PDA

View Full Version : Garbin Blogs From Budapest:

-sugi-
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:41 PM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/1/newsroom/stories/?ContentID=1279
Its quite nice ;)

Monday, April 23, 2007

Hello everyone!

I'm really looking forward to writing the blog this week. I'm hoping everyone will know me a little better by the end of it and I hope my fans will enjoy it. I had a blog once, for a few months; it was on a website and newspaper in Italy. A lot of people would write to me and ask my questions about it, which was really cute. I've never kept a journal for myself but for the fans out there I'm happy to do it!

I'm coming off a wonderful weekend of Fed Cup. We played our first round with China back home in Italy and won it, 5-0. They were really tough but I won both of my singles matches, which was great. There were lots of emotions because there were lots of people there, like my friends and family, and I really wanted to do well. Also, because it was played in front of our home crowd, it was very special; even last year, when we won the Fed Cup, we played the final in Belgium so it wasn't as emotional... although of course we partied afterwards! But this weekend we were prepared for a tough battle, especially with Peng playing, and we gave everything. We couldn't stop screaming and spraying each other with water afterwards; we were screaming for like five hours. But we didn't get a chance to celebrate last night, because I had to come here, and the rest of them had to go home... and we were all so tired too.

It's funny I'm having my best year now, when I'm almost 30! I don't know how this is happening. I have a talisman on my neck and whenever I have a problem I rub it... but really, I think all the work I've been doing is finally paying off. In winter I worked hard on my game and with my experience it's coming together now. Last fall in Portoroz I was beginning to wonder how much longer I'd be playing but now I'm playing my best and I am not wondering about that anymore.

One thing I've also accomplished is I'm now the No.1-ranked player in Italy. It's great, but I really want people to know that I'm not aiming to be the No.1 Italian. I try to do the best I can. I don't want to fight with the other Italians, who are my friends; we are all friends. I want us all to do well. So it doesn't make me happier to know I'm higher than them, I'm just trying to get my own best ranking.

Budapest is a special place for me; this is the only tournament I've won before. I also love playing in Italy, like in Rome and Palermo, so those are also some of my preferred ones. But this week is also going to be special because I'm the top seed, so I'm the one everyone is gunning for. It's a little more extra pressure but I'm just going to try my best in every match and see how it goes!

I play Nuria Llagostera Vives in my first round match Tuesday. She's a very good player; she was ranked pretty high a few years back and then had an injury for about a year now, but she's coming back. I will have to fight a lot. She is also just coming from Fed Cup so we'll be in the same situation. We'll see how it goes!

I had a long weekend so I'll probably take it easy tonight and practice tomorrow before the match a little bit. I'll talk to you guys afterwards!

Ciao!

Tathiana

stefi62
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Tathy :kiss:

FORZA SARITA
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:46 PM
i hope this blog will be ended sunday and not today :lol:

CooCooCachoo
Apr 24th, 2007, 06:33 PM
I like it :) Tax :hearts:

Darop.
Apr 24th, 2007, 07:50 PM
It's kind of lame, mostly due to the fact that she wrote it in italian and it was translated, but whatever, good to hear/read from her! :D