PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: All 4 Stars sign up for Sex And The City movie

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:01 AM
Pour yourself a cosmopolitan and raise your glass! The girls from Sex And The City have put their feuding behind them and have finally agreed to make a movie based on the hit series.

Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon are all on board and are expected to make up to $5 million each. The hugely successful show, which followed the steamy sex lives of the four stylish New York girls, finished in 2004, leaving fans hankering for more.

A friend of Kim, 50, told London Lite: "She and the other girls are thrilled that they have finally all agreed to go ahead with the project.

"They have remained in close touch with one another since the television show ended but there were some disagreements that held up this film."

The script is being penned by two-time Emmy winner Michael Patrick King, who wrote, directed and was executive producer for many of the TV episodes.

The girls didn't sign up until they knew he would be involved.

But at one point it looked like stars Sarah and Kim would never work together again after reports of a bust up over Sarah's $3 million salary - twice that of her co-stars. Says our source: "The problem was between Sarah and Kim and it began while the series was still on and lingered after it ended.

There was never much chance of the movie taking off until that feud ended."

The actresses settled their differences after the series finished.

In the last episode, viewers saw columnist-Carrie Bradshaw (played by Sarah) get together with Mr Big, who whisked her back to New York where her pals had settled down.

Kristin, 42, played the role of neurotic Charlotte York, Cynthia, 40, was workaholic lawyer Miranda Hobbes, while Kim was the seductress Samantha Jones.

While Sarah, 42, was the face of Gap and released her own perfume, and Kim appeared on the West End Stage, all four have since had little luck in Hollywood.

"The movie will be a huge boost to their careers," says our source.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:08 AM
I was watching this today and was thinking that it should come back. I'm glad they are doing a movie. I love Sex And The City!

venus_rulez
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:15 AM
Very good news, I would definitely go and support the movie because I loved the series. Season 5 is probably my favorite.

Scotso
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:17 AM
:yeah:

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:27 AM
I was watching this today and was thinking that it should come back. I'm glad they are doing a movie. I love Sex And The City!

Yeah, hopefully they will start filming this fall/winter for a summer 08 release:cool: :bounce:

LoveFifteen
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:49 AM
Looks like Kim Catrall finally realized that her career was going nowhere and she needed to just cash in! :lol:

azinna
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:50 AM
The very last season was great: the writing and acting were tight. But I really don't know about its transfer to a movie.

Kenny
Apr 24th, 2007, 04:04 AM
Yes!

treufreund
Apr 24th, 2007, 04:15 AM
I loved the show and all four women. Can't wait to see a good chick flick :o

Kenny
Apr 24th, 2007, 04:21 AM
I can't wait for it... it's going to be GREAT

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 24th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Funny enough, I was taking a sip of my cosmo when reading the first sentence :lol:

Nice for Kim to accept after all that bickering. It's not like her career is amazing now anyways.

MyskinaManiac
Apr 24th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Kim Catrall was doing the Nissan Tida ads, was she not? Meh... I found her more entertaining than all of them really.

ToeTag
Apr 24th, 2007, 06:41 PM
This show could have been better if there was less SJP. I hope the movie gives equal time to all four characters.

Helen Lawson
Apr 24th, 2007, 06:46 PM
This is OLD news to Enquirer readers, at least three months ago they reported this. I still like the old shows, except it must have been some kind of joke with the guys they set Carrie up with, no one who looks like John Corbitt or Mr. Big would go out with a chick who looked like her. It was like Jennifer Aniston ending up with Ross on Friends. Not believable!

venus_rulez
Apr 24th, 2007, 07:22 PM
This show could have been better if there was less SJP. I hope the movie gives equal time to all four characters.

:lol: what? Sarah Jessica Parker was the lead, the story doesn't work without her. Granted, the story doesn't work without any of the ladies, but they were all friends because of Carrie in my opinion. Without her there, the other three wouldn't be as tight knit a group.

G-Ha
Apr 24th, 2007, 07:24 PM
i loved the show, but i don't really see the point in bringing it to film. i mean, what will they do in a 2-hour movie that we couldn't or didn't already see on HBO?

and funny how feuds between actors always seem to end when their careers come to a screeching halt! :lol:

thalle
Apr 24th, 2007, 07:43 PM
i loved the show, but i don't really see the point in bringing it to film. i mean, what will they do in a 2-hour movie that we couldn't or didn't already see on HBO?

and funny how feuds between actors always seem to end when their careers come to a screeching halt! :lol:
I agree. And all the mystery have been settled, Carrie is with Mr. Big (John?) again again, and everybody is somehow involved and settling down. It will just be a big mess with them having feuds with their husbands/boyfriends, no dating etc... I guess...
But I'll def. go watch it:)

Helen Lawson
Apr 24th, 2007, 07:43 PM
I always wanted to write one of the episodes. Here's how it would go.

Miranda wakes up after a particularly rough Tuesday night out with the girls. She notices a strange red substance oozing out from under the $2,000 duvet cover. At first, she thinks it's just her tacky cheap hair dye, but a closer look reveals a horse's head! Is it a disgruntled client who put a dead horse's head in her bed? Who would do such a thing? She picks it up and discovers it's not the head of Secretariat on a diet, but of Carrie. It's Carrie's dessicated skull! Could our Miranda have violent, latent, lesbian urges? In a panic, Miranda thinks she will hide the evidence! She puts Carrie's head inside her new $1500 Coach bag and runs outside to find a place to bury it. The homocidal lesbian is in a panic and has blood on her hands and is still wearing her emerald green silk nightie as she runs the streets. As she runs towards Central Park to bury the head, the crazed mime who has been stalking Miranda for years follows closely behind. You see, he sees in Miranda a kindred spirit. Her hair is as loud as his lips are silent. Her feet are as big as his life is small. The crazed mime follows Miranda behind a tree and strangles her with his suspenders. When her cries for mercy are no more, the mime opens up the Coach bag. A horse's head?

ToeTag
Apr 24th, 2007, 07:53 PM
:lol: what? Sarah Jessica Parker was the lead, the story doesn't work without her. Granted, the story doesn't work without any of the ladies, but they were all friends because of Carrie in my opinion. Without her there, the other three wouldn't be as tight knit a group.

Obviously, Parker , her agent, and eventually the producers thought SJP was the lead, but SITC it was originally about 4 women in NYC, musing about their lives, with Carrie being the narrator.

Unfortunately, it went from that to the Carrie show, and she wasn't just one of the girls and the narrator, but the whole damn show. If they're planning on doing that with movie than they're in for a flop -- who wants to watch an hour and a half of a woman who looks like she was separated at birth with any number of Kentucky derby winners?!

ToeTag
Apr 24th, 2007, 08:00 PM
discovers it's not the head of Secretariat on a diet, but of Carrie.Glad I'm not the only one who sees the resemblance. You should submit that, Helen.

Helen Lawson
Apr 24th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Glad I'm not the only one who sees the resemblance. You should submit that, Helen.

It could be done, if even a dream sequence so they could all return the next week for another one I have cooked up!

RJWCapriati
Apr 24th, 2007, 09:45 PM
:yeah:

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 24th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Funny enough, I was taking a sip of my cosmo when reading the first sentence :lol:

Nice for Kim to accept after all that bickering. It's not like her career is amazing now anyways.

:spit: THATS SO CHARLDA !!!!! :kiss: