PDA

View Full Version : BUDAPEST 2R: Karin Knapp (ITA) def. Karolina Sprem (CRO) 4-6 6-2 6-4

Darop.
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Disgraceful match but at least she won! :yeah:

Karin :hearts:

Meelis
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Karin :)

Dexter
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Congrats Karin.

Karolina. :smash: WTF was that last game? :weirdo: All 4 shots into the net. :tape:

AlexBarrington
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Karin good win!!;)

Viktymise
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Fair to say Karolina practically gave it away with 8 UE's in the last 2 games :o

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Dismal match from Sprem. Just boatloads of errors at the biggest moments, netting return after return. Not promising at all. Just really, really bad. Of course there were flashes of brilliance here and there, but she's too retarded with her shot selection to make up for those errors. And her serve is crap now, too.

Congrats to Knapp (even though she was far from impressive herself)

Jogi
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:35 PM
there are no words to describe how ridiculous bad this match was

congrats Karin :hearts:

FORZA SARITA
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:36 PM
after 2 final in 25k events in a row 2nd time in a QF Wta for her....i'm just too happy
now Kremer....please beat her!!!!:hearts:

darkangel23
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:38 PM
NOOO KAROOOO!!!! WHYY?
i thought you might getting your first title in Budapest...

stefi62
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Congrats Karin! :worship:

Frode
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Good luck against Kremer for Karin.

But this was total crap. Sprem:help:

Modiac.
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:43 PM
K-lina :smash:
Don't choke anymore,okay??! :help:

croat123
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:44 PM
worst match ever :o
she played worse than she did in miami vs. savchuk, i didn't think that was possible

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:52 PM
The thing with Karolina is I suspect she will go to the lockerroom and tell herself if she didn't make so many errors she would have won. And perhaps against Knapp the way Knapp was playing she might have but the way Karolina is playing right now will not produce many decent wins at all even if she does cut out alot of the errors. She really does need to completely revamp her game. Trying to blast every ball even when you are out of position just doesn't win matches.

It is a good thing that Karolina can hit the ball hard. Sometimes that can be very useful. But she needs to hit with a variety of paces and angles and to maneuver her opponent around until she has a clear opening. Then and only then can she rip it. Ofcourse that would take some patience and thinking and discipline and it looks for all the world like she really can't be bothered with any of those things.

She is not moving well either. Someone like Venus Williams who plays a somewhat similar game can get away with it because Venus is much much faster than Karolina is at the moment. Venus is also able to string 5 or 6 shots together in a rally quite often. Sprem seems a nice girl and she is certainly attractive and she obviously has proven she has some ability but I have to say that what I saw there was as ugly as tennis can get.

tennismaster8820
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Awful result for Sprem! :sad:
There is something wrong with her training methods methinks! She's obviously playing agressive tennis, going for winners all the time, hitting as hard as she can. That should be enough to beat players like Knapp even without plan B. :shrug:
She should realy work on her consistency so that the ratio of winners to UEs improves, also if she's trying to hit winners all the time, she needs one shot she can always rely on!
I could write hundreds of pages about what she should do, I see so much promise in her game and so far it's for nothing!
She always loses to players she should beat so I think it's better for Sprem when she has tougher draw! :p

crazillo
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Awful result for Sprem! :sad:
There is something wrong with her training methods methinks! She's obviously playing agressive tennis, going for winners all the time, hitting as hard as she can. That should be enough to beat players like Knapp even without plan B. :shrug:
She should realy work on her consistency so that the ratio of winners to UEs improves, also if she's trying to hit winners all the time, she needs one shot she can always rely on!
I could write hundreds of pages about what she should do, I see so much promise in her game and so far it's for nothing!
She always loses to players she should beat so I think it's better for Sprem when she has tougher draw! :p

I completely agree. It's sad to see someone as her slumping that much.
The first few games were good though. :lol:

Tenis Srbija
Apr 25th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Karolina :spit:

I bet she was 6-4 2-0 up :rolleyes:

Harju.
Apr 25th, 2007, 04:05 PM
K-Lina :bigcry:
I know she's a brainless ball basher and that's why I :hearts: her for it.

FORZA SARITA
Apr 25th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Karolina :spit:

I bet she was 6-4 2-0 up :rolleyes:

nope :p
she was up only in first set

Ceze
Apr 25th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Karolina :(

Lulu.
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Kiki :help:

Uranus
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Disgraceful, like most Karolina's matches. :help: :sobbing: When will this end?

égalité
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:43 PM
:haha:

TennisGuy21
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:02 PM
its just SOO disappointing to see a player like sprem lose these matches.. Sprem with the right mental attitude and confidence is a top 10 player sometimes. Granted that sometimes is limited to maybe 1 time a year, but she is definatly a threat whenever she plays.. I just wish she would stop playing so bad and pull it together!

-sugi-
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Karin :woohoo:

MikeJones
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Karolina :mad:

Those baby steps arent working anymore!!! :(

Vinicius_Uraitan
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Congrats Karin.

Karolina :mad: :sad: :bigcry: :sad:

Escape
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Karolina :mad: :sad: :help:

Monica_Rules
Apr 25th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Karolina:sad:

Derek.
Apr 25th, 2007, 10:05 PM
:o

*JR*
Apr 25th, 2007, 10:09 PM
its just SOO disappointing to see a player like sprem lose these matches.. Sprem with the right mental attitude and confidence is a top 10 player sometimes. Granted that sometimes is limited to maybe 1 time a year, but she is definatly a threat whenever she plays.. I just wish she would stop playing so bad and pull it together!
Kiki's main problem is the Ustashe Bikic Bastards. :help:

tennismaster8820
Apr 25th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Kiki's main problem is the Ustashe Bikic Bastards. :help:

Why do you call them Ustashe all the time? Do you even know what that means? :rolleyes:
So annoying!

