PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather win French Open but not Wimbledon & vice versa?

fufuqifuqishahah
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:09 AM
as a homage to flyguydsl's "who would you rather see win the French Open" thread, i decided to make this thread!

Venus has never won the french open, but has been to one final.
Justine has won the french open three times!

Justine has never won the wimbledon title, but has been to two finals.
Venus has won the wimbledon title three times!

See the parallelism?

If Justine were to win the French & Venus were to win Wimbledon this year, they will both further solidify their seeming expertise on their respective title surfaces. Justine will also be leading Venus in gs titles for a few weeks.

If it were to flip flop, Justine would have a career grand slam & Venus would be seen as more diversified, someone who can play also on slow courts. Venus would be leading Justine in # of gs titles for a few weeks.

So who would you like to see win what?

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:21 AM
If I am completely honest none of my favorites has a realistic chance to win any of the Grand Slams at this time. Give them a couple of years and who knows. So of those that could win I'm not that bothered really. Of those in the top 10 Kuznetsova or Jankovic would probably be the players I'd be happiest to win a slam. If Venus were to win RG I'd be quite pleased with that too.

Most of my interest in the slams will be up the the quarterfinal stage, or with a bit luck the semis. There are some players that I like that I believe could perform very well over the next three slams but winning them? Not likely.

Direwolf
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Justine has been to the WIMBLEDON finals
for 2 times already...

Remember, she was bagelled there in 01 by none other than the great
Venus Williams...

Harvs
Apr 25th, 2007, 08:59 AM
I would hate to see nothing more than Justine win bloody Wimbledon. That would CRUSH me