PDA

View Full Version : What Are The Chances That Kim And/Or Juju Will Decide To Play July Fed Cup v China ??

pierce0415
Apr 25th, 2007, 12:07 PM
the World Group I Playoff Tie will be held in Belgium :rolleyes: ... so this raises the possbility that Kim and/or Juju will actually play since they don't have to fly halfway across the world to do it

I reckon that Kim will certainly not play ... she will have just played Eastbourne and her last Grand Slam, Wimbledon and will be dying to get back to Belgium to get her wedding plans finalized.

I am really :unsure: and :scared: that Juju will decide to play though ... she needs to play Fed Cup (or make herself available) once in 2007 or 2008 in order to compete at the Beijing Olympics and Sabine Applemans may convince her that she should just do it now and in the process, try to keep Belgium in the World Group. On the other hand, she will have just played Eastbourne and Wimbledon and her body is so frail now that I am not sure if she would put herself through 4 straight weeks of tennis

even if Juju plays, I feel China has a chance to win the tie if they send the team of Li, Peng, Zheng and Yan. Henin will be the favorite in singles against Li & Peng but Li and Peng do have chance against her and will be the heavy fave against Flipkens. If it comes down to the doubles, Zheng/Yan will prevail

jujufreak
Apr 25th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Kim: 0%

Ju: 10%

stupid to put the fed cup the week after a grand slam event :rolleyes:

I wonder what surface Belgium will choose... if Justine doesn't play, it might be clay...

Harvs
Apr 25th, 2007, 12:16 PM
I think Justine will play...

MAXSquared
Apr 25th, 2007, 12:54 PM
even if Juju plays, I feel China has a chance to win the tie if they send the team of Li, Peng, Zheng and Yan. Henin will be the favorite in singles against Li & Peng but Li and Peng do have chance against her and will be the heavy fave against Flipkens. If it comes down to the doubles, Zheng/Yan will prevail

You never know, remember last year Li lost to some Canadian player ranked 300 something in Rogers...

purplerain
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:37 PM
I am curious too. I don't know if I want justine to play or not.... I think China still has the edge even justine plays, but you never know.

Happy Guy
Apr 25th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Why do China and Belgium have to play against each other? I think they have to play winners in the World Group 2 instead of squaring off each other.

kaetchen
Apr 25th, 2007, 04:10 PM
I doubt any of them will play :wavey:

MisterMan
Apr 25th, 2007, 04:12 PM
How come people don't realize yet that Kim has loathed the sport of tennis for the past year ? Why would she play fed cup ? She just doesn't care anymore.

Emina.
Apr 25th, 2007, 04:14 PM
oops i wanted to vote Juju but i voted Kim :o :p

Modiac.
Apr 25th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Perhaps neither of them will play.
What's more,I heard that Maes will be attending Kim's wedding so that she can't play this tie,too.
So mostly likely Flipkens and Wickmayer will play singles in July.

Allez-H
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Justine's spokesman said that the door to Fedcup isn't closed. And Sabine already made it clear that she'll talk to Justine while RG. And yes, she said she will play the Beijing-card.

And since Justine isn't qualified for the Olympics yet and she's dying to defend her gold medal, I actually think she'll play the tie. That is, if she's healthy of course.

jujufreak
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Justine's spokesman said that the door to Fedcup isn't closed. And Sabine already made it clear that she'll talk to Justine while RG. And yes, she said she will play the Beijing-card.

And since Justine isn't qualified for the Olympics yet and she's dying to defend her gold medal, I actually think she'll play the tie. That is, if she's healthy of course.

she still has a chance next year... and I think she'd like to spend some time with the kids of her foundation, Justine's winners' circle, who are in Switzerland that week.

pierce0415
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:27 PM
:unsure:
I hope Juju decides to play the first tie of 2008 to qualify for Beijing instead :lol:

it is better schedule wise (she can skip Charleston while she will never skip Wimbledon)

Yasmine
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:32 PM
No way will Kim play, Justine looks like she might :yeah:.

pigmalion
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Justine will play ;)
Not the easiest draw btw :scared:

Tennisation
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Kim: "I'd have to check with my fiance"

pierce0415
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Justine will play ;)
Not the easiest draw btw :scared:

are you sure Justine will play or is that just your opinion?
I can understand why she would play (Olympics) but she never plays for 4 weeks in a row (something she will have to do unless she skips Eastbourne this year)

even if she plays, I think China should win ... if it comes to the doubles, Yan/Zheng will defeat Juju and someone

pigmalion
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:43 PM
are you sure Justine will play or is that just your opinion?

my opinion :lol:
I'm sure she doesn't want to see Belgium in the World group II :sad:

Uranus
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:47 PM
None of them will play I guess - and you'll be happy :lol:

Even with Juju I don't think Belgium will win (unless the Chinese want to qualify another top 300 player for the Olympics :lol: ), because Juju would win both her singles matches for sure, while Flipkens would lose the other two and one of China's top doubles teams would win the last match.

:lol: IMO she just wants to play the Olympics just like all the other top players :devil:

pierce0415
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:47 PM

sure she does not want to see Belgium in WGII but with Kim retiring, the only way that Belgium dosen't end up in WGII is if Juju plays Fed Cup every single year and they somehow win one other point (besides Juju's singles) in every tie ... it is a tall task to ask

in addition, her body is so frail these days so :p

purplerain
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Why do China and Belgium have to play against each other? I think they have to play winners in the World Group 2 instead of squaring off each other.

no. The draw is made according to teams ranks in Fedcup, not by which group you are in now. There are 4 seeded teams and 4 unseeded teams, seeded team won't play each other. Last year's runner up Beglium is a seeded team and it will play with China, an unseeded team.

ce
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Please justine play,so this could be interesting

RenaSlam.
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Neither. Clijsters doesn't even care enough about her own farewell tour enough to give her time to a 'Belgian team'.