[7]Ana-Maria Herrera MEX vs bye
Silvia Milano POR vs Sabine Eggert BEL
Diana Mahler GER vs Natalie Lucic CRO
Dinara Khorkina ESP vs [12]Marta-Maria Conde-Martinez ESP

[14]Catherine Pierce AUS vs Alexandria Carriacou GRN
Alizee Dekjemere EST vs Sarah Archambault SUI
Zerene Fernandez MEX vs Mary Pierce FRA
bye vs [2]Carolina Spencer VEN

if any names/nationalities are wrong (soem i 4got so i made up!) please tell me here. i also do not know all doubles teams. some are correct others are random so please correct if necessary: teams in bold have been confirmed

Paterson/Spencer
Dlhopolcova/Molik
Delacour/Mozzarella
J Seles/Hingis
Huubere/Mahler
Seles/Davidson
Ribbons/Pierce
L Miele/B Miele
Messay/Adeva
Spears/Armstrong
Mutola/Wong
Gambill/Keller
Lapentti/Eggert
Penguin/Carriacou
Stevenson/Moore
Katsumi/Van Krumpt
Hingisafrilia/M Pierce
Nadal/Ross
Coenegrachts/Archambault
Butyrskaya/Morkovina
Versace/Clijsters
Majoli/Harlow
Torres/Lucic
Gonzalez/Conde-Martinez
Angola/Milano
Herrera/Fernandez
Khorkina/Dekjemere

SURFACE GRASS ;)
POINTS DUE TUESDAY 12PM GMT!

Thankyou :wavey:

Paul :D

TatiAnnahølic
Jun 30th, 2002, 05:11 PM
Omg what a draw :fiery:

Alek
Jun 30th, 2002, 05:11 PM
Herrera says this may be last junior event for her

http://www.*****************/Players/Countries/Mexico/LopezMariaJose/images/Rowland/Maria-JoseCU.jpg
©Rowland Goodman

Defending Wimbledon Champion Mexico's Ana Maria Herrera said this may be her last junior event in her career. She said that if she do not makes quarterfinals she may quit and start playing more constantly the ITF tour. "I have really practiced a lot for defending this title. When I won here last year it was the happiest moment of my life in my tennis career. I really want to do well here but I haven't been in good form. If I don't reach the quarterfinals in singles at least I will deffinetely quit the juniors and start playing the ITF in the professional tour. You know, the high junior level is more competitive than the low ITF level" Herrera said.

Herrera is seventh seed in the tournament and will face in the second round either Silvia Milano of Italy or Sabine Eggert of Belgium. Eggert the younger sister of Tiffani already played Ana Maria in a practice match which finished with a 6-0 6-0 win for the Belgian. "Yes my draw is not the best, facing either Silvia or Sabine will be really difficult. But we will see how I play" she also said.

If Herrera passes to the third round she would have to face former world #1 Marta Maria Conde-Martinez of Spain who comes of qualifying for the Wimbledon main draw and losing to British top 25 player Monica Gambill in three sets. If she still qualifies she will probably have to face Venezuelan Carolina Spencer.

Herrera has done irregularly in grand slams, she lost in the first round of the Australian Open last year and did second round this year. In Roland Garros last year she lost in the second round to Larissa Liashenko and this year she lost to German Mia Ling Keller in quarterfinals. Meanwhile in the US Open she lost last year in the quarterfinals again vs Keller. Her only slam win came last year here in Wimbledon after she beat Spain's Carmen Prado in three sets.

Herrera is also playing doubles with also Mexican Zerene Fernandez who made the 's-Hertogenbosch pro finals some weeks ago in the singles category.

Becool
Jun 30th, 2002, 05:27 PM
Some errors!!!!

Olive MOZARELLA is from VATICAN (VAT)

Elke Dekmejere is not ELKE is Alizee

The rest I guess is right

Becool
Jun 30th, 2002, 05:42 PM
Barbara Miele tries to overcome bad streak on juniors tour.

Brazilian junior star, Barbara Miele, younger sister of Mieles sister, haven't been really on her greatest form. "It's pretty disappointing." said Miele who won her 6th title with older sister Lara Miele, on Roehampton, last week.

Barbara Miele who had a streak of 10 wins on Juniors, winning 2 titles, and reaching others few semifinals, said that she expects a better tournament here on Wimbledon. "I'm expecting to player better here, since I love Wimbledon. I tried my best at the qualifyings of pro tour, but I lost badly for a fucking bitch. I had a terrible depression and me and Lara had to withdraw from Doubles, as she also lost."

