PDA

View Full Version : Sheryl Crow -Save Earth, Use 1 Toilet Paper Sheet Only!

samsung101
Apr 23rd, 2007, 05:17 PM
Seriously, she did. To cut down on pollution and
waste.

Use one sheet per bathroom visit!
Maybe 2 or 3 if it's a 'pesky' problem.

As she flies around on her jet, has a few
18 wheelers to lug around her concert equpiment, and
uses all that electricity light her shows each night.

Yeah, you there in Topeka, in LA, in Denver, use one
sheet only.

As she flies into another Save the World show or summit,
on a jet to meet with the others who flew in on jets,
drove in w/diesel cars, and stay in air conditioned hotels.

Yeah, right.........

How about we all just try not to waste stuff so much,
drive a bit less, and recycle more. Let China know they
need to cut down on pollution too...oh wait, China said that's
no ones business but theirs.

*JR* LOVES PATTY
Apr 23rd, 2007, 05:19 PM
IMPOSSIBLE Due To The Amount Of Shit Talked On Here :D

sonnys
Apr 23rd, 2007, 05:19 PM
:eek: 1 sheet...& she flys around in a jet..:tape:

samsung101
Apr 23rd, 2007, 05:34 PM
She also wants to create some sort of sleeve napkin, so you
won't use paper napkins. Seriously, she's saying these things.

If nothing else, her recent 'green' tour will provide lots of
good soundbites on her inept ideas.

Uh, as if she'll use a sleeve napkin that much.

Laurie David, millionaire, on a jet or a special bus for this
little national thing she's doing. Big deal.

This is a religion for these guys. Kids in school spend more
time on earth day, and praising mother earth, than they do
learning American and world history, or math, or physics.

We can't worry about Islamic fascist terrorism being a real
problem, but, we're supposed to fret over 1 sheet of toilet paper.
No wonder the terrorists laugh at us...they're plotting ways to kill
civilans, take over regions of the world with a political jihad, and
we're worrying about plastic bags, polar bears on 1/1,000,000th less
ice than 50 years ago, and toilet paper strips. Ugh.

Having said all that, old Karl Rove should have just laughed off
her Press Dinner attempts to talk to him. What a dolt. Have a sense
of humor Karl. Just smile, say, hey, nice to see you. I'll take all that
into consideration, I'm eating right now, see you later. Instead, the guy
went into 'get out of my face' mode. Can't blame him for being paranoid,
who knows what the lefty nuts will do to a guy like Rove. But, lighten up
guy....laugh it off in a public setting.

Helen Lawson
Apr 23rd, 2007, 05:37 PM
I thought she was traveling in a biodiesel bus? Sheryl Crow may not be perfect, buyt there are lefty-tard-hypocritical celebrities far worse than her!

As for Rove, he looks like a total tool/asshole, but Sheryl and Larry David look like troublemakers, so I call that one a draw in the media blame-game.

ToeTag
Apr 23rd, 2007, 06:01 PM
Well we know what Sheryl{one sheet per visit}Crow smells like.

wipeout
Apr 23rd, 2007, 07:06 PM
As stupid ideas go, this one is impressively stupid.

What's with all this sudden "Save the planet!" hysteria anyway? Nothing is happening now that hasn't been happening for a while. :scratch:

Pureracket
Apr 23rd, 2007, 07:19 PM
Well, the hotter it gets outside, the less and less these ideas will probably seem so stupid.

I would imagine how the idea of recycling plastic seemed dumb @ one time. The "trouble" in the Mid East let us know why all that damn oil wasted in the 60s was stupid.

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 23rd, 2007, 07:20 PM

What's with all this sudden "Save the planet!" hysteria anyway? Nothing is happening now that hasn't been happening for a while. :scratch:

Your name is very appropriate for this thread...:tape:

Helen Lawson
Apr 23rd, 2007, 07:26 PM
At least not only is she giving money, but she's actually out there trying to make a difference. Is Sheryl Crow going to solve the world's problems with Islamic jihad? No. But she can get people to be more environmentally aware and every little bit helps. At least she's doing something. The Dixie Chicks are big on talk, but what do they really do? And it's easy to just write a check when you have that kind of money. This broad's traveling the US on a bus, that sucks, but she's doing it. Honestly, with all the loser celebrities around today, driving wrong ways on streets, doped up, in and out of rehab, you name it, Sheryl is not bad.

wipeout
Apr 23rd, 2007, 07:35 PM
Your name is very appropriate for this thread...:tape:

:o :p

I took the name from the "crashing out" meaning which unfortunately often applies to the players I support too. :tape:

Kart
Apr 23rd, 2007, 07:41 PM
^ Helen I'd bet that if she were actually a major star rather than a mediocre one, that bus would be the first thing to be upgraded to a jet.

