PDA

View Full Version : Jelena Jankovic: Is she the TOTAL PACKAGE!

Prep_boii
Apr 23rd, 2007, 05:04 AM
Jelena to me is the future of womens tennis and im not just talking about her game.

To be honest Jelena is only one of dozens of uber talented females presiding on the womens tour. Shes not the strongest, shes not the fastest and shes DEFF not the player with an iron will.:o :worship: :worship:

BUT she is the future of womens tennis and shes going to be just as successfull as Maria Sharapova!

And this is why:

her camp and her ability to adapt to this marketing world has and will continue to see her morph into the new face of womens tennis

do you guys agree, is she going to be the next poster child for the WTA? At least internationaly if not in the states?

I think she will be. DISCUSS:worship: :worship:

LoveFifteen
Apr 23rd, 2007, 05:15 AM
To be honest ... no. :shrug:

Dunlop1
Apr 23rd, 2007, 05:40 AM
And this is why:

her camp and her ability to adapt to this marketing world has and will continue to see her morph into the new face of womens tennis

http://www.tennislife.com/tournament-coverage/06-usopen/images/news-images/tni-9-05-06.jpg

It's certainly big enough

Brooks.
Apr 23rd, 2007, 05:43 AM
I don't really see her winning slams..maybe a final or something:confused:

and she's really not that pretty:tape:

spencercarlos
Apr 23rd, 2007, 05:47 AM

She is not pretty and she does not have a big game either. I would put a bunch of players playing their best and beating Jankovic´s best in straight sets.
Still Jelena is a great player and competitior, she is very tough to beat any day and any surface.

DOUBLEFIST
Apr 23rd, 2007, 05:53 AM
Jelena to me is the future of womens tennis... do you guys agree...?

Nope.

RJWCapriati
Apr 23rd, 2007, 06:01 AM
I think she will win AT LEAST 1 slam - her heart is too big not to win one.

rada
Apr 23rd, 2007, 07:42 AM
Jelena will win a slam

Prep_boii
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:14 AM
Since when is the generic look of pretty the standard in judgeing someones beauty????

Jelena has a UNIQUE look ans STYLE.

shes not your generic blonde from russia or a "girl next door" sex pot.

Jelena has high fashion looks. defined features and very very chic look.

You people are very shallow in your views on beauty.

Jelena could be strutting down the runway in milan, her face is just that unique.

I never implied Jelena was better. But she is the total package in terms of the fact that she emboddies everything a successfull player needs in todays game to succed.

that is: Looks, ability and charisma. so YES, jelena is the total package...and shes already starting to make waves in advertising- this is only the biginning.

sonnys
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:54 AM
PRETTY????:eek: :lol: Shes absolute fantastic:hearts: :hearts: ... She VERY pretty to me..thanx,,;)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/Kiera123/photos/jj22a.jpg

sonnys
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:56 AM
Since when is the generic look of pretty the standard in judgeing someones beauty????

Jelena could be strutting down the runway in milan, her face is just that unique.

I never implied Jelena was better. But she is the total package in terms of the fact that she emboddies everything a successfull player needs in todays game to succed.

that is: Looks, ability and charisma. so YES, jelena is the total package...and shes already starting to make waves in advertising- this is only the biginning.

Thanx.. i could not put it better myself..:drool:

sonnys
Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:58 AM

We will soon see....:lol:

paranr
Apr 23rd, 2007, 09:32 AM

Yes - she has the potential of adverstising and making a lot of money- sure. But that is mainly becuase she is from a small not that rich country in Europe which suffered a lot during the war not that long ago - people relate to that stuff. and also she has the Asian look that can bring her millions in the Korean- Japanese markets(for example big cars' companies), but I don't see her as a major selling force in the U.S. People there don't relate to that stuff. And in terms of tennis- she is gonna be a steady top 7 player for years to come , but she won't be successful as Maria Sharapova never.

sonnys
Apr 23rd, 2007, 09:43 AM
Yes - but she won't be successful as Maria Sharapova never.

on or off court???:confused:

Direwolf
Apr 23rd, 2007, 09:45 AM

such low class words...

Future top players;

all court:
Jankovic
Golovin

slow courts:
Peer
Vaidisova

HC n WM:
Sharapova
Ivanovic

Superfast:
Chakvetadze
Safarova

I see Jankovic who by next year would be a consistent QFs
and next next year....
a consistent S-Finalist

paranr
Apr 23rd, 2007, 09:47 AM
on or off court???:confused:

both.

Kampi
Apr 23rd, 2007, 10:15 AM
Well, well, well...I think I have to throw myself into battle.:armed: :lol:

Hi Prep_boii :wavey: First i really appreciate your words and thoughts about Jelena. (su nioj;) :lol: ) From my point of you view, I see things almost the same way as you do. But I think and I mentioned this a couple of times before in pretty similar threads. Only time will tell. Right now our girl is on the move up and it's looking not so bad for her in terms of entering the TOP5 soon.;) :angel: But we really have to wait and see how she will perform at the SLAMS. Personally, I strongly believe that she will win one, I really do.:angel: But in terms of becoming the next BIG THING like Sharapova...well, I'm not even sure if I would like to see her as the next HYPERDYPA kind of Tennis-star.:confused: :unsure: I think this wouldn't really fit to Jelena, but it's only my opinion. Personally I would prefer that she will become a great and constant TOP5 player(of course I would welcome the NO. 1 spot with open arms;) :lol: :angel: ) with several great tournament wins, inlcuding a couple of slams. And that all combined with the love of the people.(Peoples-Champion) So that everyone is having a good feeling about Jelena, because of her great game and her even greater ability to make people happy with her great personality, humor and attitude, especially off-court.:D You know, it seems that JJ earned a lot of "kudos" at the last tournaments because of that. Sometimes it's not only the game that facinates people, no, sometimes it's more...and I think this exactly is the case in terms of our Jelena.;) :)

GO JJ:kiss: :bounce:

sonnys
Apr 23rd, 2007, 10:21 AM
both.

