PDA

View Full Version : A good choice in the end??

BuTtErFrEnA
May 8th, 2007, 01:42 PM
With how the rain has gone was it a good choice in the end for Serena to not play Berlin...she would probably have had to play days in a row and then still play Rome especially if she got to the finals of both....even if she wasn't injured...I think it was a good choice...what about you??

santhuruu
May 8th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Yes I think it is a good decision, cause rain makes your legs tired I found that out yesterday lol. I think it is also smart cause then Serena won't catch a cold out there. I hope the sun will shine in Rome and makes the clay courts fast, just the way Serena wants it:)

Olórin
May 8th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Yes I think it was a good decision, shame she went out so early in Charleston really though, Charleston and Rome are the ideal RG prep for Serena.

As long as she's not injured anymore that's all that matters really :)

winone23
May 9th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Yes I think it was a good decision, shame she went out so early in Charleston really though, Charleston and Rome are the ideal RG prep for Serena.

As long as she's not injured anymore that's all that matters really :)

agree.

serenafan08
May 10th, 2007, 10:55 PM
This has been a blessing in disguise. Hopefully she's rested and ready to make a big run in Rome! :bounce:

Rod the Bama
May 11th, 2007, 02:28 AM
I think it was the right move by Serena. Besides i think Rome is a better prep for RG.

Bayo
May 11th, 2007, 03:12 AM
Let's hope. Serena doesn't need matchplay to go deep in tournaments. I'm just hoping for a solid result in Roma. Then onward to Paris.

StarDuvallGrant
May 11th, 2007, 03:42 AM
Let's hope. Serena doesn't need matchplay to go deep in tournaments. I'm just hoping for a solid result in Roma. Then onward to Paris.

I feel the same way.

archie4
May 11th, 2007, 04:09 AM
As much as I would have liked to have seen Serena play in Berlin, the rain has been absolutely disgusting. Still, I really would like to see Serena play a warm up tournament for Roland Garros. Please... let Serena be in Rome :worship: !

BuTtErFrEnA
May 11th, 2007, 12:49 PM
maybe some of these players will pull out of Rome (for those that entered) cause playing 2 times in one day then still having to play the next day...may get a depleted draw at Rome...good or bad?? do we want her facing JH or any big people or does she just need matches

Vaidisova
May 11th, 2007, 12:52 PM
do we want her facing JH or any big people or does she just need matches

Justine isn't playing Rome ;) Top 8 seeds as of now are -

1. Amelie
2. Sveta
3. Jelena
4. Nicole
5. Nadia
6. Dinara
7. Anna
8. Serena

A match with any of these players would be a good test for Serena.

BuTtErFrEnA
May 11th, 2007, 12:56 PM
oh my bad LOL should get a better draw hopefully....who would be the biggest test on clay out of them all....Nadia??

Vaidisova
May 11th, 2007, 12:57 PM
yeah still no withdrawal from Serena yet. The draw is out tomorrow and hopefully Serena will be in it :p

Two weeks until RG draw is out. :D

BuTtErFrEnA
May 11th, 2007, 01:01 PM
I know!!! I want to see that draw....first time I've been truly excited cause both sisters are playing a GS since AO 06 :D

Vaidisova
May 11th, 2007, 01:02 PM
I'm just excited she will be playing because the last time she played was in 2004. :lol: If she won RG this year it would be such an amazing accomplishment.

BuTtErFrEnA
May 11th, 2007, 01:06 PM
do you think it would put pressure on her to then win the GS??

archie4
May 11th, 2007, 02:15 PM
I really hope Serena is playing in Rome! Now that there have been some pull-outs by top players (like Hingis), she'll be seeded in the top 8, which gives her a good draw. Come on Serena :bounce: !