PDA

View Full Version : Bombshell: Domachowska shows the middle finger to Warsaw Tier II organisers

St.Sebastian
Apr 25th, 2007, 04:56 PM
http://www.geocities.com/njtrailerpark/Fuckyou.jpg

Marta Domachowska decided to withdraw from J&S Cup in Warsaw after the organisers gave the last main draw wild card to Katarzyna Piter.

The Pole sent a letter to the tournament office announcing that she wouldn't show up at the qualifying tournament starting on Saturday. The official reason is her participation in the Torrent challenger this week. The rumour is though that the family is angry at the organisers for not awarding a main draw wildcard to Domachowska. The WCs were given to two 16 year-olds: Ula Radwanska(WTA-340) and Katarzyna Piter (unranked).

Domachowska (WTA 162), who is still Poland's no.2, and her family were offended by tournament's decision to give a qualifying WC to Marta (even though Marta could use her own ranking for direct entry).
- We gave Marta three wild cards before, she had enough chances to use them in the development of her career. Now it's time for other girls - explained Stefan Makarczyk, tournament director. Domachowska's replacement in qualifying will probably be Karolina Kosinska (WTA-303).

--------------------------

A pity that Marta wasn't given the WC. Piter is very young and has barely played the ITF circuit. She doesn't even have a ranking and it's probably to early for her to play TIER-II main draw. She would have benefited more from a qualifying WC where she could possibly win a match or two. Now it's up to Marta to go and win Torrent, if she loses early the organisers will be top this time.

Modiac.
Apr 25th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Did the organisers show her the MD wildcard in return?

Dexter
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:02 PM
IMHO It's better that she plays ITFs for now. She wouldn't win a match in MD unless she was veeeeery lucky with the draw.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Well, I don't understand her decision. I know that she's mad that she didn't get a WC but heck, the tournament organiser is right, she wasted all her WCs :shrug:
She should play qualies though :shrug:

Sally Struthers
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Damn I was misled by the topic title and thought there might be a picure of her giving the finger to someone.

Modiac.
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:04 PM
IMHO It's better that she plays ITFs for now. She wouldn't win a match in MD unless she would be veeeeery lucky with the draw.
Agree with you.

papru
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:05 PM
She can put her middle finger right in... :o :p

gumoll
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:05 PM
better give a MD WC to a player without any results this year :rolleyes:

gumoll
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:06 PM
IMHO It's better that she plays ITFs for now. She wouldn't win a match in MD unless she was veeeeery lucky with the draw.
and Ula will win???

gumoll
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:06 PM
She can put her middle finger right in... :o :p
you better put your head there !!!!:fiery:

papru
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:11 PM
you better put your head there !!!!:fiery:

I don't expect her to have 'this' big enough for my head :lol:

St.Sebastian
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Damn I was misled by the topic title and thought there might be a picure of her giving the finger to someone.
lol

Dexter
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:22 PM
and Ula will win???I doubt it, I think she deserves her WC more though.

gumoll
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:24 PM
I doubt it, I think she deserves her WC more though.
:spit:

because of what???

Rtael
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:25 PM
I'm with Marta on this one...maybe she hasn't done a lot, but giving a MAIN DRAW wildward to an unranked junior? That's pretty much a slap in the face.

V-MAC
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:25 PM
lol

Marta is looking good in that pic :drool:

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:26 PM
and Ula will win???

In the last year Marta has been in the main draw of 17 WTA tournaments and won her 1st match 6 times. Ula has been in the main draw of 3 WTA tournaments and won her 1st match twice. Hard to say. I should add that the WTA matches Ula won both came in tournaments she qualified for.

Obviously not nice for Marta and she is probably angry but if she is able to use that anger in a constructive way it might be a good thing. It is difficult when you are used to being the top banana and suddenly you aren't anymore.

Aaron.
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Go Marta!! tell them organisers to kiss your ass.

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Go Marta!! tell them organisers to kiss your ass.

If she did that she might get alot of WTAworld fans pretending to be tournament organisers. :p

Uranus
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:35 PM
How about Piter's chances? :help: :scared:

Marta has had some good results at bigger ITF tournaments lately, IMO she deserved a chance to compete against those she could beat one year ago - but yes, she needs a lucky draw to get through 1st round.

Btw, I don't think Ula has more chances either - her results this year at ITF 25k tournaments aren't great at all.

adam_ads_n
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:58 PM
She did the right thing - you don't want me, I don't want you. The organisers knew Marta is going to play Torrent, and gave a wild-card to unranked player who not only doesn't play this week, but also doesn't play in seniors at all (I don;t count those four 10K appearances last year). Yes - she is a talent, but if she wins a match - I will be shocked. Also wild card for Ula is questionable - she doesn't have any good results this season, and is at almost 350th place in WTA ranks.

This year the draw of Warsaw's tournament is slightly worse than a year ago. There are some players Marta would beat, and Ula or Kasia couldn't. That's why it's not fair to reject Polish number 2 in that way. I hope Marta wins in Torrents, and shows them that this decision was more than wrong.

A'DAM
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:03 PM
I was also angry with the organisers!!!

She brought so much attention in last 2 years and now they give a MD WC to some unranked teen instead her :rolleyes:

She did the right thing they can fuck themselfs :fiery:

Dexter
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:04 PM
They are slim. But she's new and it's gonna be great experience for her and I can't wait to watch her play.

A'DAM
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Well, I don't understand her decision. I know that she's mad that she didn't get a WC but heck, the tournament organiser is right, she wasted all her WCs :shrug:
She should play qualies though :shrug:

What are you saying?

She got a WC ONCE!!! And in that year she advanced to 2nd round!!!
Last year she got on her own ranking!!!

So next time if you say something check your news first :rolleyes:

A'DAM
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:09 PM

because of what???

Exactly???

For all those first round losses this year :confused: :rolleyes:

-sugi-
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:17 PM
I think Marta deserves the wildcard. Ok, she hasn't had the best of results for a while, but she has been the Polish #1 untill only a few months ago. Even though she hasn't played well for a while I still think she is worthy of the last one.

But lastly, maybe this may help Marta. She probably won't want to be in the same position next year so maybe she'll start coming into good form again :)

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:22 PM
What are you saying?

Actually she got a WC every year between 2002 and 2005. That is 4 WCs. I'm not saying she didn't deserve them but I guess one doesn't want to be giving WCs in 2007 to the same player you gave them to five years earlier.

A'DAM
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:22 PM
By the way

50K 1st rd Domachowska d. Wheeler 7/6(5) 6/4

Only this win is better than Ula & Kasia achived this year!!!

A'DAM
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Actually she got a WC every year between 2002 and 2005. That is 4 WCs. I'm not saying she didn't deserve them but I guess one doesn't wan't to be giving WCs in 2007 to the same player you gave them to five years earlier.

I take in accound the Warsaw Tier II

And last year she did not get a WC

papru
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:23 PM

I bet a year ago many many were saying the same about Aga Radwanska :p
I am not saying Kasia will reach QF or even win a match for sure but she is definitely the one to watch and the one who deserves this chance :D

A'DAM
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:25 PM
I bet a year ago many many were saying the same about Aga Radwanska :p
I am not saying Kasia will reach QF or even win a match for sure but she is definitely the one to watch and the one who deserves this chance :D

She deserve is as much as Krauze deserve to get quali WC

Mana
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Ok, Ive never been a fan of Domachoska or anything, but what a joke this decision it. I saw her play qualies and accually couldnt beleive how bad she was, but in saying that, shes been on the improve in recent tournaments. She could put the WC, to good use. Keep going Marta :yeah::hug:

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:29 PM
I take in accound the Warsaw Tier II

And last year she did not get a WC

She got a WC for Warsaw every year between 2002 and 2005, and I do mean the WTA event not challengers.

Ellery
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:32 PM
I'm with Marta on this one, giving a MD WC to an unranked junior? I don't even think Ula deserves this WC much more than her :shrug:

Marta :hug:

papru
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:39 PM
She deserve is as much as Krauze deserve to get quali WC

OMG :rolleyes:

hablo
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:40 PM
I'm with Marta on this one...maybe she hasn't done a lot, but giving a MAIN DRAW wildward to an unranked junior? That's pretty much a slap in the face.

She did the right thing - you don't want me, I don't want you. The organisers knew Marta is going to play Torrent, and gave a wild-card to unranked player who not only doesn't play this week, but also doesn't play in seniors at all (I don;t count those four 10K appearances last year). Yes - she is a talent, but if she wins a match - I will be shocked. Also wild card for Ula is questionable - she doesn't have any good results this season, and is at almost 350th place in WTA ranks.

This year the draw of Warsaw's tournament is slightly worse than a year ago. There are some players Marta would beat, and Ula or Kasia couldn't. That's why it's not fair to reject Polish number 2 in that way. I hope Marta wins in Torrents, and shows them that this decision was more than wrong.

I agree with these posts.
Being the second highest ranked Polish player should count for something : a maindraw wildcard.

A'DAM
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:41 PM
OMG :rolleyes:

Lets be honest she is unranked junior!!!

Even Aga and Ula first recieved quali WC and than next year MD WC!

papru
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:42 PM
What are you saying?

She had 4 WCs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So next time if you say something check your news first :help:

adam_ads_n
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:43 PM

Only Aga, but still

papru
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:43 PM

she is unranked junior but sometime she has to start earning her points or should she be unranked forever just because she is unranked now, heh??

LUXXXAS
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:49 PM
good decision Marta! :yeah:
she deserves MD WC more than this unknown girl! and more than Ula!
but everyone knows that organizers don't like Marta.. :o

papru
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:54 PM
good decision Marta! :yeah:
she deserves MD WC more than this unknown girl! and more than Ula!
but everyone knows that organizers don't like Marta.. :o
:weirdo:
if they didnt like her, they wouldnt have given 4 WCs to her :o

Joana
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Domachowska was also an unranked junior when she got the WC at Warsaw for the first time.
She's had her chances.

Just Do It
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:57 PM
She should get it !

Kim's_fan_4ever
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:58 PM
- We gave Marta three wild cards before, she had enough chances to use them in the development of her career. Now it's time for other girls - explained Stefan Makarczyk, tournament director.

What are you saying?

I don't care how many WCs Domachowska got, the fact is that she's only been in the 2nd round once and only because she was lucky to defeat Razzano... For example she didn't use her chance to beat Voracova in 03.
Whatever. I couldn't care less for Marta atm.

CooCooCachoo
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Well, she doesn't exactly deserve a WC :lol:

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Marta clearly deserved the WC, especially as the second highest ranked Polish Player.

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:02 PM
I should add when Marta got her WC for Warsaw in 2002 she was unranked. The Warsaw tournament did alot in giving her opportunities to get used to main tour level opposition. Now it is the turn of other young players.....

gumoll
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:02 PM
I don't care how many WCs Domachowska got, the fact is that she's only been in the 2nd round once and only because she was lucky to defeat Razzano... For example she didn't use her chance to beat Voracova in 03.
twice :rolleyes:

gumoll
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:03 PM
I should add when Marta got her WC for Warsaw in 2002 she was unranked. The Warsaw tournament did alot in giving her opportunities to get used to main tour level opposition. Now it is the turn of other young players.....
so who else from Poland should get then this WC in 2002???

thomas.chung
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Young players have to start somewhere. And by being a wild card whore isn't going to do you much good. She's had three chances, and I think that is more than plenty for someone like Domachowska to show her talent, skills and level of play. I am not questioning Domachowska's tennis here, but her ethics as an athlete. It is very hard for the organizer to give you another wild card especially if you don't have much to show. Radwanska and the other girl are young and they need the WC more than Domachowska. I am pretty sure that three years down the road if Radwanska say and do the same thing, I would say the same thing over. It is just not right to keep asking for wild card and not let other up and comer have a chance.

Dexter
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:04 PM
This thread definitely deserves a 'bombshell' in its title. :hearts: :drool:

Jakub
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:06 PM

Between 03-Voracova and 05-Razzano was 04 when Marta defeated Schlukebir in round 1 before losing to Farina Elia in 3 sets.

good decision Marta :worship:

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:12 PM
so who else from Poland should get then this WC in 2002???

Hey, I am not suggesting they gave it too the wrong person in 2002 at all. And as I said the WCs she received from them clearly helped her career. My point is actually that it is not so bad to give the WCs this year to lower ranked players either. Hopefully they will serve Ula and Kasia as well as the ones Marta received early in her career served her.

Marta is a big girl now. She shouldn't need anymore help. Her ranking is her responsibility now. It is where it is because of her performances, nothing else.

St.Sebastian
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:13 PM
lol :p

A'DAM
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Hey, I am not suggesting they gave it too the wrong person in 2002 at all. And as I said the WCs she received from them clearly helped her career. My point is actually that it is not so bad to give the WCs this year to lower ranked players either. Hopefully they will serve Ula and Kasia as well as the ones Marta received early in her career served her.

Marta is a big girl now. She shouldn't need anymore help. Her ranking is her responsibility now. It is where it is because of her performances, nothing else.

Kasia Piter is NOT RANKED at all!!!

She is even not one of the best junior players...

And one more point : take 100 Polish people and ask who is Kasia Piter. I guess maybe 1 will know!
Than ask who is Marta Domachowska I guess it will be around 75!

So who do you think will bring more people to see this tounament?

pierce0415
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:19 PM

homage to pierce0415 :woohoo:

Dexter
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:20 PM
lol :pOur own Polish bombshell! :worship:

gumoll

so no WCs for players over 20???

Shvedbarilescu

Sure and neither was Marta when she got her 1st Warsaw wildcard. 3 years later Marta was in the top 100. Lets hope the same thing happens to Kasia.

A'DAM
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Sure and neither was Marta when she got her 1st Warsaw wildcard. 3 years later Marta was in the top 100. Lets hope the same thing happens to Kasia.

Please at that time it was Tier III with low price money! Now we are talkin about Tier II A!

Dexter
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:23 PM

As someone already pointed out, she has to start somewhere even if she won't win more than 2-3 games it's gonna be big deal for her.

Pszczelny
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Marta :yeah:
I hope she'll back there one day to prove they're wrong :angel:

btw good to see most people here take Marta's side ;)

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:26 PM
so no WCs for players over 20???

Is the idea to build up Polish tennis so that Poland has more than 1 or 2 players in the top 100? Certainly I think that is something to aspire to and it would seem giving WCs to talented youngsters is a step towards this. An extra WC isnt going to make any difference to Marta's career at this point. If Marta is good enough she will get her ranking back up and next year she won't need one.

goldenlox
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:26 PM
The people making this decision feel that Marta is not the future of Polish tennis.
WC's are given out very subjectively.

jazar
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:27 PM
i thought she really gave them the finger. i'm disappointed. :sad:

papru
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:27 PM

And one more point : take 100 Polish people and ask who is Kasia Piter. I guess maybe 1 will know!
Than ask who is Marta Domachowska I guess it will be around 75!

So who do you think will bring more people to see this tounament?

Domachowska is done!!! there's no point in bringing her to live again and again... waste of time and WCs...

gumoll
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Domachowska is done!!! there's no point in bringing her to live again and again... waste of time and WCs...
:o :weirdo: :cuckoo: :rolleyes: :help: :tape: :(

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Marta :yeah:
I hope she'll back there one day to prove they're wrong :angel:

btw good to see most people here take Marta's side ;)

If Marta gets back up there one day it doesn't actually prove that anyone was wrong. If Kasia never reaches the top 200 then perhaps they were wrong to give her a WC but we won't know that for a few years.

papru
As someone already pointed out, she has to start somewhere even if she won't win more than 2-3 games it's gonna be big deal for her.

wasnt that me :p?? ;)

Dexter
Domachowska is done!!! there's no point in bringing her to live again and again... waste of time and WCs...She's not 30 for crying out loud. :tape: :o

*Jean*
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Strange decision :( Poor Marta :sad:

papru
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:30 PM
:o :weirdo: :cuckoo: :rolleyes: :help: :tape: :(

do you really believe she will achieve more than she already has??? I think she will never be top 40 again...

gumoll
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:32 PM
do you really believe she will achieve more than she already has??? I think she will never be top 40 again...
yes :angel:

papru
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:34 PM
yes :angel:

nadzieja matka głupich jak mowia :devil:

but I really wouldnt mind if she played great again... I have nothing against her, just try to be realistic...

adam_ads_n
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:36 PM

"i support Aga and Ula not Marta" - wasn't that your quote?

