PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox def Yankees, 7-6 7-5 7-6

JennyS
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:03 PM
Over the weekend, the Red Sox swept the Yankees (boooo!!!!) in a three game series. Those were the actual scorelines so it looks like they beat them in 3 straight sets in a best of 5 match:) Weird.

rseto
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:08 PM
:lol: they must have played on grass!

DennisPostedThis
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:09 PM
First home sweep of the Yankess for the sox in 17 years. The last game had 4 HR back-to-back-to-back-to-back!!!!

winone23
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:29 PM
Over the weekend, the Red Sox swept the Yankees (boooo!!!!) in a three game series. Those were the actual scorelines so it looks like they beat them in 3 straight sets in a best of 5 match:) Weird.

The Red Sox can have their little sweep. The Red Sox nation needs a little joy every now and then. The Yankees provides their fans with joy all the time.

Wintermute
Apr 23rd, 2007, 09:24 PM
:bowdown: First Fenway sweep of the Yankees since 1990.

Still ended up being a tight game though.

Scotso
Apr 23rd, 2007, 11:17 PM
The Red Sox can have their little sweep. The Red Sox nation needs a little joy every now and then. The Yankees provides their fans with joy all the time.

Oh? Like their pathetic playoff displays the past few years?

wipeout
Apr 24th, 2007, 12:21 AM
:lol: they must have played on grass!

Looks like any Ivo Karlovic match. :D

UDACHi
Apr 24th, 2007, 12:56 AM

i can't seem to remember the yankees providing much recent joy. ;)

stevos
Apr 24th, 2007, 01:04 AM
red sox - won last 5
jays - lost last 5

i went to the jays-sox game thursday, if only halladay hadn't been pulled early :mad:

winone23
Apr 24th, 2007, 05:26 AM
i can't seem to remember the yankees providing much recent joy. ;)

The fact that the Yankees make the play-offs nearly every year gives the fans joy and the fact that they win world Series just about every decade gives the fans joy. The fact that the Yankees are getting a new stadium that's still going to be called Yankee Stadium and they don't have to name it after some corporation brings me joy. The fact the NY Yankee's baseball cap is one of the most popular baseball caps in the world brings to joy. The Yankees don't have to win world series every year to bring their fans joy!

winone23
Apr 24th, 2007, 05:33 AM
Oh? Like their pathetic playoff displays the past few years?

At least they make the play-offs, they could be winning the World Series every 80+ years.

Martian KC
Apr 24th, 2007, 01:01 PM
I loved the 4 hrs in a row!!