PDA

View Full Version : Hingis `s exhibition

Ford
Apr 26th, 2007, 11:10 PM
I am very curiuos to know how it is going with exhibtion in Danmark. Hingis wins all stuffs or loose . Any body knows the status. Thanks for info.

Jorn
Apr 26th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Hingis won 76 36 62

Ford
Apr 27th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Hingis won 76 36 62

Hingis did not win 2 straight set as usual against lower player . What was happened really. ? Injured or something.

-jenks-
Apr 27th, 2007, 09:52 PM
who did she play?

Ford
Apr 27th, 2007, 09:54 PM
who did she play?

Caroline of course

Max565
Apr 27th, 2007, 09:59 PM
She played against Caroline Wozniacki in front of her home crowd in Copenhagen.

Pretty decent score if you ask me... I doubt Hingis would play 100% in an exhibition... People paid good money to see a thrilling match with their countrygirl Wozniacki and her idol Martina... so I don't think a showwoman like Hingis would thrash her opponent in an exhibition in two sets, less than an hour...

Ford
Apr 27th, 2007, 10:01 PM
She played against Caroline Wozniacki in front of her home crowd in Copenhagen.

Pretty decent score if you ask me... I doubt Hingis would play 100% in an exhibition... People paid good money to see a thrilling match with their countrygirl Wozniacki and her idol Martina... so I don't think a showwoman like Hingis would thrash her opponent in an exhibition in two sets, less than an hour...

That to say Hingis took a risk. It would be shame if Hingis lost.

Orion
Apr 27th, 2007, 10:07 PM

Not really, not a ton of players put a lot of stock in exhibitions. It's mostly a chance to play for fun, without any pressure, and pick up some cash.

Max565
Apr 27th, 2007, 10:12 PM

Well, most players do 'take a risk'... they have to make a great show out of these exhibitions and sometimes they have to go easy on their opponent to give them a chance to play well...

LoveFifteen
Apr 27th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Hingis did not win 2 straight set as usual against lower player . What was happened really. ? Injured or something.

It's sort of a "unwritten rule" to let your opponent win the second set after you win the first set in an exhibition. That's what Chrissy and Martina always did.

Ford
Apr 27th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Not really, not a ton of players put a lot of stock in exhibitions. It's mostly a chance to play for fun, without any pressure, and pick up some cash.

How much cash to show up . Is it equivalent cash to win a tittle like tier II ? You know how many matches Hingis played for this exhibition. THanks

Buitenzorg
Apr 27th, 2007, 11:26 PM
Hingis :kiss:

irinska
Apr 28th, 2007, 08:30 AM
It was reported that Martina took 350 000$.

Ford
Apr 28th, 2007, 09:16 AM
It was reported that Martina took 350 000$.

Oh got so much. The price is equivalent to win Indian Wells. It is better to perform at exhibition rather than real compitition because playing less matches and less energy.

irinska
Apr 28th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Yes, but only really big stars like Hingis, Serena, Venus and Maria can get such money.In the beginning of 2007 Martina Hingis was voted the most wanted player from the tournament organizers and sponsors so she can ask for a lot!

pooh14
Apr 28th, 2007, 02:32 PM
you do not expect a player beat another player (from the home country) in less then 1 hour....

this single match is suppose to be the 'main item'....so they need to give some suspense, some entertainment.....to the home crowd.

PLP
Apr 28th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Congrats Martina!!! :hearts:

Also :worship: to Caro for putting up a good fight!

This was Martina's 1st match since her hip injury, so I am really glad she came back strong in the 3rd!!!

lecciones
Apr 29th, 2007, 05:34 AM
I watched it both had amazing points, it is obvious you don't make the home crowd favourite lose in two straight sets unless you want someone out there angry. Besides, Martina is Caroline's idol :P Everythings good.

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Apr 29th, 2007, 05:59 AM
It's sort of a "unwritten rule" to let your opponent win the second set after you win the first set in an exhibition. That's what Chrissy and Martina always did.

Not during their playing years!!!! There was an LA match up in I believe 1987 where Chris was more than happy to beat Martina and gain some emotional advantage. She even phoned her coach after the win to tell him she beat Martina!!!

Sure, they had a laugh or two, but Chris wanted to win as did Martina. Martina even got upset when she felt she was screwed by a point that cost her the first set.

It may not have had the intensity of a GS, but there were no "gimmies" either! I have that match and enjoy watching it time and again.

PLP
Apr 29th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Not during their playing years!!!! There was an LA match up in I believe 1987 where Chris was more than happy to beat Martina and gain some emotional advantage. She even phoned her coach after the win to tell him she beat Martina!!!

Sure, they had a laugh or two, but Chris wanted to win as did Martina. Martina even got upset when she felt she was screwed by a point that cost her the first set.

It may not have had the intensity of a GS, but there were no "gimmies" either! I have that match and enjoy watching it time and again.

Well to both Martina and Caro's credit, they had some amazing points...every angle, every part of the court, up and down, it was really Great! It was a pretty fast indoor hardcourt but they both look in good form for the clay season!!! :kiss: :kiss: