PDA

View Full Version : Fed cup Draw for July!

itzhak
Apr 25th, 2007, 11:19 AM
1st names are Home side...

AUSTRIA (s) v Israel (*)

BELGIUM (s) v China, P.R. (*)

JAPAN (s) v Germany

SPAIN (s) v Czech Republic (*)

AUSTRALIA (s) v Ukraine (*)

Argentina v CANADA (s)

CROATIA (s) v Chinese Taipei (*)

SLOVAK REPUBLIC (s) v Serbia (*)

ViennaCalling
Apr 25th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Though opponent for Austria :o

But better than Czech Republic! Go Austria :D

tks
Apr 25th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Not the best draw for Israel.

but we should win this.

Kadima Israel! :)

Lunaris
Apr 25th, 2007, 11:25 AM
:lol: Poor Slovakia, again they have drawn the worst possible opponent.
Spaniards shouldn't be a match for our girls.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Apr 25th, 2007, 11:26 AM
So will Australia get a Home tie???

crazillo
Apr 25th, 2007, 11:26 AM
AUSTRIA (s) v Israel (*) -> tough one, Austria the fave IMO

BELGIUM (s) v China, P.R. (*) -> depends on the Belgian team...

JAPAN (s) v Germany -> good chance for Germany! :)

SPAIN (s) v Czech Republic (*) -> close one...

AUSTRALIA (s) v Ukraine (*) -> clearly Australia

Argentina v CANADA (s) -> close one, rather Canada

CROATIA (s) v Chinese Taipei (*) -> Croatia!

SLOVAK REPUBLIC (s) v Serbia (*) -> also close one, but advantages for Serbia

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 25th, 2007, 11:29 AM
ouch for Slovakia again

Or Levy
Apr 25th, 2007, 11:33 AM
OMG, I can't believe we got Austria! This is going to be tough. I wanted Belgium!

Oh well, at least it's at home.

Edit: Oh bummer, it's not at home, it's in Austria.

AHHHHHHHHH.

Ana&Jelena Fan
Apr 25th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Austria
China
I don`t know, noone deserve to be in top8
Czech

Australia
Argentina
Croatia

Without Ana, Serbia has no chances. With Ana Serbia will be tough draw for everyone...

itzhak
Apr 25th, 2007, 11:39 AM
AUSTRIA (s) v Israel= very tough competition, Shahar will have to work very very hard

BELGIUM (s) v China, P.R. (*)= I don't see Justine playing, so it must to be China as clear favourite

JAPAN (s) v Germany= It could be close but Japan have home advantage so Japan will take it

SPAIN (s) v Czech Republic (*)= Chezch is favourite. They won in Slovakia so they can win in Spain but it will be not so easy.

AUSTRALIA (s) v Ukraine (*)= If Australia will not win this, they are in deep trouble...

Argentina v CANADA (s)= Canada is better than most of us think. the question is what kind of Gisela we will see...

CROATIA (s) v Chinese Taipei (*)= same as Australia...

SLOVAK REPUBLIC (s) v Serbia (*)= Serbia with Ana and Jelena are favourites. However I don't see Daniela losing 4 home matches in a row...

itzhak
Apr 25th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Shahar already commented: "I'm furious and angry. I wanted to play home no matter against who"

Tzipi said: " I have tears in my eyes. we NEVER played at home and we hoped so much that this time it will different but again, we just doesn't have lucky with this..."

Lunaris
Apr 25th, 2007, 11:50 AM
SPAIN (s) v Czech Republic (*) -> close one...
Which spanish players can beat Nicole and Lucie?

SLOVAK REPUBLIC (s) v Serbia (*) -> also close one, but advantages for Serbia
If Daniela's playing advantages for Slovakia. Honestly I don't see both Jelena and Ana in one team. Of course never say never.

crazillo
Apr 25th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Which spanish players can beat Nicole and Lucie?

If Daniela's playing advantages for Slovakia. Honestly I don't see both Jelena and Ana in one team. Of course never say never.

Oh on clay they have chances IMO... And they are at home...

I think this match would come down to the doubles and I see Serbia as the favourite there. Still it will be very tough.

HenryMag.
Apr 25th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Canada vs. Argentina again....Revenge??

Spain needs a miracle.

Ben.
Apr 25th, 2007, 11:58 AM
So will Australia get a Home tie???

yes they will. which means we have the edge :)

adrovi
Apr 25th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Very dificult for Spain :sad: :sad:

Modiac.
Apr 25th, 2007, 12:04 PM
China vs Belgium(without Justine and Kim :confused:)
If so,the result is more clear. :)

Canada vs Argentina
Canada still has chance since Gisela plays not so stable recently.

Lunaris
Apr 25th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Oh on clay they have chances IMO... And they are at home...

I think this match would come down to the doubles and I see Serbia as the favourite there. Still it will be very tough.
I can't agree. Hantuchova/Husarova are way better doubles players than anyone Serbia has.
Czechs don't mind surface. Lucie's best surface is clay as she stated. Spaniards have one player in top 100. Plus Lucie and Nicole won in Slovakia against very well playing opponents, so why not in Spain.

Let's wait and see.

Meteor Shower
Apr 25th, 2007, 12:15 PM
:rolleyes: !!!
the one things I didn't want..

Leopold Stotch
Apr 25th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Canada is seeded but Serbia isn't. With that in mind one kind of had a feeling that the two strongest nations would be drawn together. A great stroke of "luck" for Australia and Canada.

Harvs
Apr 25th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Winner will be:

Austria

China

Japan

Czech Republic

Australia

Argentina

Chine Taipei

Serbia

DREAM DRAW FOR THE AUSSIES WOOOOO!

Harvs
Apr 25th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Japan/Germany is a very weak tie...

SUPER
Apr 25th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Spain out of world group:help: :sad:

spiceboy
Apr 25th, 2007, 12:24 PM
ICzechs don't mind surface. Lucie's best surface is clay as she stated. Spaniards have one player in top 100.

Spain has Anabel (29) and Lourdes (66) and both excel on clay...

Anabel only lost against Safarova in Hopman Cup last January 64 in the third on hard and she usually plays good in Fed Cup. Before the injury she was doing great in Russia this past weekend. And last year she defeated in form Schiavone on clay 62 62 in Fed Cup semis.

Lourdes can moonball Lucie to death :devil: although Nicole points should be a lock for CZE. But hey, which Nic we'll see?The one from Charleston?

Doubles with Vivi and Anabel should be won by Spain.

Definetely not such an easy win for the Czechs I think ;)

Lunaris
Apr 25th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Spain has Anabel (29) and Lourdes (66) and both excel on clay...

Anabel only lost against Safarova in Hopman Cup last January 64 in the third on hard and she usually plays good in Fed Cup. Before the injury she was doing great in Russia this past weekend. And last year she defeated in form Schiavone on clay 62 62 in Fed Cup semis.

Lourdes can moonball Lucie to death :devil: although Nicole points should be a lock for CZE. But hey, which Nic we'll see?The one from Charleston?

Doubles with Vivi and Anabel should be won by Spain.

Definetely not such an easy win for the Czechs I think ;)
I forgot Lino. :o
Lucie has improved very much since then, plus is healthy (knocking on wood). She plays like a top 15 player now. Maybe I am overconfident, but if our girls can show the form from Slovakia they will win easily. Regardless of surface, hostile crowd or moonballs. But as I said let's wait and see.

aussie12
Apr 25th, 2007, 01:06 PM
wonder where australia will play. please be gold coast. wishful thinking i know but why not dream. im just glad we arent playing serbia

no.ordinary.love
Apr 25th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Ana Ivanovic has announced today in a short interview for the serbian daily newspaper "Blic" that she intends to play Fed. cup in july. She expects only in time-coordination and information regarding the match by the Tennis Association of Serbia.
The chances are very good for her appearance because the new Fed. cup-captain is the trainer of A.I. from her junior days by the tennis club "Partizan" Belgrade, who she has allegedly a very good relationship to.
So definitelly no good news for Slovakia today...

pierce0415
Apr 25th, 2007, 01:18 PM
China @ Belgium - good tie for China as long as Juju don't play

Spain :help:

Isreal v Austria - too bad for the Isrealis ... first their home tie against Indonesia is canceled ... then the Anda Open is canceled 2 years in a row ... then they are forced to play away ties against Canada and Austria. I mean, I don't like Peer and don't care for the other players but they deserve to play in front of their home fans, especially the older players like Smashnova and Obilizer, who may retire soon

Japan should win against Germany

itzhak
Apr 25th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Daniela will have another hard competition in the fashion section.

