PDA

View Full Version : I dont know why..

MikeJones
Apr 26th, 2007, 09:33 PM
so dont tear my head off...but why doesnt Clijsters or Henin play fedcup for Belgium? I havent noticed there involvement in the past, have they played alot in the past? :help:

A'DAM
Apr 26th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Last year they played both.

darrinbaker00
Apr 26th, 2007, 09:37 PM
so dont tear my head off...but why doesnt Clijsters or Henin play fedcup for Belgium? I havent noticed there involvement in the past, have they played alot in the past? :help:
You can find your answers to all things Fed Cup here: www.fedcup.com

MikeJones
Apr 26th, 2007, 09:41 PM
You can find your answers to all things Fed Cup here: www.fedcup.com

Eh, its better to ask here. And if there is a story behind a reason to something, someone will no doubt have it :D

saki
Apr 26th, 2007, 09:43 PM
They have both played a number of ties. Justine has a 15-1 win-loss record for singles, her only loss came in 2000 to Seles. Kim has an 18-3 win-loss record for singles.

Belgium have a tough time in Fed Cup because of their lack of depth.

eck
Apr 26th, 2007, 09:48 PM
I think Justine didn't want to participate just to keep her body OK.
I mean, she was exhausted after Quarter-finals, she withdrew Warsaw as defending champ. She was tired after playing 5 weeks in a row or so of tennis. Then she got her knee injured when she was playing the finals, that, could have ended the season for her.

Conor
Apr 26th, 2007, 09:51 PM

Justine nearly single handily won the Fed Cup last year...

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 26th, 2007, 10:36 PM
As poorly as Justine was treated last year by Belgian Fed Cup, I wouldn't blame her if she never played again.

MikeJones
Apr 26th, 2007, 10:40 PM
As poorly as Justine was treated last year by Belgian Fed Cup, I wouldn't blame her if she never played again.

oooh :o

darrinbaker00
Apr 26th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Could that be a Flemish/Walloon thing?

pigmalion
Apr 26th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Could that be a Flemish/Walloon thing?

From the United States you have heard about our linguistic problems :o

No, in fact we have a very united country :angel:

Mother Marjorie exaggerates, Justine has never been treated poorly from Belgians :tape:

darrinbaker00
Apr 26th, 2007, 11:05 PM
From the United States you have heard about our linguistic problems :o

No, in fact we have a very united country :angel:

Mother Marjorie exaggerates, Justine has never been treated poorly from Belgians :tape:
Is Bob Verbeeck involved with the Belgian Fed Cup team at all? I know he and Justine aren't on each other's speed dial.

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 26th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Is Bob Verbeeck involved with the Belgian Fed Cup team at all? I know he and Justine aren't on each other's speed dial.
Well, at least he would allow Justine to attend the team's dinner and matches, even if she's not playing.

pigmalion
Apr 26th, 2007, 11:14 PM

Well he was involved in the semi-final against United States I think (which took place in Flanders) because he was the organizer.

You must know that in Belgium, once on two the fed cup takes place in Flanders (and the other time takes place in Wallonia)