Please - start being objective. Marta is working hard, and try to build up her ranking by ITF tournaments. If she plays good enough in Torrent, than Tiro a volo and Zagreb, she will move up. And considering she has no points to defend this year - she is capable to be in the top 70 and the end of the season. And that's only the first step.

Reuchlin
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:39 PM
She deserves a md wc-- especially given that she is the number 2 player in the country. I have a feeling there was some backroom deal going on here, are the other girl's parents wealthy? relatives of the organizers?

Anyways, this should make Marta wake up and smell the coffee, and play better tennis.

papru
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:40 PM
"i support Aga and Ula not Marta" - wasn't that your quote?

Please - start being objective. Marta is working hard, and try to build up her ranking by ITF tournaments. If she plays good enough in Torrent, than Tiro a volo and Zagreb, she will move up. And considering she has no points to defend this year - she is capable to be in the top 70 and the end of the season. And that's only the first step.

yes it was my quote... so what :confused:
time will show... and now she's 160.

Pszczelny
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:41 PM
If Marta gets back up there one day it doesn't actually prove that anyone was wrong. If Kasia never reaches the top 200 then perhaps they were wrong to give her a WC but we won't know that for a few years.

I'm talking about rank giving her direct MD, this years' decision shows they don't believe Marta can back to top 50 (or even to 100)

about Kasia, she is unranked coz she doesn't play senior tour, she played some tournaments last year, but since then she really improved (according to juniors results), we don't know what she can do now in seniors, though IMO she should be given only qualies WC

maxomax
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Surprising that they didn't give a WC to Polish player No2. You took the good decision Marta! Good luck in Torrent!

papru
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:42 PM
I am not gonna argue here forever :rolleyes:
My last say:
Marta has already had 4 WCs, she'sout of form now and Piter showed she's the one to watch. Period.

Jakub
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:43 PM
nadzieja matka głupich jak mowia :devil:

az dziw, ze znasz to slowo
ale to dobrze, bo jest Ci bardzo bliskie !

gumoll
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Jakubie :yeah:

:bounce:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:51 PM

:rolls:

papru
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:52 PM

tak mi pojechałeś że normalnie nie wiem co mam z tym zrobić :lol:
strasznie to wziąłem do siebie :tape: :help:

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:53 PM
I'm talking about rank giving her direct MD, this years' decision shows they don't believe Marta can back to top 50 (or even to 100)

about Kasia, she is unranked coz she doesn't play senior tour, she played some tournaments last year, but since then she really improved (according to juniors results), we don't know what she can do now in seniors, though IMO she should be given only qualies WC

I don't believe the decision not to give Marta a WC means that the tournament organisers are saying we don't believe you have a future, it is more we believe you have shown enough over the last couple of years that you shouldn't need our help to get your career back on track.

Marta got all the assistance she needed in terms of WCs as she moved up the rankings. It is not the fault of tournament directors that she is now 160 in the world. It seems a sound decision to want to give other young players the same opportunities Marta got when she was coming up.

jamatthews
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:56 PM
This is cutting your nose of to spite your face. I can understand that she's pissed off. I'm all for juniors getting WCs but Piter really should only get one for qualifying. All the more reason for her to qualify and then stick the middle finger up at the organizers (crossing her fingers that she draws either Ula or Piter). It's a pretty big tournament to skip purely on principal, and surely alot of fans will be disappointed not to see her?

FORZA SARITA
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Katarzyna Piter???????

papru
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Katarzyna Piter???????

yes :p

FORZA SARITA
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:01 PM
poor marta

Dexter
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Katarzyna Piter???????Serena?