:lol:

saki
Apr 23rd, 2007, 10:39 AM
Jelena is a lot of fun both in terms of her game and her personality. But.. I don't see her being the next poster child of the sport in the US. In Eastern Europe and the far East, quite possibly if she doesn't burn out. But Myskina with similarly exotic looks and a similarly fun game and personality didn't make much impact on the US market and so I don't see Jelena doing so either.

ce
Apr 23rd, 2007, 11:14 AM
jj i love you:inlove:

vettipooh
Apr 23rd, 2007, 11:35 AM

Take it easy!!:lol: I thought you said DISCUSS! Anyway I don't think she has that "it" factor. Plus she wants to complete university. She may not stick around long enough.:shrug: I think that's why she plays so much. She's trying to amass as much as she can in a short time. Just a thought.

Slutiana
Apr 23rd, 2007, 11:38 AM
sorry but i just dont see it..

sonnys
Apr 23rd, 2007, 11:40 AM
jj i love you:inlove:

:kiss: :hearts:

Hashim.
Apr 23rd, 2007, 11:47 AM
PRETTY????:eek: :lol: Shes absolute fantastic:hearts: :hearts: ... She VERY pretty to me..thanx,,;)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/Kiera123/photos/jj22a.jpg

hotness!!:hearts:

but what u are saying...time will tell..its too early..she just won a Tier-1..her first big title so i don't think this means we start saying she is the next big thing..she needs to win more and perform well GS and this will definately help her to reach the top..

all the best to her!!:D :worship:

Just Do It
Apr 23rd, 2007, 01:29 PM
She is special, thats for sure :)

frontier
Apr 23rd, 2007, 01:37 PM
she is a little bit old to be a poster child for wta,unfortunately madison avenue celebrates youth and i am talking teenagers , now they are shifting to nicole.if your name is not out there by your teens its difficult to catch up.unfortunately the money makers and the face of wta will be pova and nicole and ana if she takes her chances.
it will be difficult to win a slam in the next two years because serena,pova,momo,justine,venus and many others will still be around and she will be around 25yrs and in tennis years thats middle age.
i think she is a colourful character but i think 2007 is her peak year most female players peak at around twenty and twenty two yrs.at least she is not robotic like some eastern european players.

starr
Apr 23rd, 2007, 02:08 PM
I don't know about marketing, etc. That stuff doesn't really matter to me. I enjoy watching Jelena play tennis. I like her game and she brings a lot of fun to the court too. She's not as much fun as Martina Hingis, but she's the next best thing.

jochem
Apr 23rd, 2007, 02:15 PM
She is not pretty and she does not have a big game either. I would put a bunch of players playing their best and beating Jankovicīs best in straight sets.
Still Jelena is a great player and competitior, she is very tough to beat any day and any surface.

That is why she has beaten WS both twice and took Justine and Kim to three sets... And who cares if you dont find her attractive. People on this board are too shallow. :help: She's a great personality on and off court and that is what matters.

Slutiana
Apr 23rd, 2007, 03:27 PM
That is why she has beaten WS both twice and took Justine and Kim to three sets... And who cares if you dont find her attractive. People on this board are too shallow. :help: She's a great personality on and off court and that is what matters.

This person said she is a tough competitor anyday but she doesnt have a big game..u dont have to start defending her...and she beat the WS when they have been playing badly or only starting to find their form...If Venus or Serena were playing well and Jankovic was playing her best, both williams would still win in Straight sets

spencercarlos
Apr 23rd, 2007, 03:34 PM
Serena beat her in straight sets at the Autralian Open losing only 5 games, that pretty much sums it up what to expect from Jelena when she is playing against those top players playing their best.

Henin was not playing top notch tennis in reaching the Usopen final or this year either when she took Jelena in three sets.
Neither Mauresmo or Clijsters have played that great this year either.

Jelena is improving, she is hitting the ball harder and defensively she is very consistent, a true warrior because she never gives anything away. I just feel her game has nothing exceptional on it.

M o n i c a
Apr 23rd, 2007, 03:34 PM
This person said she is a tough competitor anyday but she doesnt have a big game..u dont have to start defending her...and she beat the WS when they have been playing badly or only starting to find their form...If Venus or Serena were playing well and Jankovic was playing her best, both williams would still win in Straight sets

..If grandma had balls, she would not be a grandma...;-)

StZox
Apr 23rd, 2007, 03:59 PM
I think she will win a slam

brent-o
Apr 23rd, 2007, 04:06 PM
She's not a traditional beauty. Her face has this model look to it. Plus, she's got game. If she wins a Slam, look for the American media to latch onto her as the fiery brunette to Maria's bright blonde. (at least one can hope...)

Craigy
Apr 23rd, 2007, 04:11 PM
She isn't gonna be the star of the tour. She won't dominate everybody. If she played a normal schedule (less than 30 tournaments) then it would be so easy for her to get a high ranking. But fair play to her for playing many and not getting too injured.

Dino?Dino.Dino!
Apr 23rd, 2007, 04:13 PM
I have a feeling Jelena might be the type of player that might get bored with tennis easily...

I love her game, it's absolutely fantastic. She's a great spirit on court and I sure do hope to enjoy her for many more years.

frontier
Apr 23rd, 2007, 04:17 PM
ana is the opposite of pova,she is an exotic 6ft and stunningly beautiful.i think americans are obsessed with the leggy blonde look and jj's look is not exactly fresh and young.i think they would latch on to ana if she gets good results than jj because ana is a teenager fresh faced and popular amongst young tennis fans.