Barbara faces winner of Elizabeth Clijsters from Belgium and Mahalia Small Majoli from Canada, and confirmed doubles with older sister, Lara Miele.

:)

Tennis124
Jun 30th, 2002, 08:47 PM
Sabine Eggert is Belgian, no biggie

Scotso
Jun 30th, 2002, 09:22 PM
Where is Zerene's ranking?

Scotso
Jun 30th, 2002, 09:23 PM
nevermind I just saw the thread ;)

Good luck to Zerene and Zerene/Ana-Maria.

And also to Ana-Maria in singles! I'll be cheering for you to defend your title :)

Tennis124
Jun 30th, 2002, 10:06 PM
Sabine Eggert is the sister of pro FWTT player Tiffani Eggert. Tiffani Eggert is one of the hottest players on tour. She has spent a lot of time working with Sabine and mentoring her. Sabine Eggert only played in the Wimbledon junior doubles last year. She managed to win the event, but has shyed away from the juniors ever since. The 14 year old Belgian is making her singles debut at Wimbledon this year. She plans to take things one tournament at a time. "Right now I want to see how I do here. If I do well then I will think about the rest of my schedule. Right now I just plan to ask for a Wild card into the grand slam events." Eggert is playing some very good tennis. Picking up important hints from her sister, her game is designed for the grass. She is a natural serve and volleyer. She loves to play at the net. She makes her debut against Silvia Milano. Sabine is also excited to be playing doubles with Nicoletta Lapentti at this years championships.

Monica_Rules
Jun 30th, 2002, 10:14 PM
Isn't it Julia Lapenti in juniros?

Monica_Rules
Jun 30th, 2002, 10:32 PM
ANNE GAMBILL READY FOR ANOTHER GRANDSLAM

Anne Gambill is ready for the third junior grandslam of the year,Wimbledon her home tournament.She comes into the tournament in great form in the granslams in both seniors and juniors.She has won at least 1 match in each grandslam in seniors but got to the quarters in Roland Garros beating Tiffani Eggert.In juniors she was runner-up to Mary Wong in Austrailia and won Roland Garros.She feels she up for a second title.
'I feel great every grandslam i have had a good week in the pros and it has prepared me for the juniros where i have done amazing.'
Asked about her draw she said
'Its quite good the only player i have a loosing record against is Mary in my half of the draw.The main threats for me are Barbara Miele and Mia-Ling Keller their games on their day can rip me apart Mia beat me a few weeks ago and Barbara is very dangerous but they are on the other side so hopefully i'll get to the final and beat one of them(laughs)'
Asked about her doubles partnership with Mia-Ling
'Well i asked people if they wanted to play with me and Mia-Ling said yes.I know shes a good player.We played in the pros for practice and lost 8-6 in the third so we know we're a good team we just got unlucky.'

polishprodigy
Jun 30th, 2002, 11:09 PM
Katarina Krivencheva-Molik hopes to end her inconsistent and slumpy play with a good performance here. Despite doing very well in Rolland Garros, Krivencheva-Molik has been plagued by numerous 1R and early round losses in both singles and doubles. She just came off a very disappointing 1R loss in singles and doulbes at the PRO Wimbledon. "I really hope to rebound from my pro performance at Wimbledon, and I think this tournament is where I can do it best. I am seeded no.3 and have a pretty good draw. The person I'm worried about is Kim Davidson, who is in my quarter, as she beat me in the 1R a while ago, but I must also be cautious about the other new players, as I have lost to many newcomers in my last few tournaments in juniors. I hope to do well here in singles and in doubles with Natalya."

spencercarlos
Jul 1st, 2002, 01:01 AM
Carolina Spencer looking for her first Grand Slam!!

Venezuelan, second seeded for the 2002 Wimbledon juniors event, Carolina Spencer is looking for her first win at a major junior tournament, she is second in the ranks to her doubles partner Linzi Patersson.

Carolina How do you feel coming in?
Well i have mixed emotions i mean i lost in round one of Roehampton but reached the main draw at the pro`s losing to a very well established player like Giselle is in a three setter, but i hope to oncentrate again for the juniors and i hope to do well, i mean am here to win that`s my goal. Anyway i will take it match by match, i have a tough draw, Ana Maria HErrera in there, last year´s champ, among others. SO i hope to do well.

Buitenzorg
Jul 1st, 2002, 04:59 AM
Fleriancediore HINGISAFRILIA is from AUS (Australia)...

King Aaron
Jul 1st, 2002, 09:32 AM
Good luck everyone !!

-Alecia Moore-

deftman
Jul 1st, 2002, 11:51 AM
Thanks Bern :D
Olive is indeed from VATICAN :D

Harju.
Jul 1st, 2002, 01:02 PM
Rachel Spears is ready to fight

Rachel Spears ,15, from Indonesia began to seek a win in Grand Slam. Spears who just been in FWTT Juniors for about 2 months is currently ranked 34 and will face Natasha Hingis from Germany.
"I dun think I play with her before but i'll just have to try very hard to win. I have been practising quite alot after my lost to Keller in quarter-final of Roehampton. I know i don't have the chance to win Grand Slam,, it's just a dream. But my target here is at least to win a match! So whatever results i had, i still need to thank God for it!!."

Spears' coach, Felix, said, " I know she had practised very hard. From her serve to her volleys and everything. Now she only need the mental. She always played inconsistenly for this two months. Starting with a very good start (finalist in Italia), she suddenly lost in the first round or second round. These showed that she really have to work up on her mental. She's afraid to attack if she fought against lower-ranked player or even new playes!"

In doubles, she will play with her partner Brooke Armstrong for USA. "Well, basically i only play with her twice. Furthermore, my partner Frageeva has retired from junior. She didn't play in those three tournaments. So just a very good luck for her. Now i'm partnerting with Armstrong. She's also a new player and we just got along very well. We had quite a good result in last tournament, Roehampton, so we will just try our luck again and go for it. I can play more comfortable with Armstrong and better in doubles. Hope that we'll have a good draw and who knows we might be the champs."

Alberto
Jul 1st, 2002, 04:49 PM
Paul, I have sent you a mail, posting my new player Berta Calpena, so you can delete Bisbal...it´s possible Berta Calpena gets a WC playing in Bisbal place??

Thanks

Alberto
Jul 1st, 2002, 06:01 PM
thanks for add Berta in Wimbledon draw :D

Good Luck Girl!!! :bounce:

TatiAnnahølic
Jul 1st, 2002, 06:01 PM
Good Luck

Gonzalez/Conde-Martinez
Miele/Miele
Herrera/Fernandez
Khorkina/Dekjemere

Kris
Jul 1st, 2002, 07:27 PM
Mahler with Huubere???

paul_masterton
Jul 1st, 2002, 08:12 PM
doubles updated. mahler is now playing with huubere.

Paul

Buitenzorg
Jul 2nd, 2002, 01:29 AM
Fleriancediore HINGISAFRILIA/M. PIERCE will play double please!

Btw, Paul...I'm still confused about the double points, You told me (double pts same as my single pts) But, both of us (me & M.Pierce) have a different pts....????

Thanks

katulampa

Note: If that case, Please use same points for doubles as my single pts!!!

martinafan
Jul 2nd, 2002, 03:32 AM
Mahler/Huubere! :) :)

Philip
Jul 2nd, 2002, 03:40 PM
Vamos Jelliana Seles! :D

TatiAnnahølic
Jul 2nd, 2002, 04:08 PM
Welcome back Jelliana :D

Alberto
Jul 2nd, 2002, 07:11 PM
results??

King Aaron
Jul 3rd, 2002, 11:39 AM
Alecia hopes for some good form today..:D

paul_masterton
Jul 3rd, 2002, 05:28 PM
still waiting for point from some of you. you ahev 5 hours........ :fiery:

Paul

TatiAnnahølic
Jul 3rd, 2002, 05:31 PM
Pf Paul the deadline was yesterday :rolleyes:

paul_masterton
Jul 3rd, 2002, 07:35 PM
Due to rain not all matches were completed.

Dlhopolcova bt Hingisafrilia 62 76(3)

Seles bt [16]Ribbons 76(0) 16 62

Messay bt [10]L Miele 62 06 75

Spears bt Hingis 61 63

Mozzarella bt Mutola 06 75 63

Stevenson bt Katsumi 75 46 64

Armstrong bt [15]Van Krumpt 62 67(6) 86

Coenegrachts bt Nadal 60 64

Small Majoli bt Clijsters 63 63

Harlow bt Torres 75 75

Moore bt Angola 76(1) 64

WC-Eggert bt Milano 76(4) 61

Mahler bt Lucic 46 62 61

[11]Conde-Martinez bt Khorkina 75 76(5)

All other matches completed 2morrow along with 2nd round :D

Paul

anabel
Jul 3rd, 2002, 07:38 PM
Nice win for Marta Maria :D

TatiAnnahølic
Jul 3rd, 2002, 08:14 PM
Another loss for Dinara :mad:

Jakub
Jul 3rd, 2002, 08:34 PM
Seles bt [16]Ribbons 76(0) 16 62 :bounce:

Well done Joanna :kiss:

Alberto
Jul 3rd, 2002, 10:09 PM
Good Luck tomorrow Berta :D

Philip
Jul 4th, 2002, 12:47 AM
Jelliana was angry at the rain, but hopes to come back tomorrow hungry for a double bagel :angel: ;)

Tennis124
Jul 4th, 2002, 05:11 AM
Sabine Eggert wins in singles debut!!

King Aaron
Jul 4th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Alecia wins !! :D

TatiAnnahølic
Jul 4th, 2002, 01:58 PM
and the doubles draw?

Harju.
Jul 4th, 2002, 03:32 PM
Rachel Spears advances to the second round

Spears, 15, Indonesian born America won her first round match today in Wimbledon Juniors after beating her opponent Natasha Hingis from Germany in two straight sets 61 63. This is her best performance so far in Grand Slam.

“I’m feeling happy right now, and I have to thank God for that. Don’t look at the score, every point was not easy to get. I'm really happy to get through this, because Hingis is a great player but I think she’s quite nervous today so that’s why she lost.. My play is really good today. The easy wins in first set was massive as I play more relax after the first set wins. I returned very well today, but more importantly I served better than I've done for a while, so that's very pleasing,” said Spears after the match.

Next, she’ll face Messay from USA who upsets Lara Miele, the tenth seed in three sets 62 06 75. “I’m quite surprise of the results. She’s also a great player and I don’t think I played with her before, but from what I know is that she’s good in doubles with Adeva. To beat Miele is a great result, so it will be very tough. I would say it's sort of 50-50 this match, it could go either way, I don't think there is a lot of pressure on myself at the moment, I'm enjoying my tennis.”

Harju.
Jul 4th, 2002, 03:34 PM
Congrats people

paul_masterton
Jul 4th, 2002, 05:35 PM
suspended round 1 results:

Jelliana Seles bt Huubere 46 76(0) 86

Lapentti bt Penguin 64 64

[12]Delacour bt Ross 76(10) 76(6)

Butyrskaya bt Versace 63 36 97

Davidson bt [13]Gonzalez 36 64 86 :eek:

Carriacou bt [14]Pierce 62 75 :eek:

Dekjemere bt Archambault 63 57 75

M Pierce bt Fernandez 62 75 :eek:

Paul

TatiAnnahølic
Jul 4th, 2002, 05:37 PM
Dekjemere, Jelliana! :D
Gonzalez, Versacce! :(

paul_masterton
Jul 4th, 2002, 05:48 PM
final 1st roudn result:

Morkovina bt Calpena 63 26 75

Becool
Jul 4th, 2002, 05:49 PM
omg kkova u annoy so much :rolleyes:

TatiAnnahølic
Jul 4th, 2002, 05:51 PM
why bernabé?

Becool
Jul 4th, 2002, 05:51 PM
OOOPps sorry :angel:

TatiAnnahølic
Jul 4th, 2002, 05:52 PM
oh berta :sad:

Becool
Jul 4th, 2002, 05:52 PM
hehehe u just edited your post as "doubles results." and i said that :p lol

TatiAnnahølic
Jul 4th, 2002, 05:53 PM
What? :eek:

paul_masterton
Jul 4th, 2002, 05:57 PM
2nd round:

Paterson bt Dlhopolcova 46 76(2) 63

Seles bt Jelliana Seles 76(5) 26 62

Messay bt Spears 76(1) 36 64

[5]Wong bt Mozzarella 61 76(5)

Lapentti bt [4]Gambill 46 75 64 :eek:

Armstrong bt Stevenson 64 75

Coenegrachts bt [12]Delacour 76(4) 67(2) 10-8 :eek:

[6]Adeva bt Butyrskaya 46 60 61

[8]B Miele bt Small Majoli 63 36 75

[9]Keller bt Morkovina 46 64 75

Davidson bt Harlow 64 36 75

Moore bt [3]Molik 16 63 63 :eek:

[7]Herrera bt wc-Eggert 63 46 9-7

Mahler bt [11]Conde-Martinez 64 26 75 :eek:

Carriacou bt Dekjemere 76(11) 75

[2]Spencer bt M Pierce 46 63 8-6

paul :D

anabel
Jul 4th, 2002, 05:58 PM
:sad: :sad:

TatiAnnahølic
Jul 4th, 2002, 06:00 PM
Jelliana, Marta Maria, Dekjemere :sad:
Congrats Carolina :)

TatiAnnahølic
Jul 4th, 2002, 06:03 PM
another?

Alberto
Jul 4th, 2002, 06:27 PM
Oh no, Berta Calpena has suffered her first lost in the Fwtt Junior Tour. :sad:

Berta hopes do it better next time!! :D

paul_masterton
Jul 4th, 2002, 07:04 PM
2 round of doubles 2morrow.

round of 16 singles.

Paul

TatiAnnahølic
Jul 4th, 2002, 07:11 PM
thanks paul :)

Jakub
Jul 4th, 2002, 07:51 PM
Seles bt Jelliana Seles 76(5) 26 62
Davidson bt [13]Gonzalez 36 64 86
Davidson bt Harlow 64 36 75

HURRAY !!!!!!! Well done Kim and Joanna !!:kiss: :bounce:

:wavey:

TatiAnnahølic
Jul 4th, 2002, 07:57 PM
Butyrskaya bt Versace 63 36 97

why versace lost?she dont send points!

Monica_Rules
Jul 4th, 2002, 08:08 PM
:eek:

Anne lost!

these Lapentti sisters are really becomeing the nemesis of the Gambill sisters!:p

paul_masterton
Jul 4th, 2002, 08:10 PM
i needed to fill up spaces so not to aheva draw full of byes or force player to play in qualifying. Therfore some of u got lucky and faced players who dont send points, in this case i just made up scores.

Paul

paul_masterton
Jul 4th, 2002, 08:16 PM
oh and doubles draw:

[1]Adeva/Messay vs bye
Khorkina/Dekjemere vs Delcour/Mozzarella
Huubere/Mahler vs Butyrskaya/Morkovina
bye vs [5]Gonzalez/Conde-Martinez

[3]B Miele/L Miele vs bye
Nadal/Ross vs Spears/Armstrong
Lapentti/Eggert vs Katsumi/Van Krumpt
bye vs [8]Dlhopolcova/Molik

[7]Ribbons/Pierce vs bye
Penguin/Carricou vs Stevenson/Moore
Hingisafrilia/M Pierce vs Gambill/Keller
bye vs [4]Herrera/Fernandez

[6]Mutola/Wong vs bye
Seles/Davidson vs Coenegrachts/Fleischmann
Majoli/Harlow vs J Seles/Calpena
bye vs [2]Paterson/Spencer

TatiAnnahølic
Jul 4th, 2002, 08:18 PM
Ummm another hard draw what a strange thing... :rolleyes:

polishprodigy
Jul 4th, 2002, 10:46 PM
I hate this. Molik lost in 1R again, :rolleyes: :sad:. Lets hope her and Dhlopocova can go far in the doubles draw. It seems as if when Molik finally starts playing good, she goes on a big slump! She will never re-claim that no.1 ranking that she held for one week over 3 mths ago with this ranking! :p

Alek
Jul 5th, 2002, 12:01 AM
http://www.*****************/Players/Countries/Mexico/LopezMariaJose/images/CO-ML-011.jpg

Ana Maria Herrera (MEX) def Sabine Eggert (BEL) 6-3 4-6 9-7

"It was a tough match and kind of revenge, she once beat me 6-0 6-0 in an exhibition match so I am happy I got the win. Diana is a great player and for something she beat Marta Maria, I really hope to beat her tomorrow" said A.M. Herrera.

jd4eva
Jul 5th, 2002, 12:05 AM
Alizee :sad:

Go Khorkina/Dejkemere! :D:D:D:D:D

jacs
Jul 5th, 2002, 01:14 AM
http://www.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/bv001_04.jpg

Meghann Adeva of the Philippines hits a shot to Irina Butryskaya in their second round clash the junior wimbledon championships. adeva won 4-6 6-0 6-1.

Tennis124
Jul 5th, 2002, 02:35 AM
Sabine Eggert on her debut:

"I am really happy with how I played. It was tough playing Ana Maria Herrera. She's one of the top juniors and has a lot of experience in tough matches. She's a great friend and I'm glad to have a good match with her. Now I am looking to avenge my doubles title here."

Scotso
Jul 5th, 2002, 09:05 AM
Good luck to Fernandez/Herrera.

King Aaron
Jul 5th, 2002, 10:06 AM
:D That was a great win Alecia !!!

martinafan
Jul 5th, 2002, 12:43 PM
:sad: Mirjana :sad:

Philip
Jul 5th, 2002, 01:09 PM
Jelliana :( :sad:

Harju.
Jul 5th, 2002, 04:14 PM
Rachel Spears crashes out in second round

http://www.**********************/harkleroad/wim2001/IMG_6658.jpg

What a pity for the newcomer Rachel Spears as she had crashed out in the second round by her opponent, Messay in three sets 7-6(1) 3-6 6-4.Spears, 15, had the chance to win in the first set as she already led 5-3 and had at least 5 set points before Messay fought back to level the match in tie-break. Messay didn’t give the chance in tie break after Spears led 1-0 in tiebreak and Messay took the next 7 points. In the second set, Spears had a quick lead 4-2 before closing the set 6-3. In final set, Spears had a slow start as Messay led 4-0. Spears tried to fight back to win the next 3 games before Messay took the next game to 5-3. Messay had 3 match point in the ninth games. Spears fought back to save those three match points and won the game 5-4. Messay again had 2 match points however Spears could only manage to save one as Messay took the point with an ace.

“It was such a pity in the first set. I had at least four or five set points but I blew it away. I’m very disappointed of myself for not just finishing those points. I think those were the most crucial points,”said Spears who is half American and Indonesian,“But it was very close in the end. She’s a tough and an experience player, I think. I wasn’t expected to do great in this tournament anyway. I’m pleased with my overall performances today. And I still have doubles to go , you know. I’m also happy for my partner, Armstrong for reaching third round. Congrats.”

“After I lost, it felt like everything is in a mess and terrible. Nothing is working or whatever. However, you've got to be able to pick yourself up when you've had a loss. You've got to be able to self-motivate. That's what I've been able to do. You know, there's nothing better than -- after a bad loss, you're sitting in your hotel room, you're really depressed on your own, you've got to think about the next week. But today is different. I played rather relaxed. I went for my shots. I kept telling myself to just hit the ball and try to enjoy it and have fun. And I really did. You know, even though I'm losing right now, or whatever, I try to come back and I try to do better next time.,” said Spears.

paul_masterton
Jul 5th, 2002, 05:30 PM
doubles round 1:

Khorkina/Dekjemere bt Delacour/Mozzarella 63 46 75 :eek:

Huubere/Mahler bt Butyrskaya/Morkovina 64 62

Spears/Armstrong bt Nadal/Ross 62 75

Katsumi/Van Krumpt bt Eggert/Lapentti 62 06 86

Stevenson/Moore bt Penguin/Carriacou 76(1) 60

Gambill/Keller bt Hingisafrilia/M Pierce 64 46 63

Seles/Davidson bt Coenegrachts/Archambault 62 16 63

Majoli/Harlow bt J Seles/Calpena 76(3) 63

paul_masterton
Jul 5th, 2002, 05:35 PM
doubles round 2:

[1]Adeva/Messay bt Khorkina/Dekjemere 63 75

[5]Gonzalez/Conde-Martinez bt Huubere/Mahler 06 61 86

Spears/Armstrong bt [3]L Miele/B Miele 64 61 :eek:

[8]Dlhopolcova/Molik bt Katsumi/Van Krumpt 76(0) 60

[7]Ribbons/Pierce bt Stevenson/Moore 75 16 62

Gambill/Keller bt [4]Herrera/Fernandez 76(4) 76(7)

[6]Mutola/Wong bt Seles/Davidson 63 63

[2]Paterson/Spencer bt Majoli/Harlow 61 64

paul_masterton
Jul 5th, 2002, 05:37 PM
singles round of 16:

[1]Paterson bt Seles 46 64 13-11 :eek: :o

[5]Wong bt Messay 76(3) 64

Lapentti bt Armstrong 36 64 75

[6]Adeva bt Coenegrachts 62 67(2) 64

[9]Keller bt [8]B Miele 26 64 75

Moore bt Davidson 46 75 12-10 :o

[7]Herrera bt Mahler 67(1) 76(14) :o 75

Carriacou bt [2]Spencer 63 36 10-8 :eek: :eek: :eek:

Alek
Jul 5th, 2002, 05:58 PM
Herrera qualified for the quarterfinals in the Championships

http://www.*****************/Players/Countries/Mexico/LopezMariaJose/images/Rowland/W-ML-01.jpg

Mexico's Ana Maria Herrera qualified for the quarterfinals of the Wimbledon Championships today after beating German star Diana Mahler 7-6 6-7 7-5. Herrera who won the Championships last year won the first set in a tie break of 7-1. The second set had the same deffinition but not the same winner, Herrera led 6-5 and serve for winning the match but a winner return of Mahler made the score 6-6. Herrera had another 2 match points but Mahler was finally victorious with a score of 16-14. The third set had the same great game like in the other two sets. When Mahler served at 5-6 she couldn't hold her nerves and finished with a double fault. Finally Herrera won the match 7-6 6-7 7-5.

"I think I played a very good match today, but also Diana played great tennis, it was a shame someone of us had to lose today. I am really happy I am in the quarterfinals as I said before if I had lost before the quarterfinals I would have retired from juniors so I am happy I am in this round. Alexandria will be really tough she has pro experience and just beat Carolina she has a good serve and good strokes I hope I am not too tired for facing her but she also had a very long match so we will be in same circumstances" said Ana Maria Herrera after her match.

TatiAnnahølic
Jul 5th, 2002, 06:00 PM
We lost Alizee :sad: but another good tournament :D

Becool
Jul 5th, 2002, 06:32 PM
Barbara after loss to Mia Ling.

"I'm looking for more praticing these days. I was too way out of play."

Jakub
Jul 5th, 2002, 08:53 PM
Kim what a BAD day for us :sad:

Seles/Davidson bt Coenegrachts/Archambault 62 16 63 :D
[1]Paterson bt Seles 46 64 13-11 :o :mad: !!!!!!!!
Moore bt Davidson 46 75 12-10 :o :mad: !!!!!!!
and at the end this :
[6]Mutola/Wong bt Seles/Davidson 63 63 !!!!!!!!!

We were a bit tired today !! I think so :D

Anyway coongrats to all winners :) and good luck .

jacs
Jul 6th, 2002, 02:11 AM
:)

polishprodigy
Jul 6th, 2002, 02:21 AM
Keep on going Dhlopocova/Molik! :D

King Aaron
Jul 6th, 2002, 09:43 AM
:o :o Alecia has her coach and personal trainer to thank after coming through that tough one !!!

It was a great match Kim !!!

King Aaron
Jul 6th, 2002, 09:45 AM
:sad: Shanequa... it was a tight one nonetheless :sad:

on to the quarterfinals for Alecia !!! :D

paul_masterton
Jul 6th, 2002, 10:48 AM
Quarter-Finals:

[1]Adeva/Messay bt [5]Gonzalez/Conde-Martinez 60 06 8-6

[8]Dlhopolcova/Molik bt Spears/Armstrong 06 62 64

[7]Ribbons/Pierce bt Gambill/Keller 57 76(2) 61

[6]Mutola/Wong bt [2]Paterson/Spencer 61 06 75 :eek:

paul_masterton
Jul 6th, 2002, 10:49 AM
[1]Paterson bt [5]Wong 26 76(3) 62

[6]Adeva bt Lapentti 67(2) 76(5) 17-15 :eek: :o

Moore bt [9]Keller 57 75 9-7 :eek:

[7]Herrera bt Carriacou 36 76(1) 64

Mattographer
Jul 6th, 2002, 02:07 PM
OMG!! Catherine Pierce becoming a Doubles specialist :rolleyes:

paul_masterton
Jul 6th, 2002, 05:00 PM
Semi finals:

[1]adeva/MEssay bt [8]Dlhopolcova/Molik 06 61 12-10

[7]Ribbons/Pierce bt [6]Mutola/Wong 06 61 64

paul_masterton
Jul 6th, 2002, 05:07 PM
Singles:

[1]Paterson vs [6]Adeva

1-0

2-0

2-1

3-1

3-2

4-2

4-3

4-4

5-4

5-5

6-5

Gae and 1st set Paterson 7-5

0-1

1-1

1-2

1-3

1-4

1-5

2-5

Game and second set Adeva 6-2!!!

1-0

1-1

2-1

2-2

3-2

3-3

4-3

5-3

GAME, SET AND MATCH PATERSON 2 sets to 1: 75 26 63 !!!

paul_masterton
Jul 6th, 2002, 05:09 PM
Moore vs [7]Herrera

0-1

0-2

0-3

1-3

1-4

2-4

2-5

3-5

Game and 1st set Herrera 6-3

1-0

1-1

2-1

2-2

2-3

2-4

3-4

3-5

4-5

5-5

6-5

6-6

TIEBREAKER!!!

1-0

1-1

1-2

2-2

2-3

3-3

3-4

3-5

3-6

4-6

Game, Set and Match Herrera! 2 sets to lve: 6/3 7/6(4)

jacs
Jul 6th, 2002, 07:05 PM
oh well ... well done to paterson and everyone

Alek
Jul 6th, 2002, 09:41 PM
:eek: @ Ana

Mattographer
Jul 7th, 2002, 12:07 AM
WOW!! Catherine Pierce into another Final of Grand Slam!! :D She won the US Open in Singles last year!! :) Hopefully, she can wins Doubles at Wimbledon tomorrow!! :D

Harju.
Jul 7th, 2002, 04:46 AM
Herrera :bounce: there you go.. Moore :sad: u've done a great job there.. semifinal!!

King Aaron
Jul 7th, 2002, 09:04 AM
Thanx Rachel !!

I've exceeded my own expectations by reaching the semis. I'm very happy with my performance and I wish Ana-Maria good luck in the finals !!
-Alecia Moore-

paul_masterton
Jul 7th, 2002, 10:48 AM
doubles final:

[7]Miss Ribbons and Miss Pierce bt [1]Miss Adeva and Miss Messay

0/6 6/1 6/4 :eek:

WELL DONE!!

Paul

paul_masterton
Jul 7th, 2002, 11:03 AM
Singles Final

Miss Lyndsay Paterson seeded 1 vs Miss Ana-Maria Herrera seeded 7

Miss Herrera won the toss and elected to serve

Paterson - Herrera

0-1

1-1

1-2

2-2

2-3

2-4

2-5

3-5

SET POINT

4-5

SET POINT

5-5

6-5

SET POINT

6-6

tie-breaker

1-0

2-0

2-1

3-1

4-1

4-2

4-3

5-3

6-3 (SET POINT x3)

6-4 (SET POINT x2)

6-5 (SET POINT)

6-6

7-6 (SET POINT)

Game and 1st set Miss Paterson 7 games to 6

2nd set

1-0

2-0

2-1

2-2

2-3

3-3

4-3

4-4

5-4

5-5

5-6

(SET POINT)

6-6

TIEBREAK!!

0-1

0-2

0-3

0-4

0-5

0-6 (SET POINT x6)

Game and 2nd set Miss Herrera 7 games to 6

final set

1-0

2-0

3-0

4-0

4-1

4-2

4-3

5-3

(MATCH POINT)

5-4

5-5

6-5

Paterson is serving for the match

15-0 (volley winner Paterson)

15-15 (double fault)

15-30 (backhand winner Herrera)

30-30 (ace)

40-30 (forhand winner)

match point!

deuce (double fault)

asv Herrera (return winner)

deuce (smash paterson)

adv Paterson (ue Herrera - return into net)

deuce (Paterson pushes a forhand wide)

adv Herrera (Paterson is forced into a forehand error)

Break Point!

deuce (ace)

adv Paterson (Hererra nets the return)

MATCH POINT!!

Game, Set and Match Miss Paterson!!! 2 sets to 1. 7/6(8-6) 6/7 (0-7) 7/5

Paul

Mattographer
Jul 7th, 2002, 01:14 PM
OMG!! :bounce: Catherine Pierce wins another Grand Slam title!! :D Thanks, Rosie Ribbons for great played with me at Doubles!! :kiss:

polishprodigy
Jul 7th, 2002, 05:52 PM
Ouch, a tough loss for Dhlopocova/Molik, 12-10 in the third!

King Aaron
Jul 8th, 2002, 10:24 AM
Ana-Maria :sad: