PDA

View Full Version : Some of my Charleston photos are online now

partbrit
Apr 23rd, 2007, 07:35 PM
You can see them here (http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2092998477). The best way to look at them is by using the slide show function. Sorry for no Venus pictures--I'm not sure what happened, but I wound up with not one I can use.

Drake1980
Apr 23rd, 2007, 07:39 PM
Very cool! I was there as well so I recognise many of these shots:)

Kampi
Apr 23rd, 2007, 07:41 PM
Thx a lot.:worship: Very nice.:D

Corswandt
Apr 23rd, 2007, 07:44 PM
I) Srebotnik is Slovenian, not Slovakian.

II) Pic. 29 is Cibulkova, and not Birnerova.

Thanks a lot for uploading and sharing these.

Helen Lawson
Apr 23rd, 2007, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the photos partbrit!

partbrit
Apr 23rd, 2007, 07:51 PM
Srebotnik is Slovenian, not Slovakian.

Of course she is; I know that. My bad...thanks for the catch.

Pic. 29 is Cibulkova, and not Birnerova.

Actually, that is a wildly labeled photo that isn't even supposed to be in the album; it's gone now. (I wonder about my brain lately.)

CooCooCachoo
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:13 PM

Corswandt
Apr 23rd, 2007, 09:16 PM
Actually, that is a wildly labeled photo that isn't even supposed to be in the album; it's gone now. (I wonder about my brain lately.)

You deleted a photo of Domi? :mad:

partbrit
Apr 23rd, 2007, 09:28 PM
You deleted a photo of Domi?

There is a much better one in there.

Helen Lawson
Apr 23rd, 2007, 09:30 PM
There is a much better one in there.

Did you talk to any of the players? I'm always too chicken.

partbrit
Apr 23rd, 2007, 10:32 PM
Did you talk to any of the players? I'm always too chicken.

Only a little bit--Michaella, Vera, Sam (who didn't seem herself--she usually likes to chat and joke), Nathalie (she's always so easy to talk to), Anabel. My husband chatted with Katarina, who is a favorite of his. I didn't even get to say but a word or two to Patty, and she kind of knows us now. I did talk a bit more with JJ, though. We sat right behind her during an early practice, and she was very friendly, then I talked a bit with her again when she had an autograph session and I went to photograph her.

My most intense encounter was with Julia Vakulenko. She had no support but me at one of her matches, and she started looking at me before she served. When she made an error, she would roll her eyes at me. When she hit a winner, she'd look at me and smile a bit. After the match, though, she was so upset, she barely said a word to me.

And I did have a nice chat with Juliana Fedak. We like Fedak's personality and we like to watch her play. I had a beautiful photo of her I wanted her to sign, and she was so pleased with it, she asked me to wait while she showed it to her coach.

tobi
Apr 23rd, 2007, 11:32 PM
Thanx

Mark Spruce
Apr 24th, 2007, 12:19 AM
Thanks

SAEKeithSerena
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:14 AM
great pictures! hope you had an awesome time

Drake1980
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:17 AM
do you have some pictures of you and your husband so I can see if I recognise you;)

partbrit
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:25 AM
do you have some pictures of you and your husband so I can see if I recognise you

I have one crowd shot with you-know-who in it:

iPatty
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:31 AM
great pictures. :hug:

Derek.
Apr 24th, 2007, 02:44 AM
Thanks. :)

Drake1980
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:17 AM
I have one crowd shot with you-know-who in it:

That doesn't help much:lol:
Do you guys play the Tennis Survivor Serve Return game at all?

partbrit
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:25 AM
That doesn't help much

What, you didn't recognize the hat?!

Do you play the Tennis Survivor Serve Return game at all?

You've got me there.

.Andrew.
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:37 AM
Excellent. Thanks!

drake3781
Apr 24th, 2007, 04:21 AM
do you have some pictures of you and your husband so I can see if I recognise you;)

Drake1980, if I had known you were going, we could have had a meeting of the Drakes!! :p I was there too. Too bad we missed that; maybe next year?

It was nice to meet you, partbrit, and your husband too. I would say I hope you had a good time there, but I know you did! :D

Thanks for the pictures! We actually saw a lot of different matches from each other. (I used to take pictures but felt it was just too much to manage this time.)

So funny to look at the people in the stands in coats, and with blankets. Reminds me of how cold it was early in the week. :lol:

What did you mean by saying for Schnyder that "the court conditions changed" and she couldn't handle it? :confused: I saw that match, from the perimeter of the box seat level, but I didn't notice what you mention about the court. I deduced that Patty had a bit of a meltdown, while at the same time Peng had warmed up and was gotten her rhythm. But you seem to think something occurred in the environment or to the court itself? Just curious what you meant.

Maybe see you next year.... :wavey:

partbrit
Apr 24th, 2007, 04:32 AM
Drake1980 must be really confused. I was posting without looking and thinking it was you, Drake3781. My brain is addled enough without all these Drakes!

After the first set (probably the best set I've ever seen Patty play, live or on TV--brilliant), the humidity set in big-time. Patty can't play in those conditions; she is up-front about it. The ball gets very heavy, and she has a lot of trouble with it. She was having major trouble with it, the heavier it got. And to make matters worse, Peng got into that zone she sometimes gets into, in which she just doesn't make any errors.

The other thing I noticed was Patty's leg wrap and what seemed to be her consequential inability to deliver her kick serve, which gets her out of so many jams. I felt really bad for her; she was playing out of her mind that first set.

She was very philosophical about it; she got conditions that make her game weak, and Peng picked up on it. I went to see her and Corina a couple of nights later when they played Yan and Zheng: Patty was very funny and entertaining and had a big crowd there to watch her and cheer her on.

MS_FP
Apr 24th, 2007, 04:42 AM
Thanks for the pics...it's interesting that we were both there and have completely different pictures (and I did go to see a lot of the lesser known players matches). I used all of my film on Tatiana though lol :drool:

partbrit
Apr 24th, 2007, 05:03 AM
it's interesting that we were both there and have completely different pictures

There's too much to see! I didn't get to see Tammy or Virginie or Jill or Ashley...or several others. And some whom I did see I didn't get photos of, like Marion, or I got not-so-good photos of them. And there were things going on I didn't know about until later that would have been good photo opportunities.

MS_FP
Apr 24th, 2007, 05:20 AM
There's too much to see! I didn't get to see Tammy or Virginie or Jill or Ashley...or several others. And some whom I did see I didn't get photos of, like Marion, or I got not-so-good photos of them. And there were things going on I didn't know about until later that would have been good photo opportunities.

Yeah it was my first time at the tournament...I didn't even know about standing back after matches and getting to see players leaving/signing autographs outside the tunnel. I only managed to see Ivanovic this way

partbrit
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:56 PM
To all of you who enjoyed the photos and posted thanks: You're welcome!