She and the other slovak girls (slovak legs) won against Nicole and the other chezch girls but it wasn't easy

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/7813/63404403lu9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8972/89764928rl2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/581/58914326ft5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

but now come the big guns: Ana and Jelena...it will be tough competition...

aussy89
Apr 25th, 2007, 01:25 PM
yays for australia would be nice they play in perth on the grass courts, depends were they play an get time of work i might go watch sammy play =)

aussie12
Apr 25th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Ana Ivanovic has announced today in a short interview for the serbian daily newspaper "Blic" that she intends to play Fed. cup in july. She expects only in time-coordination and information regarding the match by the Tennis Association of Serbia.
The chances are very good for her appearance because the new Fed. cup-captain is the trainer of A.I. from her junior days by the tennis club "Partizan" Belgrade, who she has allegedly a very good relationship to.
So definitelly no good news for Slovakia today...

i will believe it when i read it on her site. there always seems to be alot of made up stuff in serbian newspapers, especially in this blic, which appears to be just a tabloid

pierce0415
Apr 25th, 2007, 01:29 PM
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_3720_gallery.JPGhttp://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_3719_gallery.JPG

RND
Apr 25th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Not the best draw for Chinese Taipei (Taiwan),but not bad either.Who else is good in Croatia? :scratch: The only two I can think of now are Kostanic-Tosic and Ancic. :p

AUSTRIA (s) v Israel (*) 50-50 really.If she keeps improving like this,I don't know how dangerous Tamira can be by that time.
BELGIUM (s) v China, P.R. (*) The two Aces both participate = the death sentence for China.

JAPAN (s) v Germany Go Japan.Though Germany has higher ranked players,they could be inconsistent at times.

SPAIN (s) v Czech Republic (*) Sorry but bye bye Spain.Not sure if Penneta ( :smash: ) can get back her glory on clay.

AUSTRALIA (s) v Ukraine (*) 90% chance for Australia who is not bad both in singles and doubles.

Argentina v CANADA (s) Not very familiar with these two,but I think Argentina should get the upper hand.

CROATIA (s) v Chinese Taipei (*) Just do your best,Taiwan. :)

SLOVAK REPUBLIC (s) v Serbia (*) :lol: Poor Slovak,first Czech,and now Serbia...

Neptune
Apr 25th, 2007, 02:41 PM
SPAIN (s) v Czech Republic (*) Sorry but bye bye Spain.Not sure if Penneta can get back her glory on clay.

I'm sure she won't because she's italian.;)

shirgan
Apr 25th, 2007, 02:42 PM

SPAIN (s) v Czech Republic (*) Sorry but bye bye Spain.Not sure if Penneta can get back her glory on clay.

Are you talking about Flavia Pennetta?
Because she's Italian not Spanish..

Elldee
Apr 25th, 2007, 02:43 PM
It's a shame that Austria got Israel and vice versa. Should be a good tie though.

RND
Apr 25th, 2007, 02:52 PM
:speakles: :haha: @ myself.You know...yeah,hehe...that was a joke. :p
Really sorry,I don't know why but always make mistakes between the nationalities of players from south europe. :help:

Humilein
Apr 25th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Quite a good draw for Austria I guess :) and for Germany it could have been worse, Japan is probably not the easiest oponent, but it's ok - I'm gonna be optimistic this time ;)

Mateo Mathieu
Apr 25th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Phew for Australia isn't playing Serbia :D

The Kaz
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:03 PM
yays for australia would be nice they play in perth on the grass courts, depends were they play an get time of work i might go watch sammy play =)

i agree to this in part, it should be played in perth but at the burswood dome, i think we have a good chance to win if the tie is played is played indoors (also coz its our winter :p)

Otherwise bring it to Canberra! So i can watch them battle...I love both the Aussies (Sammy, Alicia, Nicole :cool: ) and the Ukrainians (Julia, Alona, Vika, Yulia, Yuliana :hearts:)

Just Do It
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:09 PM

Ana MUST play !

rockstar
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:21 PM
slovakia :tape:

Alicia Rocks
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:21 PM
i agree to this in part, it should be played in perth but at the burswood dome, i think we have a good chance to win if the tie is played is played indoors (also coz its our winter :p)

Otherwise bring it to Canberra! So i can watch them battle...I love both the Aussies (Sammy, Alicia, Nicole :cool: ) and the Ukrainians (Julia, Alona, Vika, Yulia, Yuliana :hearts:)

Do you want the players to freeze? :p

sapir1434
Apr 25th, 2007, 04:10 PM
This draw sucks :help:

ViennaCalling
Apr 25th, 2007, 04:10 PM
It's a shame that Austria got Israel and vice versa. Should be a good tie though.