If she's really serious about the environment, she should be touring on a bicycle.

I'll bet she's kicking herself for letting go of Lance Armstrong - they could have gone round on a tandem.

Helen Lawson
Apr 23rd, 2007, 07:44 PM
^ Helen I'd bet that if she were actually a major star rather than a mediocre one, that bus would be the first thing to be upgraded to a jet.

If she's really serious she should be touring on a bicycle.

Had she held onto Lance Armstrong, it could have been a tandem.

I can't believe all the Sheryl hate. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Just some nice lady trying to make a difference. :sad: :sad: :sad:

But when she said to Rove, "you work for me." I would have responded, "Ok, so if I buy a ticket to one of your concerts, I can call the songs you sing?"

I think a little biodiesel bus fumes is worth it if she reaches some of the college kids she's targeting.

Sally Struthers
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:00 PM
what the hell? 1 sheet of paper? She better be using two ply is all I have to say! :o

Pureracket
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:03 PM
Why is there always a propensity to attack the character of the people who talk about global warming and conservation?

Ok...ok....let's say they're ALL hypocrites, Bono, Gore, and Crow.

Now that that's established, we STILL have the issue.

miffedmax
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:22 PM
I can't believe all the Sheryl hate. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Just some nice lady trying to make a difference. :sad: :sad: :sad:

But when she said to Rove, "you work for me." I would have responded, "Ok, so if I buy a ticket to one of your concerts, I can call the songs you sing?"

I think a little biodiesel bus fumes is worth it if she reaches some of the college kids she's targeting.

For the rabidly partisan Rove to claim he "works for the American people" is laughable, though. This particular administration has done everything it can to avoid even coming in contact with some body who might express disagreement with its policies.

ALL American citizens have the right to "petition the government for a redress of grievances."

Crow (of whom I am not a fan) can forgo toilet paper all together and she'd still stink less than Rove.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:26 PM
Well, the hotter it gets outside, the less and less these ideas will probably seem so stupid.

It's still going to be stupid.
When you're a skinny bitch basically all your life it's easy to tell people to use one sheet of toilet paper because she ain't got no ass so she's likely never had an issue with losing toilet paper. :tape:

If Delicious from Flava of Love 2 tried to use one sheet of toilet paper she likely will never find it again.

No Name Face
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:29 PM
that is really nasty. she probably smells like shit all the time. i use a lot of toilet paper. i used to get in trouble for it.

miffedmax
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:44 PM
that is really nasty. she probably smells like shit all the time. i use a lot of toilet paper. i used to get in trouble for it.

Man, you know you're one of my best friends on WTAworld, but that is WAAAAAAYYYYYYYY TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!!! ;) :lol: :eek:

Helen Lawson
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:45 PM
She probably took a killer shit and then took a shower. With that little body, she probably doesn't go that much!

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 23rd, 2007, 09:27 PM
Seriously, she did. To cut down on pollution and
waste.

Use one sheet per bathroom visit!
Maybe 2 or 3 if it's a 'pesky' problem.

As she flies around on her jet, has a few
18 wheelers to lug around her concert equpiment, and
uses all that electricity light her shows each night.

Yeah, you there in Topeka, in LA, in Denver, use one
sheet only.

As she flies into another Save the World show or summit,
on a jet to meet with the others who flew in on jets,
drove in w/diesel cars, and stay in air conditioned hotels.

Yeah, right.........

How about we all just try not to waste stuff so much,
drive a bit less, and recycle more. Let China know they
need to cut down on pollution too...oh wait, China said that's
no ones business but theirs.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The hypocrisy is shocking, isn't it? You go boy! You tell it like it is!

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 23rd, 2007, 09:29 PM
It was the coldest recorded April in history in the state of Pennsylvania. Chicago was cold as well.

Halardfan
Apr 23rd, 2007, 10:20 PM
The climate IS changing, heck its an observable fact even over the last handful of years...hardly a month goes by without new temperature records being set here...

Now a small minority of scientists contest whether man is having much effect on it...but the consensus is, its happening and we have a hand in it, tinkering wont work, we start making big steps on a global level or we are done for.

Lets face it, we are done for, people wont do shit til the water is lapping round their ankles and by then it will be wayyyyyy too late.

miffedmax
Apr 23rd, 2007, 10:24 PM
From what I've read, while the general trend will be towards increased warmness, extremes of cold can be the result of the same phenomenon.

