PDA

View Full Version : Estoril Open

LegionArgentina
Apr 30th, 2007, 01:25 AM
Eleni will be playing in Portugal her second red-clay tournarnamet of this year. I hope that she is healthy after her retirement in her doubles match last saturday in Budapest.

:bounce:

forever_rafter
Apr 30th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Eleni's half of the draw :

Eleni (8) vs Brianti
Sucha vs Dominguez Lino
Yakimova vs Q
Rezai vs Safarova(3)

Loit(7) vs Q
Dulko vs Schruff
Razzano vs Azarenka
Lisjak vs Schiavone(2)

and here is order of play for Monday :

COURT 2 start 11:00am
WTA Qualifying - E Makarova (RUS) vs A Parra Santonja (ESP)
WTA - V Razzano (FRA) vs V Azarenka (BLR)
WTA - [3] Eleni/Jaz vs A Brianti (ITA) / M Chakhnashvili (GEO)

good luck ladies, hope Eleni is fit to play

Nervenbuendel
Apr 30th, 2007, 05:24 PM
The "Duo superior" consisting of adorable Eleni and lovely Jasmin has succeeded once again.:hearts: :cool:

E.D./J.W. versus Brianti/Chakhnashvili 6:3, 5:7, 10:8 (Match TB)

forever_rafter
Apr 30th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Dammit, such a long match, even won, is the last thing she needs before singles....Especially considering cramps in her leg in Budapest

Order of play for Tuesday :

COURT 4 start 11:00am
V Ruano Pascual (ESP) vs C Pin (FRA)
[Q] B Zahlavova Strycova (CZE) vs A Yakimova (BLR)
[8] E Daniilidou (GRE) vs A Brianti (ITA)

good luck Eleni!

LegionArgentina
May 1st, 2007, 03:22 PM
Eleni and Jaz :yeah:

She is playing now and she is doing a lot of DF 5 in two games with her serve :o
3/3*

Nervenbuendel
May 1st, 2007, 04:17 PM
So sad.

Eleni retired after having lost the first set against Brianti and being down 1-3 in set # 2. Obviously it is not useful to play singles and doubles at every tournament because of the danger of injuries or cramps. I know Eleni is doing this for her dear friend Jaz but her health is also important.

forever_rafter
May 1st, 2007, 04:38 PM
So sad.

Eleni retired after having lost the first set against Brianti and being down 1-3 in set # 2. Obviously it is not useful to play singles and doubles at every tournament because of the danger of injuries or cramps. I know Eleni is doing this for her dear friend Jaz but her health is also important.

Playing doubles and singles is good when a player is healthy and 100% fit, I don't understand why Eleni played doubles in Estoril. And why her coach let her do that? Her singles career is hurting from playing too many doubles lately...She played doubles,retired in her singles match and tomorrow she plays 2nd round of doubles? Somebody please explain this to me cause I don't get it. I just don't.

forever_rafter
May 1st, 2007, 06:31 PM
I know Eleni is doing this for her dear friend Jaz but her health is also important.

A dear friend would give up on doubles and let her focus on singles, all of a sudden doubles are more important than singles?

forever_rafter
May 2nd, 2007, 08:55 PM
(3) Daniilidou/Woehr (GRE/GER) d. Errani/Martínez Granados (ITA/ESP) w/o (Martínez Granados: toothache)
It's a joke? :lol:

Nervenbuendel
May 2nd, 2007, 09:38 PM
Hello Ula,

your arguments are correct and actually this is the essence of what I wished to point out. I could not believe my eyes when I took a look at the doubles draw today. To tell the truth: I don't have any idea what's going on here. :confused: :eek:

forever_rafter
May 2nd, 2007, 10:22 PM
Hello Ula,

your arguments are correct and actually this is the essence of what I wished to point out. I could not believe my eyes when I took a look at the doubles draw today. To tell the truth: I don't have any idea what's going on here. :confused: :eek:

Exactly, correct me if I'm wrong my friend, but if a player retires in singles (like Eleni did in her 1st round match) should a player be allowed to play doubles afterwards? I was pretty sure Eleni/Jaz opponenets would be handed a w/o, instead the opposite happened. I just don't get it. I thought the rules of the game are different.

guizzy
May 3rd, 2007, 03:18 PM
Maybe Eleni and her coach are trying something. Things are not always as they look. And doubles require less running so maybe she risked and it payed off. Anyway I'm sure they know better then us what to do and if they don't then mistakes are a way to learn. The only thing we can do is to trust them and wait to see what will happen.

forever_rafter
May 3rd, 2007, 08:34 PM
I just hope that the result of that "trying new things" you mentioned won't be of Eleni falling out of top 50...We'll see how she does in Berlin in singles.

Nervenbuendel
May 4th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Lourdes Dominguez Lino (I love this name it's a poetic one)/Parra Santonja versus
Eleni/Jaz (w.o.)

Wise decision not to contend furthermore in Estoril. Eleni can take some rest now and travel to Berlin.

forever_rafter
May 4th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Wise decision not to contend furthermore in Estoril. Eleni can take some rest now and travel to Berlin.

Couldn't agree more, rest is what she needs the most so hopefully it will be enough rest to fully recover.