore. These are the same bunch that banned me for a month for posting a photoshopped photo, while allowing a thread full of photoshopped avatars in NT forum to stay open.

So that's a no, you don't know how the board started? Where you here when they closed down? Did you contribute then?

Frankly, you should thank your lucky stars this site isn't run by me because I would show you what a real pseudo-fascists looks like and it's not this board where you get to bitch and moan about losing a few inches on your avatar. :o

Craigy
May 12th, 2007, 04:34 PM
why no? thats the only way you can reuse the avys that were made for 140x140..

Everyone wants 140x140. 96x96 is an awful size for making avatars.

LindsayRulz
May 12th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Why not let the non-paying members have the 140x140 avatars (like they always were) and let the premium and lifetime members have the 144x168 larger ones.

Blah, it's too bad. Everyone's avatar thread is closing and the hundreds of ones I've made feel useless now. :(

Come on, Steve.

It's exactly what I thought.

Rocketta
May 12th, 2007, 04:36 PM

I'm all for 16 year olds not having to pay are you all for 16 year olds having restrictions like number of posts/reps per day? Or do you think you should get special priviledges just because your 16.

Really I'm curious though why shouldn't 16 year olds have to pay? :scratch:

Belco
May 12th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Everyone wants 140x140. 96x96 is an awful size for making avatars.

everybody will end up getting used to it. Just like i am with this Maroon colour

Rocketta
May 12th, 2007, 04:38 PM
everybody will end up getting used to it. Just like i am with this Maroon colour

now that I don't know about! :unsure: :o

Craigy
May 12th, 2007, 04:39 PM
I'm all for 16 year olds not having to pay are you all for 16 year olds having restrictions like number of posts/reps per day? Or do you think you should get special priviledges just because your 16.

Really I'm curious though why shouldn't 16 year olds have to pay? :scratch:

Oh nevermind. What's the point in even trying to put your point across, all you guys do is ban us from what we like etc. I give up.

Belco
May 12th, 2007, 04:40 PM
now that I don't know about! :unsure: :o

give it a few more days or weeks :cool:

Rocketta
May 12th, 2007, 04:41 PM
give it a few more days or weeks :cool:

ah, no I went back to the red.... ASAP! :p

Craigy
May 12th, 2007, 04:42 PM

I doubt it, nobody likes 96x96. You can't do anything with an avatar that size.

Belco
May 12th, 2007, 04:44 PM
ah, no I went back to the red.... ASAP! :p

doesnt bother me anymore :) i like it now :) although i thought about going back to grey but i knew i needed some time to adapt to the new design

Rocketta
May 12th, 2007, 04:47 PM
doesnt bother me anymore :) i like it now :) although i thought about going back to grey but i knew i needed some time to adapt to the new design

there's more ads....and it's way too busy for me. :o

Belco
May 12th, 2007, 04:47 PM
I doubt it, nobody likes 96x96. You can't do anything with an avatar that size.

ok what can u do with a avy of 140x140 and cant with 97x97

Seems like u did something with ur avy (97x97) that u could have done with 140x140 :confused:

Rocketta
May 12th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Oh nevermind. What's the point in even trying to put your point across, all you guys do is ban us from what we like etc. I give up.

I'm not a mod or admin so I don't ban anyone from anywhere. Secondly, I really wanted to know what is your rationale for feeling 16 year olds shouldn't have to pay?

Craigy
May 12th, 2007, 04:53 PM
ok what can u do with a avy of 140x140 and cant with 97x97

Seems like u did something with ur avy (97x97) that u could have done with 140x140 :confused:

140x140 works better with selective colouring, brushes, softening and sharpening etc..

Belco
May 12th, 2007, 04:57 PM
140x140 works better with selective colouring, brushes, softening and sharpening etc..

:tape:

Craigy
May 12th, 2007, 04:58 PM
:tape:

Is there a problem? Because the last time I checked, I was the one who actually made avatars :confused:

Belco
May 12th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Is there a problem? Because the last time I checked, I was the one who actually made avatars :confused:

no problem. but i asked what you cant do with 97x97 compare to 140x140 not why 140x140 is better

Craigy
May 12th, 2007, 05:06 PM
no problem. but i asked what you cant do with 97x97 compare to 140x140 not why 140x140 is better

Ok, its too small. Some pics look absolutely crap.
You can't add some text because its so small you can't make it out.
You can't sharpen/smooth the pic because it turns it a mess.
You can't add the borders you would use in a proper avatar, it looks awful.
All in all it just looks much worse.
Everybody wants 140x140 avatars. Isn't there something else that could have been reduced? :sad:

Belco
May 12th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Ok, its too small. Some pics look absolutely crap.
You can't add some text because its so small you can't make it out.
You can't sharpen/smooth the pic because it turns it a mess.
You can't add the borders you would use in a proper avatar, it looks awful.
All in all it just looks much worse.
Everybody wants 140x140 avatars. Isn't there something else that could have been reduced? :sad:

YAY :worship: maybe thats what u should have posted from the beginning so steve knows why 97x97 is maybe too small :)

Rocketta
May 12th, 2007, 05:11 PM
YAY :worship: maybe thats what u should have posted from the beginning so steve knows why 97x97 is maybe too small :)

yeah because questioning their morals, ethics and judgement certainly wasn't going to work. :o <not referring to Craig>

Craigy
May 12th, 2007, 05:12 PM

:sad: Unfortunately I doubt it would make much difference.

Dave.
May 12th, 2007, 05:18 PM
OK I am confused here:confused: :confused:

Why has everything changed here? Why are the avatars smaller now?

Someone fill me in please:wavey: Why did anything have to change? The site was perfect!

Craigy
May 12th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Which one is better?
http://i5.tinypic.com/4p4vdz6.jpg or http://i10.tinypic.com/4p2z4n8.jpg

FrenchY52
May 12th, 2007, 06:06 PM
OK I am confused here:confused: :confused:

Why has everything changed here? Why are the avatars smaller now?

Someone fill me in please:wavey: Why did anything have to change? The site was perfect!

Yeah, it used to be perfect. Now it's just :tape: ..
:sad:

FrenchY52
May 12th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Which one is better?

The small avatars are definitely rotten yeah ..
If only they told they were gonna make everything worse :sobbing: .. Cause i would have prefered to keep a TATI avatar FOREVER :(

Lulu.
May 12th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Oooh I was getting ready to change my avatar :unsure:

Im glad I didnt the small ones do suck but oh well I can keep this one for a while

RJWCapriati
May 12th, 2007, 06:25 PM
I do agree Craig........its sad they would do that after you and so many other's have spent HOURS on making threads just for the avatars. There could have @ least been a warning of sorts weeks ago letting you avatar creators know about the change coming up. :shrug:

Patrick S
May 12th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Hey, why doesnīt non-paying members get one of those disgusting buttons. I want something like this.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r199/patrickdragonfly/tennis/cheap.gif :lol:

Craigy
May 12th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Hey, why doesnīt non-paying members get one of those disgusting buttons. I want something like this.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r199/patrickdragonfly/tennis/cheap.gif :lol:

:haha: :rolls:

Belco
May 12th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Which one is better?

:scratch:
No difference in visible quality. One bigger than the other

Craigy
May 12th, 2007, 07:06 PM
So Steve, all these people have been complaining too. Why don't you ban them from having an avatar/signature? :)

~CANUCK~
May 12th, 2007, 07:07 PM
So Steve, all these people have been complaining too. Why don't you ban them from having an avatar/signature? :)

Who did he ban for complaining?

gocanadago
May 12th, 2007, 07:07 PM
The small avatars suck.

Lefty.
May 12th, 2007, 07:10 PM
I'm not a mod or admin so I don't ban anyone from anywhere. Secondly, I really wanted to know what is your rationale for feeling 16 year olds shouldn't have to pay?

Well if I wanted to become a premium member, I wouldn't be able to pay myself and I would have to ask my parents for the money to become a premium member and if they say no, then I just can't do it. But if I am able to make my own money then I would be able to pay.

Craigy
May 12th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Who did he ban for complaining?

He banned me from having an avatar or signature for 7 days.

Belco
May 12th, 2007, 07:13 PM
edited

~CANUCK~
May 12th, 2007, 07:13 PM

But I can still see your avy and sig.

Belco
May 12th, 2007, 07:14 PM

i wonder what ur avatar and signature contained

Craigy
May 12th, 2007, 07:15 PM
But I can still see your avy and sig.

Yeah, I can't see them though.

Craigy
May 12th, 2007, 07:15 PM
i wonder what ur avatar and signature contained

People have had far worse avatars/signature than me and they have been told nicely to change them.

