PDA

View Full Version : Props To Lisa Raymond. Her volleys are truly spectacular!!

treufreund
Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:58 PM
I cannot believe some of the shots she is hitting . :eek::worship:

cellophane
Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:59 PM
*Goes to look for the Lisa-Venus match from Wimbledon last year*

MisterMan
Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:01 AM
Granny has game ??

treufreund
Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:04 AM
*Goes to look for the Lisa-Venus match from Wimbledon last year*

Whispers in your ear: Venus and Lisa are on the same team. :worship:

treufreund
Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:05 AM
Granny has game ??

I think she produces truly incredible volleys. There was no pressure on her at all and it showed in her volleying. Really fun to see a female player (other than Martina) who knows how to do everything at the net. :D:bounce:

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:07 AM
Lisa's volleys are good.
She has a tendency to choke at times which is why she's only won 5 doubles slams.

nathie
Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:13 AM
king/raymond def hendler/maes 61-62

treufreund
Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:15 AM
Lisa's volleys are good.
She has a tendency to choke at times which is why she's only won 5 doubles slams.

LOL "only" 5 doubles slams. 99% of players would die for that career.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:21 AM
LOL "only" 5 doubles slams. 99% of players would die for that career.

So the same would be said of Lindsay Davenport when it comes to her singles slams.
The point is her slam title to title ratio is quite low compared to many other players even playing right now and some of it has to do with her ability to choke.

treufreund
Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:23 AM
So the same would be said of Lindsay Davenport when it comes to her singles slams.
The point is her slam title to title ratio is quite low compared to many other players even playing right now and some of it has to do with her ability to choke.

Still a stellar career and sweet person. :) Anyways I started this thread to praise her technique on her volleys. She started tennis late in life relatively and did not have a ton of formal instruction. A lot of natural talent. :worship:

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:32 AM
Still a stellar career and sweet person. :) Anyways I started this thread to praise her technique on her volleys. She started tennis late in life relatively and did not have a ton of formal instruction. A lot of natural talent. :worship:

The good career yes, could be stellar if she makes the right decision, one being that after the US Open, she needs to go with Vania King on the Asian swing and start getting ready to really go after something she wants, a medal at the Olympics.
If she can get to about 90 titles in doubles and 5 more slams including the mixed doubles Australian Open which alludes her, she would really be in good position to make the hall of fame.

Lisa Raymond has great forehand volleys and good backhand volleys, which is why Sam Stosur is such a good fit, she compliments with better backhand volleys.

She's a nice person. She's always been nice to me but the same time I've seen her get moody with others.

nflatte
Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:37 AM
She won the NCAAs after all, so please don't make fun of her.

freemartha22
Apr 23rd, 2007, 05:45 AM
[QUOTE=Wannabeknowitall;10570988]

Lisa Raymond has great forehand volleys and good backhand volleys, which is why Sam Stosur is such a good fit, she compliments with better backhand volleys. :rolleyes:

While Iappreciate your insights, I have to say that this comment suggests you don't watch that much of lisa as well as lisa/sam's matches....lisa has an amazing backhand volley (much better than her forehand) and sam's backhand volley needs work! they complement each other for many reasons just not this one!

CooCooCachoo
Apr 23rd, 2007, 06:05 AM
Lisa is a truly spectacular player at the net. I love to watch her there. Unfortunately, her baseline game is not good enough anymore for her to keep up in singles.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 23rd, 2007, 06:09 AM
[QUOTE=Wannabeknowitall;10570988]

Lisa Raymond has great forehand volleys and good backhand volleys, which is why Sam Stosur is such a good fit, she compliments with better backhand volleys. :rolleyes:

While Iappreciate your insights, I have to say that this comment suggests you don't watch that much of lisa as well as lisa/sam's matches....lisa has an amazing backhand volley (much better than her forehand) and sam's backhand volley needs work! they complement each other for many reasons just not this one!

Well then you can talk to Lisa Raymond and Gigi Fernandez because those words came from out of their mouths.
That's how supposedly Sam got in contact with Lisa, through Gigi Fernandez.
Gigi told Lisa about a women on tour that she thought would be good match for her.
They didn't play well their first couple of tournaments but got it together.

Borris
Apr 23rd, 2007, 09:25 AM
Anyone saw the match against Maes/Hendler?

How was Hendler playing?