PDA

View Full Version : Venus is not a golfer, just a friend to Kuehne

Paneru
Apr 27th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Venus is not a golfer, just a friend to Kuehne

By DWAIN PRICE
Star-Telegram Staff Writer
http://media.star-telegram.com/smedia/2007/04/27/05/774-110730-85831.embedded.prod_affiliate.58.jpg
Tennis star Venus Williams shares a moment
with golfer Hank Kuehne after his round at
the EDS Byron Nelson Championship.

Tennis star Venus Williams shares a moment with golfer Hank Kuehne after his round at the EDS Byron Nelson Championship. Tennis superstar Venus Williams has become a close friend of PGA Tour player Hank Kuehne. So much so that Williams was among those in the gallery who followed Kuehne around at the EDS Byron Nelson Championship on Thursday.

Who would have guessed it?

Williams and her sister, Serena, learned how to play tennis on the public courts in Compton, Calif., a part of Los Angeles County where the murder rate is among the nation's highest.

Kuehne graduated from Highland Park, where the median household income was $149,389 in 2000, according to the U.S. Census.

As Kuehne shot a 4-over-par 74 in his first tournament in 13 months since returning from a back injury, Williams signed a few autographs in the gallery. At 6-foot-1, the 2000 Sports Illustrated Sportswoman of the Year was very noticeable, with her long braided hair and dark sunglasses.

While Williams said she plans to play Wimbledon and doesn't play golf, she declined an interview request. However, Kuehne was more than willing to discuss his friendship with one of tennis' top female players.

You have a famous celebrity following you today. Do you want to talk about Venus supporting you? Yeah. It's always nice to have support, friends and family out here, walking around with me. It makes things nice. It's always good to have people you're closest to out here.

Is Venus a golfer? No.

Are you trying to get her to play golf? No. I think she's playing the right sport.

Is she trying to get you to play tennis? No. I don't play tennis.

Do you follow her on the pro tennis circuit? I've been to one event. So I definitely keep up with how she does. We just try to figure it out and support each other when we can.

Dwain Price, 817-390-7760 dprice@star-telegram.com

http://www.star-telegram.com/281/story/82999.html

frontier
Apr 27th, 2007, 02:11 PM
this sounds like a relationship and i am happy that venus has a someone in her life and she deserves a good man.

winone23
Apr 27th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Yeah they are a couple

xr6turbo
Apr 27th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Happiness to you Vee :)

Bijoux0021
Apr 27th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Venus is not a golfer, just a friend to Kuehne

By DWAIN PRICE
Star-Telegram Staff Writer
http://media.star-telegram.com/smedia/2007/04/27/05/774-110730-85831.embedded.prod_affiliate.58.jpg
Tennis star Venus Williams shares a moment
with golfer Hank Kuehne after his round at
the EDS Byron Nelson Championship.

Tennis star Venus Williams shares a moment with golfer Hank Kuehne after his round at the EDS Byron Nelson Championship. Tennis superstar Venus Williams has become a close friend of PGA Tour player Hank Kuehne. So much so that Williams was among those in the gallery who followed Kuehne around at the EDS Byron Nelson Championship on Thursday.

Who would have guessed it?

Williams and her sister, Serena, learned how to play tennis on the public courts in Compton, Calif., a part of Los Angeles County where the murder rate is among the nation's highest.

Kuehne graduated from Highland Park, where the median household income was $149,389 in 2000, according to the U.S. Census.
Was this really necessary? Why do some people have to always bring class in everything? So two people of different upbringing can't have a friendship/relationship? I guess this writer didn't feel comfortable enough to bring up their race as an issue, so he had to be subtle about it by bringing up class.

Venus and Serena didn't have anything to do with the murder rate being the highest in Compton, Calif. By the way, it's not where you've been that's count the most; it's where you're going. I'm sure the sisters have gone far higher places in the world than this Kuehne guy and made a lot more money.

winone23
Apr 27th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Was this really necessary? Why do some people have to always bring class in everything? So two people of different upbringing can't have a friendship/relationship? I guess this writer didn't feel comfortable enough to bring up their race as an issue, so he had to be subtle about it by bringing up class.

Venus and Serena didn't have anything to do with the murder rate being the highest in Compton, Calif. By the way, it's not where you've been that's count the most; it's where you're going. I'm sure the sisters have gone far higher places in the world than this Kuehne guy and made a lot more money.

I know there was no point in that b/c the tables are turned and he's not even on Venus' income level.

thrust
Apr 27th, 2007, 02:45 PM
I think he was a promising junior player, but because of injuries hasn^t lived up to his potential. I doubt he will ever be a big winnier on the golf tour. I hope I am wrong and that he and Venus make each other happy.

Pureracket
Apr 27th, 2007, 02:59 PM
In order to improve his game, he should borrow the Wimbledon '05 tape and watch Venus' eyes and focus during that fortnight.

Paneru
Apr 27th, 2007, 03:01 PM

It may not have been necessary but, I think
you are making the bigger deal of it. Much bigger
than it is. Especially given the fact that you brought
race into it. :yawn:

They are happy and support each other.
End of story.

rjd1111
Apr 27th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Venus should take up golf. In a couple of years or so she could win

a GS in Tennis and one in golf the same year.

Then Serena could join her and they would be an unprecedented

1 & 2 in a second Pro Sport.

Pureracket
Apr 27th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Venus should take up golf. In a couple of years or so she could win

a GS in Tennis and one in golf the same year.

Then Serena could join her and they would be an unprecidented

1 & 2 in a second Pro Sport.They'd still be following in Althea Gibson's footsteps - even in golf....lol

rjd1111
Apr 27th, 2007, 04:51 PM
They'd still be following in Althea Gibson's footsteps - even in golf....lol

Good footsteps to follow lol. But Althea didn't have a Sister doing it too.

jazar
Apr 27th, 2007, 05:12 PM
she is not a golfer, she is a golfers bitch

Infiniti2001
Apr 27th, 2007, 05:35 PM
:smash:

sweetpeas
Apr 27th, 2007, 05:42 PM
sO PEOPLE NEVER LEARN?

Winston's Human
Apr 27th, 2007, 05:45 PM

I too found this paragraph surprising when I read the article in this morning's newspaper.

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 27th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Venus...Venus...Venus...I'm not saying anything...I'm just saying...:tape: :rolleyes:

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 27th, 2007, 05:59 PM
They'd still be following in Althea Gibson's footsteps - even in golf....lol

And let's not forget that album Althea Gibson had out. :lol:

Vlover
Apr 27th, 2007, 06:08 PM
In order to improve his game, he should borrow the Wimbledon '05 tape and watch Venus' eyes and focus during that fortnight.

I'm sure they will be encouraging and supportive of each other as both will be on the come back trail this year. Quite frankly for my own selfish reason I hope he's more encouraging to her in order to reapeat Wimbledon '05 and then some.:lol:

ico4498
Apr 27th, 2007, 06:34 PM
c'mon Vee, ico is the man for yah!

Suresh
Apr 27th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Hey...it looks like Oracene to me..:shrug:
maybe i need :help:

MS_FP
Apr 27th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Hey...it looks like Oracene to me..:shrug:
maybe i need :help:

greatness :haha:

simba
Apr 27th, 2007, 07:17 PM
i think they make a nice couple

woosey
Apr 27th, 2007, 08:17 PM
why isn't he discreet enough to keep his mouth shut about their "friendship?"

Marcell
Apr 27th, 2007, 08:28 PM

Everytime he does an interview on the Golf Channel, the commentators keep asking him about venus. You can tell from his expression that he is not comfortable talking about their relationship but what can you do when you date a celebrity.

woosey
Apr 27th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Everytime he does an interview on the Golf Channel, the commentators keep asking him about venus. You can tell from his expression that he is not comfortable talking about their relationship but what can you do when you date a celebrity.

you can shut your mouth and move on.

Paneru
Apr 27th, 2007, 09:54 PM
So what!

He can say whatever the heck he wants to
about himself and the people in his life.

People are always gonna believe and assume
whatever it is they want to anyways, so who cares.

Cuteness they are! :cool:

Sportfan
Apr 27th, 2007, 11:40 PM

I really don't understand what was so bad about what he said in the interview. I thought he was quite general. He answered the questions politely without saying too much which was a fine way to handle it.EOS:confused:

Kenny
Apr 28th, 2007, 05:25 AM
Do you follow her on the pro tennis circuit? I've been to one event. So I definitely keep up with how she does. We just try to figure it out and support each other when we can.

Now that is sweet.

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Apr 28th, 2007, 05:47 AM
And let's not forget that album Althea Gibson had out. :lol:

How about Maya Angelou's and William Shatner's lp's (not to mention Richard Chamberlain having a record of "Close to You" in the 60's). So Althea could sing. So what!