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 23rd, 2007, 10:46 PM
tinkering wont work, we start making big steps on a global level or we are done for.
Ohhhh...haven't we heard this before from tele-evangelists? "Repent before the days of Revelation...send your money now!"

Its no different than what the enviroterrorists are doing. "The Earth is dying, but you can erase your carbon footprint by sending us your money."

Hell, even Hitler used fear to conquer Europe.

Not one damn bit of difference.

Its the new religion of Global Warming creating another economy for attention-seeking scientists who have desperately attempted to validate their existance for decades by using fear.

Does Sheryl Crow know how stoopid she sounds encouraging people to wipe their asses with one square of toilet paper? Show us some real guts Sheryl, take your mesage to China, and stay out of Mother Marjorie's ass!

fnuf7
Apr 23rd, 2007, 10:56 PM
This is another example of why I hate people like Bono, Bob Geldof, Al Gore, Chris Martin and now Sheryl etc etc...they preach to everyone else all about saving the environment or stopping poverty & all these other admittedly worthy charitable causes and yet there they are in jets, mansions, off shore accounts with millions to avoid tax...etc etc etc :(

It's not that I disagree with the causes, it's just I despise being told that I should hand over my hard earned cash that I actually need to live a relatively nice life ie: to have food, by a load of annoyingly pious celebrities who don't give enough of what they can offer. :p

HippityHop
Apr 23rd, 2007, 11:05 PM
Why use paper at all? What does she think people did before toilet paper?
Use leaves, grass or even your hand.

Marshmallow
Apr 23rd, 2007, 11:27 PM
^:lol:

I only want to add: To the people saying she must smell like dung - no, that's not quite accurate. Good nutristionists will tell you that, if you have have healthy bowels and a good diet, you will not need to use toilet paper - the wipe will be for the most part clean.

I know i know, a shocking idea - and don't like talking shit :p but if she's a healthy lady, then she probably ddoesn't smell lke sewage.

No Name Face
Apr 23rd, 2007, 11:43 PM
Man, you know you're one of my best friends on WTAworld, but that is WAAAAAAYYYYYYYY TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!!! ;) :lol: :eek:

really? i didn't think it was that personal to say i use a lot of toilet paper.
:p

Halardfan
Apr 23rd, 2007, 11:48 PM
Ohhhh...haven't we heard this before from tele-evangelists? "Repent before the days of Revelation...send your money now!"

Its no different than what the enviroterrorists are doing. "The Earth is dying, but you can erase your carbon footprint by sending us your money."

Hell, even Hitler used fear to conquer Europe.

Not one damn bit of difference.

Its the new religion of Global Warming creating another economy for attention-seeking scientists who have desperately attempted to validate their existance for decades by using fear.

Does Sheryl Crow know how stoopid she sounds encouraging people to wipe their asses with one square of toilet paper? Show us some real guts Sheryl, take your mesage to China, and stay out of Mother Marjorie's ass!

I dont think for a minute we will do anything, China with its lightning fast economy says, get America on board then come lecture us...America the leading polluter on the face of the earth pushes the blame onto India, China, if it acknowledges there is a problem at alll...

Mentioning environmetalists and Hitler in the same breath is deranged.

Pureracket
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:24 AM
It was the coldest recorded April in history in the state of Pennsylvania. Chicago was cold as well.Soooo....since it was so cold in PA, that meant the rest of the world was cold too, right?:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

piercerocks
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:47 AM
1 isnt enough LOL

HippityHop
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:50 AM
I dont think for a minute we will do anything, China with its lightning fast economy says, get America on board then come lecture us...America the leading polluter on the face of the earth pushes the blame onto India, China, if it acknowledges there is a problem at alll...

Mentioning environmetalists and Hitler in the same breath is deranged.

I think that you'd be very hard pressed to back up the statement that America is the leading polluter on the face of the earth.

azinna
Apr 24th, 2007, 04:09 AM
Actually, most of my friends in Argentina prefer the bidet. When my flatmate's father visited last year he was a little annoyed about TP being his only means of wiping. And my summer in BsAs eventually, after some gender issues about it looking like douching, convinced me that the bidet (or sh**-before-shower) was the way to go. Works even for the African behind. Of course, folks may get on the porteños about the extra water usage.......but I digress....and wonder if I've revealed a little too much info....

BoucharDRules
Apr 24th, 2007, 04:17 AM

Al Gore recently invented the theory of global warming.

treufreund
Apr 24th, 2007, 05:52 AM
Sheryl's recommendation is not practical and kinda gross but I really like the woman's overall concern for the environment. People on here bashing her or calling her a "skinny bitch" have issues.

Helen Lawson
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Where is there any evidence that she's jet-queen?

rockwithme
Apr 24th, 2007, 06:23 PM
sheryl..that's gross..

but not as gross as some hardcore hippies that wont flush the toilet unless thy've done a no.2 :tape:

i've come across ppl like this while hunting for a place to rent!! *vomits*

Sally Struthers
Apr 24th, 2007, 06:26 PM
sheryl..that's gross..

but not as gross as some hardcore hippies that wont flush the toilet unless thy've done a no.2 :tape:

i've come across ppl like this while hunting for a place to rent!! *vomits*

:scared:

why don't they just store their pee and distill it to recycle the water while they're at it :help:

HippityHop
Apr 24th, 2007, 07:53 PM

why don't they just store their pee and distill it to recycle the water while they're at it :help:

Well since all of the water on earth is being recycled naturally through evaporation and precipitation, we could all be drinking what was once cave man piss. :tape: :devil: :angel:

Martian KC
Apr 25th, 2007, 01:48 AM
I guess Sheryl doesn't do anal.

Sally Struthers
Apr 25th, 2007, 01:50 AM
I guess Sheryl doesn't do anal.

Maybe that's why Lance dumped her :lol:

Martian KC
Apr 25th, 2007, 02:14 AM
Maybe that's why Lance dumped her :lol:

:lol: Yeah and apparently Matty McConaughey does. Or did. Or whateva.:tape: You drove him away, Sheryl!

Sally Struthers
Apr 25th, 2007, 02:37 AM
:lol: Yeah and apparently Matty McConaughey does. Or did. Or whateva.:tape: You drove him away, Sheryl!

exactly :tape:

Tennis Fool
Apr 25th, 2007, 03:22 AM
There was an article in the New York Times about an author and his family on the UWS of Manhattan who were forgoing toilet paper for a year for enivornmental purposes.

alfonsojose
Apr 25th, 2007, 04:04 AM
" .. All i wanna do is shit my pants .." :music: :smash:

Kenny
Apr 25th, 2007, 04:28 AM
You guys.. it was a joke. Today on The View, Rosie cleared it up that it was indeed a joke.

:)

JackWalker
Apr 25th, 2007, 05:59 AM
sheryl crow was joking. people who take this seriously are so uptight. SHE WAS JOKING!

mc8114
Apr 26th, 2007, 12:46 AM
i read about this :lol:
nice effort by Sheryl :D
:crazy: :o

I do love her music :music: :singer: :inlove:

mc8114
Apr 26th, 2007, 12:52 AM
from her blog:

Apr 23rd : Stop Global Warming College Tour Blog : Let's Wrap it Up

Here we are at our final destination -- Capitol Hill. We just toured multiple states, talked to thousands of college students, spoke to many political figures in both parties, and wrapped it all up at a rockin' Earth Day celebration at George Washington University. (Thank you Larry, Tim, Faith, Carole, Bobby, Vice-President Gore, and Sen.
McCain for making it a truly memorable and historic Earth Day.)

Our goal on the Hill today was to deliver to Congress the message from the road and the Virtual Marchers that Americans want solutions to global warming. The leaders we met with today told us that they are already writing global warming legislation, but indicated that this was going to be a very tough fight. They reinforced how important it is to hear from their constituents on this issue. Hear that America? We need you. (You can take action right now by logging onto nrdc.org and clicking on the link "Take Action".)

Everywhere we went today, we were asked by everyone from Congresspeople to Capitol Hill police about the "Rove incident." To set the record straight, the other night, we approached Mr. Rove at a dinner designed specifically to encourage conversations between people from different worlds. We were riding a wave of excitement having just come from talking to college students across the country about global warming. Obviously, we were very surprised that Mr. Rove found discussing such an important issue to be insulting. However, rather than continuing to focus on the encounter itself, can we now focus on the urgent need to act on global warming? We would welcome the opportunity to engage directly with the Bush administration in a constructive conversation about solutions to the global warming crisis.

And by the way guys, the toilet paper thing...it was a JOKE!!

News » Posted: 4/24/2007 | # |

http://www.sherylcrow.com/news.aspx

Linnie
Apr 26th, 2007, 02:19 AM
I say recycle. Using the Sears Roebuck catalog was good enough for our ancestors, so it should be good enough for us! :p ;)

I like Sheryl, but she cannot be serious! :tape:

[edit: Just read the previous post, and she wasn't :lol:]

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Apr 26th, 2007, 10:42 AM
I am shocked at what Glenn Beck said about Sheryl Crow... I am proud...

rockwithme
Apr 26th, 2007, 03:17 PM

i'll memorise this line for the next time i come across extreme water-savers..thanks :D