FORZA SARITA
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Serena?

:confused:

Dexter
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:07 PM
:confused::sad:.

FORZA SARITA
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:09 PM
:CONFUSED:

lol

i miss the smiles

Pszczelny
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:10 PM
I don't believe the decision not to give Marta a WC means that the tournament organisers are saying we don't believe you have a future, it is more we believe you have shown enough over the last couple of years that you shouldn't need our help to get your career back on track.

Marta got all the assistance she needed in terms of WCs as she moved up the rankings. It is not the fault of tournament directors that she is now 160 in the world. It seems a sound decision to want to give other young players the same opportunities Marta got when she was coming up.

it's not directly said but can be read from this decision, there is now in Poland trend to finish off Marta, looks the organizers went that way too

but I'm sure Marta will back stronger :wavey:

Pszczelny
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Serena?

:bigcry:

A'DAM
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:13 PM

:worship:

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:17 PM
it's not directly said but can be read from this decision, there is now in Poland trend to finish off Marta, looks the organizers went that way too

but I'm sure Marta will back stronger :wavey:

And why would the Polish want to finish off Marta? :confused:

As for Marta's future that is in Marta's hands which is just as it should be. If she is strong enough as you say she will be back.

Jogi
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:22 PM
OMG :fiery: @ the organizers
poor Marta...
and some polish posters even support this decision... they obviously have forgotten times when Marta was the only presentable player on wta-level in Poland, even if she is in a slump and ITFs were better for her, she apparently would have enjoyed playing in front of her home crown in MD... honestly, she deserves this MD-WC more than this Piter any time, and she knows it

adam_ads_n
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:23 PM

As for Marta's future that is in Marta's hands which is just as it should be. If she is strong enough as you say she will be back.

She had a manager who broke all her contacts with Polish tennis association. As one of the few - she hasn't been in PZT Prokom Team (Both Aga and Ula are in it). After she split up with this manager, she even played our Fed Cup team last week.

And here, in Poland, Marta is supported by real tennis fans, who understand there are some ups and downs in every career. She is trashed by newspapers and all the pseudo-fans who loved her when she was in the top 50.

A'DAM
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:24 PM

You dont live in this country so you have no idea
:sad:

LefandePatty
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:26 PM
IDIOTS ! :mad:

Marta was kinda impressive this weekend !

I can't believe it ! :fiery:

Jogi
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:26 PM
She had a manager who broke all her contacts with Polish tennis association. As one of the few - she hasn't been in PZT Prokom Team (Both Aga and Ula are in it). After she split up with this manager, she even played our Fed Cup team last week.

And here, in Poland, Marta is supported by real tennis fans, who understand there are some ups and downs in every career. She is trashed by newspapers and all the pseudo-fans who loved her when she was in the top 50.

that's so pathetic, but same with ALG here in Germany

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:32 PM

That can't be easy but as Marta herself said "what doesn't kill you....." The future is still in her hands. And I still don't think it does any harm giving a couple of young players a chance. You obviously believe in Marta's inner strength. Well then everything should turn out alright.

Dexter
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:36 PM

As for Marta's future that is in Marta's hands which is just as it should be. If she is strong enough as you say she will be back.It looks like our national feature. :lol: Especially considering sports. For instance so many people wrote off Adam Małysz - saying that he's done as a champion and won't achieve anything spectacular anymore. And guess what... After poor start to the last season he won almost all there was to win having arguably the best season of his career (certainly in my eyes it was his best, it just tasted as the best). How quickly journalists and all Poles started to back him again and of course all claimed they've never given up on him. It was hilarious at times. :lol: :help: Anyway it looks a bit similar now with Marta. It doesn't mean I think she's gonna be even stronger than at the beginning but I believe she will be somehow back even if it means 'only' to be back to Top100 again. That being said I hope she proves me wrong and exceeds my expectation by getting higher than her CH of #37. (even though I am still sceptical about that).

polishprodigy
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:37 PM

I agree with you 100%. And what is worse, is that Piter, who has great potential and should have been awarded a Qualy wc instead of silly Krauze ( :rolleyes: ), is not even in the top 50 in juniors. If she was a Wozniacki or Pavlyuchenkova, I would understand. I support Kasia, but I think that Marta deserved this WC (and I was so easy to roll my eyes at her when she had bad results, but I am on her side on this one).

polishprodigy
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:41 PM
What is also stupid is that the organizers would award Marta a Qualy WC, when she didn't even need one :p (But apparently she was in the next in list?) It makes it almost no surprise that Marta's manager cut her Polish tennis contacts....(which I think is a bad decision but maybe understandable if they were not supporting her when she was losing).