~CANUCK~
May 12th, 2007, 07:18 PM
People have had far worse avatars/signature than me and they have been told nicely to change them.

Im sure it had more to do with the constant complaining rather then what was in the sig or avy.

-sugi-
May 12th, 2007, 07:20 PM
I fully agree with Craig here. I miss the 140x140. It was a great size, not too big and not too small.

Thankfully just before the redesign I dug up one of my favourite avatars ever of my favourite player and I am stuck with that one at least.

But please Steve, I know you are a reasonable person, so please find it in your heart to allow us to have our good old 140x140 back :yeah:
Hopefully I won't lose my sig and av for this :scared:

Craigy
May 12th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Im sure it had more to do with the constant complaining rather then what was in the sig or avy.

I know. I understand that, but whatever I can wait.

~CANUCK~
May 12th, 2007, 07:22 PM
I know. I understand that, but whatever I can wait.

Just wondering, were you here when they took away they avy's completely. We went for a few months with no avy's at all. Would you rather they have done that again?

Petkorazzi
May 12th, 2007, 07:23 PM
I dont notice any change in my sig :confused: though it'll be horrible if it gets smaller!

~CANUCK~
May 12th, 2007, 07:24 PM
I dont notice any change in my sig :confused: though it'll be horrible if it gets smaller!

Thats because they didn't make any changes to the sigs.

Craigy
May 12th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Just wondering, were you here when they took away they avy's completely. We went for a few months with no avy's at all. Would you rather they have done that again?

I'm not sure, probably. That was different though, that was an erros.

~CANUCK~
May 12th, 2007, 07:26 PM
I'm not sure, probably. That was different though, that was an erros.

As far as I remember it was intentional on their part.

Petkorazzi
May 12th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Thats because they didn't make any changes to the sigs.

Sorry, I meant Avatar :smash:

~CANUCK~
May 12th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Sorry, I meant Avatar :smash:

You will only notice the difference when you make a new one. If you keep your old one nothing will change.

Craigy
May 12th, 2007, 07:28 PM
As far as I remember it was intentional on their part.

I doubt it was intentional. Why would they stop the use of avatars for no reason...

Petkorazzi
May 12th, 2007, 07:28 PM
You will only notice the difference when you make a new one. If you keep your old one nothing will change.

thank God I made it before this .. I love it!!!:drool:

gocanadago
May 12th, 2007, 07:29 PM

But having the same avy forever will become boring :o but we won't change it cause of the 96x96 rules :o :o :o :o

James
May 12th, 2007, 07:31 PM
I doubt it was intentional. Why would they stop the use of avatars for no reason...

There was a long time there were no avatars at all even. So I guess we have to be thankful we can still have them. Maybe the old size will be restored at some point, who knows.

~CANUCK~
May 12th, 2007, 07:32 PM

It wasn't for no reason. It was money issues I believe. You missed the good old years where avy's were smaller then 96 x 96 (as far as i remember) and you weren't allowed to make your own, you had to pick from a list of like 20 avy's that they offered you. Trust me there are far worst things that they could have done to us then just reduction of avy size. Imagine if we were stuck choosing between 20 different Justine pics to use as our avy :help:

Craigy
May 12th, 2007, 07:32 PM
There was a long time there were no avatars at all even. So I guess we have to be thankful we can still have them. Maybe the old size will be restored at some point, who knows.

Hopefully.

gumoll
May 12th, 2007, 07:33 PM
http://www.cosgan.de/smiliegenerator/ablage/406/81.png

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilie-generator/image/blue%5E_%5Earial%5E_%5E0%5E_%5E1%5E_%5EWE+WANNA+14 0x140+AVATARS%5E_%5E.gif

gocanadago
May 12th, 2007, 07:34 PM
It wasn't for no reason. It was money issues I believe. You missed the good old years where avy's were smaller then 96 x 96 (as far as i remember) and you weren't allowed to make your own, you had to pick from a list of like 20 avy's that they offered you. Trust me there are far worst things that they could have done to us then just reduction of avy size. Imagine if we were stuck choosing between 20 different Justin pics to use as our avy :help:

But why can't they reduce the size of the sigs instead of the one of the avy's??? it would be the same thing but nobody would care about it.

Craigy
May 12th, 2007, 07:34 PM
It wasn't for no reason. It was money issues I believe. You missed the good old years where avy's were smaller then 96 x 96 (as far as i remember) and you weren't allowed to make your own, you had to pick from a list of like 20 avy's that they offered you. Trust me there are far worst things that they could have done to us then just reduction of avy size. Imagine if we were stuck choosing between 20 different Justin pics to use as our avy :help:

:lol: Well you're right, I just hope we can have our avatars back.
Is there nothing else that could be taken away/reduced? :sad:

James
May 12th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Hopefully.

And you can still get a better size with the premium membership. It's not that big an amount to pay.

~CANUCK~
May 12th, 2007, 07:36 PM
But why can't they reduce the size of the sigs instead of the one of the avy's??? it would be the same thing but nobody would care about it.

Then what exactly would be the point in reducing it. They want to give extra reasons for people to give them money. Reducing something that no one gives a rats ass about won't exactly send people running to their cheque books now will it.

Craigy
May 12th, 2007, 07:37 PM
And you can still get a better size with the premium membership. It's not that big an amount to pay.

Read what Vivian "Lefty_Rock" Said. I'm in exactly the same position as her.
And I only what an avatar, I don't care about the rest of the premium account stuff.

~CANUCK~
May 12th, 2007, 07:40 PM
And I only what an avatar, I don't care about the rest of the premium account stuff.

Ok but you shouldn't be looking at it like that. Buying a membership isn't about buying extra features. Its about supporting a website that you clearly love. They are asking for help and giving people extra reasons for wanting to help.

Craigy
May 12th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Ok but you shouldn't be looking at it like that. Buying a membership isn't about buying extra features. Its about supporting a website that you clearly love. They are asking for help and giving people extra reasons for wanting to help.

Well they should have just said that in the first place.
And I simply can't get a premium account.

James
May 12th, 2007, 07:42 PM

Ok, fair enough, I looked up the comment. I wonder though, when I was 16 I had already saved money of my own with small jobs and all that. It does not seem to be such a big amount.

Craigy
May 12th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Ok, fair enough, I looked up the comment. I wonder though, when I was 16 I had already saved money of my own with small jobs and all that. It does not seem to be such a big amount.

I can't get a job right now though.

~CANUCK~
May 12th, 2007, 07:45 PM

You should start charging people for your avy's. You will be able to make 10$ in like an hour. :lol:

Belco
May 12th, 2007, 07:46 PM

do some chores around the house :p

Craigy
May 12th, 2007, 07:46 PM
You should start charging people for your avy's. You will be able to make 10$ in like an hour. :lol:

:haha: If only I thought of that :p

Craigy
May 12th, 2007, 07:47 PM
do some chores around the house :p

I wouldn't get money for that.

James
And your parents won't help out either or maybe a brother or sister?

Belco
Imagine if we were stuck choosing between 20 different Justine pics to use as our avy :help:

OMG! :eek: :help: :bolt:

FrenchY52
May 12th, 2007, 07:49 PM

Yeha it isn't too expensive, so what ? Having to pay to be able to use a NORMAL avatar on a forum is just :rolleyes: :help: :eek:

Craigy
May 12th, 2007, 07:49 PM

My parents would tell me to wise up :lol: And I hardly talk to my brother.

Belco
May 12th, 2007, 07:50 PM

when somebody needs $$ to buy something they find a way to get it!

Belco
May 12th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Yeha it isn't too expensive, so what ? Having to pay to be able to use a NORMAL avatar on a forum is just :rolleyes: :help: :eek:

how do u know 140x140 is a NORMAL size avy??? every forum has different size avatars. There is no NORMAL size for an avy. Varies from site to site :help:

James
May 12th, 2007, 07:54 PM

It is not a big amount and the site is free for the rest. Money should be generated in some way, cause otherwise there won't be any site left after a while. I doubt you want that.

Kim's_fan_4ever
May 12th, 2007, 07:55 PM
I'm with Craig on the avatar thing. The 96X96 avatars are too small...

Craigy
May 12th, 2007, 07:55 PM
how do u know 140x140 is a NORMAL size avy??? every forum has different size avatars. There is no NORMAL size for an avy. Varies from site to site :help:

On nearly every other forum I have been on you can have avatars much bigger.
And if there is something about money, could they stop letting new members join? Such as TROLLS? I've never seen a message board with so many trolls.

Steve
May 12th, 2007, 07:59 PM
-Premium tags etc will be changed to be smaller.
-Premium members pm boxes will be back up to 5000

Closed