PDA

View Full Version : Vamos Estefania! Craciun!

auntie janie
May 4th, 2007, 09:51 PM
How can it be that Uruguay's number one player, rising star Estefania Craciun, has no cheering thread of her own? At least, I couldn't find one. And I think she's one of the better chicas latinas out there right now.

So here 's a thread for Stefi (as I will call her for now :cool: ). Let's see how far she can get in the Charlottesville 50K, where she is playing in the QF's today -- and in the long run, let's see how high her ranking can rise by year's end.

Let's start with an Estefania factfile, courtesy of the Fed Cup web site:

*Date of Birth : 01 Jan 1987
*Place of Birth: Montevideo, Uruguay
*Height: 1.71m
*Weight: 60kg

*Right Handed

*Current WTA Rank: 287

Maybe somebody has a pic they can post. :angel:

P.S. If you want to post in Spanish in Stefi's thread, that's fine. :)

LegionArgentina
May 4th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Good idea :yeah:

Here are some pics of here (2006)

http://www.torneoscasablanca.com/galeria_evento34/martes/6144-estefania-craciun.jpg

With Daniela Muñoz mex

http://www.torneoscasablanca.com/galeria_evento34/martes/6253-munoz-craciun.jpg

Juarito
May 4th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Suerte Estefania!!

auntie janie
May 5th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the pics! :)

Estefania is still alive in Charlottesville doubles with Betina :) , though she lost in the singles in a 3rd-set tiebreaker. :(

Next week she heads down to Florida slong with a lot of the other chicas latinas, to play in the main draw of the Indian Harbor Beach 50K.

LegionArgentina
May 5th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Betina and Estefania are friends since a long time. Estefania is one year older that Betina but they have been travelling together when they were juniors and had to play 4 or 5 times each other in the ITF circuit.

Nice to see they are doing pretty well in doubles together :yeah:

auntie janie
May 6th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Kops Jones/Osterloh def Jozami/Craciun 7/6(3)-7/6(4)

Another loss in a final-set tiebreak! :mad: This was just not her week, was it. :sad:

Now on to Indian Harbor Beach. Good luck to all the chicas latinas playing there.

LegionArgentina
May 9th, 2007, 02:48 AM
Estefania Craciun last week in Charlottesville

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/6405/craciun2pg8.jpg[/QUOTE]

Juarito
May 9th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Where did you get it?

auntie janie
May 19th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Estefania made the QFs in the Palm Beach Gardens 25K. Not bad! :) In the QFs she lost to Rossana in straight sets. But I'm not going to complain about this loss, since we all love Rossana. :hearts:

Juarito
May 19th, 2007, 01:43 AM
She is in Doubles final with Betina Jozami!

Best of luck girls

LegionArgentina
May 19th, 2007, 02:13 AM
She and Betina are doing pretty well together in doubles, it is probably coz they are friends and have fun on court.. what a shame that she had to face with Rossana in QF.

Good luck tomorrow girls

auntie janie
Jun 2nd, 2007, 06:41 PM
Estefania lost a tough 3-setter in the quarters in the Carson, Calif. 50K. :sad: I don't l know where she's playing next.

LegionArgentina
Jun 4th, 2007, 01:58 PM
She has a free week, and then she will be playing another Challenger in the USA.

auntie janie
Jun 5th, 2007, 02:28 PM
She has a free week, and then she will be playing another Challenger in the USA.

Ah, thanks. I see she's in the Allentown main draw next week. Allentown is just an hour away from me, but right now it doesn't look like I'll have a chance to get up there. :mad:

auntie janie
Jun 11th, 2007, 11:41 PM
She's playing tomorrow, and I might get to see her match, or at least part of it. :D

auntie janie
Jun 13th, 2007, 02:59 PM
I did see a tiny bit of her match yesterday, but my attention was divided between her match, Val Tetreault's match on the other side, and a conversation with a chair umpire who sat down next to me, so I can't say I got a good feel for her game. :o Plus, her opponent was giving her so many errors that Estefania was not being pushed. She's in good shape, and she's got a fairly big wind-up on her FH that reminded me a little of Sabatini, but that's about all I was able to discern with the small amount of attention I was paying. But she's SO much more solid and steady than her opponent that she won't have any trouble finishing off her rain-interrupted match today.

auntie janie
Jun 28th, 2007, 12:19 AM
Estefania's playing in a 25K in Southlake, Texas next week. I wonder if she lives or trains in the US, because she has played in a lot of tournaments here this year. :confused:

Juarito
Jun 28th, 2007, 02:15 AM
Yes, and it is even more unusual because Betina Jozami, whom she played some tournaments in USA with and is a very good friend of, traveled to Europe to play in clay so...

LegionArgentina
Jun 29th, 2007, 12:26 AM
I did see a tiny bit of her match yesterday, but my attention was divided between her match, Val Tetreault's match on the other side, and a conversation with a chair umpire who sat down next to me, so I can't say I got a good feel for her game. :o Plus, her opponent was giving her so many errors that Estefania was not being pushed. She's in good shape, and she's got a fairly big wind-up on her FH that reminded me a little of Sabatini, but that's about all I was able to discern with the small amount of attention I was paying. But she's SO much more solid and steady than her opponent that she won't have any trouble finishing off her rain-interrupted match today.

Thanks for that :hug:

She probably wore a very short skirt , right lol

I suppose that she is living in the states probably some family conecting with tennis offer Estefania to live with for a couple of month.
Do you think that she will enter to the Us Open qualys?

auntie janie
Jul 16th, 2007, 03:30 PM
I don't know. She hasn't been doing too well on the US hardcourts so far, has she. :sad:

auntie janie
Sep 23rd, 2007, 01:24 PM
Estefania returned to action in Mexico, playing two 10Ks in a row. She reached the final in the first one, and won the 2nd. :)

Now I hope she has put the 10Ks behind her for good! She's playing in the 25K in Juarez this week. Good luck, Stef! :yippee:

rated_next
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:45 AM
anyone know if she is injured?
he hasn't played in a while :sad:

Argentinas100%
Jun 18th, 2008, 03:11 AM
She changed her coach

rated_next
May 13th, 2009, 04:36 AM
anything new :(

JLNBolivia
May 13th, 2009, 01:40 PM
I just was thinking this week of Estefania, haven't heard or read anything from her for a while now. Anybody knows why isn't she playing? Injured? She was such a good promise, but somehow she's not around anymore.

COSAT
May 13th, 2009, 02:47 PM
:confused: :confused: