Apr 26th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Go Gisela:)

Lindsayfanumber1
Apr 26th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Gise :D
Good luck in the quarters!!! :) :bounce:

Dexter
Apr 26th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Good job, Gise! :yeah: Good luck vs Olga!

Lucyxx
Apr 26th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Meh. R2, Dulko is known figher and Sucha hasn't done much of anything this year.

-Makiri-
Apr 26th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Gisela :)

Poova
Apr 26th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Gisela :D Good luck against Savchuk, you should win :o :p

CooCooCachoo
Apr 26th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Gise :woohoo:

P_Fer
Apr 26th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Good job Gise! Keep it up!

Hantuchov
Apr 26th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Take the title, Gisela ! :hearts: :drool: :bounce:

Too bad Martina had to lose today !! :( :sad: :crying2:

IceSkaTennisFan
Apr 26th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Gisela :dance:

Escape
Apr 26th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Gisela :yeah: :D
Hope you can take the title :)

tobi
Apr 26th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Congrats Gisela.

Possibly a Dulko v Loit SF match coming up(?)

doris_hdz
Apr 26th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Go Gisela

Corswandt
Apr 26th, 2007, 10:57 PM
One thing I liked about this match: two players with wide swing FHs. I simply love those.

I hadn't seen Sucha play since late 2005 (!). I remember that, at the time I thought she had a really big, very flat FH. I wasn't very impressed today, though. Her groundstrokes are solid, but hardly war winning weapons. Like Dulko, Sucha prefers to hit her FH since it is a bit more powerful and dependable than her BH, but not by that wide a margin. Dulko kept playing to Sucha's BH because she noticed (before I did :lol: ) that it was the safest way to draw errors out of her. Her serve motion reminds me of Pin's somewhat (even though it isn't as devastatingly effective ;) ).

Dulko is a very smart player, and she has to be, because she has no weapons whatsoever. Even her first serve is rather conservatively placed, and allows her to start the rally from a neutral position at best; I believe she has regressed a bit in terms of serving compared to last year. Her FH is her better side, and the one she finishes points off more often, but it's hardly a killer shot. Her BH can be unreliable and inaccurate, particularly when she's not fully stationary while hitting it. So Dulko makes up for this by building points very well, shifting from CC to DTL to open up the court, and with flawless shot selection. At last year's Estoril Open I had already noticed that Dulko has a court savvy beyond her years. She moonballs, yes, but with a purpose, since she's too slight to be a grinder. Her defense was better last year, and she was more consistent than she is now. She gives away too many free points with needless errors for someone so lacking in firepower.

Game by game report (more or less):

Sucha led 4-1 in the first, but then played a very sloppy return game to give Dulko 4-2. Dulko then broke for 4-3, in a lengthy game with several deuces and a few well built points by Dulko - Dulko then got broken at love, and made 3 bad errors in a row to give Sucha 3 SPs. Sucha converted the first one.

On to the second set, which began with Dulko holding serve and then being very aggressive (for her standards, that is) on the next game - a pattern which repeated itself during the two final sets; as soon as she was ahead on the scoreboard, Dulko became more aggressive - and Sucha made some needless errors. Eventually Dulko led 3-0, and with Sucha serving at 4-1 she again played aggressively - but the quality of the match was by now quite poor from both players. Dulko served for the set at 5-1 and quickly went down 0-40. She saved the first 2 BPs with good points, but was eventually broken.

The level of Sucha's performance steadily decreased as the match went on, and at the end of the second set there were a few moments when she looked spent, or at least looked as if she couldn't be arsed.

The third set opened with an exchange of breaks. Dulko held to make it 2-1 with an excellent game (which was when my livestream broke down) so I was surprised that the set turned out to be quite tight.

Martie
Apr 26th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Gise :banana:

Frode
Apr 27th, 2007, 01:39 AM
One thing I liked about this match: two players with wide swing FHs. I simply love those.

I hadn't seen Sucha play since late 2005 (!). I remember that, at the time I thought she had a really big, very flat FH. I wasn't very impressed today, though. Her groundstrokes are solid, but hardly war winning weapons. Like Dulko, Sucha prefers to hit her FH since it is a bit more powerful and dependable than her BH, but not by that wide a margin. Dulko kept playing to Sucha's BH because she noticed (before I did :lol: ) that it was the safest way to draw errors out of her. Her serve motion reminds me of Pin's somewhat (even though it isn't as devastatingly effective ;) ).

Dulko is a very smart player, and she has to be, because she has no weapons whatsoever. Even her first serve is rather conservatively placed, and allows her to start the rally from a neutral position at best; I believe she has regressed a bit in terms of serving compared to last year. Her FH is her better side, and the one she finishes points off more often, but it's hardly a killer shot. Her BH can be unreliable and inaccurate, particularly when she's not fully stationary while hitting it. So Dulko makes up for this by building points very well, shifting from CC to DTL to open up the court, and with flawless shot selection. At last year's Estoril Open I had already noticed that Dulko has a court savvy beyond her years. She moonballs, yes, but with a purpose, since she's too slight to be a grinder. Her defense was better last year, and she was more consistent than she is now. She gives away too many free points with needless errors for someone so lacking in firepower.

Sucha led 4-1 in the first, but then played a very sloppy return game to give Dulko 4-2. Dulko then broke for 4-3, in a lengthy game with several deuces and a few well built points by Dulko - Dulko then got broken at love, and made 3 bad errors in a row to give Sucha 3 SPs. Sucha converted the first one.

On to the second set, which began with Dulko holding serve and then being very aggressive (for her standards, that is) on the next game - a pattern which repeated itself during the two final sets; as soon as she was ahead on the scoreboard, Dulko became more aggressive - and Sucha made some needless errors. Eventually Dulko led 3-0, and with Sucha serving at 4-1 she again played aggressively - but the quality of the match was by now quite poor from both players. Dulko served for the set at 5-1 and quickly went down 0-40. She saved the first 2 BPs with good points, but was eventually broken.

The level of Sucha's performance steadily decreased as the match went on, and at the end of the second set there were a few moments when she looked spent, or at least looked as if she couldn't be arsed.

The third set opened with an exchange of breaks. Dulko held to make it 2-1 with an excellent game (which was when my livestream broke down) so I was surprised that the set turned out to be quite tight.

And Gisela looked stunning in white:hearts:
Is that Nicole in Your avtar?

Natash.
Apr 27th, 2007, 01:50 AM
Gisela, win the tournament! :) Either you or Cirstea will be fine. ;P

Josh.
Apr 27th, 2007, 06:25 AM

thanks for the report on gisela! she has slimed down this past year, tis a pitty ;)

jazar
Apr 27th, 2007, 06:47 AM
well fought out gisela