PDA

View Full Version : A certain rapper cops out re. crime

*JR*
Apr 25th, 2007, 02:15 PM
ANDERSON COOPER 360

Aired April 24, 2007 - 22:00 ET

ANDERSON COOPER, CNN ANCHOR: Good evening, everyone.
A deadly shooting, a millionaire rapper involved -- police say at least 25 people saw it. But no witnesses talked. In major cities all across the country, people are dying, and no one is talking.

Why? Two words: stop snitching, a criminal code of silence now being preached to kids in hip-hop lyrics, rappers like Cam'ron who say you should never talk to cops about crimes.

COOPER: If there's a serial killer living next door to you, though, and you know that person is, you know, killing people, would you be a snitch if you called police and told them?

CAMERON GILES, RAPPER: If I knew the serial killer was living next door to me?

COOPER: Yes.

GILES: No, I wouldn't call and tell anybody on him, but I would probably move. But I'm not going to call and be like, you know, the serial killer is in 4-E.

(Comment: right Cam. You show "da man". After all, your family weren't the victims). :help:

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 25th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Psst...that shit was just for TV...I snitch like a mofo...I'd snitch on my momma if I had to...:secret: :bolt:

Infiniti2001
Apr 25th, 2007, 02:48 PM
I saw the 6o minutes version and my jaw dropped :o How could people be so cold?

Knizzle
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:04 PM
If it was a white man serial killing, I doubt Cam would have a problem. It ain't like he'd be snitching on one of the niggas in the hood which could comeback on him and get him killed.

harloo
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:07 PM
ANDERSON COOPER 360

A deadly shooting, a millionaire rapper involved -- police say at least 25 people saw it. But no witnesses talked. In major cities all across the country, people are dying, and no one is talking.

Why? Two words: stop snitching, a criminal code of silence now being preached to kids in hip-hop lyrics, rappers like Cam'ron who say you should never talk to cops about crimes.

COOPER: If there's a serial killer living next door to you, though, and you know that person is, you know, killing people, would you be a snitch if you called police and told them?

GILES: No, I wouldn't call and tell anybody on him, but I would probably move. But I'm not going to call and be like, you know, the serial killer is in 4-E.

(Comment: right Cam. You show "da man". After all, your family weren't the victims). :help:

I can't quite understand why Cam wouldn't snitch on a serial killer considering he has the means to relocate, however it's different when talking about the average man or woman living in the hood. If they snitch it's lights out for their entire family once people find out, so I can understand why noone talks. If they aren't going to be provided with means to relocate by the authorities seeking information, then why would they endanger their own lives?:)

kiwifan
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:32 PM
You'll find in the real world the louder someone proclaims he won't snitch the more likely he already is a snitch.

Everyone this is just an ignorant macho stance that has no real meaning.

Dating back to the time when bad neighborhoods were filled with Irish and Italians and Jews there was never a time when snitching in a poor neighborhood was heroic or popular. :yawn: This is not a Hip Hop thing, this is a poor and "catering to the poor tough guy image" thing

Cops know what's going on and they have plenty of people who tell them what's going on...

...what they actually do about it is a whole different thing ;)

wipeout
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Has this guy never seen the movies and heard of "anonymous tip-off" or did he think this was actually a character's name? :tape:

"Damn! That tip-off dude sure gets around, solving crimes and shit." :eek:

Helen Lawson
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:59 PM
I'd sell my whole family down the river for a night with Anderson Cooper.

le bon vivant
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:13 PM
I dont trust the police to protect me or my family. Sorry, I'm black. :shrug:

And If I thought by telling the police anything that I would bring the wrath back onto myself or my own family, I wouldn't say anything either and just mind my own business.

Infiniti2001
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:25 PM

And If I thought by telling the police anything that I would bring the wrath back onto myself or my own family, I wouldn't say anything either and just mind my own business.

Wouldn't you like someone to come foward if a member of your family was innocently gunned down? :shrug:

ampers&
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:51 PM

:yeah:

Keep your mouth shut and protect your own. That's what you have to do to survive. Tough shit, but that's the way it goes. I've seen what happened to people who snitched. Why should I put myself and my family through something like that?

And like you said, the police definitely can't be trusted. If they did their job correctly, the no snitching policy wouldn't be so huge. They do nothing to protect the poorer neighborhoods. Most of the time, they're completely ignored while they have police protection in all the "touristy" parts of town, yet they expect people to go out of their way to aid them (which only puts their own family in even MORE danger). It's just not going to happen. But good job on the media for trying to place blame on rap instead of focusing on the poor infrastructure of law enforcement agencies.

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Y'all gon stop talking about me like I aint here...Hell no I dont snitch...who want it from Killah Kam?

Pssst...Knizzle sells weed out of his car...Y'all aint heard it from me...:bolt:

RVD
Apr 26th, 2007, 12:01 AM
ANDERSON COOPER 360

(Comment: right Cam. You show "da man". After all, your family weren't the victims). :help:Police do it.

Politicians do it.

CEOs do it.

....and now Rappers are following The Code. :shrug:

Is it because [Gangsta]Rappers are such easy targets that they are being vilified far more than the other above groups?

I WISH someone with guts would explain this to me.

kiwifan
Apr 26th, 2007, 12:30 AM
Police do it. :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Politicians do it. :devil:

CEOs do it. :lol: :worship: :worship: :worship: :tape:

....and now Rappers are following The Code. :shrug:

Is it because [Gangsta]Rappers are such easy targets that they are being vilified far more than the other above groups?

I WISH someone with guts would explain this to me.

Darn it, I wish I posted this. :fiery:

RVD
Apr 26th, 2007, 12:33 AM
Darn it, I wish I posted this. :fiery:Hey!! You nearly ALWAYS beat me to the punch. :lol:
It's my turn now. :bigwave:

Apoleb
Apr 26th, 2007, 12:52 AM
I can't wait when people start blaming rap music for global warming.