PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here play GLTA tournaments in the U.S.?

Lachrymarum
Apr 26th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Just curious to see if anyone on this board takes part in GLTA (Gay & Lesbian Tennis Alliance) tournaments in the U.S. I'm located in Indianapolis and this will be my first time playing in our local tournament (during the dates of September 21st-23rd). There is one coming up in Louisville, KY which, unfortunately, I'm unable to attend.
If not the GLTA - do some of you play any local tournaments?

GracefulVenus
Apr 26th, 2007, 05:01 PM
The leagues are popular in Houston, but I don't participate. Usually just USTA sanctioned tournaments.

Astroferlondon
Apr 26th, 2007, 06:27 PM
I play GLTA in Europe . Last year played London , Manchester and Barcelona . This year I've already played Eindhoven and intend to play London and Zurich! It's so much fun and you meet interesting people as well as competing.

Jguerrica
Apr 26th, 2007, 06:42 PM
YEAH!!! The GLTA comes to WTAWORLD!! I am actually on the National Board for the GLTA. (as the Standards Chair) I know of TONS of people from the tour that come to this website on a daily basis. (for I constantly reference this site to all my pals)
Please visit GLTA.net for all the updated tournaments and player schedules. Also- check out the online GLTA Magazine (which can be found on tour website as well) that I recently put together.

I just lost in the Singles Final at the Orlando Tournament, and I plan to play at the US Open (Liberty Open) in June....can't wait!!:bounce: :bounce:

Lachrymarum
Apr 26th, 2007, 07:01 PM
YEAH!!! The GLTA comes to WTAWORLD!! I am actually on the National Board for the GLTA. (as the Standards Chair) I know of TONS of people from the tour that come to this website on a daily basis. (for I constantly reference this site to all my pals)
Please visit GLTA.net for all the updated tournaments and player schedules. Also- check out the online GLTA Magazine (which can be found on tour website as well) that I recently put together.

I just lost in the Singles Final at the Orlando Tournament, and I plan to play at the US Open (Liberty Open) in June....can't wait!!:bounce: :bounce:
I'll be sure to check out GLTA's website. Thanks and good luck at the Liberty Open :D

Lachrymarum
Apr 26th, 2007, 07:01 PM
I play GLTA in Europe . Last year played London , Manchester and Barcelona . This year I've already played Eindhoven and intend to play London and Zurich! It's so much fun and you meet interesting people as well as competing.
All the best in London & Zurich! :yeah:

hanafan
Apr 26th, 2007, 07:52 PM
I play also on the gLTA tour in Europe (well, in category D...). last year : Amsterdam & Munich, this year Paris, and I plan to play in Amsterdam and Munich. The GLTA Tour has great venues, lots of fun!