Why? :confused:

shirgan
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:00 PM
:speakles: :haha: @ myself.You know...yeah,hehe...that was a joke. :p
Really sorry,I don't know why but always make mistakes between the nationalities of players from south europe. :help:
it's o.k. :)
don't worry about it ;)

oooo86
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:05 PM
what a hard draw for israel.... austria in their home!!!!!!!
whet a bad luck.... i really really hoped to see this game but now!!!!

tennismaster8820
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Great draw for Croatia! :)
If they lose this... :help:

Uranus
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Though opponent for Austria :o
I thought Israel was the easiest opponent possible out of China, Czech Rep, maybe Germany (provided that ALG somehow finds some game back). :confused:

Bad luck for Spain, I thought they deserved to be in World Group.

Belgium is to fall in the European zone groups, without Kim and Justine - who only needs to play once to qualify for the Olympics. :sad:

ce
Apr 25th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Serbia will destroy Slovakia 5 0,o sorry 4 1(our doubles teams are :help:)

ex hopman
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Whew! It's a good draw for Japan. :)

gotthebend
Apr 25th, 2007, 09:06 PM
So no Taiwan vs. Slovakia....I wanna see you play.:sad:
Anyway, good luck Taiwan.:bowdown:

ViennaCalling
Apr 25th, 2007, 09:39 PM
I thought Israel was the easiest opponent possible out of China, Czech Rep, maybe Germany (provided that ALG somehow finds some game back). :confused:

Bad luck for Spain, I thought they deserved to be in World Group.

Belgium is to fall in the European zone groups, without Kim and Justine - who only needs to play once to qualify for the Olympics. :sad:

Yes, i know! But Belgium without Henin/Clijsters or Germany would have been better ;) But i think Tamira and Sybille are able to win this :yeah:

pierce0415
Apr 25th, 2007, 09:47 PM
ViennaCalling

Belgium is a seeded team so Austria could not have drawn them, because Austria was also seeded

the unseeded teams were Isreal, China, Czech Republic and Germany
Germany would have been the easiest draw for Austria and Isreal is probably 2nd easiest

so be happy that Austria avoided China and Czech Republic in this draw

drory
Apr 25th, 2007, 09:54 PM
israel will win in austria im sure, they will play on clay which is the favorit surfes of shahar and tzipi, and if it was in israel thay had to play on hardcourt coz we dont have clay cort fasilitys

goldenlox
Apr 25th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Israel-Austria will be a good tie. The Bammer-Peer match should be awesome.

StZox
Apr 25th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Ana + Jelena will be a hell of a team.
I think Slovakia VS Serbia will be the toughest one

ViennaCalling
Apr 25th, 2007, 11:42 PM
israel will win in austria im sure, they will play on clay which is the favorit surfes of shahar and tzipi, and if it was in israel thay had to play on hardcourt coz we dont have clay cort fasilitys

If Tamira and Sybille are playing like against Stosur and Molik, then i think that Austria will win! :devil: :rocker:

@Piercy: Sorry, my fault :o

aussy89
Apr 26th, 2007, 12:21 AM
yeah bringing to burswood dome would beee sooooo good considering im 2mins up the road,lol, who knows im gona being going anyway, just hate traveling back an forth to eastern states for events.

ZAK
Apr 26th, 2007, 12:38 AM
Terrible for Slovakia :mad: As long as Jankovic and Ivanovic don't both play, though, it should be ok

sunsfuns
Apr 26th, 2007, 12:51 AM

You have a lot of trust in your girls :)

In reality I think it's Austria tie to loose. Shahar might or might not win both singles matches, but there is really no one else capable of beating Sybille or Tamira on clay in Austria. Tamira's ranking not very high yet, but she is only 16 and plays at top 30 level already...

I would say chances are 70-30 in favor of Austrians...

LindsayRulz
Apr 26th, 2007, 01:46 AM
I hope Canada will beat Argentina again! :)

Derek.
Apr 26th, 2007, 02:08 AM
CZE should beat ESP.

Nicole and Lucie are solid on clay.

If Serbia doesn't have Jankovic and Ivanovic, then I can't see them beating Slovakia, because if Daniela and Dominika play, they should win.

Medina
Apr 26th, 2007, 02:18 AM

AUSTRIA (s) v Israel (*)

BELGIUM (s) v China, P.R. (*)

JAPAN (s) v Germany

SPAIN (s) v Czech Republic (*)

AUSTRALIA (s) v Ukraine (*)

Argentina v CANADA (s)

CROATIA (s) v Chinese Taipei (*)

My Picks :D.....

1.Austria VS Israel (this will be a close one, but Austria can pull it off)

2.Belgium VS CHina (again this will be close china will win depending on belgiums team

3.Japan VS Germany (Japan can take this one maybe 3-2 but very close)

4.Spain VS Chzek Republic (Spain will win this, but this will be very very close)

5.Australia VS Ukraine (Australia will win this)

6.Argentina VS Canada (Argentina will win this but it will be close)

7.Croatia VS Chinease Taipei (This will be close but i thikn Croatia has this one)

8.Slovak Republic VS Serbia (Serbia will win this)

Sharapova's_Boy
Apr 26th, 2007, 03:46 AM
Yes. Czechs got Spain. :drool:

Finally they'll be in WG1 where they belong.

dybbuk
Apr 26th, 2007, 03:52 AM
Quite excited for Slovakia v Serbia. If both Jelena and Ana play for Serbia, I think they will win. I do wonder what surface it will be on though. I would expect hardcourts, but that might play into Serbia's hands too much. I don't know :shrug:

jerryxiao1988
Apr 27th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Good wish , Asia teams!

Josh.
Apr 27th, 2007, 09:03 AM
australian home tie!! :bounce:

Mateo Mathieu
Apr 27th, 2007, 09:07 AM

Bring it to Wollongong! :banana:

Привет
Apr 27th, 2007, 09:36 AM
No way! Gold Coast should host the tie! :D
:lol:

I'm surprised no one has said anything about Melbourne. After all the facilities there are obviously the best in Australia.

Bring it to Queensland though! :lol: Gold Coast would be great!!!

Josh.
Apr 27th, 2007, 11:06 AM
No way! Gold Coast should host the tie! :D
:lol:

I'm surprised no one has said anything about Melbourne. After all the facilities there are obviously the best in Australia.

Bring it to Queensland though! :lol: Gold Coast would be great!!!

agreed, because im only half an hour away! :wavey:

Привет
Apr 27th, 2007, 11:12 AM
;10595137']agreed, because im only half an hour away! :wavey:

I'm a little over 2 hours away, but it's 2 hours I would willingly travel! :D

Seriously though, Melbourne will probly get hosting rights, or maybe Sydney. Gold Coast would be fantastic though! I may be a little biased but Queensland would be a great choice, even though we are heading into winter in Australia, Queensland days are still relatively warm, great weather for tennis. :D Maybe Sam will put in a good word for Queensland :lol:

Josh.
Apr 27th, 2007, 12:40 PM
I'm a little over 2 hours away, but it's 2 hours I would willingly travel! :D

Seriously though, Melbourne will probly get hosting rights, or maybe Sydney. Gold Coast would be fantastic though! I may be a little biased but Queensland would be a great choice, even though we are heading into winter in Australia, Queensland days are still relatively warm, great weather for tennis. :D Maybe Sam will put in a good word for Queensland :lol:

amen!

Hashim.
Apr 27th, 2007, 01:00 PM
hope Serbia wins..

goldenlox
Apr 27th, 2007, 01:55 PM
These are big matches, getting into the top group next year.

Xian
Apr 27th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Austria got the easiest draw I think. Peer is good without any doubts but both Bammer and Paszek can beat her. Dont see any of the other israeli players who can beat Sybille and Tamira. Thank god its in Austria. Still too insecure situation in Israel and I doubt the team would have flown there

goldenlox
Apr 27th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Peer is probably the favorite in both her matches. The match with Bammer will be key.
If it goes down to doubles, Israel has a real chance.
But for Israel's future, to be a Fed Cup power, they need Linetskaya to find her old form.
2 years ago she was as good as Chakvetadze.

aussy89
Apr 28th, 2007, 07:20 AM
anyone got a place for me to bunk in were ever its being playd ahaha, hopefully flights are cheap an i get time of work