PDA

View Full Version : tennis on australian pay-tv?

martinafan
Apr 27th, 2007, 01:38 PM
hi, i just got select tv installed today! :D :D :bounce:

So happy I have EUROSPORT! ;)

anyone know what the next tennis to be shown on it will be?

thanks in advance!

CCCP1
Apr 27th, 2007, 03:27 PM
How could you get Eurosport in Aus, next tourn on Eurosport will prob be Berlin

TTomek
Apr 27th, 2007, 03:58 PM
first is Warsaw next week semi and final :)

reidsy
Apr 27th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Hope you enjoy the cycling.

martinafan
Apr 28th, 2007, 12:20 AM
thanks for the info guys!

anyone know what the berlin and rome coverage is like?

really hope i get to see some martina matches! :D :D :D

Josh.
Apr 28th, 2007, 12:21 AM
hi, i just got select tv installed today! :D :D :bounce:

So happy I have EUROSPORT! ;)

anyone know what the next tennis to be shown on it will be?

thanks in advance!

are you talking about austar/foxtel? becoz i have it and i dont have euro sport, all i have it eurosport news. :shrug:

Привет
Apr 28th, 2007, 01:49 AM
No he/she is talking about Select TV, which is another brand (Is that what you call them?) of pay tv. :)

To the thread starter, would you be able to let me know how the coverage is? I am VERY interested in getting pay tv, because tennis coverage on free to air in Australia is non-existent. :rolleyes: Anyway thanks if you can :D

xr6turbo
Apr 28th, 2007, 04:02 AM
Yeah, i'd also like to know what the tennis coverage is like on this Eurosport channel. :)

martinafan
Apr 28th, 2007, 06:16 AM
Yeah, i'd also like to know what the tennis coverage is like on this Eurosport channel. :)

yeah will let you all know once i know! :D

MaRKy MaRk
Apr 28th, 2007, 08:50 AM
I've had this channel for a while, it's definitely worth the money I reckon. Coverage is pretty good. I think they show all Tier I's and Tier II's. My only complaint is they usually only feature one match per day, but they do tend to show more matches from the QF onwards.

If you're a Martina fan (like me) then you'll be pleased because they love showing her matches.

For any Aussies wanting more tennis to watch, it's the way to go. It's only $29.95 a month (pretty reasonable), but from memory I think $400 for installation.

martinafan
Apr 28th, 2007, 10:32 AM
I've had this channel for a while, it's definitely worth the money I reckon. Coverage is pretty good. I think they show all Tier I's and Tier II's. My only complaint is they usually only feature one match per day, but they do tend to show more matches from the QF onwards.

If you're a Martina fan (like me) then you'll be pleased because they love showing her matches.

For any Aussies wanting more tennis to watch, it's the way to go. It's only $29.95 a month (pretty reasonable), but from memory I think $400 for installation.

Sounds brilliant!

I'm a huge martina fan (hence the name ;) )...so i'm really looking forward to this! :D

Just checked their tv guide on their website (only show the next week), and i can see they are showing the Warsaw semi's 10pm saturday!...looking good already!

martinafan
Apr 28th, 2007, 10:33 AM
oh, and my installation cost $250 instead of $400 because there was already a satellite dish on the roof....it just needed to be re-positioned, and i needed to get a set top box.

tennisvideos
Apr 28th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Yes they are showing Warsaw Semis and Finals and then from Round 2 of Berlin until the Finals.

Well done Martinafan. Your coverage is in English too which is good. It is the Eurosport Asia channel I think.

I was thinking of getting Select TV but I decided to subscribe to the French language versions of Eurosport 1 & 2 because I wanted more coverage even if it is in another language. So to get both channels it costs me about $59 a month and it is via a company called LBF.

I am pretty sure that we are getting about 4 hours a day for Berlin on the French Eurosport channels.

We are so lucky to have a choice now where we can choose to have Eurosport if we wish. I am hoping that one day the Eurosport Channel will be available via Foxtel so we don't need seperate dishes and seperate accounts. But in the meantime, I am happy with both. Fox Sports for mens tennis and Eurosport for womens! :bounce:

tennisvideos
Apr 28th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Here is the Eurosport TV guide link for those who have the Asia / Pacific version (found on the bottom of the screen)

http://www.eurosport.com/tvschedule_clng0.shtml

And if you have the same French satellite service that I receive, via LBF, here is the Eurosport TV guide site:

http://www.eurosport.fr/tvschedule_clng3.shtml

martinafan
Apr 29th, 2007, 12:53 PM
wow from round 2 of berlin??? sounds great! :D

hope to see many martina matches! :D

martinafan
May 1st, 2007, 12:19 PM
yes i have checked the selectv tv guide now and they are indeed showing warsaw semi's and finals...and berlin from round 2 (starting tuesday 8pm sydney time)...

i can't wait - this is BRILLIANT....the coverage I have always been waiting for! ;)

Can't wait to see martina in action again!

xr6turbo
May 28th, 2007, 07:00 PM
yes i have checked the selectv tv guide now and they are indeed showing warsaw semi's and finals...and berlin from round 2 (starting tuesday 8pm sydney time)...

i can't wait - this is BRILLIANT....the coverage I have always been waiting for! ;)

Can't wait to see martina in action again!
So how was the coverage? :)