PDA

View Full Version : do you think serina can win a slam this year

jay745
Apr 27th, 2007, 02:19 PM
serina williams is talking about winning the french do you think she can win all 4 majors this year or ever again

Andy.
Apr 27th, 2007, 02:22 PM
If anyone can do it, it will be her

Nemo_Kool
Apr 27th, 2007, 02:58 PM
yes SerEna emphasis on the e can win another if not all!

Craigy
Apr 27th, 2007, 03:00 PM
do you think serina can win a slam this year
SerEna already has.

tennisjunky
Apr 27th, 2007, 04:05 PM
winning a GRAND slam is soooooo hard to do, shit, winning one slam is hard enough. think serena should get even more respect than she gets for winning the serena-slam in 2002-03. even getting to four slam finals is a row is special. justine, hingis, and venus should also get more praise for being for reaching four straight finals. if anyone could do it, it would be serena, but since she always has some injury issue it's hard to see her ever doing it again. would love nothing more but thats the single hardest thing to do in tennis.

RenaSlam.
Apr 27th, 2007, 04:08 PM
izz thInkSS ssereEna CaN wIN AnoTHEara sLam AS shE alreADy HaS oNce DiS yR!!

balLin!!!

Craigy
Apr 27th, 2007, 04:09 PM
izz thInkSS ssereEna CaN wIN AnoTHEara sLam AS shE alreADy HaS oNce DiS yR!!

balLin!!!

:haha: :haha:

misael
Apr 27th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Before she was stabbed Monica Seles made 8 Finals in a row,she also made the Finals of her 1st slam back USOpen 95, and won Australian 96.Ten Consecutive slams she entered she made the finals.

shirley
Apr 27th, 2007, 04:25 PM
i wouldn't put it past Serena to do it. You can never rule her out

tennisjunky
Apr 27th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Before she was stabbed Monica Seles made 8 Finals in a row,she also made the Finals of her 1st slam back USOpen 95, and won Australian 96.Ten Consecutive slams she entered she made the finals.

could you imagine what serena would have done to the competition back when seles ruled. honestly you could take any top player from today, masha, justine, serena, and they would have dominated just like seles or maybe even more. even if lindsay got in better shape earlier she could have been like seles, but then again, nobody was like seles.

Mightymirza
Apr 27th, 2007, 04:43 PM
If anyone can do it, it will be her

Of course!! Shes already won the first slam..:lol: none else can theoretically win all four slams this year..:shrug:

InTheGloaming
Apr 27th, 2007, 04:45 PM
My first post!:rocker2: :wavey:

Anyway, I think of all the players Serena has most chance, but it is a tall order! I still think she has more chance of doing it than Federer on the men's side. I wish Hingis had done it the year she really should have - 97.

I'd say there's a chance.

GracefulVenus
Apr 27th, 2007, 04:49 PM
My first post!:rocker2: :wavey:

Anyway, I think of all the players Serena has most chance, but it is a tall order! I still think she has more chance of doing it than Federer on the men's side. I wish Hingis had done it the year she really should have - 97.

I'd say there's a chance.

Welcome to the board. And yes, anything is possible when it comes to Serena Williams, I think she has proven that time after time.

No Name Face
Apr 27th, 2007, 04:51 PM
honestly, i don't see her doing it this year, but she can do it in subsequent years. however, if she wins the french, i'd say her chances to do it are a lot higher as wimbledon and u.s. open are better surfaces for her.

tae04
Apr 27th, 2007, 06:08 PM
If she wins the French Open, I will say there's a high chance she will do it.

I just dont think her body is ready for the clay.

starin
Apr 27th, 2007, 06:34 PM

of the remaining slams she has the least chance of winning the FO. Serena's movement is still not that great, not nearly as good it as it used to be. I think she's been winning because of her groundstrokes and serve. She can end the point quickly or get her opponents out of position very quickly and end the point at net. On clay a lot of those shots are going to come back and she's going to be moved around a lot. I just don't think her game as it has evolved now is that good for clay.