*JR*
Apr 25th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Why do you call them Ustashe all the time? Do you even know what that means? :rolleyes:
So annoying!
Yep. Croatia's Nazi puppet regime during WW II. These 2 fit the Personality Profile.

tennismaster8820
Apr 25th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Yep. Croatia's Nazi puppet regime during WW II. These 2 fit the Personality Profile.

How exactly do they fit? :weirdo:
You can call them whatever you want but this has nothing to do with them!

tobi
Apr 25th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Congrats Karin :)

*JR*
Apr 25th, 2007, 10:49 PM
How exactly do they fit? :weirdo:
Uh, does acting like dictators (with Dokic too, of course) qualify?

Mightymirza
Apr 25th, 2007, 10:53 PM
karo :silly:

tennismaster8820
Apr 25th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Uh, does acting like dictators (with Dokic too, of course) qualify?

They aren't dictators, nobody forced Jelena and Karolina to be with them, it's their decision! Even if they are so bad for Jelena's career they don't have anything in common with ustaše! And I don't get your comparison at all, just out of place!

*JR*
Apr 25th, 2007, 11:38 PM
They aren't dictators, nobody forced Jelena and Karolina to be with them, it's their decision! Even if they are so bad for Jelena's career they don't have anything in common with ustaše! And I don't get your comparison at all, just out of place!
Like Petr the Terrible (Krajicek) and the guy who screwed (up) Meghann plus messed up ALG's career (Rafael fuck de Mora) the Bikic Bastards provide an occasional diversion from Rainer Hofmann and his Peppermint Puppet.

Corswandt
Apr 25th, 2007, 11:48 PM
This match was almost as poorly played as the matches I watched on the previous days, but what a difference from those moonballing contests.

Knapp is a broad shouldered, big boned (but by no means unfit) young woman who doesn't have a very big game but is far from passive either.

She doesn't rip the cover off the ball like Sprem, but hits with good pace, usually very deep, to the corners and close to the lines. She used her 1st serve well to open up the court, but her 2nd was blasted away for winners by Sprem time and again.

She handled Sprem's ball bashing quite well considering that she probably doesn't face this kind of firepower often on the challenger circuit; she anticipated well and, even though she isn't lightning fast, scooped up and returned several big shots from Sprem even when they were so deep and fast that gave her little to no time to react.

Not much point in describing Sprem's game in detail since everyone knows what it is - impressive firepower, wild errors galore. Often she found herself well inside the court in a position to finish off the point, but she's hopeless at the net and kept trying to hit drive volleys that went out by kms. Sprem was either going for too much on her 1st serve or it's just gone - 1st serve % was extremely low. Apart from an easy hold at 4-3* on the final set, she always struggled to hold serve. She did notice that Knapp always attacked her 2nd serve the same way - deep crosscourt to the opposite corner - and began anticipating it, but apart from that she left her brain in the player's lounge. I lost count of how many ROS Sprem missed, presumably while trying to be aggressive. Defense was OK - Sprem is fit, lean and a decent mover, but tends to go for too much when on the move and/or out of position, and that adds to her big UE count.

Even on the first set, Sprem didn't outplay Knapp by that big a margin. The final game was interesting. Sprem serving for the set, goes down 0-30 with a DF, then up 40-30, but DFs on her first SP. Knapp then makes two consecutive sloppy ROS errors to give Sprem yet another SP, which she wasted by netting an easy BH. The point that gave Sprem her final SP was a relatively lengthy rally where Sprem waited and defended herself well before turning the point around and going for broke. So Sprem held and took the set, even though she hit 3 DFs in a single game. On the last two sets, Sprem didn't hit as many DFs, but her 1st serve % remained very low, and getting broken 3 out of 4 times is fatal, even for someone with such an aggressive ROS who can break her opponents with some ease.

tennismaster8820
Apr 26th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the report!

meggz_star
Apr 26th, 2007, 01:15 AM
K-Lina :hug:

PAVANILAI
Apr 26th, 2007, 01:41 AM
sprem,no:crying2:

Frode
Apr 26th, 2007, 02:05 AM
Besides, I bet 5 euros on her :o

You Madman!:lol:

Derek.
Apr 26th, 2007, 02:06 AM
Thanks for the report.

I don't get how K-Lina's supporters can honestly tell it to her face that she can climb back up the rankings playing the way she does.

I mean, come on now. :o

Sharapova's_Boy
Apr 26th, 2007, 02:46 AM
K-Lina :sad: :sad: :sad:

.Andrew.
Apr 26th, 2007, 02:49 AM
K-Lina :sad:

Well done, Karin! :)

Corswandt
Apr 26th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the report.

I don't get how K-Lina's supporters can honestly tell it to her face that she can climb back up the rankings playing the way she does.

I mean, come on now. :o

Playing without a first serve as she is now, she's going nowhere.

Frode
Apr 26th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Playing without a first serve as she is now, she's going nowhere.

Indeed.
She didn't play to badly in the first, but the second set has to be one of the worst I have seen this year.