Q-Safarova
Stosur-Chakvetadze
Srebotnik-Tu
Pennetta-Vakulenko
Q-Barrois
bye-Mauresmo

~|Naomi|~
May 6th, 2007, 12:53 AM
I think if Lucie can lift her form this is quite a nice draw, a qualifier to open. Other players in her section - Stosur who struggles on clay, Anna who retired in Warsaw and Safina who Lucie has a great record against.

Come on Lucie - show your Fed Cup form.

Good Luck!!

Lunaris
May 6th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Savchuk is the first opponent of Lucie's. Good luck Lucka.

~|Naomi|~
May 7th, 2007, 03:00 AM
Good Luck Lucka:bounce:

~|Naomi|~
May 7th, 2007, 03:01 AM
OOP Monday

Court 3

Matches start at 11.00am
Meghann Shaughnessy (USA) vs. Tathiana Garbin (ITA)
Olga Savchuk (UKR) vs Lucie Safarova (CZE)
Galina Voskobeva (RUS) vs. Virginia Ruano Pascual (CZE)
Kaia Kanepi (EST) vs. Kateryna Bondarenko (UKR)

~|Naomi|~
May 7th, 2007, 03:57 AM
Lucie has nothing to defend this week. Last year Lucka played and lost round 1 in Prague.
Lucie only has 167 points to defend for the rest of the year!!!

iPatty
May 8th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Lucie has nothing to defend this week. Last year Lucka played and lost round 1 in Prague.
Lucie only has 167 points to defend for the rest of the year!!!

seriously? :eek:

iffy start in berlin. was up a set and 5-4 (serving) before winning 6-3, 6-7, 6-0.

at least it was a strong finish. :lol:

2r vs. either chakvetadze/stosur. winnable.

Ashie_87
May 8th, 2007, 03:13 AM
well after the rain issue:p lol it's ok. She beat Stosur in US Open last year (or the year before) so:yeah:

tomasandLucie
May 9th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Court 2 - Wednesday 09th May 2007
5th Match after 10 a.m.
Lucie Safarova vs. Anna Chakvetadze (RUS)

Lunaris
May 9th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Go Lucka, after Daniela's tanking you are my only hope in Berlin. lol
Chaky is injured, anything is possible.

Lunaris
May 9th, 2007, 03:37 PM
The girl fuckin rocks. Go Lucie, tak down another russian now. :angel:
Only 52% of first serve, but won 86% from it. Faced only breakpoint in the whole match (10 service games). Even though she lost it :eek: :worship:

Hant11
May 9th, 2007, 03:51 PM
yess 6/4 6/4 !! next round vs safina

allez lucie :)

PerfectForm
May 9th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Good Job Lucie! Steamroll the compeition now !

tiptop
May 9th, 2007, 08:08 PM
I attended the match and I was deeply impressed by her performance. I haven't seen a player playing so well in quite a while. Except for that one game in the middle of the second set her serve was really on. I rarely have seen a women serving that good. She surely served like 10 aces, mostly in "critical" situations(e.g when serving for the first set etc.). In the first few games it looked a bit, as if Chakvetadze would be able to dominate from the baseline. But Lucie upped her game, played a lot of angels and hit some beautful winners. To summarize the match: Chakvetadze played good, but Lucie was evenbetter. If she continues to play like that, I can see her reaching the quarter- or even the semifinal here. I liked here before, but today she has really won my heart. :)

iPatty
May 9th, 2007, 10:36 PM
heckyes!

great win. now time to claim another top ten scalp in safina. :D

~|Naomi|~
May 10th, 2007, 09:12 AM
seriously? :eek:

Yes I am serious:) Why would I say it otherwise:shrug: :p

Break down of points Lucie has to defend for the remainder of the season.

Palermo SF 43
US Open 2nd 38
Montreal 2nd 25
Rome 2nd 25
Bangkok 2nd 16
LA 2nd 14
RG 1st 2
Bratislava 75K 1st 1
Seoul 1st 1
Forest hills 1st 1
San Diego 1st 1

& not in top 17

~|Naomi|~
May 10th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Good win against Anna. Not that I am surprised:p
Good Luck vs Dinara.
Lucka leads H2H 2-0 but this is on clay, clay is Dinara's best surface. Interested in seeing what the result is.

Lunaris
May 10th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Yes I am serious:) Why would I say it otherwise:shrug: :p

Break down of points Lucie has to defend for the remainder of the season.

Palermo SF 43
US Open 2nd 38
Montreal 2nd 25
Rome 2nd 25
Bangkok 2nd 16
LA 2nd 14
RG 1st 2
Bratislava 75K 1st 1
Seoul 1st 1
Forest hills 1st 1
San Diego 1st 1

& not in top 17
You forgot Wimbledon. Even though Lucka has one big zero to defend it's still among top 17 results as a mandatory event. :p

~|Naomi|~
May 10th, 2007, 11:34 AM
You forgot Wimbledon. Even though Lucka has one big zero to defend it's still among top 17 results as a mandatory event. :p

To me 0 is 0, nothing to defend but you are right Lucie only has 166 points to defend:lol: Well less now Berlin has gone on as it will push a 1st round loss out of top 17.

~|Naomi|~
May 10th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Actually is it?
I know if you play a GS and lose round 1 it must count in the top 17 but going by this http://www.tenniscorner.net/index.php?corner=w&action=rankingspoints&type=singles&playerid=SAL004&itrn=12 GS that aren't played don't appear to count in top 17:confused: I don't know I'm not a rankings expert:p
One tournament I did forget was Hasselt but she lost first round anyway:lol:

Ashie_87
May 10th, 2007, 12:10 PM
nice win:yeah: although her leg was strapped again:unsure: there's pics in GM

Lunaris
May 10th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Actually is it?
I know if you play a GS and lose round 1 it must count in the top 17 but going by this http://www.tenniscorner.net/index.php?corner=w&action=rankingspoints&type=singles&playerid=SAL004&itrn=12 GS that aren't played don't appear to count in top 17:confused: I don't know I'm not a rankings expert:p
One tournament I did forget was Hasselt but she lost first round anyway:lol:
It doesn't matter whether you play it or not as well as it doesn't matter whether it's a GS or not. More important is if it's a mandatory tournament. Every mandatory event (Slams and Miami) automatically counts as one of your best 17 results, that's why it's mandatory. The main purpose of these tournaments is to force the best players to play there (unless they want no points from there and like to be fined) in order for WTA to make more money, to make the matches more attractive and therefore to sell more tickets.
On the website you posted the link to, there are only 16 tournaments in that blue section and those counts as the top 17 (Wimbledon should be there as well, but since Lucka has 0, administrator of that site probably didn't find it so significant to mention it), the remaining ones are in brown or grey or what color is it. And you are right, it's only 166. :)

PerfectForm
May 11th, 2007, 02:37 AM
Lucie lost in 3 sets :( After winning the first, she seemed to have it... naybe the rain delay ruined her momentum as Lucie is a momentuum player ...

Lunaris
May 11th, 2007, 05:04 AM
I blame the rain too, but it was fairly competitive so I am fine with it.

tiptop
May 11th, 2007, 07:56 AM
I visited yesterdays match as well, but left after it began to rain at the end of the first set. Not that I did not want to stay, but I was really freezing after all this hours of rain. During the first set it was drizzling, it was cold and windy - so hardly any circumstances you want to play in. Lucie had problems with her serve, mainly cause of the wind, but from the baseline she looked superior to Dinara. I hoped they would continue today, but as I came home, I saw that she had lost. It's a pity, because I wanted to see her agin, but still she is in great form in my eyes.