Who is Marta's coach now anyway? She had that Adidas guy who coached Kirilenko too, but that was only temporary no?

A'DAM
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:42 PM
You don't have to be so mean with your response.

Ja nie mieszkam w Polsce ale ja jeszte lubiem Polski tennis

Ja tez juz tam nie mieszkam na szczescie!!!

Mialem na mysli nasz "polskie piekielko" ktore zgotowano Marcie :wavey:

polishprodigy
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:45 PM
I wonder if the tournament organizer thinks Krauze has potential. Yes, her two 10k first round victories show great promise.....:rolleyes:

Josh.
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:46 PM
:lol: at the title

Dexter
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:46 PM
I wonder if the tournament organizer thinks Krauze has potential. Yes, her two 10k first round victories show great promise.....:rolleyes:Cmon, we all know why she got this WC.

polishprodigy
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Ja tez juz tam nie mieszkam na szczescie!!!

Mialem na mysli nasz "polskie piekielko" ktore zgotowano Marcie :wavey:

Popraszam, ja nie widzalem twoje ":sad:". Te mieszkasz Morocco? Dlaczego nie indje? (Moje pisanie nie jest tak dobrze, popraszam ;) )

Europe rocks
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Good on you Marta. Even though you have been in a decline, you are much more deserving of a wildcard than Piter. Give Piter a couple of years and yes, she maybe worthy of a wildcard, but not right now.

Marta :bigclap:

adam_ads_n
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:56 PM
What is also stupid is that the organizers would award Marta a Qualy WC, when she didn't even need one :p (But apparently she was in the next in list?) It makes it almost no surprise that Marta's manager cut her Polish tennis contacts....(which I think is a bad decision but maybe understandable if they were not supporting her when she was losing).

Who is Marta's coach now anyway? She had that Adidas guy who coached Kirilenko too, but that was only temporary no?

She's got 2 spanish coaches in Ferrero academy of tennis.

Jogi
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Cmon, we all know why she got this WC.

no, what? did she sleep with the tournement director or what?

polishprodigy
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Cmon, we all know why she got this WC.

I know, $$$$, but I wonder how the tournament organizer would respond if asked why she got the WC ;)

Dexter
Apr 25th, 2007, 09:02 PM
no, what? did she sleep with the tournement director or what?:tape: :lol:

She comes from money.

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 25th, 2007, 09:03 PM
It looks like our national feature. :lol: Especially considering sports. For instance so many people wrote off Adam Małysz - saying that he's done as a champion and won't achieve anything spectacular anymore. And guess what... After poor start to the last season he won almost all there was to win having arguably the best season of his career (certainly in my eyes it was his best, it just tasted as the best). How quickly journalists and all Poles started to back him again and of course all claimed they've never given up on him. It was hilarious at times. :lol: :help: Anyway it looks a bit similar now with Marta. It doesn't mean I think she's gonna be even stronger than at the beginning but I believe she will be somehow back even if it means 'only' to be back to Top100 again. That being said I hope she proves me wrong and exceeds my expectation by getting higher than her CH of #37. (even though I am still sceptical about that).

Well she is still only 21 so she has alot of time.

I must be honest, I have seen her play three times, twice live at Wimbledon, and once on TV and she has never at all impressed me. Quite frankly I didn't find her game at all interesting. In her defence, obviously grass is not very suited to her style of play and the other time I saw her on TV might have just been a poor match.

As you know, I do like to support Polish tennis. And Marta is clearly a nice girl. So I would like to see her prove me wrong and impress me and make me a fan but as of now she hasn't done that. However she still has alot of time to make me and all her detractors eat our words. Małysz is a great example that an athletes career can go up and down and then back up. Nothing stays the same. Good luck to Marta.

But I'm still in with the group of people who don't have a problem with Kasia receiving that main draw WC over Marta.

polishprodigy
Apr 26th, 2007, 12:04 AM
I still believe in Marta, but I am really disappointed with her fall, which is why I was so hard on her when she lost a lot.

I have seen Marta play twice. Both times, she played extremely well during practice. However, the first time, when she was ranked in the 30s/low 40s, she practiced well but failed to show up against Dulko and lost easily. The second time, she was still in the top 100 but barely and had to play qualifying. She easily won her first match of qualifying against a lacklustre opponent, easily won her final round match against a really good opponent, and then won her first round against Molik, who was still making her comeback but is a tough player. So in this tournament, I saw a lot of potential in Marta, as she was in the midst of her decline but managed to scrape up some valuable wins.

goldenlox
Apr 26th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Look at what is happening near Poland. All the Russian players, Serbia, Czech Republic.
They want star players in Poland. They want to see what the young players can do.
Maybe they're impatient.

gocanadago
Apr 26th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Stupid decision by the organizers of the tourney :(

Cat's Pajamas
Apr 26th, 2007, 12:35 AM
I'm not sure if she would have done well in the main draw but she was definitely more deserving of that precious WC than that other chick who isn't even ranked :help:

.Andrew.
Apr 26th, 2007, 02:52 AM

Agreed. But I think that'd it be nice for Marta to get into the MD of her home country instead of working hard to just qualify even if she's playing like crap right now. But yeah, she's struggling so the ITFs would be a better choice.

Harvs
Apr 26th, 2007, 02:57 AM
Polish number 2... she deserved one for sure!

frenchie
Apr 26th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Who will be the lucky player to meet this unknown and unranked nobody??

polishprodigy
Apr 26th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Who will be the lucky player to meet this unknown and unranked nobody??

I have to admit, in Polish circles, Kasia Piter is not so unknown. She is lauded as an up and comer, a future for Polish tennis. The question is whether she deserved a MD WC at this time. Almost makes me question if she will be the next "Olivia Lukaszewicz of the Australian Open".

A'DAM
Apr 26th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Small update:

50.000 Torrent

Marta Domachowska def. Andrea Hlavackova 62 63

Reaches QF :worship:

Reiken
Apr 26th, 2007, 03:38 PM
poor marta

frenchie
Apr 26th, 2007, 03:42 PM
I have to admit, in Polish circles, Kasia Piter is not so unknown. She is lauded as an up and comer, a future for Polish tennis. The question is whether she deserved a MD WC at this time. Almost makes me question if she will be the next "Olivia Lukaszewicz of the Australian Open".

the poor girl who lost all her 24 games at the AO:help:

papru
Apr 26th, 2007, 05:02 PM
The fight is on I see :p

Lucyxx
Apr 26th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Marta has seriously aged since I witnessed her indoor title last season. :eek:

gumoll
Apr 26th, 2007, 05:16 PM
the poor girl who lost all her 24 games at the AO:help:
she beat Gajdosova in AUS Open qualies :p

Louis Cyphre
Apr 26th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Stupid organisers :(
A lot of people will want to see Marta but because of the organisers they can only enjoy Katarzyna Piter`s 61 62 defeat ...

Wojtek
Apr 26th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Domachowska sucks.

She woudn't win in MD whatever and her crazy mom can say what she wants

Wojtek
Apr 26th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Stupid organisers :(
A lot of people will want to see Marta but because of the organisers they can only enjoy Katarzyna Piter`s 61 62 defeat ...

They gave WC for Domachowska when she was 16. Zarska and Straczy were better but Marta took WCs. Now the same story with Domachowska.

Dexter
Apr 26th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Who will be the lucky player to meet this unknown and unranked nobody??Weren't you considering Radwańska as a nobody last year as well? :wavey:

Aga defeats Nastya in a 3-setter thriller... oh memories. :drool: :hearts: