PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Doing To Treat Your Body To Something Nutritious?

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 24th, 2007, 01:43 AM
http://www.breyersyogurt.com/products/light/web_art/light_peach_LG.jpg
Mother Marjorie has eaten yogurt daily for years and years and years. Its nutritious, good for your digestion and promotes better immunity. Favorite flavors? I love'em all! Strawberry Cheesecake, Key Lime, Lemon Chiffon, Strawberry, Strawberry-Banana, and Blueberry.

Mother Marjorie feels that the daily helping of yogurt and 3-5 times/week Ruby Red Grapefruit consumption has kept her "cold-free" for several years.

My current favorite tea is:

http://www.yogitea.com/Spice-Tea/Box/Spice-16.jpg

What are you doing to treat your body to something nutritious?

stevos
Apr 24th, 2007, 01:48 AM
Krispy Kremes! :hearts: :bounce: :drool: :lick: :bounce:

http://www.houstonist.com/attachments/houston_jim/061306_donuts.jpg

piercerocks
Apr 24th, 2007, 01:52 AM
err entenmanns cookies ahah but i have fruit daily

MisterQ
Apr 24th, 2007, 01:55 AM

You are cruel to dieters. :mad: :lol:

I have found good soup and a salad to be a nutritious and general low-calorie combination, and I like it. :drool:

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:03 AM

GASP! :eek:

I ate one Krispy Kreme around five years ago. It was so greasy it made me feel nauseated :sad:

The closest thing to a donut I've eaten for breakfast that's sinful are whole wheat waffles (maybe once/month) at a fav Chicago bistro because they top them with freshly strawberries and a dollop of creme.
Yum, yum!

I've never done the fad diets. I don't think "no-carb" diets are healthy, except low-carb for diabetics. Small portions and a variety of fruits, vegetables, grains, dairy and fish is my primary diet. I do incorporate red meat (generally a steak) once a month. I avoid Mayonnaise, butter, oils (with an exception to extra virgin olive oil).

Weaknesses? (Oh, I'll cheat occasionally) Ice cream, pound cake and strawberry-rhubarb pie.

venus_rulez
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:04 AM
You are cruel to dieters. :mad: :lol:

I have found good soup and a salad to be a nutritious and general low-calorie combination, and I like it. :drool:

I have to say I really don't get the big deal about kripsy kremes. I don't find them good at all and they cost more money. Seems like a waste to me.

stevos
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:05 AM
GASP! :eek:

I ate one Krispy Kreme around five years ago. It was so greasy it made me feel nauseated :sad:

The closest thing to a donut I've eaten for breakfast that's sinful are whole wheat waffles (maybe once/month) at a fav Chicago bistro because they top them with freshly strawberries and a dollop of creme.
Yum, yum!

oh wow.
well, i bought a 15-pack at costco and ate about 4 a day for a couple days, good times! :drool:

piercerocks
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:06 AM
I have to say I really don't get the big deal about kripsy kremes. I don't find them good at all and they cost more money. Seems like a waste to me.

take my dunkin donuts over that any day

MisterQ
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:06 AM

A Krispy Kreme is nothing special at room temperature. Heat it, however, and it becomes gooey bliss. :drool:

Pureracket
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:08 AM
take my dunkin donuts over that any day
You really think Dunkin Donuts are better than Krispy Kreme? Then again, I'm from the SE USA, and Kripy Kreme is more our style. DD's donuts are so dry.

skanky~skanketta
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:10 AM
I'm glad I work out because I do NOT have healthy eating habits. Eggplant with corriander, yoghurt and cream, spinach and cottage cheese, lots and lots of cheese, deep fried eggplant....oh god!It (http://wtaworld.com/) used to be worse when I still ate meat, but thankfully, I decided that animals are too important to me. Now I just have an extra helping of dessert :tape:

skanky~skanketta
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:11 AM
and I've never had a krispy kreme before. :mad:

Pureracket
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:15 AM
You are missing out on one of the great pleasures of life.

Dementieva_Dude
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:26 AM
I agree with the posters that aren't big fans of Krispy Kremes. I just don't like the taste of them...I feel like my teeth are rotting from the sugar.

As for the original topic...I don't eat white bread, white rice or white pasta anymore (unless i go for dinner to a friends and they serve it...I wouldn't choose to buy it for myself though). I eat a lot of salads...I probably spend half my food budget (at least in the winter) on different things to keep my salads interesting.... different greens, interesting veggies, fruits, nuts, different homemade croutons etc. I've also cut out all binge drinking :o

LoveFifteen
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:26 AM

You're not an unhealthy American eater so Krispy Kream would disgust you. It's greasy and uber-sugary. Your blood isn't 40% high fructose corn syrup so you would find them naaaaaaaaasty! Trust me.

stevos
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:29 AM
You're not an unhealthy American eater so Krispy Kream would disgust you. It's greasy and uber-sugary. Your blood isn't 40% high fructose corn syrup so you would find them naaaaaaaaasty! Trust me.

What are you, european? ;)

venus_rulez
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:35 AM
I agree with the posters that aren't big fans of Krispy Kremes. I just don't like the taste of them...I feel like my teeth are rotting from the sugar.

As for the original topic...I don't eat white bread, white rice or white pasta anymore (unless i go for dinner to a friends and they serve it...I wouldn't choose to buy it for myself though). I eat a lot of salads...I probably spend half my food budget (at least in the winter) on different things to keep my salads interesting.... different greens, interesting veggies, fruits, nuts, different homemade croutons etc. I've also cut out all binge drinking :o

The only thing green I like is money.

Brett.
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:36 AM
A Krispy Kreme is nothing special at room temperature. Heat it, however, and it becomes gooey bliss. :drool:

Yuk, if you heat it up in a microwave then it is absolutely yukky! *vomits*

What are you, european? ;)

Are you talking about this? ;)

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/7/7f/Euro_vs_america.jpg/300px-Euro_vs_america.jpg

:lol: :lol:

venus_rulez
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:37 AM
Are you talking about this? ;)

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/7/7f/Euro_vs_america.jpg/300px-Euro_vs_america.jpg

:lol: :lol:

:lol: Brett! :wavey:

piercerocks
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:39 AM
LOL. i hate krispy kreme and im american!

Brett.
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:41 AM
I would never eat it because it is pretty obvious that it is disgusting! :lol:

Dementieva_Dude
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:44 AM

That is my favourite green too :o

MisterQ
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:44 AM
Yuk, if you heat it up in a microwave then it is absolutely yukky! *vomits*

:eek:

I fear we may never understand each other... :lol:

Brett.
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:46 AM
I usually eat 5 different vegetables which cooked from microwave, EVERY NIGHT! :drool:

Brett.
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:47 AM
:eek:

I fear we may never understand each other... :lol:

You won't able to taste any sugar on it.

venus_rulez
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:48 AM

I do have to say that I can get down with some chicken ceasar salad though.

Brett.
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:49 AM

We only have one green note :O Its worth $100AU. Who's that in your avatar? :drool: :hearts: :lick:

Dementieva_Dude
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:04 AM
We only have one green note :O Its worth $100AU. Who's that in your avatar? :drool: :hearts: :lick:

Adam Van Koeverden, a Canadian flatwater kayaker. He won a gold and a bronze in the Athens Olympics.

venus_rulez
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:06 AM
Adam Van Koeverden, a Canadian flatwater kayaker. He won a gold and a bronze in the Athens Olympics.

I thought that was Tom Welling.

Brett.
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:09 AM
http://www.bohemianwhisper.com/avk/wallpaper-adam1.jpg

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:13 AM
Well it's basically anything that helps my ass jiggle when my fingers touch my toes. :tape:
I'll do yogurt but not low fat.
I love grill zuchini. Tuna Salad.

I don't eat much sweeties but I am a bread fiend.

stevos
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:17 AM
Microwave for 8 seconds, thats the lucky number!

Apoleb
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:20 AM
I need to straighten up my diet because I've been eating a lot of junk lately. I'm just getting now some yogurt and fruit. :drool:

Dementieva_Dude
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:23 AM
Well it's basically anything that helps my ass jiggle when my fingers touch my toes. :tape:

I love bread too. It's my biggest food weakness...I could eat it all day, everyday.

Low fat yogurt I can do, but I draw a line with cheeses. No low fat cheese...it just doesn't taste the same. I would rather eat less of a great tasting cheese than more of a cheese that tastes like styrofoam.

stevos
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:26 AM
I love having a fast metabolism! :bounce: :wavey:

Guess how many pops I had today? I think 4.
Had some rice pudding (two from these packages, one bowl of homemade :cool: ).
Had garlic bread, cheetos and chocolate milk for lunch.
My eating habits are soo bad lately. I'm going to have a fudgesicle right now!

treufreund
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:29 AM
I am eating many blueberries, blackberries and raspberries. Oatmeal or Muesli nearly every day. Lots of veggies too. Use olive oil only for sauteeing and eat fish 3 times a week. I eat bananas, oranges, tomatoes, cantaloupe and apples frequently. I drink green tea a lot too. Also eat yogurt quite often. Also eat a lot of chicken breast. bad things I eat: marinated olives (maybe not so bad?), ice cream, cheeses, pasta, bacon, eggs( both bad and good for you), chili (too much sodium), lime tostitos or doritos.

treufreund
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:30 AM
I love bread too. It's my biggest food weakness...I could eat it all day, everyday.

Low fat yogurt I can do, but I draw a line with cheeses. No low fat cheese...it just doesn't taste the same. I would rather eat less of a great tasting cheese than more of a cheese that tastes like styrofoam.

you are 100% right. Low fat cheese is super bland and worthless. Gross.

stevos
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:31 AM
Damn, this fudgesicle has no sugar added. :(

treufreund
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:33 AM
KRISPY KREMES are BEST when made in my hometown in Louisville, Kentucky fresh from the oven. They are still kind of warm and very fresh but not gooey and gross like in the microwave! Microwaving them would destroy any texture they have.

spec7er
Apr 24th, 2007, 08:05 AM
I've eaten Krispy Kreme since they opened recently in my country. It wasn't anything special, but I agree that it can get addicting, since I love sweet food. :lol: I prefer one of the local donut shops here. Their donuts are really soft and it's very different from that of Krispy Kreme.

I'm not a healthy-eater. But I do eat vegetables occassionally and Muesli is yummy! :D I love rice (I prefer white...although it's not the healthier choice. :lol:)! I just can't live without red meat in my diet.

AH85
Apr 24th, 2007, 11:49 AM
i've been having so many boost smooties on a stick :drool: they are to die for!

MisterQ
Apr 24th, 2007, 04:49 PM
What about coffee? How bad is it for you?

Sally Struthers
Apr 24th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Sally drinks lots of water and green tea. Not the cheap shit you find at the grocery store though. Also, Sally has tried to eliminate refined sugars from her diet. Sally didn't eat sweets or candies to begin with but she did partake in the occasional soft drink now and then.

Helen Lawson
Apr 24th, 2007, 05:44 PM
This changed my life and let me live the dream of being Karen Carpenter thin, but in a healthy way.

http://www.biometricshealth.com/

griffin
Apr 24th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Carpet: low-cal, high energy :devil:

Coffee isn't bad for you unless you drink it by the bucket, or dump a ton of dairy and sweeteners in it (e.g. anything "achino" at Dunks' and 80% of what people order at Starbucks).

Mostly I've been bringing fresh fruit to work for snacks - healthy in their own right, and it makes me less vulnerable to the cookies and pastry my coworkers bring in to "share" (trans: get other people to eat it so THEY don't blow their diets :lol: )

samsung101
Apr 24th, 2007, 06:20 PM
I get lettuce on my Big Mac. Need greens.

I have milk with my Krispy Kreme.

samsung101
Apr 24th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Green tea.
Fewer sweets.
More wheat bread and bran/wheat cereal.
Almost no soda these days.
More dark green veggies, many I had eaten
little of until recently.

I had an epiphany - I really do not need
to eat every single morsel on the plate in
front of me! Who knew.

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 24th, 2007, 06:39 PM
When Krispy Kreme arrived in Quebec it was just Donut-mania. But I think you can get used to them quite often. I loved the originals of course, but the raspberrie filled ones were also drool.

I'm a vegetarian and I eat a lot of fruit/vegetables. I have trouble not eating dessert and I eat cheese in at least 2, if not 3 meals a day.

samsung101
Apr 24th, 2007, 08:51 PM
M-m-m......cheese.

Moderation is always a good rule of thumb.

But, then again, cheese........m-m-m.

I admit fresh, warm home made tortillas with butter
are my #1 problem.....I guess I should stop making them.

Chile on the other hand, fresh chiles, are great for you!
Not salsa or salt, just fresh home grown red and green
chile in food.

!<blocparty>!
Apr 24th, 2007, 09:01 PM
I've never liked fruits and just can't bring myself to eat most of them, except for strawberries, unless they are blended into a smoothie. Does Mother Marjorie like a good smoothie?

!<blocparty>! loves all kinds of vegetables, and has been eating salad regularly for two years now. :dance:

G-Ha
Apr 24th, 2007, 09:38 PM
fresh fruits and vegetables
green tea
i rotate in several different juices: aronia berry, cranberry, pomegranate, acai and blueberry (lots of antioxidants in all of them)
and i generally eat low carb and do not eat anything low- or non-fat, so i drink whole milk, eat eggs, butter, etc.
i only cook with healthy fats/oils like olive oil, palm oil and coconut oil

to keep my digestive track on target i eat yoghurt and drink this stuff:

http://www.diamondorganics.com/images/uploads/2049_large.jpg

once you get past the strands of bacteria floating in the drink, it's not bad! :D

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 24th, 2007, 09:46 PM
I've never liked fruits and just can't bring myself to eat most of them, except for strawberries, unless they are blended into a smoothie. Does Mother Marjorie like a good smoothie?

!<blocparty>! loves all kinds of vegetables, and has been eating salad regularly for two years now. :dance:
Mother Marjorie tries to stay away from commerical smoothies because they are loaded with sugars.

I try to juice at least twice a week, and sometimes will incorporate my morning yogurt into a blended smoothie. But not too often. Dunno why?

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 24th, 2007, 09:47 PM
I need to straighten up my diet because I've been eating a lot of junk lately. I'm just getting now some yogurt and fruit. :drool:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 24th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Damn, this fudgesicle has no sugar added. :(
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 24th, 2007, 09:50 PM
You go girl!

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 24th, 2007, 09:52 PM

I would also list "breads/rolls" as another weakness of mine. I have to really control myself around fresh breads.

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 24th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Sally drinks lots of water and green tea. Not the cheap shit you find at the grocery store though. Also, Sally has tried to eliminate refined sugars from her diet. Sally didn't eat sweets or candies to begin with but she did partake in the occasional soft drink now and then.
Sister Sally, I don't think drinking plenty of water is stressed enough today. There continues to be a fascination with carbonated beverages that even in Diet form aren't really good for your urinary health.

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 24th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Mostly I've been bringing fresh fruit to work for snacks - healthy in their own right, and it makes me less vulnerable to the cookies and pastry my coworkers bring in to "share" (trans: get other people to eat it so THEY don't blow their diets :lol: )
Isn't that the truth! Work is probably one of the most unhealthiest places to eat shared foods. I mean, its great to showcase your culinary skills, but someone is ALWAYS bringing cookies, cakes and brownies.

Although, I guess it does make sense that people bring "comfort" food to work. LOL.

MisterQ
Apr 24th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Sister Sally, I don't think drinking plenty of water is stressed enough today. There continues to be a fascination with carbonated beverages that even in Diet form aren't really good for your urinary health.

Can you share your knowledge of carbonated beverages as they relate to urinary health? :eek: :)

This thread is so educational!

Sally Struthers
Apr 24th, 2007, 10:48 PM
I've been drinking a lot of San Pellegrino sparkling mineral water with a twist of lime or lemon lately also. Or maybe a splash of cranberry juice with a squeeze of lime. No sugar. Kind of like a cosmopolitan minus the vodka and cointreau

gentenaire
Apr 25th, 2007, 06:00 AM
I drink a glass of milk every morning, just love it.

Foodwise, I stick to the food triangle as much as possible. A meal isn't a meal unless it includes something meat/fish, some starch (potatoes, rice, pasta) and some vegetables.