Bероника
May 7th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Go Eleni!!! :D

forever_rafter
May 7th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Order of play for Tuesday :

Steffi Graf Stadium
Matches start at 10.00am
Eleni Daniilidou (GRE) vs. Martina Müller (GER)
Elena Dementieva (RUS) vs. Mara Santangelo (ITA)
Laura Granville (USA) vs. Ana Ivanovic (SRB)
Patty Schnyder (SUI) vs. Roberta Vinci (ITA)
Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) vs. Zuzana Ondraskova (CZE)
TBA
Daniilidou / Woher vs. Jankovic / Li

Eurosport starts live coverage from noon so we better pray for rain in order to have a chance to see Eleni :)

forever_rafter
May 8th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Eleni lost 0-6,2-6. Somebody hit me hard please

Nervenbuendel
May 8th, 2007, 03:00 PM
The Conditions of play are very unconfortable in Berlin. It's cold and windy in addition to this the clouds are filled with rain, guess Eleni does not like such kind of situations. Nevertheless this is a horrible result.

forever_rafter
May 8th, 2007, 07:12 PM
The Conditions of play are very unconfortable in Berlin. It's cold and windy in addition to this the clouds are filled with rain, guess Eleni does not like such kind of situations. Nevertheless this is a horrible result.

I agree but let's not forget conditions are the same for all players. What a bad day, all the players I was rooting for today lost...

forever_rafter
May 11th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Eleni and Jaz lost so Rome is next for our Greek girl

Nervenbuendel
May 11th, 2007, 07:01 PM
I agree but let's not forget conditions are the same for all players. What a bad day, all the players I was rooting for today lost...

Ula :)

Yes is it is - it's true. But in the end we all know that Eleni is a child of the sun (she loves the burning heat in Australia, shining sun at grasscourts) and mediteranean climate. Peer was also not able to handle this needle cold. ;)

Warzawa and Berlin were not lucky this year with regards to weather (seems that even light snowfall in Warzawa appeared on May 1st).

Rome is straight ahead, things are going to get better soon

forever_rafter
May 11th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Ula :)

Yes is it is - it's true. But in the end we all know that Eleni is a child of the sun (she loves the burning heat in Australia, shining sun at grasscourts) and mediteranean climate. Peer was also not able to handle this needle cold. ;)

Warzawa and Berlin were not lucky this year with regards to weather (seems that even light snowfall in Warzawa appeared on May 1st).

Rome is straight ahead, things are going to get better soon

True, my German friend (don't know what is your name so forgive me adressing you this way). Let's hope once the weather is warmer Eleni's game improves. You and me, on the other hand, must cope with this weather as it is. We can't go to sunny Rome or steamy and hot Australia. Maybe one day :) I am afraid next year Eleni will skip Warsaw again and I will have no other choice but go to Berlin :)
By the way, were you in Berlin? Maybe could share some pics with us? We are always happy to see any pic of Eleni or a glimpse on TV, even youtube.
Cheers,
Ula