InTheGloaming
Apr 27th, 2007, 08:02 PM

I'm not sure that it's her body that might stop her winning the French. It might be because it's her least fave surface. I remember Steffi saying she didn't like clay. Everyone says Monica Seles was unfit, but she did better on clay than at Wimbledon - even when she was fat. So, I don't buy that it's physically harder to win the French - look at Henin.

I agree that the most difficult slam for Serena to win is Roland Garros, but cause she doesn't really like it that much.

Sorry to be biased already given I've just joined, but if anyone deserves a Grand Slam (all 4 in 1 year) it's Serena or Venus.:wavey:

friendsita
Apr 27th, 2007, 08:09 PM
I think if she win in Paris she could win the slam this year, it's all about Paris cause there she would have more difficulties to win.

santhuruu
Apr 27th, 2007, 08:14 PM
hmmm I don't know her movement during Fed Cup made me worriying. I think she has the potential to do it again, but I'm affraid that a few players are better on the claycourts than Serena.

Bruno71
Apr 28th, 2007, 12:33 AM
of the remaining slams she has the least chance of winning the FO. Serena's movement is still not that great, not nearly as good it as it used to be. I think she's been winning because of her groundstrokes and serve. She can end the point quickly or get her opponents out of position very quickly and end the point at net. On clay a lot of those shots are going to come back and she's going to be moved around a lot. I just don't think her game as it has evolved now is that good for clay.

I agree with this completely...people aren't talking as much about what a huge part court surface speed has played in Serena's comeback this year. I think she'll do fine on clay, but we won't see the domination we've seen from her on other surfaces.

Sorry to be biased already given I've just joined, but if anyone deserves a Grand Slam (all 4 in 1 year) it's Serena or Venus.:wavey:

Grand Slams aren't "deserved," they're earned. :)

woosey
Apr 28th, 2007, 12:47 AM
well, we know that right now she is the only one with a shot at the grand slam this year. :lol:

and frankly, she's the only one on the tour capable of dominating the entire field. when she wasn't there, there wasn't a dominating force.

so, if her body can hold up and if the will is there, she's got a better shot than anybody playing right now.

Martie
Apr 28th, 2007, 01:32 AM
Serina?

Maybe, but she'll have to beat Serena.

Olórin
Apr 28th, 2007, 02:11 AM
I think everyone's comments are perfectly justified, but perhaps we haven't seen the best movement from Serena yet. She said she had a French Open surprise well perhaps it's that she's going to move better - lol.

~Eclipsed~
Apr 28th, 2007, 06:50 AM
Out of all the active players, I think Serena has the best chance and can definitely make it happen.:yeah:

starin
Apr 28th, 2007, 06:59 AM
I think everyone's comments are perfectly justified, but perhaps we haven't seen the best movement from Serena yet. She said she had a French Open surprise well perhaps it's that she's going to move better - lol.

lol...that would be a welcome surprise. If she got her 2002 movement back....the rest of the tour becomes very much in trouble.
But I am guessing her surprise is some sort of outfit. or like some promotion thing. or maybe she will just start moonballing all the time.

hectopascal
Apr 28th, 2007, 08:01 AM
I don't know why I found your ^ post funny but it was lol - that's a new way of thinking! But, nah, a new outfit can't be that big of a surprise for her to announce it! I agree with Serena#1fan about what the surprise may be.

santhuruu
Apr 28th, 2007, 09:24 AM
lol...that would be a welcome surprise. If she got her 2002 movement back....the rest of the tour becomes very much in trouble.
But I am guessing her surprise is some sort of outfit. or like some promotion thing. or maybe she will just start moonballing all the time.

I also think it will be the outfit that will be the surprise, just like she said in 2004, when she held a little fashion show there.

Nemo_Kool
Apr 28th, 2007, 10:52 AM
I doubt its an outfit but i think its gonna be real big cos she hasn't played there since 2004...so im excited but yea maybe her suprise is her perfected slide..lol...seriously though the sisters are back and not only Serena but Venus is ready to prove a point!!!